November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on. Just got back last night from Virginia. Here's the update on my new granddaughter. Her breathing problems got worse and without going into too much detail, she had to go on a ventilator and have a chest tube put in. She has been sedated for a couple of days. We had a bit of good news yesterday that, while under sedation and from having the chest tube in, she was counting on the ventilator only 20% for her breathing. They will wean her off the vent and remove the chest tube and see if she can continue to breath on her own. I got to see her once, but DH did not get to see her at all. It's so hard to be back in Ohio while she is still in the NICU! Our DD is overdoing it and needs to get more rest, but going back and forth to the hospital can't be helped. She has a great support system through her church and our other DD lives close by. I'll be going back next Monday for a prolonged stay. Thanks so much for all the well wishes and prayers. It really means a lot to me!

I think our move to Jan. is probably going to happen. Had a meeting at the school today & the teachers thought it would be a better week for DS to miss. His schedule is crazy this year... EC reading & gifted math... it gets confusing to figure it all out!!! :headache:

Congratulations on the new Grand Baby!!!!
How early was she? My DS10 was a 9 pound premie! :scared: Our NICU experience was amazing. There are some special people who work with those babies!!! :love: just hang in there... It's so hard not being able to hold them & take them home with you, but it will be a wonderful day when she is strong enough!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

She was 5 1/2 weeks early. She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz, so that was helpful. Wow! a 9 lb premie! Good thing she came early!! Yes, the not being able to hold her and for a day or so not even touch her has been very hard for my DD. She held her once before her big troubles began, but her poor DH hasn't held her even once! He keeps busy with their 3 year old, though, and he starts a new job tomorrow and they're looking for a place to live, so not much going on at all!:rolleyes1

Hello everyone! I'm new (and late!) to the thread!

My Husband and I are spending the first week of our honeymoon at Disney! We are staying at POFQ from Nov 10-16th :) we can't wait!!:cool1:

:welcome: POFQ is our favorite moderate resort!!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. You'll love it at FQ!

I just wanted to jump in on the thread. We just planned our Nov trip.. we will be at AKV CL from Nov 25- 30!! I love that time of year at Disney because of all the Christmas decorations. This will be our 2nd time for the Christmas season..

:welcome: The Christmas season at Disney is awesome! Glad you joined us!:goodvibes

Anyone else watch "Once upon a time"? I just found it on netflix. I am loving it.

I loved that show! Not sure where they're going to be able to go, but can't wait to find out.

Been on this thread a while...can you add us. Arriving Nov 7-12 Pop

:welcome:

Good Morning!! Happy Sunday :goodvibes

Went over our plans again yesterday and how to break the surprise that we upgraded to the Royal Princess rooms at POR. They think we are staying at POFQ- My husband and daughter Sarah are driving from Pensacola- and we (Myself and DD 15 Rachel) will meet them at front of POFQ- I was thinking...when they pull up just saying....Beryl (that's my DH- I don't think we are in the right place are we? And he'll say "you know I think you're right...Mickey sent us a little surprise and we have to get back in car and drive just a wee bit farther....we will ask them to cover their eyes or blindfold them, since its a really short trip go over to checkin (or I can try and do this beforehand if I can sneak quickly while I leave Rachel in gift shop or something) and go to room where surprise will be revealed. Any other thoughts on this?? I want it to come naturally. They have NO ide of what's coming. We also plan to have our room decorated by the Disney florist people as well since we are celebrating Sarah college graduation, and Rachel's sweet 16!!

Maybe you could say you have ressies at Boatwrights so you have to get in the car and drive over to POR.:confused3

USCGMOUSE: Everything looks good. Did you include tips in your figures? If so, looks like a great plan!:thumbsup2

disneychic2 said:
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on. Just got back last night from Virginia. Here's the update on my new granddaughter. Her breathing problems got worse and without going into too much detail, she had to go on a ventilator and have a chest tube put in. She has been sedated for a couple of days. We had a bit of good news yesterday that, while under sedation and from having the chest tube in, she was counting on the ventilator only 20% for her breathing. They will wean her off the vent and remove the chest tube and see if she can continue to breath on her own. I got to see her once, but DH did not get to see her at all. It's so hard to be back in Ohio while she is still in the NICU! Our DD is overdoing it and needs to get more rest, but going back and forth to the hospital can't be helped. She has a great support system through her church and our other DD lives close by. I'll be going back next Monday for a prolonged stay. Thanks so much for all the well wishes and prayers. It really means a lot to me!

She was 5 1/2 weeks early. She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz, so that was helpful. Wow! a 9 lb premie! Good thing she came early!! Yes, the not being able to hold her and for a day or so not even touch her has been very hard for my DD. She held her once before her big troubles began, but her poor DH hasn't held her even once! He keeps busy with their 3 year old, though, and he starts a new job tomorrow and they're looking for a place to live, so not much going on at all!:rolleyes1

:welcome: POFQ is our favorite moderate resort!!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. You'll love it at FQ!

:welcome: The Christmas season at Disney is awesome! Glad you joined us!:goodvibes

I loved that show! Not sure where they're going to be able to go, but can't wait to find out.

:welcome:

Maybe you could say you have ressies at Boatwrights so you have to get in the car and drive over to POR.:confused3

USCGMOUSE: Everything looks good. Did you include tips in your figures? If so, looks like a great plan!:thumbsup2

Aw im so sorry to hear about ur grand daughter! {{{hugs}}} u all will be in my prayers

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

As the trip gets closer I feel less prepared. I was doing so much Disney stuff for a while I - forgive me for saying this - burned out and felt silly for planning so far in advance. Now it seems I have a bunch of half finished projects or ideas not seen through and am running out of time. Blast!:furious:

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on. Just got back last night from Virginia. Here's the update on my new granddaughter. Her breathing problems got worse and without going into too much detail, she had to go on a ventilator and have a chest tube put in. She has been sedated for a couple of days. We had a bit of good news yesterday that, while under sedation and from having the chest tube in, she was counting on the ventilator only 20% for her breathing. They will wean her off the vent and remove the chest tube and see if she can continue to breath on her own. I got to see her once, but DH did not get to see her at all. It's so hard to be back in Ohio while she is still in the NICU! Our DD is overdoing it and needs to get more rest, but going back and forth to the hospital can't be helped. She has a great support system through her church and our other DD lives close by. I'll be going back next Monday for a prolonged stay. Thanks so much for all the well wishes and prayers. It really means a lot to me

Well that's very good that she's only relying on it for 20%, that sounds VERY positive!! And that's good that she has a good support system, it's impossible for you daughter not to overdo it at this point. Unless they let her stay at the hospital too, which you would really think they would do. So she could cut down on the running around in circles part. I'm glad you will get to go back on Monday, that will be sooo good. Prayers and Pixie Dustpixiedust: for all of you! And I can't wait to see the celebration when you get to hold her!:goodvibes

As the trip gets closer I feel less prepared. I was doing so much Disney stuff for a while I - forgive me for saying this - burned out and felt silly for planning so far in advance. Now it seems I have a bunch of half finished projects or ideas not seen through and am running out of time. Blast!:furious:

Thats how I felt! I didnt feel like doing anything for so long because I 'had time' to finish things...well im running out of time:coffee:

Thats how I felt! I didnt feel like doing anything for so long because I 'had time' to finish things...well im running out of time:coffee:

This Friday it will be 7 weeks until we leave. :cool1: I keep thinking that we need to do something, but most everything is buttoned up until the last week or so before we go.

I'm pretty excited though. This time should go quickly. At the end of October my wife will be out of town for a week and then I'll be out of town the following week and when I get back we'll only have 2 weeks until the trip. We'll have DD2's birthday party to get ready for and then boom, we're off to Disney! :yay:

squirrel4569 said:
This Friday it will be 7 weeks until we leave. :cool1: I keep thinking that we need to do something, but most everything is buttoned up until the last week or so before we go.

I'm pretty excited though. This time should go quickly. At the end of October my wife will be out of town for a week and then I'll be out of town the following week and when I get back we'll only have 2 weeks until the trip. We'll have DD2's birthday party to get ready for and then boom, we're off to Disney! :yay:

Sounds like ur next couple months will go fast!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

i feel the exact same way.

:dance3::yay::cool1:

Caroline is off the ventilator and just has oxygen through her nose! That's great progress! And my DD will get to hold her tomorrow if things continue to improve as they are. I'm so happy! Thanks everyone for your support!:goodvibes

BTW, I tried to download the Dis app to my iPhone and it won't download. It says "installing" in the app store, but the icon just sits on my phone and says "waiting". Any thoughts? I'd sure like to be able to use my phone to check into the Dis! TIA!

disneychic2 said:
BTW, I tried to download the Dis app to my iPhone and it won't download. It says "installing" in the app store, but the icon just sits on my phone and says "waiting". Any thoughts? I'd sure like to be able to use my phone to check into the Dis! TIA!

I have the android app and the iPad app. When I downloaded on my android, I had the same issue. I had to cancel installation and start over.

disneychic2 said:

Is the battery on red? Mine wont do anything if its on red

Did you just download the OS6 system? I had a problem with an app yesterday. I just left it alone and finally it loaded. Good luck!

Tell me what you think about the pretzels.

We love pretzels in general, from Sams and the mall.

Last time we tried a pretzel at a cart in DHS and the it just wasn't very good.

Are some places better than others? Are they generally good and we had a off one? Are the ones in Germany better?

Is the battery on red? Mine wont do anything if its on red

Did you just download the OS6 system? I had a problem with an app yesterday. I just left it alone and finally it loaded. Good luck!

The battery isn't on red, but it is on the low side. I did download OS6 last week. I will recharge it and then try again. Thanks for the input!:goodvibes

Ok
so we just decided to do this trip about 2 weeks ago...

So to say I am freaking out is an understatement:scared:

So here is my plan as of now... any and all input / suggestions appreciated

We have decided to go against the grain of vets and do the EMH's :crowded:
We have the dining plan- all restaurants except Biergarten is new to us
We are at POFQ
Boys are 9 & 6 and we were there in 2010...They are not big on characters, so I have avoided character meals.

Monday- arrive, check in, hit up MK (duh ;), ADR- Kona
Tuesday- Epcot, Late ADR Hacienda San Angel for the fireworks (per TA)
Wed- AK, ADR Boma
Thur- MK, ADR Biergarten
FRI- HS, Fantasmic Package (mama melrose), Osborne lights
Sat- 7:40 ADR Ohana for brekfast, DTD then head home...

Quick planning ? Can my family make it to the 11:30 Nemo show and then immediately to the 12:30 FOTLK at AK?

JR - 1992 Caribbean Beach 1997 All Star Music 1998 Port Orleans Riverside 2000 Boardwalk Hotel 2008 Coronado Springs 2010 Pop Century – 80’s 2012: Pop Century – 60’s (11/7-11/12)

snarfblatt said:
Ok

We are at POFQ
Boys are 9 & 6 and we were there in 2010...They are not big on characters, so I have avoided character meals.

Wed- AK, ADR Boma
Thur- MK, ADR Biergarten

Sounds like a good plan to me. I assume you have park hoppers since some of your ADRs are different than your park listed.

JR - 1992 Caribbean Beach 1997 All Star Music 1998 Port Orleans Riverside 2000 Boardwalk Hotel 2008 Coronado Springs 2010 Pop Century – 80’s 2012: Pop Century – 60’s (11/7-11/12)

Ok

We are at POFQ

Wed- AK, ADR Boma
Thur- MK, ADR Biergarten

First of all, love POFQ!! Your boys will love the pool. Also, DH and I do EMH quite often. If the parks with EMH are crowded, we just leave, but usually if you stick it out, they get really great. And morning EMH are the best if your family is used to being up early. You can get so much done before the regular peeps get there!

Everything looks good as far as ADRs. We have done Boma 3 times and plan to do it this trip as well. We usually do DTD on our AK/Boma day. When you do the Osborne lights, don't make a beeline for them after Fantasmic. Stroll a bit and maybe check out some of the shops to let the crowd thin out. After closing time, go on over to check out the lights, since they remain on for 30 to 60 minutes after closing. The crowds are thin and it's so much easier to walk around and see everything. Then the buses aren't as crowded either.::yes::

Quick planning ? Can my family make it to the 11:30 Nemo show and then immediately to the 12:30 FOTLK at AK?

Technically you could make it. It depends how fast your family can walk from the farthest edge of Dinoland USA to the farthest edge of Camp Minnie Mickey! :faint: Nemo is 35 minutes long, it will be a hike to get over to the FOTLK theater, and also, the middle of the day shows are the most crowded, so not sure you would get in. But, it is worth a shot if you're working with pretty good crowd levels for the the day you are there. Both shows are fantastic. Our personal fav is Nemo.

I was so into that show and then I lost a little interest. I want to give it another try. I think the evil queen got on my nerves. I really wanted someone to smack her and chop down that darn apple tree of hers.

I know. I would love to reach thru the screen and slap the snot out of her. I was :cheer2: when Emma cut a big branch off the tree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter