November 2012 Code Watch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info! I have not started working on our itinerary yet but have narrowed down our table service meals.....Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose (hoping for Fantasmic package), and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. I am thinking maybe Chef Mickeys, Liberty Tree Tavern or Rainforest Cafe for our OOP meal. Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA!

What about Tusker House? I loved it!

So I just got a pin for FD but it is for 8/25 - 929. Maybe something will come soon. I can hope anyway. I actually don't want FD, but I am thinking good thoughts for everyone that does.

:banana::banana::banana:

So I just got a pin for FD but it is for 8/25 - 929. Maybe something will come soon. I can hope anyway. I actually don't want FD, but I am thinking good thoughts for everyone that does.

:banana::banana::banana:

Last year the free dining promo came out for end of November/December in August. It's gonna be hard for my to wait b/c I'm getting a bit :hyper: right now just to book our package!

No you would need to book a package that contained atleast 3 nights AND a 2 day park admission (for everyone in your party). If you already have a park ticket it wouldnt count as part of your 2 day minimum
Lol. I understand that for the Freedinning plan. I wasn't clear. I was asking if I was to book and PAY out of pocket for a package including the dinning plan, I would only want to buy one ticket. And then later(if fdp comes out) add a second ticket.

Is that ok? Or do I have to pay for 2 day tickets, if I want the DP, free or not.

Lol. I understand that for the Freedinning plan. I wasn't clear. I was asking if I was to book and PAY out of pocket for a package including the dinning plan, I would only want to buy one ticket. And then later(if fdp comes out) add a second ticket.

Is that ok? Or do I have to pay for 2 day tickets, if I want the DP, free or not.

To purchase a dining plan, you have to purchase new 1-day tickets (as a part of the package) for each person on the reservation.

I am pretty sure that only AP holders can buy DP without buying a ticket for each person on the reservation. That ticket can be as many or a few days as you want.

I am pretty sure that only AP holders can buy DP without buying a ticket for each person on the reservation. That ticket can be as many or a few days as you want.

AP holders booking a room with an AP rate, DVC stays and militarty packages are the only groups that can get a ticketless dining plan--paid, never free.

We liked Kona too...I had some kind of Asian prepared Mahi Mahi...very good...

Definitely need to do MVMCP once...but in my opinion, for the price, not worth rearranging your schedule...just my opinion. MNSSHP was better.

Osborne Lights, however, is incredible...and free. :thumbsup2

I always stick to the teriyaki steak because it's delicious! My Dh loves Mahi Mahi though so I'll tell him about it! :goodvibes

If it were me, I would either add a day or (are you driving?) head home after. I HAD to make it work last year. I loved it because I love Christmas time at Disney!!! They had one one Fri and Sunday (we arrived fri and left monday morn) I should have gone with the sunday one but went with the friday one-it was PACKED!:sad2: but still fun :thumbsup2 We are doing it this trip too!I would add a day now vs later if you are going too, it will be easier. OR if you are diving, you could stay over night outside of Orlando. Or if you are flying, fly home the next day and stay at the airport hotel or an extra night at disney :upsidedow can u tell I m trying to persuade u into going to the party :cheer2:

:lmao: I'm trying to talk myself into it too!! We are driving, and we would normally come in the Friday before but DD has a cheer competition that Saturday that she cant miss. :( IF for some reason it gets changed, we could add on in the beginning of the trip so I am waiting to see for now. I wont know until much later, like August or Sept. After reading what you said though, I may be better off going that Sunday night anyway. :scratchin This is why I love to plan so far out!

Man this thread moves fast! Gotta check in more often!:laughing:

I always stick to the teriyaki steak because it's delicious! My Dh loves Mahi Mahi though so I'll tell him about it! :goodvibes

:lmao: I'm trying to talk myself into it too!! We are driving, and we would normally come in the Friday before but DD has a cheer competition that Saturday that she cant miss. :( IF for some reason it gets changed, we could add on in the beginning of the trip so I am waiting to see for now. I wont know until much later, like August or Sept. After reading what you said though, I may be better off going that Sunday night anyway. :scratchin This is why I love to plan so far out!

My dad and mom are actually doing that, they are staying in disney as long as we are and we will be catching the ME sometime around # or so for a 6pm flight back to Baltimore and they will hang out more and head to a cheapy hotel right outside of Orlando like Kissimee? I think. They will drive home starting fresh the next morning. I couldnt do the 14+ hour drive but my mom is retired and my dad gets 3 weeks vaca a year-that carries over so he has like a whole month-must be nice:duck: LOL

Thanks for the info! I have not started working on our itinerary yet but have narrowed down our table service meals.....Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose (hoping for Fantasmic package), and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. I am thinking maybe Chef Mickeys, Liberty Tree Tavern or Rainforest Cafe for our OOP meal. Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA!

Are you looking for a park/resort/DTD restaurant? I see you are eating at EP, HS, and MK but have no plans for AK, are you planning to visit AK? Make sure you price out your meals so you can pay OOP for the cheapest option (which is usually breakfast). We may also have to pay OOP for a couple meals if Free Dining isn't offered. You can go to www.allears.net and check out the menus for pricing. :thumbsup2

Happy Planning pixiedust:

I am in Alabama and have a DD who cheers allstar. What comp is interfering with your trip? We were looking at Mardi Gras week, but that is out because of Cheersport Nationals in Atlanta. I just don't think we could do a week at Disney and then dive into the insanity of a 1000 team comp!

What about Tusker House? I loved it!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Are you looking for a park/resort/DTD restaurant? I see you are eating at EP, HS, and MK but have no plans for AK, are you planning to visit AK? Make sure you price out your meals so you can pay OOP for the cheapest option (which is usually breakfast). We may also have to pay OOP for a couple meals if Free Dining isn't offered. You can go to www.allears.net and check out the menus for pricing. :thumbsup2

Happy Planning pixiedust:

Thanks Natter! I worked on a temporary itinerary today. We do plan to visit AK but I am thinking that may be a park hopper day so we may only have lunch there.....hopping to Epcot for dinner with the Princesses in Norway. Though I may be tempted to stay for a late lunch or early dinner at Tusker House. My other option was make our OOP day in MK and go to Chef Mickey's or try The Plaza. Decisions, decisions! I have about 3 1/2 weeks to get it all figured out!

Besure and check the times that they will honor the Fantasmic package when you make your dining ressies. We made our ressies through Disney and then when we were leaving the restuarant we were told they would not honor or package as we did not eat before a certain time. We lost a dining credit and all we got was a "sorry" someone should have told you

Besure and check the times that they will honor the Fantasmic package when you make your dining ressies. We made our ressies through Disney and then when we were leaving the restuarant we were told they would not honor or package as we did not eat before a certain time. We lost a dining credit and all we got was a "sorry" someone should have told you

Did you specifically book the Fantasmic Package, or did you just make a regular ADR? You cannot do the Fantasmic Package unless you specifically book it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter