• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2012 Code Watch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free dining packages require a minimum of 3 nights for your stay and a minimum of a 2-day ticket for each guest on the reservation ages 3 and up.:thumbsup2

And I agree, book the longest stay and then take days off if you need to. That would be the easiest.

You are right.... my bad :lmao:

Free dining packages require a minimum of 3 nights for your stay and a minimum of a 2-day ticket for each guest on the reservation ages 3 and up.:thumbsup2

And I agree, book the longest stay and then take days off if you need to. That would be the easiest.

Thanks everyone.
I didn't know that about needing a 2day park ticket for the DP. That changes things. If I book longer than needed(to secure the possibility of DP) I can cancel a day without penalties right?

To clear up the tickets thing. My boyfriend and I already each have a one day park hopper ticket, so I was just planning on getting 2 more tickets(one day each)with the package. That would work correct? I mean once we are at the park and use the tickets we already own, how would they know we even purchased a package??

Thank you all for the WELCOMES!!

For us even if we get a military discount I am not sure we will stay on property. I would love to for the experience of it. However through the armed forces vacation club we can get a 2 bedroom condo for $389 for 7 nights..... it is tough to beat. And the condo is only 1/2 mile from Animal Kingdom.

Also if I am reading things right you have to have 2 park tickets on the reservation....we don't get tickets at the park we either get FL resident tickets or the Military tickets so I wouldn't be able to get the dining plan?

- - Does anyone know when November 2012 Animal Kingdom hours will be posted? It is so hard to try and figure out what park which day and which ADR's to make.

Thank you all for the WELCOMES!!

For us even if we get a military discount I am not sure we will stay on property. I would love to for the experience of it. However through the armed forces vacation club we can get a 2 bedroom condo for $389 for 7 nights..... it is tough to beat. And the condo is only 1/2 mile from Animal Kingdom.

Also if I am reading things right you have to have 2 park tickets on the reservation....we don't get tickets at the park we either get FL resident tickets or the Military tickets so I wouldn't be able to get the dining plan?

- - Does anyone know when November 2012 Animal Kingdom hours will be posted? It is so hard to try and figure out what park which day and which ADR's to make.

I have just used 9-5 and if there are AM EMH its always open at 8am

Thanks everyone.
I didn't know that about needing a 2day park ticket for the DP. That changes things. If I book longer than needed(to secure the possibility of DP) I can cancel a day without penalties right?

To clear up the tickets thing. My boyfriend and I already each have a one day park hopper ticket, so I was just planning on getting 2 more tickets(one day each)with the package. That would work correct? I mean once we are at the park and use the tickets we already own, how would they know we even purchased a package??

No you would need to book a package that contained atleast 3 nights AND a 2 day park admission (for everyone in your party). If you already have a park ticket it wouldnt count as part of your 2 day minimum

Now that park hours are posted, I'd love to see people's itineraries, especially if they are going the same week as me - 11/13 - 11/18! I'll post mine as soon as I decide. I'm usually not too big on detailed itineraries, but since this is a grownups-only trip, and we are going to be making ADRs (and hoping for free dining plan), I'm going to rough something out.

Hi! I'm going on a grown-ups only trip with my parents for my 30th Nov 1-6. I'm linking what we're thinking so far. As you can see, we love Boma and California Grill. We'll be on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we'll do a signature each night and use our snack credits at Food & Wine booths. I like to plan a morning park, but we end up at Epcot pretty much every afternoon it seems :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqqONXMMBxVMdHF1NGZENEtRZ29qU211TEVXZ2xic0E

Hi! I'm going on a grown-ups only trip with my parents for my 30th Nov 1-6. I'm linking what we're thinking so far. As you can see, we love Boma and California Grill. We'll be on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we'll do a signature each night and use our snack credits at Food & Wine booths. I like to plan a morning park, but we end up at Epcot pretty much every afternoon it seems :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqqONXMMBxVMdHF1NGZENEtRZ29qU211TEVXZ2xic0E

I stole your spreadsheet..... I have a ton of lists this will help!!! Thanks

Off topic for a minute....

I am soooo nervous about my Urologist appt on Monday :( I am so afraid that he will look at me and tell me there is nothing wrong with me and its in my head.... :crazy: :faint:

Ok, I walked away for a day or so from my plan....Below is what I have come up with for now. We try to do fireworks each day pixiedust:

Tues., 11-6
arrival day - AKV around lunchtime
no schedule (yes, I am freaking slightly about this) - maybe to E for F & W munchies
maybe Illuminations

Wed., 11-7
Pirate Day!
MK
Crystal Palace/BOG - not sure when, depends on Pirate League appt.
Pirate League
Pirate & Pal Cruise - Wishes

Thurs., 11-8
E
Kim Possible (or whatever it is called by then)
Le Cellier - lunch
Rose & Crown - dinner
Illuminations

Friday, 11-9
MK
Ohana - bfast
Boma - Dinner

Saturday, 11-10
AK
Wild Africa Trek
Tusker House as some point
hop to MK for the evening
Wishes

Sunday, 11-11
MK
Chef Mickey
Wishes dessert party

Monday, 11-12
DTD then to MK for MVMCP
Wolfgang Puck
Crystal Palace or BOG
Holiday Wishes

Tuesday, 11-13
Epcot
Restaurant Marakesh
maybe Le Cellier for lunch again!! :rolleyes1
Illuminations

Wednesday, 11-14
DHS
Jedi Training
Mama Melrose
Fantasmic - probably not the package, did it before, not impressed with seating area

Thursday, 11-15
AK hop to E for dinner at Garden Grill
Illuminations

Friday, 11-16
open - all depends on flight schedule

Ok, what do you think? Suggestions?

Off topic for a minute....

I am soooo nervous about my Urologist appt on Monday :( I am so afraid that he will look at me and tell me there is nothing wrong with me and its in my head.... :crazy: :faint:

He is going to tell you exactly what you need to do to feel better! :goodvibes :grouphug:

Good morning....just a silly dining question that I think I know the answer to just want to double check! We will be short 1 table service credit per person because DH wants to try Le Cellier this trip. For the day we have no table service credit DH still wants to eat at a table service restaurant and pay out of pocket. I still need to make a reservation even though we will pay for the meal, correct? TIA!

Yes, you still need a reservation. You might want to price out some of the meals. I believe you can be selective on which meal you pay OOP. For instance, a buffet may be cheaper than a dinner OOP.

I have an excel spreadsheet, but it is not as readable as yours and I was struggling with how to set it up better. Yours looks so good! I like the layout! Looks like a fun trip!:cool1:

He is going to tell you exactly what you need to do to feel better! :goodvibes :grouphug:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I should make a spreadsheet of our trip, I just am not THAT organized! I need to write down everything we want to do, hours, and any special shows for that night PLUS hours and how many ppl I need to make ADR's for.

Do any of you place your adr's in a special order when making ADR's? Like the hardest places to get first? I am not sure how to classify mine. I just made sure O'Hana and CRT are later in my trip so it gives me a better chance of scoring the ones I need :goodvibes

Ok, I walked away for a day or so from my plan....Below is what I have come up with for now. We try to do fireworks each day pixiedust:

Tues., 11-6
arrival day - AKV around lunchtime
no schedule (yes, I am freaking slightly about this) - maybe to E for F & W munchies
maybe Illuminations

Wed., 11-7
Pirate Day!
MK
Crystal Palace/BOG - not sure when, depends on Pirate League appt.
Pirate League
Pirate & Pal Cruise - Wishes

Thurs., 11-8
E
Kim Possible (or whatever it is called by then)
Le Cellier - lunch
Rose & Crown - dinner
Illuminations

Friday, 11-9
MK
Ohana - bfast
Boma - Dinner

Saturday, 11-10
AK
Wild Africa Trek
Tusker House as some point
hop to MK for the evening
Wishes

Sunday, 11-11
MK
Chef Mickey
Wishes dessert party

Monday, 11-12
DTD then to MK for MVMCP
Wolfgang Puck
Crystal Palace or BOG
Holiday Wishes

Tuesday, 11-13
Epcot
Restaurant Marakesh
maybe Le Cellier for lunch again!! :rolleyes1
Illuminations

Wednesday, 11-14
DHS
Jedi Training
Mama Melrose
Fantasmic - probably not the package, did it before, not impressed with seating area

Thursday, 11-15
AK hop to E for dinner at Garden Grill
Illuminations

Friday, 11-16
open - all depends on flight schedule

Ok, what do you think? Suggestions?

it looks good! Instead of Crystal palace/BOG both days, could you maybe try another ressie around MK? What about Whispering Canyon cafe? Or instead of 2 Le Cellier lunches, could you do another E ressie like Via Napoli or Coral Reef or Teppan edo? IDK what you like to eat, just some suggestions BUT the plan looks good!!! You even have shows listed! :thumbsup2 I didnt get that far yet :goodvibes

Good morning....just a silly dining question that I think I know the answer to just want to double check! We will be short 1 table service credit per person because DH wants to try Le Cellier this trip. For the day we have no table service credit DH still wants to eat at a table service restaurant and pay out of pocket. I still need to make a reservation even though we will pay for the meal, correct? TIA!

The PP is right. I am not sure your dining plans BUT I would pick the cheapest place to pay OOP. :thumbsup2

Yup. :thumbsup2

Enjoy LeCellier..we always do.

Yes, you still need a reservation. You might want to price out some of the meals. I believe you can be selective on which meal you pay OOP. For instance, a buffet may be cheaper than a dinner OOP.

The PP is right. I am not sure your dining plans BUT I would pick the cheapest place to pay OOP. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info! I have not started working on our itinerary yet but have narrowed down our table service meals.....Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose (hoping for Fantasmic package), and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. I am thinking maybe Chef Mickeys, Liberty Tree Tavern or Rainforest Cafe for our OOP meal. Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA!

CHeck JetBlue. Those flights are open, and we are doing round trip for 2 from National for under $400

Thank you for posting this, Broncobilly! I have always done best with SW out of BWI, but I'm equidistant from all 3 DC/Balt airports, and Jet Blue is about $150 less than SW rates for October. I think $200 is probably the best we are going to do, so I went ahead and booked our flights on JetBlue.

P.S., I'm Myersville, maybe we should carpool!

Thanks, Hmom and Idniggle for posting your itineraries! I'll post mine too as soon as I get it done. Just waiting for Josh's detailed analysis and a little spare time to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter