November 2012 Code Watch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/november2011/

This link should tell you. If you want to use the calendar to compare other things, save a copy of the pdf. 2011 will disappear once 2012 is created on this site.

That is a great tool! Looking at it, I have a question about MVMCP. Does the first party typically start via the date in the calendar or the day as positioned in the week and/or month. Over the last couple of years, the party starts date wise November 8th (figure that gives them time to set up after Halloween, etc). Last year, that was a Tuesday. This year a Thursday.

Last Year, parties were Tuesday the 8th, Wednesday the 9th, and Friday the 11th. If by date, I figure it will be Thursday the 8th, Friday the 9th, and Sunday the 11th, yes? If by day, then I am royally confused, LOL

We've never seen CP before, but we're planning to the last evening of this trip. So excited about finally seeing it! Watched some YouTube videos and it looks fabulous! We're definitely planning on doing the package. Do you have any tips about CP for me? We've never done MVMCP either. If we arrive on Thursday, 11/15, we'd be able to see it, but I would least want to see in on a Friday. It's not available at all Thanksgiving week...

Hi ThreeAngels :)

CP is lovely and very meaningful. A celebrity narrates the Christmas story and choirs from all over FL (and if I'm not wrong, some are from other parts of the U.S. too) sing Christmas carols and hymns. The only thing I dislike about CP is the line to get in before the performances. Even with the CP package, the line is very long. We stood in line for at least 45 minutes or so in 09 and 08. And I'm referring to the line for those who bought the CP package. According to cast members, it's not uncommon for those without CP packages to wait for hours in line. Their line is a whole lot longer too! The theatre is not very big and I have read that if you stand outside, you are actually able to hear the whole thing taking place. You may not get a good view of it though.

Not sure about performances during Thanksgiving week. We usually plan to arrive the week after. We'll probably choose to eat at Biergarten as we LOVE the atmosphere and food there. :thumbsup2 Then we'll tour World Showcase before getting ourselves in line. In 09, our package also included a preferred spot to watch IllumiNations. We got an AWESOME spot! Right in front of the 1st major explosion. I can't wait till we experience it all over again this year! It would be great bonus if we can catch Neil Patrick Harris or James Earl Jones narrating. But, we're always just so happy to be at WDW during the Christmas season, it doesn't really matter who narrates. :santa:

Tips... Let's see. Well, I preferred catching the 2nd performance of the evening. It's already dark by then and it's so magical to watch the choir coming in with their candles. But, in order for us to get preferred seating for the 2nd performance, we had to buy a dinner package. Lunch is usually less costly. But for those with FD, I guess it really doesn't matter. The restaurant we chose had already filled all the CP package slots for dinner, so we had to had lunch instead and attend the 1st performance. We were all right with it. Gave us some time to slowly explore World Showcase after dark before IllumiNations. We took the opportunity to go hunting for WDW characters. Found Marie in a small shop in France. There was virtually no one around so we got to spend some time with her and took some fantastic pictures. Also sat down in England and listened to the band playing there. Can't recall the name of it. Britsh Invasion maybe? It was nice.

I suggest being well rested before experiencing CP. It was a long day and night for us as we arrived at Epcot for early Magic Hour and stayed to catch IllumiNations. We were sooooo exhausted at the end of it all. Completely happy and contented. But EXHAUSTED. We'll probably do it again this year! Commandos that we are! :rotfl2:

What is this "CP" that you guys are talking about/youtubing? I thought you meant "Christmas parade", but then said "MVMCP" as something separate. So, I assume they are not the same. I want to youtube something, too. :happytv:

Please count us in for arriving NOV 4th 2012 staying at AOA I have been looking for a November thread:cool1:..

We are bringing my friend (a single dad) and his 3 year old I can not wait.....

What is this "CP" that you guys are talking about/youtubing? I thought you meant "Christmas parade", but then said "MVMCP" as something separate. So, I assume they are not the same. I want to youtube something, too. :happytv:

Candle Procession IIRC.

I talked to DH last night and he said that he doesn't care when we come home so our dates are officially Nov 10th (arrive on the 11th) through Nov 19th! :banana: As of now, we are staying at the POFQ, but that is VERY likely to change. I really want the POLY. We live about an hour away from New Orleans so I'm not sure how much we will enjoy POFQ, but none of the other moderates appeal to us. We'd like to stay at AoA, but really want free dining and it doesn't look like AoA will be eligible for any discounts this year. Decisions, decisions, decisions... :confused3 I guess none of it really matters until the discounts for that time period are released. :confused3

Question: If a discount is not offered on our arrival date, and we decide to arrive a day or two later, will I have to make a whole new reservation? I guess what I really want to know is will I lose any ADRs that I have for the whole trip? or for just the days I won't be there?

:banana:Happy Mom! Yay!!!!:banana: Oh good for you!!!

Thanks! I am so excited!! :woohoo:

That is a great tool! Looking at it, I have a question about MVMCP. Does the first party typically start via the date in the calendar or the day as positioned in the week and/or month. Over the last couple of years, the party starts date wise November 8th (figure that gives them time to set up after Halloween, etc). Last year, that was a Tuesday. This year a Thursday.

Last Year, parties were Tuesday the 8th, Wednesday the 9th, and Friday the 11th. If by date, I figure it will be Thursday the 8th, Friday the 9th, and Sunday the 11th, yes? If by day, then I am royally confused, LOL

Me too! That's why I wish Disney would just release the Nov hours/schedule already! I know it should be released in May, but patience has never been a virtue of mine. :rolleyes1

... We were sooooo exhausted at the end of it all. Completely happy and contented. But EXHAUSTED. We'll probably do it again this year!

Content, happy & exhausted is a wonderful feeling. Although, I'm going to do my best to avoid the exhausted part this year. ;)

Party of 7 including 3 grand kids at Fort Wilderness w/DDP.

Welcome! :cheer2:

Candle Light Processional in Epcot. I've heard it's wonderful, but haven't been.

Please count us in for arriving NOV 4th 2012 staying at AOA I have been looking for a November thread:cool1:..

Welcome! :cheer2: I hope y'all have a great trip. :goodvibes

I'd love to try AoA, too, but it won't be this trip. I already have my rooms booked at All Star Sports with a 35% off pin. The only way I'll change that is if free dining is offered since we really liked the QSDP the last time we were there.

My daughter & I are already planning lunch at Be Our Guest if it is open since it will be counter service by day. Our only table service meal will be at Rain Forest at AK since the kids love that place; plus, we eat there free with gift cards I've earned on MyPoints.

Hi everyone!! Thanks for the information. I'm really hoping I can work this into our schedule.

We did it by accident on our last trip. It was great! Very relaxed, not a lot of people. Stitch was pretending to sneeze & wipe his hands on people. I gave him a kleenex & a hand wipe :rotfl:

My guess is November 6 will be the first one. Totally unscientific, random guess :confused3 We've gone on a Thursday and a Tuesday, both during the first week or so of the party. The Thursday was a little more crowded, but not bad at all. Both times, DS was able to keep riding the Speedway round & round without getting off.

My guess is November 6 will be the first one. Totally unscientific, random guess :confused3 We've gone on a Thursday and a Tuesday, both during the first week or so of the party. The Thursday was a little more crowded, but not bad at all. Both times, DS was able to keep riding the Speedway round & round without getting off.

That is what I am hoping too on some level. If they start it on a Tuesday and then do Thursday, since we arrive Weds the 7th, that gives us time to rest that day, and do the party the next day. I mean if we do it on Friday, yeah it will be a little more crowded, but as much since it is still early November

Totally unscientific, random guess :confused3 We've gone on a Thursday and a Tuesday, both during the first week or so of the party. The Thursday was a little more crowded, but not bad at all. Both times, DS was able to keep riding the Speedway round & round without getting off.

Just FYI.... most rides have next to no wait on a party night. Even on a SOLD OUT party night. Most people are there for the party-specific things.

Good morning ya'll. :goodvibes

I hope the sun is shining on your side of the monitor. It isn't here.

LOTS of new faces today!!!!

Add me in for November 30th (I hope!) It will be a sister trip and we're already talking about it :goodvibes

Now as for when the deals come out, I always refer to this link which I think some of you might find useful:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codetrends

:welcome: I will add you to the list

Woohoo, just booked Art of Animation Resort for November!! :cool1: Also changed reservation to the second week in November since crowd levels look lower. So, we are now staying at Art of Animation November 9-20.

:welcome: I will add you to the list

Just booked our Mother/Daughter trip for November 2-7! I used my whopping 10% off PIN for the POP! We will keep our fingers crossed for a better discount for all. We also changed our dates a bit so we can hopefully attend MVMCP on the first night!

I also went ahead and booked one way of airfare on Southwest!! I really like that first morning non-stop flight.

Let the planning begin!!

:welcome: I will add you to the list!

Please add us! Nov 4th -11th, staying at the Art of Animation!:woohoo:

Of course :welcome:

Party of 7 including 3 grand kids at Fort Wilderness w/DDP.

:welcome:

:welcome: I will add you

We'll be there Dec 2012!:) Plus 2 grandkids:wizard:

:welcome:
Ok I have everyones names and dates, I will update the first page in a few:)

Question: If a discount is not offered on our arrival date, and we decide to arrive a day or two later, will I have to make a whole new reservation? I guess what I really want to know is will I lose any ADRs that I have for the whole trip? or for just the days I won't be there?

You can modify your existing reservation to change the length, no problem! Also, the ADR system is totally separate. Even if you cancelled your reservation entirely, your ADR's will still be intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter