• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2012 Code Watch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I've been keeping up with reading the thread, but just haven't had enough time to post or respond to anything.... hopefully, soon. I'm on my lunch break now so I'm going to try to be quick.

I'm so excited... Every year since we got married I have given DH a cookbook written by a local chef. DH's new favorite, who is from the same city as DH, is going to be at a local bookstore tonight. I already bought the books to give to DH, and DH knows about them, but I'm going to get the books signed so that will be surprise.

Looks like I might have some time Sunday to sit down and rest. I still haven't changed our reservations at Disney. Can't wait to see my ticker jump to the new date!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to say hi to all of my November friends! I'm working my butt off at the moment and getting adjusted to my two new jobs. Once things settle down, I hope to be around more. Happy Planning!

Hope all is well at your new job, and the old one. Can't wait to hear about it!

The high school that I went to boys were able to do both. My DH was able to do both until his Senior year and then he had to pick one or the other for football season. He was able to be in concert band his Senior year though. What do your kids play? My oldest plays trombone. The youngest is thinking about doing sax if he can't get into percussion for whatever reason. When I was in high school I played the flute, tenor sax, and was on the cymbal line in the percussion.

Thanks, and yes you are right she will be. She has taken herself off her oxygen b/c she says she's just tired and ready. Her hubby died a few years ago and had Alzheimer's, so the last ten or so years have been very hard on her. I just think it's making my grandmother lose her mind. Once my great aunt goes, she will be the last of her siblings alive.

Hello!! Wow, two jobs, that has to be hard. My sil did that for a little while and it was very tough on her. Especially on Friday/ Saturdays where she would go into work at one job at 8 AM, stay until 5 PM, drive to her other job, take an hour nap in her car, check into job number 2 at 7 PM, and then work until 5 or 6 AM.

My oldest plays trumpet. He still plays it, but it kinda makes me sad that I don't hear it as much as I used to when he was in high school. His first year in college he played in their jazz band, but that was it..... He was band captain his senior year. Younged DS (16) plays the alto sax, does tenor sax in the marching band and used to do it in jazz band, but decided not to do jazz anymore. DD plays the clarinet. We went to her very first concert on Tuesday. It was terrific! So proud of her and glad I was able to see one of my kids from the audience! I also played flute! And it marching band, I did flags and field dancing. :rotfl: My DH is a drummer. My boys both are also drummers and taught themselves to play guitar, too (and they're both very good!).

How is your great aunt doing? It must have been very hard for her with her DH having Alzheimer's. I think that has got to be about the worst. So sad. I hope your grandma is doing OK also.

Wow, that is SOME schedule your SIL used to have!

Ok I havent forgotten about you guys....just so much going on right now. Im sorry :( I need to load my pics and do a TR from my trip but no time :(

I can't WAIT to hear about your trip. You are KILLING me!

I will say this..... I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN GO DOWN TO DISNEY DURING POP WARNER WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh-oh......

Hi all! Please let me know if I already asked this question: I want to go next year in November, so which would be best: the week before Thanksgiving or the week after? We also want to be able to use the pool and have warm weather. TIA!

I think the week after Thanksgiving would be better, but probably not so for swimming.... Crowd-wise for sure.

Good morning ya'll. :goodvibes It seems like the closer we get to Christmas. The busier I get. I do hope everything is going well for all of you. :grouphug:

I need a few more days added in before Christmas!

Nope I have not had any time! I havent even unpacked! I should have taken another day off. I will try to get to it today. I should be able to.

The resort wasnt bad with Pop Warner kids, it was the parks! It was like 14 kids to one adult-maybe more adults but no one was telling them how to behave! I had a cheerleader hit me in the face doing some dance on the way to the bus...didnt even say sorry just said watch where you are going :headache: :snooty: really? OMG! I teach my kids manners!

I didn't encounter trouble with the PW crowd in the parks. It was only at the resort. Horrible behaviour from both the kids and the adults. Screaming and being loud waaaayy into the night (around midnight), slamming doors, running/stomping along corridor, etc. I called reception, but nothing was done. Sigh. I love WDW, but I would never want to stay at a resort with the PW crowds ever again.

I hope you were not too badly injured! Yeah, the adults with them were basically useless.

OMG! I can not STAND people with no manners or CLASS or respect for others. Sigh....what this world has come to.......:confused:

I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I've been keeping up with reading the thread, but just haven't had enough time to post or respond to anything.... hopefully, soon. I'm on my lunch break now so I'm going to try to be quick.

I'm so excited... Every year since we got married I have given DH a cookbook written by a local chef. DH's new favorite, who is from the same city as DH, is going to be at a local bookstore tonight. I already bought the books to give to DH, and DH knows about them, but I'm going to get the books signed so that will be surprise.

Looks like I might have some time Sunday to sit down and rest. I still haven't changed our reservations at Disney. Can't wait to see my ticker jump to the new date!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Oh, that's neat! Your DH will love that! Hope you can post again soon!

Good morning, good morning, good morning. :goodvibes

So.......anybody up to anything good? :rotfl:Can ya'll believe how fast Christmas is getting here? Do ya'll think the rest of the year is going to move this fast? I actually hope not. I hope you all have a good start to a wonderful day. :goodvibes

Count us in. Just booked today through DVC at our home resort, BLT. November 9-17th. Planning to hit last weekend of F&W and also MVMCP! yeah!

I will say this..... I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN GO DOWN TO DISNEY DURING POP WARNER WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We happened to be staying at POR one year during Pop Week and that was one of their overflows that year. it was terrible- we had to call security twice. But we didn't have any problems with them in the parks, in fact we rarely saw them in the parks. ON a more recent early December trip in 2009, we stayed at WL, so had no Pop run ins at the resort, but did see more in the parks. But again, very little and didn't affect us much. I guess we lucked out. I will definitely NEVER stay in a Pop assigned resort or overflow ever again. hopefully now that we are DVC, we won't have to. :thumbsup2 I did notice some really bad chaperone behavior at the pool. Let's say the chaperones probably needed chaperoning themselves. :lmao:

So this is our first November trip. We've done early December many times, October this year, May, August, June, March and more. But never November. How are the crowds in mid NOvember (we are doing 9-17th). We know it will be final weekend of F&W, which we plan to hit in the morning/lunch on that Friday/Sunday to avoid the crowds best we can, but realize it can be crowded. I know the Festival of the Masters is also that weekend at DTD, so we will avoid that on the weekend too. Anything else going on to be aware of or affecting crowds? We usually manage okay with doing RD, FP and just planning.

Just booked POR for 11/3 through 11/10 and can't wait :) We haven't been to WDW since 2007. Our son will be almost 9 when we go and is very excited. We've requested Alligator Bayou since the rustic decor appeals to me (DH and DS could care less where we stay, but I love to PLAN PLAN PLAN every detail).

I'm hoping for FD but our TA says it probably won't happen - I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway!

Lisa

Hi everyone :)

You know, I've been thinking... Our original plan was to stay at the AoA in one of their Standard Rooms. But, as we all know, that section will not be ready in Nov 2012. The sections housing the Family Suites will all be ready, but not the Little Mermaid section. :confused: So we're currently booked at one of the AS resorts. What are the odds of Disney opening the Standard Rooms before or right around Thanksgiving 2012? It would certainly make fiscal sense since they will be able to house more guests during the LONG weekend. And being able to accommodate more means more $$ for them. And they can prepare themselves for the Christmas rush during the Thanksgiving period. Sort of like a test-run or soft opening. What do you guys think??

You know, I've been thinking... Our original plan was to stay at the AoA in one of their Standard Rooms. But, as we all know, that section will not be ready in Nov 2012. The sections housing the Family Suites will all be ready, but not the Little Mermaid section. :confused: So we're currently booked at one of the AS resorts. What are the odds of Disney opening the Standard Rooms before or right around Thanksgiving 2012? It would certainly make fiscal sense since they will be able to house more guests during the LONG weekend. And being able to accommodate more means more $$ for them. And they can prepare themselves for the Christmas rush during the Thanksgiving period. Sort of like a test-run or soft opening. What do you guys think??

Keep your fingers crossed and keep checking. You just never know. :goodvibes

Soooo, a few days ago DH asked me if I ever considered a Disney cruise:eek: and I responded with "I can't swim" he said "doesn't matter, he knows how to swim and it wouldn't matter if he fell overboard, because he wouldn't survive. Maybe you should look into a land/sea cruise" :banana::worship:
I'll be the first to admit that I am afraid of going a cruise----Thank You, Titanic movie!:lmao:
I figured I would call the cruiseline and research prices and such and see what I found out. Well, it would cost about the same as a WDW vaca!
Price is 2847.00 for two adults and one child.
This would include: Two nights at French quarter
two day parkhoppers (which we would most likely cancel
the hoppers)
followed by the 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and
Castaway Cay (Disney's Island)
All meals onboard included and they have ALOT to do on board! Now, this doesn't include getting there...we would either drive or take the auto train again and if we did the train again then that would add another 1200.00 on:scared1:
So that is what I found out and now I just wait for him to say those magical words .....BOOK IT!

HOLY COW!
I cant believe this thread was started way back in May!!!! Well I am hopping on this train.
We are planning on somewhere around Nov.5/6/7 to Nov.14/15 POR.
Now this is a special trip for many reasons: My wife and I were married at Disney World 11-10-10 so it will be an anniversary trip for us. My sister just beat the pants of cancer so this will be a I Kicked Cancer's Butt trip for her as well as my wifes Aunt just kicked cancers butt as well!! Everyone else is going for the fun of it lol. All in all it will be 8-9 adults and 4 children. Cant wait for some Disney discount love for everybody and I cannot wait to visit my fav. Disney employee Lee the bartender at the Muddy River Pool Bar POR. LOL YAY!!!

This morning my DH asked for me to show him the numbers! Woo-Hoo!

We stay in 2 rooms at the Pop. I'm hoping for FD sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We've always gone with extended family. This trip I believe it will just be the 5 of us. We're thinking about keeping it a secret and surprising the kids (13, 10, 8).

I'm so excited:yay:

~Teri in VA

Good morning ya'll. :goodvibes

I know everyone is really busy. I hope you are all getting everything done that is on your to do list. I look forward to excited trip chatter in the near future. I have missed you all. :grouphug:
I am hoping to finish all shopping.....gift, stockings and grocery shopping ( for the next 10 days or so. Still working on menus. :eek:) I want it all done by Friday. I need next week to just be about relaxing and enjoying friends and family. :santa: I hope you all have a great day. :goodvibes

We're thinking about keeping it a secret and surprising the kids (13, 10, 8).

Good luck keeping the secret! I know I wouldn't be able ;)

I am hoping to finish all shopping.....gift, stockings and grocery shopping ( for the next 10 days or so. Still working on menus. :eek:) I want it all done by Friday. I need next week to just be about relaxing and enjoying friends and family. :santa: I hope you all have a great day. :goodvibes

Those are some major goals! I am done with work on Friday until January :banana: The beginning of next week is my time to wrap it all up (literally & figuratively!) I am almost done with the shopping. I've done a ton online this year :surfweb: It is a little like Christmas for me when the packages are waiting at the door at the end of the day :santa:

Have a great day!

Sounds about right, they usually finish construction work early with all the sun...... It really depends on the weather and you also have to remember that is hurricane season but I will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

-M

Good morning, good morning, good morning. :goodvibes

So.......anybody up to anything good? :rotfl:Can ya'll believe how fast Christmas is getting here? Do ya'll think the rest of the year is going to move this fast? I actually hope not. I hope you all have a good start to a wonderful day. :goodvibes

I hope the next years moves fairly quickly, in anticipation of our trip, but, at the same time, I'm already thinking "one year from now, our trip will be OVER". UGH, I hate thinking like that!:sad2:

Count us in. Just booked today through DVC at our home resort, BLT. November 9-17th. Planning to hit last weekend of F&W and also MVMCP! yeah!

Welcome! Oh, I'm jealous because your DVC members! In my DREAMS!

Just booked POR for 11/3 through 11/10 and can't wait :) We haven't been to WDW since 2007. Our son will be almost 9 when we go and is very excited. We've requested Alligator Bayou since the rustic decor appeals to me (DH and DS could care less where we stay, but I love to PLAN PLAN PLAN every detail).

I'm hoping for FD but our TA says it probably won't happen - I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway!

Lisa

Welcome! We love POR and AB!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! You're hoping for AoA like I'm hoping for Be Our Guest to be open. Hopefully, both our wishes will come true!:hug:

Soooo, a few days ago DH asked me if I ever considered a Disney cruise:eek: and I responded with "I can't swim" he said "doesn't matter, he knows how to swim and it wouldn't matter if he fell overboard, because he wouldn't survive. Maybe you should look into a land/sea cruise"
I'll be the first to admit that I am afraid of going a cruise----Thank You, Titanic movie!
I figured I would call the cruiseline and research prices and such and see what I found out. Well, it would cost about the same as a WDW vaca!
Price is 2847.00 for two adults and one child.
This would include: Two nights at French quarter
two day parkhoppers (which we would most likely cancel
the hoppers)
followed by the 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and
Castaway Cay (Disney's Island)
All meals onboard included and they have ALOT to do on board! Now, this doesn't include getting there...we would either drive or take the auto train again and if we did the train again then that would add another 1200.00 on:scared1:
So that is what I found out and now I just wait for him to say those magical words .....BOOK IT!

Sounds great! BOOK IT!!! I often think I'd love to go on a Disney cruise, but then I come back to thinking that I'd just rather spend that time at WDW......

HOLY COW!
I cant believe this thread was started way back in May!!!! Well I am hopping on this train.
We are planning on somewhere around Nov.5/6/7 to Nov.14/15 POR.
Now this is a special trip for many reasons: My wife and I were married at Disney World 11-10-10 so it will be an anniversary trip for us. My sister just beat the pants of cancer so this will be a I Kicked Cancer's Butt trip for her as well as my wifes Aunt just kicked cancers butt as well!! Everyone else is going for the fun of it lol. All in all it will be 8-9 adults and 4 children. Cant wait for some Disney discount love for everybody and I cannot wait to visit my fav. Disney employee Lee the bartender at the Muddy River Pool Bar POR. LOL YAY!!!

Welcome aboard! What a very special trip you have planned. That's fantastic!

This morning my DH asked for me to show him the numbers! Woo-Hoo!

We stay in 2 rooms at the Pop. I'm hoping for FD sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We've always gone with extended family. This trip I believe it will just be the 5 of us. We're thinking about keeping it a secret and surprising the kids (13, 10, 8).

I'm so excited:yay:

~Teri in VA

Welcome! Yay, I'm excited for you! We've always gone just the 5 of us. I love being in my favorite place in the world with my 4 favorite people in the world. I could NOT keep it a secret, but what a wonderful surprise that would be!

I know everyone is really busy. I hope you are all getting everything done that is on your to do list. I look forward to excited trip chatter in the near future. I have missed you all. :grouphug:

Wow! You are ambitious.:worship: Relaxing would be great, but I sense total chaos and craziness going on here!

Good luck keeping the secret! I know I wouldn't be able ;)

Those are some major goals! I am done with work on Friday until January :banana: The beginning of next week is my time to wrap it all up (literally & figuratively!) I am almost done with the shopping. I've done a ton online this year :surfweb: It is a little like Christmas for me when the packages are waiting at the door at the end of the day :santa:

Have a great day!

Enjoy your time off. I've done more online shopping this year than ever, and I love the packages coming, too. Unfortunately, though, I've been disappointed by a couple WRONG things arriving, including today.....:mad:

Sounds about right, they usually finish construction work early with all the sun...... It really depends on the weather and you also have to remember that is hurricane season but I will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

-M

Oh, yuck. I forgot about hurricane season. That's the only negative about FL for me.....

-----------------------------

DH wants to switch to the Contemporary! While I AM thinking he's lost his mind, I'm also really excited! I also was really excited for the refurbed rooms at POR, though...... We're all thrilled at the idea of staying at a Monorail resort, though......

Good morning!

I am starting the planning of a trip for Nov 3 - 11. So looking forward to it. It will be my 14 yo daughter and I, with *maybe* a surprise visit from my sister thrown in.

Would love to be added to the role call at the front of this thread, and I will keep checking in for discounts/promos etc.

Happy planning and happy holidays everyone!

Good morning!

I am starting the planning of a trip for Nov 3 - 11. So looking forward to it. It will be my 14 yo daughter and I, with *maybe* a surprise visit from my sister thrown in.

Would love to be added to the role call at the front of this thread, and I will keep checking in for discounts/promos etc.

Happy planning and happy holidays everyone!

Welcome! I'd love to be there during that time as my birthday is on the 4th! Do you know where you'll be staying?:)

Hi there!

We love going in early November - the weather is usually perfect for us.

We will be staying at Pop - it is my daughters favorite resort, and I have to say that I really like it too.

Happy belated (or early!) birthday! I will try to remember to send you birthday wishes closer to the date. :)

LA

Good morning y'all! Miss me? We have been so busy lately I haven't had time to check in. I get a daily email of any posts on this thread so I have been keeping up y'all.

I took the morning off so I could go to DS's Christmas party at preschool. After that I only have to work this afternoon and Monday, then I'm off until the Wednesday after Christmas!! I think I'm as excited as the kids! I can't wait to spend more time with them. We have all kinds of fun activities planned for each day.

On a Disney related note, I still haven't changed our Disney reservations from the week after Thanksgiving to the week before. That's on my list for next week too.

I hope everyone has a fantastical weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter