November 2012 Car Rental Deals

I just checked right now again out of curiousity...I got it for $270 on August 8th...

can you believe alamo is NOW ( August 10th )
could it be supply and demand or just plain highway robbery?

$630

------------------------------------------
Standard SUV

5-Door/Automatic/Air
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee
or similar

Edit Car Selection

Pickup:
Orlando Intl Arpt (MCOT71)
1 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard
Orlando , FL 32827-4399
US
Saturday, November --, 2012
12:00 PM

Dropoff:
1 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard
Orlando , FL 32827-4399
US
Saturday, December --, 2012

Edit Trip Information
Estimated Total = $630.82 USD

enterprise

still has the $270 rate for SUV Standard - Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo or Similar (date: late nov - early dec)

Wow, thanks for the tips on Dollar. I just booked a full-size from Nov 11-17 for $75.85. I didn't put in any other codes, but clicked on the city specials. :cool1:

Anyone know if Dollar is in the airport? Our flight gets in late and I'd prefer to just grab our car and go, and not worry about a shuttle.

NM... I see Advantage is still cheaper! (I'm at $96.30 total including taxes and fees)

Thanks everyone. When we booked about 2 months ago we got a rate of $311 for two weeks with a full size car. As of last week they came in at just under $600!!!! It's amazing how much the prices have changed!

Anyone know if Dollar is in the airport? Our flight gets in late and I'd prefer to just grab our car and go, and not worry about a shuttle.

NM... I see Advantage is still cheaper! (I'm at $96.30 total including taxes and fees)

yes, all MAJOR car rentals are right at the airport
The rental car companies are located in Terminal A and Terminal B on the Ground Transportation Level (Level 1).

I just checked right now again out of curiousity...I got it for $270 on August 8th...

can you believe alamo is NOW ( August 10th )
could it be supply and demand or just plain highway robbery?

$630

------------------------------------------
Standard SUV

5-Door/Automatic/Air
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee
or similar

Edit Car Selection

Pickup:
1 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard
Orlando , FL 32827-4399
US
Saturday, November --, 2012

Dropoff:
1 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard
Orlando , FL 32827-4399
US
Saturday, December --, 2012

Edit Trip Information
Estimated Total = $630.82 USD

A few days ago I checked National - 9 day minivan rental $1160! Who do they think is going to pay that?!??! :rotfl2:

Dollar so far has the best prices. I got a mini van at MCO for a week $179.10, $243.00 with taxes. Alamo was $307.00 with taxes for a SUV, and I have to rent off airport and pick up at the Dolphin to get that price. I'm a loyal Alamo renter but if their prices don't come down I'm going with Dollar. I do get free additional drivers with Alamo. Dollar is $10.00 a day. Not to happy with that but I can deal with it.

I also jumped on the Advantage car rental band wagon. Got a mid size from 11/27 - 12/7 for $188.88. However.....after doing a seach, not a lot of happy customers. may need to rethink.
Anyone use them before and have any tales (good or bad) to tell. Most on line state that the price you think you are getting isn't what you get at the counter.

A little nervous about this.......
Karen

Reviews are hard. IMHO, I usually review when things went wrong. I want to draw attention to things so that other people avoid them, plan for them, etc. So I'm hoping that they were people who just happened to arrive on an off-day with a new employee, without prior rental experience, expecting first-class service? After reading some recent reviews on yelp, I definitely got a little concerned. I'm gonna stay with them for now, since it's almost $80 cheaper for me.

That said, if my Alamo rate lowers, see ya Dollar!! ;)

Karen, we used Advantage last fall & March 2012. No problems at all with booking online, printing my ressie, MCO counter person, price (but I always have my ressie print for proof, just in case) car, or giving it back to them! Note that they are not open 24 hours & our return flight left early. Luckily they opened just at the time we needed.

Only problem we had was finding the Advantage lot access the first time we returned it! We went around twice, & asked several people along the way. At the end, we still passed it, got in Hertz (owns Advantage & they are side by side). They actually had to walk in front of our car & lead us to the correct entrance! Either we are very stupid or the entrance was poorly marked!

We had them booked for this fall until I found a better deal on Dollar & Thrifty. But we check all the websites several times a day - so who knows which we will end up using! But definitely we don't have a problem with Advantage.

Good Luck & have fun!

Dollar so far has the best prices. I got a mini van at MCO for a week $179.10, $243.00 with taxes. Alamo was $307.00 with taxes for a SUV, and I have to rent off airport and pick up at the Dolphin to get that price. I'm a loyal Alamo renter but if their prices don't come down I'm going with Dollar. I do get free additional drivers with Alamo. Dollar is $10.00 a day. Not to happy with that but I can deal with it.

May I ask which code you used for Dollar? I gave up the minivan to instead book an SUV as it was cheaper ($388 for 2 weeks I think was my total if I remember correctly). If the minivan can get close to that at some point, upgrading back to it would be nice!

shillee said:
May I ask which code you used for Dollar? I gave up the minivan to instead book an SUV as it was cheaper ($388 for 2 weeks I think was my total if I remember correctly). If the minivan can get close to that at some point, upgrading back to it would be nice!

I also booked a minivan with Dollar. Mine is for 9 days @ $312 including all taxes/fees. I got a better price NOT using a code.

I also booked a minivan with Dollar. Mine is for 9 days @ $312 including all taxes/fees. I got a better price NOT using a code.

jealous! just booked a minivan with dollar yesterday for 10 days and it's $572. Sure glad I grabbed it when i did..today i checked back and it's asking $1,143 :scared1:. That is just insanity. What's up with how the prices fluctuate? Is there any rhyme or reason? I dont get how i can put in the same info everyday and get such drastically different prices

Cant wait for Disney said:
jealous! just booked a minivan with dollar yesterday for 10 days and it's $572. Sure glad I grabbed it when i did..today i checked back and it's asking $1,143 :scared1:. That is just insanity. What's up with how the prices fluctuate? Is there any rhyme or reason? I dont get how i can put in the same info everyday and get such drastically different prices

I am also using autoslash. That has brought my rate down by $115 since I started!

I'm looking for a one week rental 11/23-11/30 and Dollar has me at $235 total, is that average, seems a little high compared to the rates some of you are getting. That was the city special. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter