• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2011 Check In

I did a little re-trip preparation also...new shoes...thank you crocs! finally some stylish shoes...no more feeling like I'm wearing "mouse shoes".
mickeyrun.gif

Which style did you get? I am still taking my old fashioned bulky ones but I do know they have made major improvements with new styles. Hmmm.... :scratchin I suppose I could pop over and take a look...... Anyway, even my old ugly ones help my tired old tootsies make it through the park and I am very grateful for that. ::yes::

WOW! I like them! Last I knew the latest were the Mary Janes and flip flops. Looks like I am way behind on the latest Crocs improvements. They have really come a long way! Looks like the new ones should be quite comfy too. I like some of their other styles but since I already ordered myself a new pair of Skechers I suppose I should be a good girl and not invest in ANOTHER pair of shoes. Maybe next year....

Wow its coming up so fast! I am getting so excited! It just seems like yesterday that this trip was 6 months away and now its just 3 and a half weeks to go! Lots of firsts for us:
First time in the states for the kids and I
First time at Disney for all 5 of us
First long haul flights for the kids (13 hours!)
First limo ride for all of us

This holiday hasn't happened yet but it already means so much to us, looking forward to this has got us through a very tough year of three major earthquakes and over 8000 aftershocks, damaged homes, 7 weeks of no school, weeks of no sewage systems (don't ask!!), a next door neighbour killed in the quakes and my parents house destroyed, 900 buildings in our CBD destroyed, we must be the only decent sized city in the world with no CBD as its still closed and under guard (7 months now). Phew! We are safe and well and we got through it with resiliance and strength and good people around us and having Disney to look forward to and plan for really helped! Thanks Disney! We have so much to be thankful for and we are ready to celebrate! Yay!! Thankfully two of our children have coped really well but one of our daughters has developed an anxiety disorder from the quakes and clings to my arm when we are out, she knows it will be crowded in DL so I hope its not scary for her!

Edited to change my accommodation - moving from the Carousel Inn to the Grand and Disney Hotel. :banana::banana::banana:

Jordanbrown83 -Oct. 28 - Nov. 6 You will never be lonely at Disney.

Twopeasonepod - Oct. 30 - Nov. 8 @ GCH

The Orchid - Oct. 30 - Nov. 11 @ Desert Inn & Suites

Quacktatty - Oct. 31 - Nov. 5 @ Hojo`s

StyledSugar - Oct. 31 - Nov. 6 @ Desert Inn & Suites

Mariezp - Nov. 1 - 11 @ Anaheim Desert Inn and Dolphin Cove!

Katiepotatie - Nov. 2 - 12 @ Hojo's. First time to Disneyland, and first time to the USA!! (you'll be back....lol...)

Starshine514 - Nov. 3 - 6 Dear daughters 7th birthday!

Grumpy's fan - Nov. 3 - 7 Weekend getaway!

MrsJackSparrowforLife - Nov. 3 - 8 @ the Anaheim Desert Inn
It will be myself, my mother, my daughter and my two nieces. My two nieces have never been and have been begging me to take them for years. I finally got permission from their dad so they are very excited! Also adult niece and her 2 year old daughter who will be meeting Mickey for the first time!!

LizzyS - Nov. 5 First Time Visit!

Kimawilson - Nov. 5 - 10 @ Fairfield Inn

MrsLamb - Nov. 5 - 10 Dear daughters first trip!! and older daughters birthday!!

Alicia1506 - Nov. 6 - 9 @ DI&S Packed and ready to go!

Colin25 - Nov. 6 - 16 @ Super 8 Sisters first time to see Disneyland @ Christmas!

ChefChristopher - Nov. 7 - 9 @Anabella Over the top excited for Disney!

Vala - Nov. 7 - 22 @ Desert Inn and Suites!

LV Disney Fan(atic) Nov. 9 - 13 @Candy Cane Inn Soaking up the atmosphere…very content.

Kelmac 284 - Nov. 10 - 14 @ Fairfield Inn

Duckwife - Nov. 10 - 15 @ Carousel Inn & Suites

Teddygurl28 - Nov. 11 - 13 flying solo

wvnative - Nov. 11 - 14 @ Hojo's!

Nicolispicoli - Nov. 11 - 15 @ Disneyland Hotel - Just plain Happy

GraceMonica - Nov. 11 - 16 @ Staybridge Suites - First Trip! So Excited!

Jernysgirl - Nov. 11 - 17 @ Hojo's

Davids-Coco - Nov. 11 - 18 @ Grand California Villas
little ones (and friends) first trip!

Hawleys - Nov. 12 - 13 @ Grand California

The little Marla - Nov. 12 - 18 Honeymoon!!

iridemyownmc - Nov. 13 - 16 @ Hojo's. First single family trip without extended family!!

Kris10420 - Nov. 15 - 19 @ park Vue Inn
Solo trip! - Possibly cancelled won't delete you yet!

Cooljoe - Nov. 16 - 20 The kids and daddy trip, what fun!

Canaduh - Nov. 16 - 23 - 4 rooms @ HoJo's

Scribble Kitty - Nov. 17 - 19 (me & mom trip)

Stitch1010 - Nov. 17 - 19 @ HoJo's Marriage-Honeymoon-Birthday and first trip to DL

Arizona Rita - Nov. 17 - 20 @ Grand Californian. Lucky you!

Me!Thatswho - Nov. 17 - 23 @ GCH, Looking for Christmas Magic

MickeyLiz - Nov. 17 - 25 2 nights @ Disneyland Hotel, then the rest at Grand California Villa`s -Lucky you!

mvf-mllc - Nov. 18 - 20 @ Best Western Anaheim Inn

Lwanthony - Nov. 19 - 24 @ GCH Surprising the wife, her first time at GCH!

mtretired - Nov. 19 - 26 Whole family trip!!

WendyWhy - Nov. 20 - 23 @ GCH, Meeting up with friends, and the kiddos first trip.

Princessaw - Nov. 20 - 25 @ Paradise Pier Hotel

lordog - Nov. 20 - 25 @ PPH with her daring daughter (look up)

hjgaus - Nov. 21 - 23 @ Grand California Villas

Disneyanajc - Nov. 21 - 25 @ The Disneyland Hotel!! family of 6 in the suite!

Cagirl767 - Nov. 21 - 25 @ Homewood Suites

IandGsmom - Nov. 23 - 27 @ Grand California Villas

Kylie71 - Nov. 23 - 27 @ Fairfield Inn

MinnieMama09 - Nov. 23 - 27 @DLH Thanksgiving with Goofy!

ChEars - Thanksgiving Day!!

kj4ever18 - Nov. 24 - 25 @ Fairfield Inn

DisneyMomma81 - Nov. 24 - 26 @ Stovall's DH first trip to the mouse! Pirate and Princess and mom's…Oh my!

FlameGirl - Nov.24 - Dec. 4 @BWPPI

Jacs1234 - Nov. 25 - Dec. 7 @ First 6 nights at the Grand and the second 6 nights at the Disneyland hotel. (Thank you mum for being a senior...woohoo senior discount) :)

Letitsnow - Nov. 26 - Dec. 1 @ VGC Favorite time of the year!

Jenasweetemotion - Nov. 26 - Dec. 3 probably Paradise Pier Hotel. Their 10th anniversary, mom`s 50th birthday, and bro`s birthday too!

Heymy - Nov. 27 - Dec. 1 - PPH - Daughter's first Holiday Visit

Kailuagirl - Nov. 27 - Dec. 2 @ GCH It's official…Wahoo!

Mystic path - Nov. 27 - Dec. 6 @ Tropicana
4 adult females only! first time for the Holiday Season!

JadeDarkstar - Nov. 27 - 30 @ Desert Inn, in a spa room! Birthday trip!

rentayenta - Nov. 27 - 30 @ Grand California Villas

Grumpy Grandma - Nov. 27 - 30 @ Anaheim Hilton

Disneydreamer74 - Nov. 27 - 30 @ The Disneyland Hotel!! (I'm jealous!)

Pinktink83 - Nov. 28 - 30 First time at Christmas!! (bet it won't be the last!!

Martinp13 - Nov. 28 - Dec. 1 @ Fairfield - Welcome Home, 10 years is a long time.

Briggscreek - Nov. 28 - Dec. 2 @ Hojo's

ddwlms - Nov. 28 - Dec. 3 @ Grand California Hotel

Pattyduke34 - Nov. 28 - Dec. 4 @ Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. Whole family trip!

Liat - Nov. 28 - Dec. 4 onsite for mom's and daughters birthdays!

Sherry-E - Nov. 28 - Dec. 5 @ Paradise Pier Hotel. The deal of a lifetime! (lucky you!)

Smiley_face2 - Nov. 28 - Dec. 7 - 4 rooms booked at Hojo's!
Celebration of life, kicking cancers butt, remembering our son trip, with whole family, including all 5 grandkids!

Jemilah - Nov. 29 - Dec. 1 @ Hojo's for 40th birthday!

Wow its coming up so fast! I am getting so excited! It just seems like yesterday that this trip was 6 months away and now its just 3 and a half weeks to go!

I know how you feel. I started planning my trip 5 months ago, and now I've only got 4 weeks left. :cool1:

Will be at Paradise Pier from Saturday November 5 thru Monday November 7. It will be me and three of my cousins!

Wow its coming up so fast! I am getting so excited! It just seems like yesterday that this trip was 6 months away and now its just 3 and a half weeks to go! Lots of firsts for us:
First time in the states for the kids and I
First time at Disney for all 5 of us
First long haul flights for the kids (13 hours!)
First limo ride for all of us

This holiday hasn't happened yet but it already means so much to us, looking forward to this has got us through a very tough year of three major earthquakes and over 8000 aftershocks, damaged homes, 7 weeks of no school, weeks of no sewage systems (don't ask!!), a next door neighbour killed in the quakes and my parents house destroyed, 900 buildings in our CBD destroyed, we must be the only decent sized city in the world with no CBD as its still closed and under guard (7 months now). Phew! We are safe and well and we got through it with resiliance and strength and good people around us and having Disney to look forward to and plan for really helped! Thanks Disney! We have so much to be thankful for and we are ready to celebrate! Yay!! Thankfully two of our children have coped really well but one of our daughters has developed an anxiety disorder from the quakes and clings to my arm when we are out, she knows it will be crowded in DL so I hope its not scary for her!
That's a lot of firsts! Can't think of a better place than Disneyland to cover them all. Sounds like you and your family have had a very rough year indeed. I am so glad things are starting to look up and that you have your trip coming up to give you some happy thoughts for awhile. Looking forward to a Disneyland trip is always therapeutic for me as well. And, when you do finally get there it is such a magical escape from some of the worries of everyday.

How old is your daughter? My daughter is 11. She has not gone through anything nearly as traumatic as all of that but last year she did end up having some anxiety issues as well. We did end up having a couple minor episodes but we managed to talk her through it and, of course, ended up having a wonderful time. I hope your DD is able to relax and enjoy herself without any problem. Will send some prayers your way. :hug:

Edited to change my accommodation - moving from the Carousel Inn to the Grand and Disney Hotel. :banana::banana::banana:
Congrats on the move! :thumbsup2 One of these days I would like to stay at the GCH myself.

Hi all! I have been updating the list on the main page again, will probaly be able to keep up with it on a regular basis now every few days :surfweb: I also added the link to the Disneyblog site regarding making reservations for Thanksgiving dinner. Hope everyone is getting excited as November is coming sooooo fast!! Cheers all!!

Hi smiley_face2 so glad to see you :flower3: We are waiting (not-so)patiently for the Entertainment and Hours to be updated over on the Disney site...Tomorrow we should start seeing Thanksgiving Week :cool1: One of our "must do" is Fantasmic and I'm wanting to see what days it will be showing...:3dglasses...please let is show all week :yay:

I can't believe November is next month, wow!! That was so fast!!

We are so looking forward to our trip, DD4 still doesn't know we are going, so I can't wait to surprise her!!

There is so much I want to see and do and experience, that I don't know where to start, can't wait!!! But I first need to go find a jacket, don't need one here in Hawaii so I don't own one, and last year when we went I froze my bootie off, so not again, I am buying something, haha! And we need a new camcorder pronto too, so lost on that part too.

Good to see you around the thread smiley_face2! Hope you are saving up some energy for your trip. November is right around the corner! Just realized we are down to 3 weeks! No wonder I am getting a strong urge to pack! :lmao:

Disneyanajc, won't be long and the ENTIRE month of November's calendar will be up! I hope they get the update out for you and that Fantsamic is showing on the days you are hoping for.

kailuagirl, it sounds like you better get some shopping done and FAST! You must be much better than I am at keeping a secret! My kiddos always know what's coming. I bet pulling off a surprise trip can be great fun. How long are you going to hold out? Mary Jo posted the cutest video today on Facebook of a little girl being told about their surprise Disneyland trip. Check it out! Get a tissue ready. She gets a bit carried away! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOpOhlGiRTM&feature=share

We'll make our first Disneyland visit November 3-6 (just a quick weekend trip) and we're very excited! We're staying at the Carousel Inn & Suites this trip. I've just about got our shirts nailed down and now just need to finalize dining arrangements. :)

My family of 5 will be at Ramada Maingate from 11/2 - 11/8. I visited Disneyland in 1975 and all of us visited WDW in 2009 and 2010. We have our first Disney Cruise planned for April 2012. The DLR trip is a surprise for the 3 kids. We haven't decided when to tell them.

Mike

:banana:

Not sure if anyone has ran across this info that came to me from the Mouseplanet Monday morning update. They have posted more detailed info for Thanksgiving dining options. Hope this helps somebody out!

Time to make your Thanksgiving dining reservations

Pam Brandon posted an overview of the Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving buffet on the Disney Parks Blog last week, but there are lots of other dining options for those planning to spend the holiday at the Disneyland Resort.

The Grand Ballroom of the Disneyland Hotel is site to the Disney Family Thanksgiving Feast from Noon to 6:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving day. Disney pulls out all of the stops for this meal, and serves up a price tag to match—$71.99 plus tax and tip for ages 10 and up ($20.99 ages 3 to 9; children under 3 are free). Your meal includes four hours of free parking at the Disneyland Hotel. Discounts for annual passholders (10-15%, depending on pass type) and cast members apply.

If you're looking for a more casual or less-expensive meal, there are a dozen more choices for you among the Disney-owned restaurants. To make reservations for any of the table-service locations, call (714) 781-3463. We'll post the menus from the Downtown Disney restaurants in a future park update.

Disneyland – these locations offer their own take on a traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner, each with a unique side dish and dessert. Prices shown are for the special holiday meal; full menu also available.

Blue Bayou – $34 for adults, $12 for children. Holiday dessert, $6.
Café Orleans – skipping the turkey dinner in favor of a turkey crepe. $17.49 for adults, $8 for children. For dessert, try the gingerbread beignettes.
Carnation Café – $16 for adults, $6 for children. Holiday dessert, $6.
French Market – $15 for adults, $7 for children. Holiday dessert, $5.
Plaza Inn – serving dinner from noon to 11:00 p.m., a rare late-night meal option. $14.49 for adults, $7 for children. Holiday dessert, $5.

Disney California Adventure – these locations offer their own take on a traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner, each with a unique side dish and dessert. Prices shown are for the special holiday meal; full menu also available.

Ariel’s Grotto – $40 for adults, $23 for children. Holiday dessert, $6.
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill – $14.49 for adults, $7 for children.
Wine Country Trattoria – $28 for adults, no child price available. Holiday dessert, $7.

Disneyland Hotel

Steakhouse 55 – The three-course meal includes roasted butternut squash soup with crème fraîche, carved turkey entree with traditional sides and pumpkin creme brule. $46 for adults. Child's dinner $12.99.
Goofy’s Kitchen – This buffet restaurant offers two seatings, brunch from 7:00 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. or dinner from 3:00 to 9:00 p.m. Both are $37 for adults, $17 for children.

Grand Californian Hotel

Napa Rose – is already fully booked, but is still accepting names for their wait list.
Storytellers Cafe – is offering both a plated turkey dinner ($23 for adults, $12 for children), or a holiday buffet ($30.99 for adults, $14 for children).

Paradise Pier Hotel

PCH Grill – Traditional Thanksgiving buffet is $32 for adults, $16 for children.

Myself and my 3 munchkins will be at the Disneyland Hotel from 23-25 November.. My hubby is not going to be able to make it due to work commitments (military) :sad1::sad1: We are super stoked about this trip!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Not sure if we will be doing the Thanksgiving day dinner though.. kinda pricey especially that one is 11!!! YIKES! :scared1::scared1: Is it time yet?!?

Boards have been CRAZY slow.... I will update the list as soon as things are a bit better!! :)

All updated again! :)

Only 15 more days for us! I couldn't take it any longer. I pulled out the luggage! :yay: DD decided that she wanted her own suitcase this year. She is so easy to pack for that hers is almost full, especially since she has practically a whole new wardrobe. Got a good start on DH and DS too. Guess who is always the hardest to pack for? Yep, that would be me! Still... I have started so maybe I won't end up waiting until the very last minute this year.

I got a little wishy-washy about our lodging plans. We are having to move in the middle of our trip since I couldn't book Dolphin's Cove for our whole stay. I ran across an ebay auction for them which was available for the rest of our stay. It was a bit more expensive than DI but I almost had myself convinced that it would be worth it to not have to pack up for the move BUT when I asked DD what she wanted to do she said she still wanted to stay at Desert Inn for part of the trip. So, since I also was a bit leery about something going wrong with the auction, I have decided that we will just keep plans the way they are. Gonna be a little more trouble to move but at least we will be staying somewhere we are already familiar with for part of the trip and still get the chance to try something new too. We are so used to staying right across the street so I know we are going to miss being able to just pop over to the park without a shuttle but this will give us a chance to see if it is a huge inconvenience. Plus, this way we can get in a trip to Denney's and Mimi's and quite a few trips to Coldstone's before we move farther down the road. :thumbsup2

Aside from that, as far as working on my plans, today I got the confirmation for our airport pickup, worked on tweaking our grocery order and have been scouting around for dining coupons. Think I will see about calling to double check that our reservations are all in order tomorrow. How's everyone else's trip planning coming along?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter