November 2011 car rentals

I just checked, and my rate is now $145 from $165 for 11/25-12/4. This time I booked a standard instead of full size since it was a little cheaper. Thanks for the tip!

Check your rates!

Alamo minivan rates are down today. Nov 8-18 Costco code and 40 off coupon, pickup at 4pm drop off at noon $289 out the door. That's for my sister in law. Mine pickup at 11 am drop off at 2 pm $348. Standard and full size remain the same.

Alamo minivan rates are down today. Nov 8-18 Costco code and 40 off coupon, pickup at 4pm drop off at noon $289 out the door. That's for my sister in law. Mine pickup at 11 am drop off at 2 pm $348. Standard and full size remain the same.

Where is the $40 off coupon from?

I'm using a $40 coupon from BJs.

$40 Off Any Car, SUV, Minivan 10 day minimum ID# 7014696
Coupon # AD8Z21SDB

Thanks, I'm only staying 9 days and I'm a Costco member. Guess I'll have to be happy w/ my $35 coupon.

I have definitely found that using a rate code (AA8X) is key.

Kris

That AA8X code is an American Airlines code and it does work!!!
I'm down another $10 my grand total - $69 for a standard !! :thumbsup2

Was just able to book through Alamo (standard which becomes fullsize at MCO I'm told since they don't have standard there) from 11/27 (12:30pm) to 12/4 (11:00am) for $102.71. I used Continental code 7014139 and Insider code AD2724FZA. My previous best was a premium car at National for $152. So, $50 more saved! :thumbsup2

I just checked, and my rate is now $145 from $165 for 11/25-12/4. This time I booked a standard instead of full size since it was a little cheaper. Thanks for the tip!

Check your rates!

Piglet33, you know you will still get the Full size because there isn't a Standard row at MCO. I'm assuming that you are picking the car up at MCO. lol

Thanks to M&M's for posting the coupon codes. I went to the website and became an Alamo insider (for free) and then tried the codes and got a rate of $114.74 for a full size from 11/17-11/24. I was originally booked with Budget for a small SUV for $213 - you helped save me $100! Thank you!!

And as a side note...mess with your pick up and drop off times. It seems that if you have a time on the top of the hour (instead something:30), you save $20+ dollars. Worth it to get back to the airport a 1/2 hour earlier than needed! :)

Okay...so I've totally confused myself, trying to book and then rebook for lower rates. Got a super rate (11/10-11/16/) full-size thru carentalsavers.com (I think) for $73.89 TOTAL. When I look at the confirmation tho, there's a $35 off code called American Airlines Valley offer. Do I have to be a AA member or something???
Please help!

Yesterday my minivan rate dropped from $451 to $406 yesterday and it's down to $339 today! I used Costco travel each time for a 10 day trip.

Okay...so I've totally confused myself, trying to book and then rebook for lower rates. Got a super rate (11/10-11/16/) full-size thru carentalsavers.com (I think) for $73.89 TOTAL. When I look at the confirmation tho, there's a $35 off code called American Airlines Valley offer. Do I have to be a AA member or something???
Please help!

It's a virtual coupon I just used the same one 2 weeks ago and no one asked me for anything!

Piglet33, you know you will still get the Full size because there isn't a Standard row at MCO. I'm assuming that you are picking the car up at MCO. lol

I didn't know this! I just re-booked and the Standard was cheaper than a compact (which we previously had booked). Added the insiders code and the $35 code and it's down to $99 with taxes! Awesome!

Please help!

This is the coupon code that is on the Alamo site. Mine says that too on the confirmation, but on the Alamo coupon I printed, it doesn't mention needing to be a member of AA.

Thanks to M&M's for posting the coupon codes. I went to the website and became an Alamo insider (for free) and then tried the codes and got a rate of $114.74 for a full size from 11/17-11/24. I was originally booked with Budget for a small SUV for $213 - you helped save me $100! Thank you!!
Awesome! That's the exact reason I posted my findings. In the hopes it would help a DIS'er. Now take that $100 and get something nice with it!

My Alamo reservation for 11/17-11/23 for full size dropped from $153 to $115 today...considering we started at $265 a couple of weeks ago, I am a very happy customer at the moment! Pretty soon they are going to be paying me to drive it off the lot :rotfl:

Saved another $30 today for 11/16-11/26 thru Alamo. Now down to $138 total for a standard. Used the insiders 20% florida rates and the $35 coupon.
:yay:

Thanks so much for the replies to my "panic"!! Sounds like I can still be stoked about my great rate!! Can't wait, we leave 2 weeks from today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter