November 2011 car rentals

When in early November? Are you renting from MCO or the CCC?

I just can't seem to find good rates!

TIA!

Mine is for Nov 4 - 12 (8 full days) with picking up and returning to MCO. I googled Costco travel, then selected car rental, put in my info and that is what it gave me back. I didn't put in any codes or coupons at all, it just gave me that rate. Got a Ford Escape or similar. My rate of $171.24 is with Alamo.

Hope this helps.

What company did you get that rate of $216 for the suv through southwest?

It was Alamo, I have since canceled because I got a better rate thru Costco. I went directly to the Southwest site and they had a section for car rental. I followed their links until I was able to put in my info.

Posting this on both the October and November rental watches. Trying to get a good price for end of October through beginning of November seems to be a challenge. For those of you in the same boat try using the code D454300 or D454301 at budget. It seems like right now one of the most reasonable for our time table. Good luck all.

I searched Costco Travel [is that what you are using?] for Mini van rates - Nov 10-22 and it was over $700. I thought if it came in at a good price, I would go ahead and join Costco. No great price for me showed up.:confused3

With Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity public code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 $30 off the total is $553.68 after $30 coupon is applied when return vehicle.

I'm helping two friends with rentals in October. I used BCDX474200 with Budget and got one a mini van for 236.00. This is a travelocity code and they are in Orlando now. They had no problem with this code and love the van. I'm working on another rental 10/29 - 11/5 and have had no luck. No matter codes I try rates are crazy high. I have no idea what is going on that week, but it's absurd.

I have no idea if the Budget code is still active, but it definitely helped them.

I just tried the Budget code BCD x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off and it works for those dates. Total for minivan is $272.84 after $30 coupon is applied when return vehicle.

I just tried the Budget code BCD x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off and it works for those dates. Total for minivan is $272.84 after $30 coupon is applied when return vehicle.

Thanks for the tip. I put in their info and I'm getting 359.27. I'll keep trying.

We're renting from 11/6-11/15. I started out not finding anything below $900 for a mini-van. When I found $711 on Costco.com, I reluctantly booked it (we were under $500 last year). I checked back last week and it dropped to $635. I just tried the Travelocity code from a pp for Budget and now have a rate of $472. I'm hoping to still get a cheaper rate before we leave, but I'm happy to be below $500 again! :)

my alamo rate came down again today!! our dates are nov 2-11 (9 days). premium is actually the cheapest car available and my rate dropped from $166 to $151! this is using the insiders code 7015135 and $35 coupon ad2359fdf.:cool1::yay::woohoo::banana:

Mine is for Nov 4 - 12 (8 full days) with picking up and returning to MCO. I googled Costco travel, then selected car rental, put in my info and that is what it gave me back. I didn't put in any codes or coupons at all, it just gave me that rate. Got a Ford Escape or similar. My rate of $171.24 is with Alamo.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I'm trying to rent from the CCC or the Dolphin b/c DH does not want to deal with the car rental at the airport. Didn't realize there was a downside of using ME (now he is addicted) lol :rolleyes:

Anyone having luck with decent rates at the CCC or Dolphin?

I looked early last week (or maybe the week before?), went back to book and the rates jumped over $100 for the week!:scared1:

my alamo rate came down again today!! our dates are nov 2-11 (9 days). premium is actually the cheapest car available and my rate dropped from $166 to $151! this is using the insiders code 7015135 and $35 coupon ad2359fdf.:cool1::yay::woohoo::banana:

Thanks so much for sharing!!! I had a minivan from 11/5-13 from budget for $360 reserved and thouught that was the best I was going to find. I tried your codes and got a minivan for $170 (including all taxes) :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I was wondering where your coupon came from though?? It comes up as an American Airlines Valley Offer. Is there some type of membership associated with this? I may search around for another coupon just incase.

Thanks again for the savings :love::love:

Thanks so much for sharing!!! I had a minivan from 11/5-13 from budget for $360 reserved and thouught that was the best I was going to find. I tried your codes and got a minivan for $170 (including all taxes) :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I was wondering where your coupon came from though?? It comes up as an American Airlines Valley Offer. Is there some type of membership associated with this? I may search around for another coupon just incase.

I was just about to thank her too!! My rate went down $150 for a PREMIUM car, so I am very happy! I usually check out at the Kiosk anyhow, so I don't think (hoping) that you don't need the coupon anyhow. I am traveling the exact same dates and got my car for $170!!

That's an incredible deal for a minivan!!! I'm still getting rates of over $500.

For the Alamo deal posted above -- where do you enter the 'insiders code'? Is it entered at the corporate ID location??? And where does the coupon/code come from? It says it may need to be presented at check in. I'm looking for a mini van from Nov 10-22 and still coming up over $700?

I did a google search on the coupon ID and the first thing that came up is this alamo page: https://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=Alamo_American2008specials-35-off. Looks to me like it's something anyone can use.

This morning I checked Alamo and got the same price I've had since it went down last Thurs. Just tried again and the prices have gone down about $40. So I have upgrade from a compact to a midsize. $86.74 total!!! 11/25 -12/1. Insider ID 7015135 and code AD2359FDF

THANKS for the Alamo info!

I used the Insiders code + coupon (my DH is an Insider member already) and our rate from 11/18-11/26 (one week + one day) is now $183.06 total for a full size! The best I had previously was a rate of $252.32 from Budget.

It certainly pays to spend time on the DISboards!

Yep...love this thread! I had already rebooked a couple of times, starting off at 300 and just saw the last few posts and rebooked again--now down to 160 for week 11/17/ to 11/24 for mid-size.

Thanks for posting! I'm down to $149 for a full size for a week around Thanksgiving!

I just checked again and my Alamo compact dropped again! :cool1: I'm down to $77.15 for 11/3-11/8. I went in through the Alamo Insider deals and clicked the Save $35 link. I had $81.53 and thought that was as low as it would go. Glad I checked again tonight. It was over $100 this morning. Now if I could only get some ADR Pixie dust I would be set!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter