November 2009 Code Watch

That's great!:cool1: Wish I had a PIN for Thanksgiving too. I hope they offer something to the general public.

Hi All,

I'm a newbie planning my family's first (hopefully not only) WDW trip, tentative for November 11-17. We live in CA, and I'm hoping to make the visit very special for daughter (10) and son (8). All the pin code talk has me jazzed...how do I make myself eligible for these great deals? (I've been registered on the main Disney site for a couple weeks now.) Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi all, I am currently booked for September free dining, but I got a pin today for Oct/Nov/Dec free dining. What are the crowds like in November? What's the best week to go?

My pin says value free dining. Does anyone know if this is the regular meal plan?

Thanks!

I am set for november as well on the 40% off hotel deal. Is the free dining open to anyone?

Not as of right now....so far just for certain people who have received PIN codes. It's anticipated that it will open up to Disney Visa cardholders and maybe to the public.

Not as of right now....so far just for certain people who have received PIN codes. It's anticipated that it will open up to Disney Visa cardholders and maybe to the public.

Is that something that someone heard?!?! Ohh I hope so. Or is it just 'wishful thinking' (I hope not. Lol)

come on...public code.

hmmm.

however. maybe it's worth NOT having one. I wouldn't mind a 'quieter visit' at the park!

Is that something that someone heard?!?! Ohh I hope so. Or is it just 'wishful thinking' (I hope not. Lol)

come on...public code.

hmmm.

however. maybe it's worth NOT having one. I wouldn't mind a 'quieter visit' at the park!

Speculation, I guess. I've heard a few people mention that CMs hinted at DV free dining, and with the PIN codes coming out, I would guess its going to be passed on to cardholders. I think public FD for Nov/Dec is a long shot, though. That's just me though!

I don't see Disney releasing public discounts for November/December. Whether you believe it or not, the economy is turning around, and if it's not great now it will be slightly better in 5-6 months. With all the holidays and events going on between Halloween and New Year's, Disney knows people will come anyway, and judging by the sheer volume of posts on the Dis with regards to people going in Nov/Dec, I'd say it's going to be a lot busier than people think, possibly even more than last holiday season. Disney has no reason to release general public discounts for that time of the year. There would have to be so many blackout dates that it would nullify any point in the release. In addition, as note by PPs, they have already sent out FD codes to fill in the minor gaps at resorts, and I expect Visa will receive its FD offer again this September.

How do people receive the free dining pin? We received the 40% off by a flyer in the mail. We are signed up for disneyworlds website and have the disney visa.

thanks

I don't see Disney releasing public discounts for November/December. Whether you believe it or not, the economy is turning around, and if it's not great now it will be slightly better in 5-6 months. With all the holidays and events going on between Halloween and New Year's, Disney knows people will come anyway, and judging by the sheer volume of posts on the Dis with regards to people going in Nov/Dec, I'd say it's going to be a lot busier than people think, possibly even more than last holiday season. Disney has no reason to release general public discounts for that time of the year. There would have to be so many blackout dates that it would nullify any point in the release. In addition, as note by PPs, they have already sent out FD codes to fill in the minor gaps at resorts, and I expect Visa will receive its FD offer again this September.

I will absolutely guarantee that Disney releases discounts to the public. In fact, I am willing to bet money. The economy maybe turning around, but its got a looooong way to go and 5 months from now (actually 2... because I am betting that codes come out in September at the latest) the economy will still be hurting.

This will be the 4th year in a row I go during this time and for 3 years there has been a discount of some kind (even when the economy was doing well). This year will be no different. I already got free dining... and so did many others. Disney is sending out PINs in record numbers.

Don't be discouraged... there will be a public discount of some kind, you can bet on it.

please pin fairy please send a early november pin code to me:) I have never recieved one.......signed up on the disney site, have a disney visa and would LOVE to take my girls on a "girls only" trip during their early Nov break........a code would sooooo help in my "encouraging" my DH that this is doable:)

I will absolutely guarantee that Disney releases discounts to the public. In fact, I am willing to bet money. The economy maybe turning around, but its got a looooong way to go and 5 months from now (actually 2... because I am betting that codes come out in September at the latest) the economy will still be hurting.

This will be the 4th year in a row I go during this time and for 3 years there has been a discount of some kind (even when the economy was doing well). This year will be no different. I already got free dining... and so did many others. Disney is sending out PINs in record numbers.

Don't be discouraged... there will be a public discount of some kind, you can bet on it.

I know this is the NOVEMBER thread but we've had to change our vacation to the last week of October. So, can you guarantee me a discount for that week, too? Please. :rotfl: I have signed up for everything I can think of and have a Disney Visa also but have never received a pin. It's so discouraging. :sad:

Donna

So.......since you will guarantee this.......will you pay for my dining if we do not get the discount? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You misunderstood what I wrote, and proved my point.

I said Disney will not release discounts to the general public. PIN codes via postcard and e-mails are NOT to the general public. They are specific to those who receive them, non-transferable, and have already gone out to thousands of recipients. I highly doubt Disney will release any deals like 4+3, or 7-for-4, or Free Dining to the general public for October thru December simply because of the reasons I've stated: the holidays will bring people in anyway. A Visa cardholder discount like 2008 is practically a given; and continual codes and PINs for a few lucky recipients, sure; but don't count on anything for the general public. Read some of the other threads on these boards, and you'll see the sheer numbers already booked for December is staggering. Why would Disney release codes to give them additional discounts? They wouldn't. That's why they're sending out the occasional PIN.

Read some of the other threads on these boards, and you'll see the sheer numbers already booked for December is staggering. Why would Disney release codes to give them additional discounts? They wouldn't. That's why they're sending out the occasional PIN.

I completely disagree with this. We have gotten a general public discount two of the last three Thanksgivings when the economy was a lot better than it is now. The fact that lots of DIS people are going and getting codes is a mere blip on Disney's radar. I think Disney has gotten addicted to giving out discounts to keep attendance high.

We arrive on Thanksgiving Day - any chance some type of code or deal will come out that will include that?

For now, we are booked Pop for 26-29 regular rate and added dining (passholder but regular rate).
Then for the 29-1 we are again booked at Pop - but with a 40% AP pin code I had and we added dining to it.

really am hoping for some type of deal for our arrival date.

I completely disagree with this. We have gotten a general public discount two of the last three Thanksgivings when the economy was a lot better than it is now. The fact that lots of DIS people are going and getting codes is a mere blip on Disney's radar. I think Disney has gotten addicted to giving out discounts to keep attendance high.

Absolutely correct.... I stand by my prediction. There will be something for the general public. Check back here for the "I told you so" in September.

As for my guarantees, if you believed my first one, I have no problem guaranteeing my previous guarantee and future guarantees.

Oh, and October, I would say yes, there should be one for late October as well.

Checking In interested in the first week of November for free dinning.

Subscribing...considering Nov 22-28th...We are actually looking at 2 different trips, but I need codes first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter