November 18, 2006 Thanksgiving Magic Special Western 2X Castaway Cay 11/18/06

MontclairBear said:
Ouch! Guess you'll be back in tip top shape by NOV.
I've been busy planning excursions, etc. Get to book 105 days in advance b/c we have Romance Pkg- it is our 7 yr anniv.
saw Pirates last Thurs- got us excited to visit CC popcorn::

Thanks!! The arm better be better by the time of the cruise!! Chuck and I had our 7th anniversary this year--March 30th. When is your anniversary?

NOV 20th. I hope I either get Flounder's babysitting or they let my DD 2y10mo into Oceaneer Club so we can go out after dinner :cool1: :drinking1
I started potty training her yesterday- wish me luck! Gotta go help my sister-in-law figure out reservations- so excited!

MontclairBear said:
NOV 20th. I hope I either get Flounder's babysitting or they let my DD 2y10mo into Oceaneer Club so we can go out after dinner :cool1: :drinking1
I started potty training her yesterday- wish me luck! Gotta go help my sister-in-law figure out reservations- so excited!

That will be so much fun to celebrate your anniversary on the Magic!! I wish you well on the potty training!! By the time of the cruise, your dd should be able to go to the Oceaneer Club!! :thumbsup2

Lisa

So you are a veteran- what it Turkey Day dinner like? Do you order off of a menu? And is it semi-formal or formal? What about football on the TV's in the lounges? I know my DH and DB are going to want to watch some (many) games. :surfweb:

Thanksgiving is semi formal night. It is also lobster night. However, if you want a traditional Thanksgiving dinner--there is turkey and all the trimmings on the menu. You can order what you want...so if you are in the mood for lobster and turkey...no problem!! :thumbsup2

Diversions is the sports bar---plenty of games televised. Also, last thanksgiving they also played the NFL games on the new Jumbotron over the Goofy pool.

Lisa

Nice to see a little action on here while I was away. My daughter, 7 year old grandson and I were just at the Disney Coronado Springs resort for the week. We had a wonderful time, although my wish for a week of days with temperatures in the 80s and low humidity didn't come true. :sunny: :teeth:

At least we were away from the 100 degree temps up here in Maryland.

Sorry to hear about your arm, Lisa. Hope it heals quickly.

Thanks, Gail!!

I hope you and your family had a great WDW vacation!! :thumbsup2

Lisa

Well........... this must be real now!! We're paid in full and have excursions and Palo reservations booked!

I'm not sure what the story is about the Cozumel excursions though..... there were only 4 available to book online. Perhaps there are still some not operating because of hurricane damage from last year. I'm going to post on the main cruise board to see what any recent Western cruisers experienced.

Ed

Hi Ed,it's too soon for us to reserve our excursions. We have to wait until 90 days before the cruise. You must be on a higher priority list. :)

We do have the list of possibilities to choose from on our cruise plans. They will have to be things both my daughter and I, and my 7 year old grandson will enjoy.

Gail

Hi Gail,

We're staying Concierge, so when we hit the 105 day mark, we could book everything ( guess that's the higher priority list :rolleyes1 ). What I found strange is the small number of excursions listed to book online. The port info lists probably 15 or more, but only 4 showed up as available to book.

On another note..... glad you had a good trip to WDW. We're off to WDW in two weeks and staying at VWL. I REALLY need a dose of Disney right about now!!

Ed

Ed-

What Cozumel excursions were available? Like Gail, we have to wait for 90 days. Thanks!!

Lisa

I was pretty sure that was the case. :) Did you get a room overlooking the animals?

We did take the safari ride three times in the Animal Kingdom and it was packed with animals. Wonder what the secret is to keeping them off the road? Whatever they do to stop them from getting run over is well hidden.

I also have access to reservations and see the following available to reserve in Cozumel:

Atlantis Submarine Expedition
Caverns Exploration and Beach Tour
Certified Scuba Tour
Cozumel Beach Break
Cozumel Ruins and Beach Tour
Dolphin Discovery Cozumel
Dolphin Discover Observer
Fury Catamaran Sail, Snorkel, and Beach Party
Dune Buggy and Beach Snorkel Combo
Mayan Frontier Horseback Riding Tour
Power Snorkel Treasure Hunt
Reef Snorkel
Tropical Jeep Safari Tour
Xcaret Echo Archeoloigical Park

To those of you who have already been able to book excursions and Palo reservations--what excursions and reservations have you booked?

Lisa

HI- we booked Dolphin Discovery on Cozumel, Seven Mile Beach Break on Grand Cayman. Stingrays on CC. Can't get too adventuresome because we have so many little kids with us. DH and I have Palo dinner reserv on Friday for dinner. Also have Brunch and Tea at Palo scheduled for days at sea- we'll do that with just the women in our group. :sunny: And- I reserved 10 hours at Flounder's for DD 2.5 just in case she can't get into the club with her sister and cousins. I wanna do some dancing after dinner.

You did a great job booking!! We are looking forward to the 90 day mark!!! :thumbsup2

Lisa

We booked Palo dinner and brunch (It was so nice to get our top choices and times). We also booked the 2-day getaway package at Castaway Cay. We are going to do a stingray excursion through an outside company in Grand Cayman.

Anyone else awake? Yep, I had to do it--I booked Palo Brunch and Dinner; Parasailing on CC and Island Tour/Stingray Tour on GC. Now, I'm going to sleep!!

Lisa :cool1:

We finally managed to get online and booked our preferred time for Palo. Haven't decied about the excursions yet - I'm hoping that won't be difficult

We got online, filled out all the forms, and picked our excursions today. Makes the cruise seem a little closer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter