• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 18, 2006 Thanksgiving Magic Special Western 2X Castaway Cay 11/18/06

two-foxes said:
The countdown timers just can't be right.....11 months and WHAT????? Just can't wait! With DH's new work, there is a tiny chance he won't be around for the cruise....then what's a girl to do????? GO ANYWAY! He's doing his best to make sure he's here for the cruise, he'd better! We have a quick 3- day scheduled for Feb (yes, we are that desperate for DCL that we'd go then!) but it just will be a teaser!

Glad to hear all went well on the 05 Turkey day cruise.

I know!The countdown clock can't be right!I know we just got back a few weeks ago,but it seems like we haven't gone yet.It just goes by so fast.Hey!I will take a three day cruise on the Disney Wonder.The rest of us here have to wait till November!To think we got hooked on the Disney Wonder,4 years ago.We had a great time with the 2005 Turkey Cruisers.We look forward to cruising again sometime with them.

Maria

Welcome to the boards and the Turkey day cruise Mollygirl13.
Just back from a quick 3 - day trip on the Wonder. It wasn't too hard to leave because I new we would be back in less then a year. First night out we had rough seas. We had perfect weather in Nassau and at Castaway Cay. Could not get the kids out of the water. Already excited for next November.

Since so many people on this thread are experienced cruisers. I guess it is a good place to ask questions. :) Here is a silly one I couldn't find the answer to.

We will be getting robes in our room. Is it normal for people to wear these to and from the spa. Or is it common that people go to the spa dressed, change to suits there and enjoy the Rainforest. Change after and return to their room?

GreenGirl8 said:
Since so many people on this thread are experienced cruisers. I guess it is a good place to ask questions. :) Here is a silly one I couldn't find the answer to.

We will be getting robes in our room. Is it normal for people to wear these to and from the spa. Or is it common that people go to the spa dressed, change to suits there and enjoy the Rainforest. Change after and return to their room?

No robes unless a cat. 3 or better....also this IS a Turkeyday sailing......there is NO NEED for clothes....that seems to be the sailing for the "streekers". :rotfl2:

I think we are supposed to get robes as part of our '06 REAS package. At least that is what we were told. Not sure if this has changed since booking.

Hello Turkey Day 2006'ers!

How about a peek into the future for y'all? Here is a peek at Thanksgiving Dinner!

f1479153.jpg

Turkey was also available if you don't like lobster!

GreenGirl8 said:
I think we are supposed to get robes as part of our '06 REAS package. At least that is what we were told. Not sure if this has changed since booking.
I did the REAS on my last cruise and we didn't get robes. You do get a reservation for a couples massage and Palo dinner and brunch. Ours was a special Mexican Riviera western cruise so maybe things were different though.

I am currently booked on this cruise, but I think we will be moving it to 2007, although you all are making it seem so good with Castaway Cay twice. I didn't know that, what port is being missed in its place?

LAMPSKIES said:
No robes unless a cat. 3 or better....also this IS a Turkeyday sailing......there is NO NEED for clothes....that seems to be the sailing for the "streekers". :rotfl2:

Spoken like a true expert- SO were you the one at the hot tub that night??? Pam

Catnip0113 said:
I did the REAS on my last cruise and we didn't get robes. You do get a reservation for a couples massage and Palo dinner and brunch. Ours was a special Mexican Riviera western cruise so maybe things were different though.

I am currently booked on this cruise, but I think we will be moving it to 2007, although you all are making it seem so good with Castaway Cay twice. I didn't know that, what port is being missed in its place?
The port we missed was Key west.... it was worth it!!! hOwever, I did see that the 07 turkey day cruise goes to Costa Maya and not grand Cayman. We were not impressed with Costa May, but the 2 x At Castaway makes it worthwhile.... But Costa Maya was a substutitue for Cozumel on our cruise. We missed GC due to weather. SO our ports were 2x CC and Costa Maya. But 4 sea days were great!!!

cody'smom said:
The port we missed was Key west.... it was worth it!!! hOwever, I did see that the 07 turkey day cruise goes to Costa Maya and not grand Cayman. We were not impressed with Costa May, but the 2 x At Castaway makes it worthwhile.... But Costa Maya was a substutitue for Cozumel on our cruise. We missed GC due to weather. SO our ports were 2x CC and Costa Maya. But 4 sea days were great!!!

The Thanksgiving cruise we booked onboard for 2006 goes to Cozumel and Grand Cayman at least that is what scheduled as of right now.I don't care where we go as long as it is CC twice.We so enjoyed having two days at CC this past Thanksgiving.

Maria

Disneyfan37 said:
The Thanksgiving cruise we booked onboard for 2006 goes to Cozumel and Grand Cayman at least that is what scheduled as of right now.I don't care where we go as long as it is CC twice.We so enjoyed having two days at CC this past Thanksgiving.

Maria
Maria, I have seen 2 different itineraries for this cruise!! Fortunately DCL site has it as what you have listed above. We are looking at booking it- hope to make my "presentation" to DH this weekend- got all my quotes lined up- of course I will remind him that we could be saving MORE if we had booked when we were there!! It looks as though you guys are the only "turkeys" on this cruise so far?????

Any AA members- oops wrong cruise- I mean AAA members out there- they have great shipboard credits ($150 for cat 1-9, $75 for rest of cats) and the price we were quoted was the same as Dreams unlimited and DCL

Pam

cody'smom said:
Maria, I have seen 2 different itineraries for this cruise!! Fortunately DCL site has it as what you have listed above. We are looking at booking it- hope to make my "presentation" to DH this weekend- got all my quotes lined up- of course I will remind him that we could be saving MORE if we had booked when we were there!! It looks as though you guys are the only "turkeys" on this cruise so far?????

Any AA members- oops wrong cruise- I mean AAA members out there- they have great shipboard credits ($150 for cat 1-9, $75 for rest of cats) and the price we were quoted was the same as Dreams unlimited and DCL

Pam

We are the only turkeys so far.It would be great if you all joined us.Keep me posted.We booked onboard.AAA does give great rates.We personally don't care what itinerary we get aslong as we are on DCL.You may want to check also All Seasons travel!Hope you join us!

Maria

Disneyfan37 said:
We are the only turkeys so far.It would be great if you all joined us.Keep me posted.We booked onboard.AAA does give great rates.We personally don't care what itinerary we get aslong as we are on DCL.You may want to check also All Seasons travel!Hope you join us!

Maria
Maria- FYI - the price difference to go the week after Thanksgiving offset the guilt of taking my kids out of school for a week. SO we will be going the 25th- not as crazy about the itinerary, wish it was 2 days at CC! Hope to see you on a 2007 cruise!! Pam

cody'smom said:
Maria- FYI - the price difference to go the week after Thanksgiving offset the guilt of taking my kids out of school for a week. SO we will be going the 25th- not as crazy about the itinerary, wish it was 2 days at CC! Hope to see you on a 2007 cruise!! Pam

I am sorry to hear that,but I fully do understand.There is a big price difference.I belief you all will like the Eastern Carribbean.We like the Eastern Carribbean better then what we saw of the Western,but then again we didn't go to Grand Cayman or Cozumel.We will see how it goes.We do love the idea of the two days at CC as it was great this past November..Hope to see you all in 2007.

Maria

HI, I am new to this. We will be sailing for Thanksgiving 2006 and can't wait. I been reading everything on this site and taking notes. If there is anything special you can tell me, please do so. We will see you there!

Hello Turkeys!

Maria, you will love Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I was very disappointed not to get to visit those two ports last year. Doug had a great private charter lined up at GC.

Maggiekid, just ask Maria, she is an experienced DIS cruiser!

See ya real soon!

Willie

WMILLER86 said:
Hello Turkeys!

Maria, you will love Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I was very disappointed not to get to visit those two ports last year. Doug had a great private charter lined up at GC.

Maggiekid, just ask Maria, she is an experienced DIS cruiser!

See ya real soon!

Willie

Willie-Charlie and I are looking forward to Cozumel and Grand Cayman.We were disappointed also that we weren't able to see Grand Cayman,but there is always this year.We loved the Eastern Ports,but we haven't seen the Western ports yet you could say as Costa Maya was it for us as far as Western goes.We will surely miss you all that week though!

Maggiekid-Welcome!We have cruised DCL four times now.Two were four nights,and two were 7 nights.We enjoyed all of the our trips,but the 7 nights are the best as one isn't as rushed.We have never cruised with anyone else besides DCL.

Maria

On our first Disney cruise. Just me (Pat-49) and my wifey Shirley (54). Will miss the rest of the family on Thanksgiving. First time to be gone for that. Also will be celibrating our 23rd Anniversary on the 19.

It seems so far away.

Pat

pdeep said:
On our first Disney cruise. Just me (Pat-49) and my wifey Shirley (54). Will miss the rest of the family on Thanksgiving. First time to be gone for that. Also will be celibrating our 23rd Anniversary on the 19.

It seems so far away.

Pat

Welcome aboard!This past Thanksgiving was the first Thanksgiving we were gone away from family,and we had a blast.We had such a great time we booked onboard again for Thanksgiving this year.You will love it!It will also just dh(Charlie-39) and myself(Maria-41).This will be our fifth cruise with DCL.Yes,it does seem so far away!

Maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter