• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 17, 2012 TURKEY Cruise

Has anyone booked any shore excursions yet? Any veterans have any suggestions? So much I would love to do. So little time.

Dh and I booked the Kon Tiki excursion in St. Thomas. We have been to St. Thomas many (many!) times and usually do Magens Bay on our own. But we wanted to do something different this time.

In San Juan, we will do a walking tour (rum tasting along the way!) on our own. Probably will walk all the way up to the fort. We went to San Juan once before and that is what we did.

We are starting to get really excited, too. It will be here before we know it. The planning is 1/2 the fun! :cheer2:

Dh and I booked the Kon Tiki excursion in St. Thomas. We have been to St. Thomas many (many!) times and usually do Magens Bay on our own. But we wanted to do something different this time.

In San Juan, we will do a walking tour (rum tasting along the way!) on our own. Probably will walk all the way up to the fort. We went to San Juan once before and that is what we did.

We are starting to get really excited, too. It will be here before we know it. The planning is 1/2 the fun! :cheer2:

This being our first time, I was thinking it would be nice to do some of the tours so that we get a good look at the area's. But I know the kids will likely want to play on the beach as well. Kinda torn as to what to do. Do you book through Disney? Or another excursion program?

Has anyone booked any shore excursions yet? Any veterans have any suggestions? So much I would love to do. So little time.

We booked through Disney the Caribbean Sea Safari. I researched many options and this had great reviews. I gave my DD (9) a few options and this was the one she chose. It sounds like a lot of fun!

:beach::beach:
We are doing the Champagne Catamaran Sail to St. John! So looking forward to it as we have never been there! I think Lisa is also doing that with her family. Right Lisa?

LuvMyShepherd said:
We booked through Disney the Caribbean Sea Safari. I researched many options and this had great reviews. I gave my DD (9) a few options and this was the one she chose. It sounds like a lot of fun!

That does sound fun. Which port/day is that?

tinkerbelltwins said:
:beach::beach:
We are doing the Champagne Catamaran Sail to St. John! So looking forward to it as we have never been there! I think Lisa is also doing that with her family. Right Lisa?

Is that through Disney? Or another company (ie: shore trips)

In St. Thomas we have a good friend who lives there. So we will be going to the resort that she works at-if anyone would like to join us please let us know. The beach is nice and there is a pool there too. Maybe a bit of shopping before we get over there too!!

In San Juan we have explored going to a beach as well there...

Has everyone read about alcohol now being served in MK? What are your thoughts? What do you think Walt would think?

Anyone have reservations at the Be Our Guest place?

This being our first time, I was thinking it would be nice to do some of the tours so that we get a good look at the area's. But I know the kids will likely want to play on the beach as well. Kinda torn as to what to do. Do you book through Disney? Or another excursion program?

We booked the Kon Tiki thru Disney.

I always feel safer booking thru the cruise line. That way if something happens and it is running late, the ship knows there is a whole tour they have to wait for before leaving! Maybe that's just me, being a worrier.

But, as I say that, we have gone to Magens Bay on our own many times. We get off the ship 1st thing, and they have many taxis waiting. Just hop in one and go to the beach. BUT, we only spend a short time at the beach and get back early for lunch on the ship. We do a little shopping right by the ship before boarding for lunch.

I've been lurking on this board for quite a while. Just haven't had the time to post.

We booked this cruise over a year ago in April of 2011. We are all excited about going. It's been over a year since our kids last cruise and since February 2012 for my DH and I.

The four of us will be cruising:

DH
Me
DS15
DS12

We are looking forward to seeing the Fantasy for the first time and to chicken parm for Palo brunch!

Hi everyone, After hearing back from several of you, here's the plan for our Dis Meet and Greet on board the Fantasy:

Day 2 -- November 18 (an at sea day). Time 3pm. Location: Vista Cafe

You can purchase drinks at this location. After we've had some time to socialize, I'm hoping that we can all get some sort of a group photograph taken!!! AndrewWG is an awesome photographer and I'm hoping we can all convince him to take a great group photo!

Here is a link to the Vista Cafe: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/nightclubs-lounges/vista-cafe/

I will have the camera ready! :)

Not sure if I will be making a shirt or not. We'll see. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter