November 17, 2012 TURKEY Cruise

Jet Blue has a few flights from here, but they route you through New York to get to Orlando. Southworst actually is the cheapest right now. Frontier thinks people will actually pay $850/person.

Thanks, Beth I think the landyards will be great!!:)

I have a local friend who is willing to do landyards for our cruise. If we are interested I am happy to organize and get pricing!!

We would be interested in this!! (we would need 2) - thanks!!

Just checking in here. It's been forever since I've posted on here I think! Work has been nutso! Anyway, just chiming in to say that we're still planning to be onboard! (Assuming we can find a reasonable flight from IAD!)

Been awhile since I've been here, too. I'm checking in to say that I just booked our pre-cruise night at the Country Inn and Suites! :cool1:

Just saw the mention of lanyards. DCL gives out lanyards to all repeaters and since we are gold Castaway Cay members, we'll wear those.

Been awhile since I've been here, too. I'm checking in to say that I just booked our pre-cruise night at the Country Inn and Suites! :cool1:

Just saw the mention of lanyards. DCL gives out lanyards to all repeaters and since we are gold Castaway Cay members, we'll wear those.

We will be staying right next door at the W. Maybe, a Dismeet is in order!!

Hi Everyone,

Beth (TinkerbellTwins) and I just came back from the Two-day cruise to know where on the Magic out of NYC!! It was great fun.

Soo very excited right before we left we got the approval from Disney to open up our own Disney Travel Agency. There are four of us from all of over the country who are owners. So we had a nice little celebration onboard the Magic.

I am soo very looking forward to this cruise and can't wait to meet everyone!!

Yup -- we had a super fantastic time on board. It was really cool to book dummy reservations in our own agency's name. BTW: for those wondering if you can book more than one cabin while on board, well you can! Ask Kritter, she did!

With the 2-day out of the way, my thoughts are turning toward Alaska in August and then the Eastern Caribbean in November.

I say let's make this a chattier board! Are all the kids out of school now? Mine finished second grade on Friday. I'm headed out the door to take them to swim team practice. What is everyone else doing today?

I was able to re-book two "dummy date" rooms while onboard. No questions asked..

We will be staying right next door at the W. Maybe, a Dismeet is in order!!

Cool! We live in South Florida, and are driving up the day before. We will probably work 8-12 and then hit the road. It is just dh and myself - no kids.

We just returned from sailing the Fantasy over Fathers Day. It was a great trip and we enjoyed it very much. Comparing the Fantasy to the Dream (which we did B2B on last Thanksgiving) it was a huge improvement. All of the staff we had on board were wonderful and attentive. The atmosphere seemed to be much more relaxed and everything ran very smoothly. If you have specific question I can certainly try to answer them for you. I'm not on the Boards much lately as my DH is having some back problems :scared: and I have been busy with an elderly relative. I will do my best to answer your questions.:thumbsup2

We just returned from sailing the Fantasy over Fathers Day. It was a great trip and we enjoyed it very much. Comparing the Fantasy to the Dream (which we did B2B on last Thanksgiving) it was a huge improvement. All of the staff we had on board were wonderful and attentive. The atmosphere seemed to be much more relaxed and everything ran very smoothly. If you have specific question I can certainly try to answer them for you. I'm not on the Boards much lately as my DH is having some back problems :scared: and I have been busy with an elderly relative. I will do my best to answer your questions.:thumbsup2

I'm so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience on board the Fantasy. What excursions did you do -- it was an Eastern wasn't it? My kids are so looking forward to Animator's Palate and doing the drawing at the table!

We did an outside excursion in St. Marteen which was FABULOUS! But on the November trip we are going to San Juan instead. We did not do any excursions in St. Thomas as we had a very short day there or in Castaway (we enjoyed Serenity Bay). Sorry-not too much help but since my husband had problems with his back he was to rest as much as possible!

We did an outside excursion in St. Marteen which was FABULOUS! But on the November trip we are going to San Juan instead. We did not do any excursions in St. Thomas as we had a very short day there or in Castaway (we enjoyed Serenity Bay). Sorry-not too much help but since my husband had problems with his back he was to rest as much as possible!

I can see in your ticker that you've done lots of Thanksgiving cruises! If you get a free moment, tell us some of the highlights about going on a Turkey Cruise! TIA!!!

Highlights for us.....
1. Not having to cook or clean on Thanksgiving Day!
2. Seeing the Christmas decorations go up on the ship during the cruise! Usually everything is up and the Gingerbread House is being constructed.
3. Christmas decorations on Castaway!
4. Great time for family pictures!

This will be our last Thanksgiving cruise as my son will be a high school Senior this year. Next year he is off to college!

I know I'm a little late to the party, but we've had a room reserved for over a year for the TG 2012 Fantasy cruise.

We are transplants to Minnesota but happily plan to stay. As you will see from our descriptions, we're usually glued to computer screens, so we're happy to have an internet-free zone for a week. Here's a snapshot of our family:

Dyanne (mom) - Project manager who loves to organize all the nooks and crannies of her house

Andy (dad) - works in healthcare and loves to play WOW and hang out with our kids

Madi (daughter, 15) - the "white sheep" of our family... outgoing, a cheerleader, loves to be around people

Nina (daughter, 13) - quiet, likes Futurama, way into internet memes, is capable of being very funny and personable in low-key group settings

Sam (son, 10) - kind-hearted and loves his friends, slightly sneaky (like his mama :rolleyes1), quite industrious and already knows his way around the ship

Looking forward to sailing with everyone!

Dyanne

I know I'm a little late to the party, but we've had a room reserved for over a year for the TG 2012 Fantasy cruise.

We are transplants to Minnesota but happily plan to stay. As you will see from our descriptions, we're usually glued to computer screens, so we're happy to have an internet-free zone for a week. Here's a snapshot of our family:

Dyanne (mom) - Project manager who loves to organize all the nooks and crannies of her house

Andy (dad) - works in healthcare and loves to play WOW and hang out with our kids

Madi (daughter, 15) - the "white sheep" of our family... outgoing, a cheerleader, loves to be around people

Nina (daughter, 13) - quiet, likes Futurama, way into internet memes, is capable of being very funny and personable in low-key group settings

Sam (son, 10) - kind-hearted and loves his friends, slightly sneaky (like his mama :rolleyes1), quite industrious and already knows his way around the ship

Looking forward to sailing with everyone!

Dyanne

I LOVE these descriptions!! Welcome aboard!

Maltese5 said:
Highlights for us.....
1. Not having to cook or clean on Thanksgiving Day!
2. Seeing the Christmas decorations go up on the ship during the cruise! Usually everything is up and the Gingerbread House is being constructed.
3. Christmas decorations on Castaway!
4. Great time for family pictures!

This will be our last Thanksgiving cruise as my son will be a high school Senior this year. Next year he is off to college!

Can't wait to see the decorations!!

and smell the decorations too! I'm hoping they'll be putting up the gingerbread house while we are on board....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter