November 17, 2012 TURKEY Cruise

We are, in kind of. We want to pay off all of our debt first, and we are 90% done so we think it will work by November. This will be our sixth cruise with Disney. After we met Dave Ramsey, we stopped everything and worked his plan. This will be our celebration cruise for being debt free!!

Mark (GoofyFD)
Emily (EmmyT)
DD 14
DD 11

We just returned from a wonderful experience on the New Year's Dream cruise, and now just living life. :)

How exciting.......tell us more. Did you notice how much bigger the ship was compared to Wonder & Magic ? Take long to find your way around ?

We are, in kind of. We want to pay off all of our debt first, and we are 90% done so we think it will work by November. This will be our sixth cruise with Disney. After we met Dave Ramsey, we stopped everything and worked his plan. This will be our celebration cruise for being debt free!!

Mark (GoofyFD)
Emily (EmmyT)
DD 14
DD 11

:welcome: Aboard. That's a great reason to celebrate ! I will add your info. on the roll call. If you wan't your DD's names added just let me know.

How exciting.......tell us more. Did you notice how much bigger the ship was compared to Wonder & Magic ? Take long to find your way around ?
The ship feels enormous, but it shrinks as you become familiar with it. They have ship tours on embarkation day that help you get oriented. My family and friends adopted the Currents bar up on deck 13 as our favorite hangout spot.

My comment when we were on the Wonder after having been on the Dream, heading for a midship location: "Oh! We're here already!" A three-day cruise is nowhere near long enough, and we really enjoyed being onboard for five this time. Looking forward to seven!

The ship feels enormous, but it shrinks as you become familiar with it. They have ship tours on embarkation day that help you get oriented. My family and friends adopted the Currents bar up on deck 13 as our favorite hangout spot.

My comment when we were on the Wonder after having been on the Dream, heading for a midship location: "Oh! We're here already!" A three-day cruise is nowhere near long enough, and we really enjoyed being onboard for five this time. Looking forward to seven!

Those are kinda my thoughts, glad to be on for a week. :goodvibes This is the first I have heard about the ship tour. Looking forward to that. I will also study the deck plans before I board. :rotfl2:

Welcome aboard ship tour: meet at Preludes, deck 3, forward, 1:00 & 2:00 p.m., according to my navigator. I assume it will be similar on the Fantasy.

I'm home doing laundry. :laundy: Right now I am insanely jealous of Kritter who just arrived at Disney World with her family. :)

Hi Beth,

We are having a BLAST!! Miss you guys not being here with us...:( :(

Can't wait to cruise with you all.

Hoping to be able to get a tour of the Fantasy while she is docked in NYC!!

So what does everyone do when there not on a Disney Cruise? I'm a Firefighter and my wife's a 5th grade school teacher. We love traveling and going to the beach with our girls.

So what does everyone do when there not on a Disney Cruise? I'm a Firefighter and my wife's a 5th grade school teacher. We love traveling and going to the beach with our girls.

I am trying to get my 10 messages so I can get on FE list and roll call via PMs!

I quit a 15+ year marketing/writing career four years ago to help my husband with his two outpatient drug/alcohol treatment facilities. My husband also works FT inside a state maximum security prison and does not want to leave so he can retire with his full pension. For fun, I help people train their dogs and my specialty is Canine Good Citizen. Our daughter (9 at cruise time) enjoys karate and horse riding lessons and I train and compete in a sport called schutzhund with my two German Shepherds.

I'm a fourth grade teacher, and my DH is a Captain with our local sheriff's office.

Have this booked and Panama Canal in December....will, of course, only do 1 so as soon as we decide I'll jump back in!

Have this booked and Panama Canal in December....will, of course, only do 1 so as soon as we decide I'll jump back in!

Cool! At the moment, I have a SPH room on hold for the December Panama Canal cruise, but told my TA that we weren't going to book it since we would take this cruise before that one given school schedules and itinerary.

We did the PC in 2005, and it was one of our most memorable vacations. You know it was a good trip when your kid is watching Matt Lauer on the Today show doing a "where in the world is..." segment where the camera is zoomed in on him and he gives the clue and she shouts "He's in the Panama Canal! I've been there!" with a nod and a smile. :)

My uncle is a firefighter in NYC. My DH has his own buisness in water treatment & air purification. More of a hobbie for me.....I do extra & background work in t.v & film. Hoping to see myself this Sunday on ABC @ 9:00. A smile as big as the moon.

I am trying to get my 10 messages so I can get on FE list and roll call via PMs!

I quit a 15+ year marketing/writing career four years ago to help my husband with his two outpatient drug/alcohol treatment facilities. My husband also works FT inside a state maximum security prison and does not want to leave so he can retire with his full pension. For fun, I help people train their dogs and my specialty is Canine Good Citizen. Our daughter (9 at cruise time) enjoys karate and horse riding lessons and I train and compete in a sport called schutzhund with my two German Shepherds.

Get busy posting. :surfweb: :rotfl2: Such rewarding jobs ! I have a 6 yr. old Maltese. I spent 15 months training him for his first agility and he blew out his knee. The cost of surgery was as almost how much we paid for him ! Now we just love him and his career is over before it started. :)

Cool! At the moment, I have a SPH room on hold for the December Panama Canal cruise, but told my TA that we weren't going to book it since we would take this cruise before that one given school schedules and itinerary.

I was disappointed with the Dec. repo. :sad1: First it is out of Miami so much easier for us to drive to or from PC, Second- The ports ! No Castaway or Aruba !

We did the PC in 2005, and it was one of our most memorable vacations. You know it was a good trip when your kid is watching Matt Lauer on the Today show doing a "where in the world is..." segment where the camera is zoomed in on him and he gives the clue and she shouts "He's in the Panama Canal! I've been there!" with a nod and a smile. :)

I agree ! :thumbsup2 We wen't in 2008 on the EBPC and it was fantastic ! To our surprise one of our favorite ports was Cartagena.

Get busy posting. :surfweb: :rotfl2: Such rewarding jobs ! I have a 6 yr. old Maltese. I spent 15 months training him for his first agility and he blew out his knee. The cost of surgery was as almost how much we paid for him ! Now we just love him and his career is over before it started. :)[/QUOTE]

I am sorry to hear about your Maltese. I know the hard work that goes into training for competition and how disappointing it is when the animal you have such a close bond with is injured while doing it. I worry about that every time I am on the field. And yes, those surgeries are very costly.

Get busy posting. :surfweb: :rotfl2: Such rewarding jobs ! I have a 6 yr. old Maltese. I spent 15 months training him for his first agility and he blew out his knee. The cost of surgery was as almost how much we paid for him ! Now we just love him and his career is over before it started. :)

I am sorry to hear about your Maltese. I know the hard work that goes into training for competition and how disappointing it is when the animal you have such a close bond with is injured while doing it. I worry about that every time I am on the field. And yes, those surgeries are very costly.[/QUOTE]

Not only did I do the classes but Dante also took private lessons once a week. Looking back I was so upset by it all but I am happy with the bond it created. He is such a loving dog and has a great personality. Here is a pic. of him. Keep up the posting and you will be there before you know it. :surfweb:
Dante-groomers001.jpg

Here is a pic. of Dante when he was 10 weeks old. We got him at 12 weeks. One of my favorites.:love:

TinasBoy1.jpg

We really want to do PC but 2 weeks out of school will probably mean we stick with this one. Missed a week of school for the Dream MV and that was too much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter