November 17, 2012 TURKEY Cruise

We've been booked on this one since the morning bookings opened for it. Not 100% sure we'll stay on this cruise, though, pending future cruise plans, since we're also doing the Fantasy MV cruise in March. But this was a great price for a holiday week cruise, so we figured we'd book it while we could.

Hi!

Just moved our dummy date booked while on this last 11 Day Holiday Magic cruise. Had a delightful Christmas in 2010 and looking forward to Thanksgiving in 2012 on a new ship. :thumbsup2

Caryn

:yay: Hello everyone!! We are booked for this cruise!!

Welcome Aboard ! I am from NY, only been in SC for 3 years.

We have this one booked and I sure hope we don't have to change it. I've always wanted to go to San Juan...even if for just a day.
It will be our 15th anniversary on the 22nd and I can't think of a better way to spend it.

Welcome Aboard ! Yeah another couple celebrating a anniversary.:thumbsup2

We've been booked on this one since the morning bookings opened for it. Not 100% sure we'll stay on this cruise, though, pending future cruise plans, since we're also doing the Fantasy MV cruise in March. But this was a great price for a holiday week cruise, so we figured we'd book it while we could.

Welcome Aboard ! I hope you can keep this one. Are you still going on the June 23rd ? I agree about the price ! Same cabin from June cruise moved to this one only cost a total of 36.15 more ! Can't beat that.

Hi!

Just moved our dummy date booked while on this last 11 Day Holiday Magic cruise. Had a delightful Christmas in 2010 and looking forward to Thanksgiving in 2012 on a new ship. :thumbsup2

Caryn

Welcome Aboard ! Nothing like seeing the Christmas decorations and being on a new ship !

Wishing everyone a Happy St. Patricks Day !

StPatricks-Mickey-Mouse.jpg

Thank you, Tina :goodvibes We are from NY, only been in TN for three years ... :laughing: I'll start -- we are from Western NY :)

Caryn

Thank you, Tina :goodvibes We are from NY, only been in TN for three years ... :laughing: I'll start -- we are from Western NY :)

Caryn

Small world Caryn ! :laughing: We are from the Finger Lakes Region---Farmington/Canandaigua about 30 mins. from Rochester. Tomorrow makes it 3 years we have been in Myrtle Beach. I bet your liking your weather a whole lot more !:thumbsup2 We visited TN about 5 years ago. Simply beautiful.

We are considering booking this cruise. Has anyone here ever cruised during Thanksgiving before? If you have, what is the weather like? What do people wear? Fall clothes or Caribbean attire?

We are considering booking this cruise. Has anyone here ever cruised during Thanksgiving before? If you have, what is the weather like? What do people wear? Fall clothes or Caribbean attire?

Welcome Aboard ( Hopefully )

The weather is a hit or miss. I just did the wonder this past Dec. ( first week ) and they had some crazy cold front and Castaway was a very cold day ! Most people wen't back on the ship. They had the pool water like bath water and it felt GREAT ! That following week I heard it was in the 80's. The cruise I was on for Thanksgiving was nice........70's. I think with us going further like St. Thomas will be warmer. I also think it changes from where your from. Being from NY it always felt like a heat wave.:rotfl:Now that I get " Chilly " being used to the south what might be cold for me feels warm to you.

Clothing- Where what you want and feel most comfortable in ! I saw everything. I will be bringing tropical wear.........it's what you will most likely see in the Caribbean. The ship decorated for Christmas is not to be missed !! Alot of people I know get there Christmas card done being on the ship.

Lastly-- The price is really good now. This cruise doesn't show up yet on DCL, once it does I am sure it will go up especially since it's a holiday cruise. You could always book now then change it to something else. I know this was long, hope it helps you out.:thumbsup2

Just got off the Magic and re-booked for this cruise while onboard! (LOVE the onboard incentives!) The price is great! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone in this DIS group!!!

Tina -- a beautiful part of the state! We were in Big Flats for three years and do miss the Twin Tiers. We are loving TN :goodvibes

I am hoping the weather in November will be warmer at CC than the end of December last year. It should be -- but always a roll of the dice.

:cloud9:
Caryn

Just got off the Magic and re-booked for this cruise while onboard! (LOVE the onboard incentives!) The price is great! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone in this DIS group!!!

Welcome Aboard ! :thumbsup2 Yes you can't beat the price of this cruise.

Tina -- a beautiful part of the state! We were in Big Flats for three years and do miss the Twin Tiers. We are loving TN :goodvibes

I am hoping the weather in November will be warmer at CC than the end of December last year. It should be -- but always a roll of the dice.

:cloud9:
Caryn

Hi Caryn,
I do miss the fall in NY but not the snow.:rotfl: Yes on weather but decorations & being on the new ship will make up for it. I will say it's better then going in Aug. It is soooooo hot then.

Hi everyone,

We are booked on this holiday cruise. It will be me (Beth), DH (Steve) and our twin daughters. Our girls will be turning nine on Thanksgiving Day so they will be super excited to consume their birthday cake on board a Mickey Boat!

Beth

Hi everyone,

We are booked on this holiday cruise. It will be me (Beth), DH (Steve) and our twin daughters. Our girls will be turning nine on Thanksgiving Day so they will be super excited to consume their birthday cake on board a Mickey Boat!

Beth

Hi Beth,
Welcome Aboard ! Are your girls identical ? My Mom has a identical twin. What a great way for your girls to celebrate there birthday.:thumbsup2 Is this your first Disney cruise ?

I am hoping for Bev to stop by...............she needs to start a list on the first page. I know she has been having some computer problems.:sad2:

Hi Beth,
Welcome Aboard ! Are your girls identical ? My Mom has a identical twin. What a great way for your girls to celebrate there birthday.:thumbsup2 Is this your first Disney cruise ?

I am hoping for Bev to stop by...............she needs to start a list on the first page. I know she has been having some computer problems.:sad2:

Hi Tina,
My girls are fraternal and they are completely different in personality! One is more quiet and sensitive and the other can be impish and loud. Our family's first cruise was on the Magic over Halloween week last October. My husband and I will be taking an 3 day w/o the kids in May on the Dream, and we will be taking the kids with us on the Dream for a double dip in August. So we're hooked! We made some fantastic friends on the Magic cruise and look forward to meeting more fun people in the months and years ahead!

I see that Janice (dizney-cruiser) is signed up for this cruise -- so a warm hello to her as we were on the Magic cruise together! :) And hi to Kathleen (hallsofva) as we will be on the Dream in August!

Beth

Hi Tina,
My girls are fraternal and they are completely different in personality! One is more quiet and sensitive and the other can be impish and loud. Our family's first cruise was on the Magic over Halloween week last October. My husband and I will be taking an 3 day w/o the kids in May on the Dream, and we will be taking the kids with us on the Dream for a double dip in August. So we're hooked! We made some fantastic friends on the Magic cruise and look forward to meeting more fun people in the months and years ahead!

I see that Janice (dizney-cruiser) is signed up for this cruise -- so a warm hello to her as we were on the Magic cruise together! :) And hi to Kathleen (hallsofva) as we will be on the Dream in August!

Beth

Hi Beth,
I think it only takes one cruise to get hooked.:) I will be looking for a trip report & pics. from your Dream cruise.:rolleyes1 Have fun ! We won't be sailing before this cruise.:sad2: I do like the fact I have something to look forward to. I have cruised with Bev before. It's nice to make friends and meet on a cruise then find yourself on another cruise. I have made some life long friends on this board.:cloud9:

I am sure this thread will be a little slow since it's far away. I might have to start a countdown.

I just realized that when I joined this thread, I didn't introduce myself...I was just so excited about having future cruises booked that I just forgot!:confused3

OK, so it will be me (Teri) and DH (Mason) and our DS (8) and DD (6). We have sailed the week before Thanksgiving before, and it was perfect weather. The port terminal is already decorated for Christmas, as is the ship (and they make a real 'life-size' gingerbread house out of fresh baked gingerbread...YUM! It is the best smelling decoration ever!)

We have sailed the Magic twice and LOVE her:love:, so I am hoping we have the same affinity for the newer ships. We will try out the Dream in March on a 4 day, and then spend about 5 days in the parks (it will be our first time ever!!! So excited about that!) With that being such a jam-packed with tons of crowd vacation, I will be really looking forward to our 7 day Eastern over Thanksgiving!!! And I am glad that we are going to San Juan instead of St. Martin. And especially glad to go back to St. Thomas! Next to Castaway Cay, St. Thomas could almost be the perfect paradise! :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys in the next year and a half...this thread is already much more active than the one for my March cruise (it is still on page 1 :sad1:).

Talk to you soon!

HELP! I am so confused, I didn't think these dates were available yet. :confused3

We have a dummy cruise booked and have been waiting to move that cruise as soon as the November 2012 dates were available. I checked with our TA a few weeks ago and she said they still weren't out. Plus, I can't see the dates from the DCL website. I was told the dates wouldn't be released until sometime this month (April).

HELP! I am so confused, I didn't think these dates were available yet. :confused3

We have a dummy cruise booked and have been waiting to move that cruise as soon as the November 2012 dates were available. I checked with our TA a few weeks ago and she said they still weren't out. Plus, I can't see the dates from the DCL website. I was told the dates wouldn't be released until sometime this month (April).

They were released February 16 but can only be booked if you or your TA calls DCL directly.

They were released February 16 but can only be booked if you or your TA calls DCL directly.

Wow! Thanks for letting me know. This is just one more reason for me to "fire" my TA. First of all, the ressies are with AAA and they offer nothing in the way of on-board credits. I really should move them to someone else who will do a better job and give me some $$$$. ;)

It was way after Feb. 16th when I called her last time to check if the dates were released and without missing a beat she said, "no" and that she checks every few days. Hmmm....

Do you know of a place where the dates are listed? I may be interested in a 5 day that week. Its all going to come down to what each cruise is going to cost us. I need to book 2 rooms so its already pretty pricey for our family.

Wow! Thanks for letting me know. This is just one more reason for me to "fire" my TA. First of all, the ressies are with AAA and they offer nothing in the way of on-board credits. I really should move them to someone else who will do a better job and give me some $$$$. ;)

It was way after Feb. 16th when I called her last time to check if the dates were released and without missing a beat she said, "no" and that she checks every few days. Hmmm....

Do you know of a place where the dates are listed? I may be interested in a 5 day that week. Its all going to come down to what each cruise is going to cost us. I need to book 2 rooms so its already pretty pricey for our family.

My TA sent me an email that morning when they were released with the different dates and schedules. (This one is supposed to go to San Juan, PR for example.)

I've seen the dates for the Fantasy, but haven't seen any Dream dates for late 2012, so if you're looking for a 5night, this wouldn't be the cruise for you. The Dream dates should hopefully be released with the upcoming April 6th announcement.

I used AAA for my first cruise back in 2005, but found them very hit or miss with regards to how much your agent knew about Disney cruises, and also didn't like when they kept playing with and reducing the benefits. There are several good TAs out there, so if you're not happy, check out some others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter