November 14, 2021 Eastern Caribbean...port change?

Ikaikalani

Tee-Eye-double Guh-err
For anyone booked on this Eastern C sailing......is this voyage still on track to visit its original ports of call?

For anyone booked on this Eastern C sailing......is this voyage still on track to visit its original ports of call?
So far yes, DCL app shows no changes to our itinerary, though it looks like our excursion on Tortola changed to 30 min later than it was originally scheduled for, I think

I was sure that it was going to be changed! But that appears not to be the case.
https://bvinews.com/bi-weekly-pcr-t...EaPkSfIVLUVOcYG7A5J35H4r7gRVD8rdjCLMwOsw6JzuIFrom Oct 11: "...the Disney Cruise Line which is supposed to arrive on November 17 will not operate in a bubble. This is because the BVI is the first stop for cruise ships on that line and passengers would have done two PCR tests on board to confirm their negative COVID status."

https://www.cruisehive.com/the-brit...pl2P_Z89-AHfVLJuBsgUtZLBndsdAUrKD8oRUBhPBcPM8From Oct 12: "The ships will be visiting more frequently in November with 15 calls from ships like Norwegian Encore and Norwegian Escape, Celebrity Edge, Disney Fantasy, and more. "

Not Disney specific but talks about cruises visiting Tortola again earlier this month:
http://www.virginislandsdailynews.c...iQp-b0hzlqP-G_YVuf8NzU5qz6AebrGPAsvMFtVZWyWKo
There is a FB group for the cruise with more discussion on it, too, if you're curious.

I was sure that it was going to be changed! But that appears not to be the case.
https://bvinews.com/bi-weekly-pcr-t...EaPkSfIVLUVOcYG7A5J35H4r7gRVD8rdjCLMwOsw6JzuIFrom Oct 11: "...the Disney Cruise Line which is supposed to arrive on November 17 will not operate in a bubble. This is because the BVI is the first stop for cruise ships on that line and passengers would have done two PCR tests on board to confirm their negative COVID status."

https://www.cruisehive.com/the-brit...pl2P_Z89-AHfVLJuBsgUtZLBndsdAUrKD8oRUBhPBcPM8From Oct 12: "The ships will be visiting more frequently in November with 15 calls from ships like Norwegian Encore and Norwegian Escape, Celebrity Edge, Disney Fantasy, and more. "

Not Disney specific but talks about cruises visiting Tortola again earlier this month:
http://www.virginislandsdailynews.c...iQp-b0hzlqP-G_YVuf8NzU5qz6AebrGPAsvMFtVZWyWKo
There is a FB group for the cruise with more discussion on it, too, if you're curious.
What does that mean “two PCR tests on board”?

What does that mean “two PCR tests on board”?
I wondered the same thing. The 11-and-under set will have had two tests but neither one on board. The rest of us won't.
You have to have two covid tests on board. PCR is one type, Antigen is the other.
Do you have some reference for that? Last I checked, the only test 12+ need to take is the one just before boarding. I don't believe that you're correct.

Do you have some reference for that? Last I checked, the only test 12+ need to take is the one just before boarding. I don't believe that you're correct.
I didn't post that, you posted that link in post # 4. I was just noting there are two kinds of tests, PCR and Antigen and you have to get the correct one.

I wondered the same thing. The 11-and-under set will have had two tests but neither one on board. The rest of us won't.

I dont follow this too closely as I dont sail until March, but dont under 12's need to take a PCR test w/in 3 days of boarding, then everyone, including the under 12's, takes an antigen test upon arrival?

I dont follow this too closely as I dont sail until March, but dont under 12's need to take a PCR test w/in 3 days of boarding, then everyone, including the under 12's, takes an antigen test upon arrival?
Yes, this is the current procedure. Also unvaccinated passengers are tested on-board for all cruises over 5 nights. They test the morning of the last full day.

I didn't post that, you posted that link in post # 4. I was just noting there are two kinds of tests, PCR and Antigen and you have to get the correct one.
I quoted the article, that's all. You wrote "You have to have two covid tests on board" - unless I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure you don't have to have any tests on board, if you're 12+.

I quoted the article, that's all. You wrote "You have to have two covid tests on board" - unless I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure you don't have to have any tests on board, if you're 12+.
No sure on Disney, but on other lines, yes now that I do some research.

I was reading an article about cruises visiting Tortola and it mentioned that Disney would not have to operate in a bubble with the current Eastern itinerary since Tortola is the first port of call. So the unvaccinated guests would meet the COVID testing protocols.

T Minus 9 days...

I am guessing still no change to the Eastern line up?

Counting the days until our eastern on the 28th but if this one goes (14th) I know I will be enjoying (positive test pending of course) a Painkiller at Jost VAN Dyke in due time...

The little things in life we can look forward to:thumbsup2

Still no changes! It's looking good at this point. I'll believe it 100% once we step foot on Tortola on the 17th but I'm pretty confident!
I am on this cruise with you and thankful that nothing has changed because we also were on the 10/2 Fantasy sailing that got altered from the Eastern sailing to the 4 night! Praying for no changes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter