• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 12, 2011 - Magical Double Dip!

FAVORITE THING TO DO ONBOARD~~~~~~~~

SPA SPA SPA SPA!!!!!! this cruise we are also planning on trying the mojito tasting! never done one, but love me a mojito!!!

Favorite thing to do on board --- has to be sitting by the pool, by myself, listening to music or reading a book...

Favorite thing to do on board (with my family) --the look on my children's faces when they see or hear something new to them....not to be cliche, but it's priceless!

(BTW -- thanks for those of you who have already responded to my FE dilemma!)

I just carved my pumpkins today! Of course it had to be Disney themed.

298135_2342712659283_1593969451_2294375_1852806846_n.jpg

my favorite thing to do is play Bingo. The cast members that host it are so much fun.party:
I want to go to the towel animal making class.:teacher:

Welcome, A-Person! I understand why you might not want to meet us :dance3: - but thanks for dropping by.

Those pumpkins are REALLY something. How many hours did that take?

I just carved my pumpkins today! Of course it had to be Disney themed.

298135_2342712659283_1593969451_2294375_1852806846_n.jpg

Those are AWSEOME!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Welcome, A-Person! I understand why you might not want to meet us :dance3: - but thanks for dropping by.

Those pumpkins are REALLY something. How many hours did that take?

Who us!!!??:rotfl:

I started it at 9:30 this morning and was finally done at 3:30.

Holy tornado!! What wonderful dedication! And it totally paid off!!!:goodvibes

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Recap of the questions asked so far.

1. Where are you coming from?

2. What 'odd' thing are you bringing with you? (other than spouses & kids)

3. would you be upset if our sailing was changed to an Eastern due to weather?

4. What seating is everyone in for dinner?

5. Palo Reservations? For when?

6. Who are your favorite Characters? (besides from your family members)

7. Are you dressing up for pirate night??????

8. What's your favorite thing to do onboard the ship as a family or by yourselves??

9. Kindle, Nook, or real books?

Today's question. Everyone looks forward to the first day lunch buffet. What will be on YOUR plate?

My answer is - tons of salad, a mountain of peel & eat shrimp, pickled mushrooms. And I'll go back for at least 3 desserts - one of which will be a chocolate chip cookie and one will be the hot "dessert of the day" with appropriate sauce. :) :)

My first love is the breakfast buffet! For lunch I'd love it if they had a build your own salad bar, I love the antipasti trays with the assorted cheeses and meats and love the so not healthy breads and rolls. I may just hit topsiders b/c the kids will want to get to the pool a.s.a.p. My dh has made it clear though that he is doing a sit down meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He's worked in restaurants for the past 20 years so he loves his dinning time! :woohoo:Excuse the grammar I reply from my cell

I didnt see the Kindle question! KINDLE all the way! I love reading and it is much easier to carry that thing around than 3 or 4 books. :)

As for the first day food... i really dont know. But I know peel and eat shrimp will be on there! :goodvibes

Oh wow! I just got back from weighing in at WW and lost 4.4 and just THINKING about the answer to this question gained it all back!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The shrimp, any salad that I didn't make is awesome and yes, the desserts....my deadly weakness....our onboard check in is between 2 & 3 so it might be a short lunch.....and the breakfast buffet....chocolate crousants...yum....

Is there actually a sit down lunch when you board? I never knew that!

Nico's favorite character is Mickey. Our stateroom is 5502 (I read that it can be noisy but we are so fortunate to be going they could put us in a closet and I would be happy).

I also weighed in at WW today and lost .8 lbs. I am so bummed, I busted my butt doing Zumba, spinning, and pilates and tracked what I ate. I guess I will have to work harder this week i'm running out of time...

Good Morning Fellow Cruise Peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Are you dressing up for pirate night??????

I love this part of the Disney Cruise and having the chance to all be pirates!!! So much fun!!!!!pirate:

pirate: We are dressing up for pirate night! pirate: Going all out. In fact, I just got back from the store today with the costumes (50% off day after Halloween!)

Do you wear your costume to dinner, or do you go back and change?:confused3

Nico's favorite character is Mickey. Our stateroom is 5502 (I read that it can be noisy but we are so fortunate to be going they could put us in a closet and I would be happy).

I also weighed in at WW today and lost .8 lbs. I am so bummed, I busted my butt doing Zumba, spinning, and pilates and tracked what I ate. I guess I will have to work harder this week i'm running out of time...

You're going to LOVE deck 5! The corridors are pretty much dead ends so there isn't any through traffic. VERY handy to the kids clubs. You *may* wind up with our favorite stateroom host GIL (pronounced Hill). I know he's somewhere in that area. AND when you walk aft on that deck, you can see out the windows, into the atrium. It's a wide walkway all the way to the back (handy elevator access to food in the back and the theatre in the front)

pirate: We are dressing up for pirate night! pirate: Going all out. In fact, I just got back from the store today with the costumes (50% off day after Halloween!)

Do you wear your costume to dinner, or do you go back and change?:confused3

Most people who dress wear their costumes to dinner - You may be able to capture a photo op with Jack Sparrow and the other charactors in their pirate gear.

My first love is the breakfast buffet! For lunch I'd love it if they had a build your own salad bar, I love the antipasti trays with the assorted cheeses and meats and love the so not healthy breads and rolls. I may just hit topsiders b/c the kids will want to get to the pool a.s.a.p. My dh has made it clear though that he is doing a sit down meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He's worked in restaurants for the past 20 years so he loves his dinning time! :woohoo:Excuse the grammar I reply from my cell

There is just such a thing! I LOVE sit down breakfast in Lumieres and try to do it at least once a cruise. I'm with your spouse - much prefer sit downs or plate buffets to Topsiders/BeachBlanket. The whole tray carrying thing feels like junior high to me.

7dwarfsfan - Parrot Cay has a nice lunch buffet, but it ends at 1:30, I think. If I had a 2 - 3 boarding time, I think I'd be there early for this cruise - like between noon & 1. It's just not going to be that crowded.

That is GREAT!! That is a loss :banana::banana::cool1: Celebrate! And your activity is to be celebrated too! I get up from the chair to the TV...my excuse is I'm just starting! ;) On deck four of the ship is where people walk the ship. A couple of us will be there....you can join us if you want!:woohoo:

7dwarfsfan - Parrot Cay has a nice lunch buffet, but it ends at 1:30, I think. If I had a 2 - 3 boarding time, I think I'd be there early for this cruise - like between noon & 1. It's just not going to be that crowded.

Thanks for the advice! Our flight arrives 11:40 so I'm hoping they will let us on around 1:00 when we get there...

It's the girlfirned's first real cruise and she's not as big of a Disney nut as I.

One question for more veteran cruisers on Disney, do you get any perks over the standard points if you use your Disney credit card for your onboard ship account?

:cheer2:Scassabria good for you! I have been weighing in Dailey and the scale is budging by ounces only to go up again a few days later:headache: I just don't want my pants/shorts (or in Boston.we say shots) to be too tight and hurt!

Is anyone doing a beach club in Grand Cayman? I was going to take the bus to the public beach but I think I want a chair and bathroom etc.....

Ayuh.

On the transatlantic, my hands down favorite things were the drawing classes offered by a Disney Animator, but that was a one time only thing - they're not on most cruises. Followed a close second by Dining with friends at Table 23. Followed by the wonderful spa treatment.
On

I like playing second fiddle, :charac2::charac2:from part of "Table 23", can't wait to see you again :woohoo::woohoo:

Don't be bummed...I give you kudos for weighing in and moving...I haven't made a meeting in a month and it's probably pointless at this point since we'll be leaving next week...CELEBRATE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter