November 12, 2011 - Magical Double Dip!

I didnt mean to worry anyone! haha We have just had a crazy year!!

I dont mind driving... Im one of those people who dont care how they get there, as long as they do! :rotfl: My grandparents are going to fly (my grandmother wont be able to sit for a 10 hour drive) and it depends on what day they leave that we will leave. One set of aunt and uncles is driving, and the other is flying! We will all get there, just at different times! :thumbsup2

We need to do something each day for a countdown....

we are driving up day of cruise not bad about 2 1/2 -3 hrs~~~ see everyone soon

we fly in on friday, i'm already on my second draft of my packing list. its sad that im the only one in my family who is so ocd about packing, and yet whos the one that never forgets anything (knock on wood)

We are flying in on Friday too and staying at the radisson at the port. I try to pack 3 color groups so we always match and do at least one load of laundry inboard. We use Tiffany car service:laundy:

We are driving to Biloxi on Thursday and then driving to Orlando on Friday. We usually drive the entire way in one day but decided to split it up this time. Also helps that we got the room in Biloxi for free.:woohoo:

We are driving over from Tampa. We are currently debating on getting a hotel the night before. Getting out of the house for a trip always leaves me a bit frazzled so I think it might be worth it to get that out of the way the day before.

I wish my DW and I had sewing talent!! :sad1: We have a real nice sewing machine!!! But neither of us know how to use it!!! :confused:

Do you have a JoAnn Fabrics near you? I took once class about 4 years ago. It covered the basics and how to read a pattern which was the most intimidating part for me. After that I've been able to do pretty much anything. I love youtube for tutorials if I'm trying to tackle something new. It is a team effort with DH. He's part engineer part surgeon so he helps me if I can't quite figure out how to construct something and his suturing skills come in handy. Now colors....that another story. haha

The Magic arrived back at 5:30 this morning after a smooth crossing. It was a totally lovely 15 day trip. We had lectures on every sea day from a professor who talked about the history, geography and people of the next port - very interesting and very well attended. We also had a couple presentations and then a drawing class every sea day by Stacia Martin, a 35 year Disney animator. Food was good for the most part, entertainment also. I lookforward to another great cruise in November!

Do you have a JoAnn Fabrics near you? I took once class about 4 years ago. It covered the basics and how to read a pattern which was the most intimidating part for me. After that I've been able to do pretty much anything. I love youtube for tutorials if I'm trying to tackle something new. It is a team effort with DH. He's part engineer part surgeon so he helps me if I can't quite figure out how to construct something and his suturing skills come in handy. Now colors....that another story. haha

We do have a Joann Fabrics near us so maybe we'll look into that!! I always get the thread binded up, and I don't know how to bep a steady line!! :confused3 Maybe it'll help!!!

The Magic arrived back at 5:30 this morning after a smooth crossing. It was a totally lovely 15 day trip. We had lectures on every sea day from a professor who talked about the history, geography and people of the next port - very interesting and very well attended. We also had a couple presentations and then a drawing class every sea day by Stacia Martin, a 35 year Disney animator. Food was good for the most part, entertainment also. I lookforward to another great cruise in November!

I am very much jealous you went on the 15 day Trans-Atlantic cruise!!! That is my dream vacation! :lovestruc When the 2nd set of aunt and uncle decided to go, they originally wanted to go in fall 2013 but I will be in college that year and hopefully cheering, so we wouldnt be able to do that. And that was one of my only reasons that I would trade for this double dip!

So jealous! I wanted to do the Hawaii 14-day cruise that they just released, but we have already planned another cruise on top of that one, :lmao:

My wife liked the info about the professor's lectures and the art classes, that sounds fun! Now I can probably sell her on one of these longer cruises, ;)

We are flying in on Friday too and staying at the radisson at the port. I try to pack 3 color groups so we always match and do at least one load of laundry inboard. We use Tiffany car service:laundy:

Hey we'll be at the Radisson too!:cool1: We should do a mini meet and greet by the pool just to say hi! We did that on our last cruise with DCL, it was real casual, just a hello I'm me you're you now we now each others names and faces :rotfl: It will be 13 of us staying there :banana:

We'll forgive you this time!! But you did have us worried!!! Glad all is ok and your back!! We fly down on Friday night and will be staying near the airport, all 9 of us!!! :banana:

You did a fantastic job picking up and grabbing the reins!! THANKS!!! :worship:

Thank you! :grouphug: I have enjoyed it! Can't wait for the meet & greet!!!:dance3:

we are driving up day of cruise not bad about 2 1/2 -3 hrs~~~ see everyone soon

Man I wish we were such a close drive to the port!:rolleyes:

for anyone who watches the port canaveral webcam - THE MAGIC IS BACK! :woohoo:

I watched it leave port yesterday:love: Can't wait to be on it!! So excited it's only 45 days til we leave for Florida yay!!:yay:

Hey everyone!! Just wanted to send out a quick reminder that our FE close date is this Saturday October 1st. PLEASE let me know if you're not currently participating and you would like to, let me know so I can add you before the cut off date!! :thumbsup2 Also if you need info changed or updated, just let me know as we go, same with cabin assignments, I can add that info up to one week before we sail. I will not have access to my computer beginning November 8th, so that will be the cutoff date for any changes that need to be made and are crucial such as cabin number changes. Please keep this in mind. The list will be posted for the final time on Tuesday November 8th so that people can print it out and have all the cabin numbers for FE's. If I am leaving anything out please mention it, I am sure just like the rest of you things are crazy at times, so any and all help is appreciated!! :grouphug:

I really cannot believe how close it is finally getting, we need to get this thread pumped up!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana: We are leaving for our Magical cruise so soon!!! Wooohooo!!:yay: Come on guys, who's with me!!!:woohoo:

I really cannot believe how close it is finally getting, we need to get this thread pumped up!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana: We are leaving for our Magical cruise so soon!!! Wooohooo!!:yay: Come on guys, who's with me!!!:woohoo:

WE'RE PUMPED!!! But there's just SOOOOOOOOOOOO much to do, and with our DS and DD's schedules we're trying to find time to get everything done!!!
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hey everyone!! Just wanted to send out a quick reminder that our FE close date is this Saturday October 1st.

I almost forgot!!!

Please add Debbie, Felix and Alicia (age 9) to the FE, I don't have their room number right now!!

And my DMIL and her Husband want in on the FE's to!! Janice (aka "Mimi") and Russ (aka "Poppy"), and I don't have their cabin number but will get them soon!!

:thanks: Thanks again for handling all this!!! :thanks:

:disrocks: :rockband: party:

I almost forgot!!!

Please add Debbie, Felix and Alicia (age 9) to the FE, I don't have their room number right now!!

And my DMIL and her Husband want in on the FE's to!! Janice (aka "Mimi") and Russ (aka "Poppy"), and I don't have their cabin number but will get them soon!!

:thanks: Thanks again for handling all this!!! :thanks:

:disrocks: :rockband: party:

Got them all added!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Headrickx5:
#6612 Missy, Greg, DD16 Chappel (DISNAME: i<3castawaycay123,) DD13 Chloe, DS9 Cole
#6614 Wilmer, Elmer (Parents of Headrickx5)
#6604 Stefanie, Codi, & DD6 Anna Rae (SIL, BIL & DN of Headrickx5)
#???? Barry, Vicki, DN14Ellis, & DN12 Jed

mickeymick1967
#6542 Jackie, Harry, DD13 Justine, DS9 Braeden

Davisdenyel:
#5129 & 5131 Denyel, Scott, DS12 Brandon, DD7 Hailey, DD5 Julia
#5127 DMom Gwen, DH Shorty, & DSis10 Bethany
#5139 DSis Candice & DD6 Caidence

jenkh:
#6134 Jen & DMom

officereg:
#6504 Sara, TJ, DS13 Collin, DD2 Peyton

babybun:
#7003 Lisa, Paul, DD16 Kelly

Jgillfamilymtairymd:
#2606 DHJim, DWMaureen, DS11Griffin, DD3Teaghan

Disneydreamer82:
#2015 Holley & DH Chris
#2021 DDad Melvin & DStepMom Sherry

Scottjm:
#???? DH, DW,, DS13, DD10

KCB911:
#???? Kristi, Jake, DD5 Lauren, DS3 Lane

Scarlett24:
#2638 & 2640 Mary, Jamie, DS8 James, DD5 Sienna, DD2 Lilah

Disneystowaway:
#????

Splashmommy:
#2116 DW, DH, & DS9

~Brandy~:
7537 Brandy, DH, DD7 Katie, DD6 Kieran

mollygirl13 :
#7064 Molly & DH

Plutoluvsfifi:
#???? DH Mark & DW Linda

HELPDESKGUY:
#2638 DH Nate, DW Raya, DD8 Maya, DD7 Gabriella

Lostboys:
#2626 DH Jim, DW Lynette, DD18 Stephanie

Iskig8s:
#???? DW Beth, DH Robert, DS11 & DD9

Japeer:
#???? Jill, Chris, DD 4 Emily, & DD 2 Allison

JandJDisneyLove:
#6015 DW Jen & DH Jason

kaytea06:
#6576 DW Kathy & DH John
#6574 Jerry (Kathy’s Dad), Karen (Kathy’s DSis), and Harold (Kathy’s DNephew)

FE Participants: Remember the FE’s officially close October 1st :goodvibes

*BuckeyePrincess:
#6608 Cassandra, DH Justin, DD2 Carrington, DS 11.5 months

*7DwarfsFanNY: (Disney Chix)
#7006 MaryJo, Kim, & Cindy
#7004 Gayle, Roz, &Lynne

*rescuetink:
#2094 DH David, DW Wendy, DD4 Shelby Rae, & DS7 Hunter
#???? Debbie, Felix, DD9 Alicia
#???? Janice (Mimi) & Russ (Poppy)

*WELOVEMICKEY:
#2071 Tara, DH Mike, DS7 Tommy, DS3 Alex, DS1 Danny
#2073 Mike’s Parents Dennis & Jo Ellen

*TheM&Mboys:
#5520 Jeanne, Jon, DS8 Matthew, & DS7 Michael

*Lisalisalisa:
#???? Lisa, Andy, DS9 Josh, DS7 Charlie, & DS3 Zachary

*Ruley3:
#2017 & # 2019 April, Robert, DS16 Layne, DS7 Lance, & DD4 Layla

*DindelsPA:
#7631 Karen, Ed, DD12 Patricia
#7629 Missy, Danielle (DstepDS of DindelsPA)

*LindaBabe:
#7063 Linda & Bruce

*FireFly01:
#8582 DH David, DW Bobbie Lynn, DD2 Savannah

*Jlindemer:
#???? DW, DH, DS9, & DS8

*jbwork:
#2131 Jason, Robyn, DS4 Matt, DD4 Ying

*lexiconjoe:
#2611 DH Joe, DW Danielle, DD17 Tesa, DD11 Shayln

*richelletaranto1:
#???? DH Jim, DW Richelle, DD9 Bella, DS5 Sam

*bunny:
#???? DW Jane, DH Greg, DS13 Ben, DS8 Josh

*memphismickey & TNGoofy:
#???? Karen(memphismickey) & Pam (TNGoofy)

Gift Exchange Info

Meet & Greet in the Promenade Lounge Deck 3 at 3:00pm on Embarkation Day!!!!
We will meet in the Promenade Lounge at 3:00pm before the muster drill and sail-away to get to know one another briefly, put names to faces, and for those of you who would like to participate, we will also have a gift exchange! If you are participating in the gift exchange please be in the Promenade Lounge no later than 3:15. We will begin drawing names at that time!!!

Here's how it works:
Each family will bring a small gift to represent the area they are from, aka their hometown/state For example you could bring something from a local store like maybe a trinket from an artist in your hometown or if you are into sports bring something to represent your favorite home team. Last cruise on DCL, the gift I received was from a very sweet lady from Texas, she brought some local spices & coffee, along with a little Texas BBQ cookbook. It was really cool! It's just a simple gift nothing extravagant, that is unless you wanna give me a free cruise

No seriously just something light and fun!!

At the meet & greet, I will have name-tags to hand out where we will put our DIS name along with our real name, so that we can identify one another easily Then for each person or family who has brought a gift, when you come in find me, I will be handing out some lei's & up at the bar looking like I am in charge : Also I'll be wearing a name-tag At that point I'll write down your name & put it into a bowl/hat for the drawing part. I will also jot your name down on a list of who is actually participating in the exchange. That way everyone who brings a gift will receive one in return You hang onto your gift and have a seat, get to know some other people, have a drink, just relax : )

Around 3:30pm, which should give everyone enough time to mosey on down, we will begin the exchange I will call a name from the list and that person will come up pull a name from the drawing pool and exchange gifts with the person whose name they have drawn.

Very simple lots of fun and it ensures that each person who brings shall receive And no one is pressured into bringing something, it's completely up to each family, but please do come and hang out with us either way!!!

Can't wait! It's gonna be sooooo much fun!!

Hey guys I organized the Fe's by deck number to make it easier, sort of like a map. Chek it out make sure all your info is right.:thumbsup2

FE’s by Deck

Deck 2
2017: ruley3
2019: ruley3
2071: WELOVEMICKEY
2073: WELOVEMICKEY
2094: rescuetink
2131: jbwork
2102: MemphisMickey & TNGoofy
2611: lexiconjoe

Deck 5
5520: TheM&Mboys

Deck 6
6608: Buckeyeprincess

Deck 7
7004: 7Dwarf’sFanNY
7006: 7Dwarf’sFanNY
7063: LindaBabe
7629: DindelsPA
7631: DindelsPA

Deck 8
8582: FireFly01

Need cabin numbers for the following FE Participants 

Rescuetink just the 2 additional cabin numbers in your group

Jlindemer

Lisalisalisa

Richelletaranto1

bunny

Please let me know as you get your cabin numbers so I can update them, also if anyone needs their cabin number updated even if you are not participating in the FE’s please just let me know! Thanks for helping me out!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter