• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 11, 2006 - MAGIC - Special Western "Double Dip" Cruise 11/11/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Wendy jersey :welcome: You are an official Diser now. You have joined a great bunch of people. I will add you to the navigator and when you get a cabin# I will hightlight it. As you can tell there are a lot of things going on. Wristband (I am gonna scrapbook mine when it is over), a tag game of sorts and a couple meets. I hope to see you at chat on Tuesday.

Jackie..when are you sending in the order? Tomorrow?

Welcome Wendy Jersey! Any friend of Dee's is a friend o'mine! ::yes::

Dee, I'm going to order the wrist bands from work tomorrow. I will have a hunk of leftovers in each size, so there will be some available for latecomers etc. When the order comes in I'll start PMing people to get their address and give them mine for payment. Plus I'll get to practice with my digital camera and downloading pics on to the computer!

I'll be doing a bit of TV watching next week as most of NBC's new shows premiere...so I have to check them out. I will tell you all that I've seen the first episode of Studio 60 and it was great (Monday 10/9Central).

Well, I'm off to rummage through the closet some more and see what fits!

WendyJersey said:
Hello all :wave: I am part of the faireygod mother group. :wizard: I have been reading the posts off and on now for about a year and have enjoyed all of the insight everyone has given. :thumbsup2 I am hoping that I will be able to meet you all sometime during the trip. See everyone soon
welcome

Buying wedding dress flower girl dresses and renting tuxes today, along with reroofing MAN TOWN. Man I am ready to go. I need a massage and a good swim in the ocean.

Hi, Just checked out the list of prizes for the Year of a million dreams. There are some great cruises being given away. The Walter & Roy suites, eastern, western & cross atlantic cruises, Along with alot of other great prizes. No one dreams like Disney.... :cool1:

Jackie..I need to do the same thing. I am to tired today to drag stuff out, but I realize we are running out of time. As for the ictures. Good luch becaue this computer illiterate gave up trying to post a photo.

Nani..is it getting cool up there. It sure is here in Virginia. I am going to need to put away the shorts soon. We have been able to shut the air off and open the windows a couple days this week. Ahh the only thing better than fresh air is..yup you guys guessed it...Fresh sea air. I am so ready for this cruise.

Miatamel...Well off to get ready for the start of the Amazing Race. 30 minutes to go. I have already checked out the bios and will probably hold off on choosing a team till next week. Keep me posted on your thoughts. I am very excited about my "Birthday Amazing Race" next weekend. I am paired with my son and am hoping to beat my DH and his son, My Dsis and her DH and my neice and her DH. I will have to let you know how it goes. Thank goodness the bungee jumping has closed down or she was gonna make that a challenge. :bitelip:

Dee - The weather is still nice in the day but getting chilly at night. It's ok I know we don't cruise until it gets cold here so I say bring it on! :) Ill warm up at Castaway Cay. As far as the Amazing Race goes, no favorites yet but some clear not so favorites are emerging!! And why cook the whole fish if you only eat the eyes ! :confused3 Ok comercial is over got to go.....

Good evening all. Thank you for your warm welcome. I have heard nice things about this group :thumbsup2 from a certain faireygod mother, :wizard: who will remain nameless.
I hope I will get a chance to meet all of you on the cruise.
I was wondering about the posts regarding wristbands and boas. :confused3 Is this somethingyou will use so that you all can recognize each other? I will inquire about this and other things on the Tuesday Chat.
ibouncetoo---having a friend like Dee is so much more than you can imagine. I have learned that over the years. She is :rolleyes1 "F-a-m-i-l-y" :rolleyes1
Well let me run.... counting the hours :hourglass until the cruise

Jackie- our group needs to order 2 more adult sized green bracelets.

We've had a busy weekend here! Our Elk Grove cruise group got together today to have a "pre-cruise" get together. We watched DCL's planning video, the video I made from our last cruise, discussed all options for activities on Castaway Cay... you name it. Needalatte and I tried to answer as many questions as we could for the friends cruising with us who have never been on DCL. I distributed some door decor I'd made for our group, and gave all the kids silicone pirate bracelets that I picked up at DL a few months ago.

We bought DH some nice (non-laytex) snorkel gear on Sat. In fact we are still trying to find an inexpensive set to purchase for DS 10, so that we don't have to rent him some at the adult prices from DCL. I may even buy my own snorkel tube (I like the new ones with the nice water purge system so that you don't have to blow the water all the way back up and out the tube).

Now the only major stress left is to get DH a new job before the cruise! His current position is at high risk, and he needs to find something else SOON! Nothing like some real life stress to distract you from all the of fun cruise planning (I'd like to live in the denial land, and continue to enjoy the cruise planning). :rolleyes:

Dee and Nani,
LOVED the friends from Alabama (Lyn and Carlyn?), the Kentucky couple (gotta stay true to the Southerners! plus they were polite and kind in China) and the Korean brothers seem nice and pleasant. I wish they'd quit doing the models/beauty queens/actors/cheerleader thing. Normal people, please! Oh! And the father/daughter team raced very well, too. Challenges were good--might be a great season again (finally!)
Melanie
ETA: I SO could not have done that wall climb--NO upper body strength. Very admirable of the amputee-very difficult to watch at first.
ETA II: I had no preconceived notions about the teams--my dialup is too slow to do the bio thing.

Oh Wendy, we are going through the same scare here with my son. His position is ending 10/31 and they just bought a new house, 2 new cars and had a new baby. No stress there. LOL I am trying to believe it will all work out. I hope the same for you. Maybe he will find a position where he will not have to travel so much. My fingers are crossed for you guys.

Wendyjersey. the wrist bands and boas are just as you suspected, recognition. The lime green is the Dis color. We can pick up the lime green boa here for you if you want. It is not a big and feathery as some, it is more furry like a powder puff. Just say the word.

miatamel said:
Dee and Nani,
LOVED the friends from Alabama (Lyn and Carlyn?), the Kentucky couple (gotta stay true to the Southerners! plus they were polite and kind in China) and the Korean brothers seem nice and pleasant. I wish they'd quit doing the models/beauty queens/actors/cheerleader thing. Normal people, please! Oh! And the father/daughter team raced very well, too. Challenges were good--might be a great season again (finally!)
Melanie
ETA: I SO could not have done that wall climb--NO upper body strength. Very admirable of the amputee-very difficult to watch at first.
ETA II: I had no preconceived notions about the teams--my dialup is too slow to do the bio thing.

I loved this episode. I was shocked that two people were eliminated. I really felt bad for them both. I do like the couple from KY. They are down home country folk, just plain old good people. The ladies from Al were initally getting on my nerve, but they have been humbeled and now I can deal with them. I do not have a favorite yet.

Nani..I agree. The fish eye delicacy was over the top, why cook the hole fish. Seemed like a waste. Seems like you could just cook the head and eat the eyes. Maybe we did not get the whole picture. Maybe there is someone who is more familar with China that can explain that.

shelwoj said:
Forget the boas, we were looking at corsets for the two of you on pirate night. Melanie and I will be the pirates pirate: and you guys would be the wenches! :hippie: Oh and you could wear your boots with the outfit, wouldn't want you to look weird or anything! ;) (Bob likes to wear his hiking boots with everything!)

Shelly you have to find three because If Dave and I are wearing them than I think you DS Mike will need to wear one also... :rotfl: :cool1: :rotfl2: pirate: Its only fair..... and you know I can't leave home without my boots I would feel soooooo naked :Pinkbounc :smooth: :woohoo: :yay:

miatamel said:
Dee and Nani,
Melanie

I was getting tired of Rob & Kimberly the" just scream at each other for doing it wrong couple" I was surprised two teams were gone to, that means when you really want one to leave it will be a non elimination round! The challenges were tough, next week previews looked good, see there are some good things about winter, new TV to watch. :happytv: and cruises to plan :wave:

Thanks Dee. DH is looking into a new position within the same company. Hiring manager is out until Tuesday, but that gives him time to update his resume. If he gets this new position, he may be able to go back to school and finish his master degree. If he doesn't get it, we are still hoping to have something definite before cruise time. BTW... we are still cruising, the trip is already paid in full, and 2 out of 3 of my boys will be out of school. We've been planning this thing for 18 months, we HAVE to go :woohoo:

Wendy, I wish him good luck. My DS is doing the same thing. It is difficult when you rely on the government somtimes. Hope this is not effecting your DH as well. Fingers crossed for them both. No matter what we WILL all be on this cruise.

Isn't this a fantastic photo?! It was taken by DISer Captchris. It's the space shuttel Atlantis taken from inside the DCL terminal!

CruiseVacation2006021.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter