• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 11, 2006 - MAGIC - Special Western "Double Dip" Cruise 11/11/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibouncetoo: I only saw the Saturday dinner reservation open for palos but I only checked 2x -- not planning on Palo's this trip and only checked out of curiosity.

michelle9343: We are doing the stingray excursion on Sunday at noon. :)

Sorry to everyone who didn't get palo reservations :(

ibouncetoo,

I'm game for 2 of the large wristbands. Do we PM you now on the money / mailing address details?

No need for PM's and $ exchanges yet. Don't worry, when I've placed the order I'll hunt you down! ;)

I won't place the order for a good while yet....want to give plenty of time for everyone to see the post, as many of our cruise-mates don't visit the thread as compulsively as I do.

Wow - this site is great. I have lurked for some time now and got some great info. We are on this cruise with 13 other families!! Approximately 45 people! Crazy, huh? A little concerned about pulling my son out of school for that long but the peer pressure from our friends did me in! First Disney cruise for us! :cool1: So far we all bought lime green Disney shirts to wear on Castaway Cay. :thumbsup2 We are also going down early to do 3 days of Disney before the cruise!

Made ressies 3 a.m.! UGGGH I thought it was midnight then realized my error, couldn't fall asleep, then after I finalized them I couldn't fall back to sleep until 5:30 a.m.! So I only got about 3 hours of sleep. :surfweb:

Ressies made for Stingray, Banana Boat, tubes, Jungle Bike Adventure (hubby and son, I'm no fool) and thinking about renting snorkel equipment. Any info or suggestions regarding these excursion are much appreciated! :)

I am really getting excited now!

Momsrule27, Welcome :welcome: Looks like we have lots of DISers who are part of large groups!

I've done Castaway Rays Stingray Adventure.....it was lots of fun. I loved the rays swimming between my legs as they waited their turn on the feeding table...like a pack of kitty-cats!

Welcome Char (and crew)! :cool1: I'm sure your group will have a blast!

Well, today's the day... oldest DS started Jr. Hi. :thumbsup2 I can't wait until he gets home and tells me all about how tough it is, how long the homework will take him, and who bugs him the most in his classes :teeth:
At least that's what I expect he will tell me... :rotfl: even if he has fun, I likely won't hear about that until at least tomorrow or the next day! I helped hand out class schedules today, and I did see tons of his friends, so maybe some of them are on his "team." Our JrHi has over 1800 kids, and they group them into teams that stay together for the whole two years (meaning his team will all have humanities, math, and science classes together for the next 2 years). They mix up the teams for PE and electives. Each day they have 4 90 minute classes, so they go through the material pretty quickly. I am glad he got the more difficult rotation of classes this first term, so that when he misses school next term for 6 days for our cruise he will be missing only 2 of his core classes as well as PE and computer technology. :woohoo:

Well, I start my teaching job back up again tomorrow, so I'd better go get some work done to prepare. Have a great Monday everyone!

Peg and Jackie- Check out pg 4 of firstmickeys trip report for cool photos of the cozumel dolphin swim. :thumbsup2

Vanvmom said:
Peg and Jackie- Check out pg 4 of firstmickeys trip report for cool photos of the cozumel dolphin swim. :thumbsup2

Oh, I saw that already, it was great, but thanks for mentioning it here as we should make sure PANDAMOM sees it. Think that will get her attention?

Welcome Char!!!!!The ship seems like it will be half full with our Dis group :thumbsup2 . I have done the Sting Ray on CC and have it booked again for this trip .
Wendy
Hope your son had a good first day. I am sure he probaly wont tell you it was good but I am sure you'll know.
I feel like all I can do is think about this cruise

Welcome Char and group. You have joined a great bunch of people. We chat on Tuesdays with AIM if you are interested.

Did anyone notice that we finally hit 200 pages? We are rapidily approaching 3000 posts as well.

Jackie..thanks for this morning. I was exhausted all day and all I could think was it was for nothing. At least I got to spend it with you. :goodvibes

Hey all! I'll try and help us work towards that 3000 post goal.

Had some issues here with ressies. Even though I paid the cruise off, wedding costs (the paperwork for which won't even be sent to DCL until October) have been tacked on to my room already and have blocked me from making ANY reservations, kids club registrations, etc. NADA. Plus DCL told my TA that the wedding costs were due by 9/12. Needless to say, I had to watch the 3:00 a.m. mark pass and wait to turn in a list to the wedding coordinator so her team could call DCL and handle things for me. So far it appears I got the excursions I wanted (saw them online) as well as my spa stuff - they're just not exactly when I'd hoped for them to be. Have gotten no word from the coordinator yet for Palo or the kids clubs or my salon appt but we're hoping that the priority seating that comes with my wedding wll be allowed to extend to brunch since we have turned down the Palo dinner (not missing lobster night).

We are in on the bracelets....just need to look at the info and determine sizes. Already turned in button info. Working on lime green shirts. Found some really good deal at the Disney outlet online....got some goodies....

Jeanna came up and saw me last weekend....had a great time. Learned I really suck at miniature golf but I'm not too bad at darts and my dart throwing seems to actually IMPROVE with beer!!!

73 days until we head to Florida (or thereabouts)....75 until I'm technically an old married woman...80 days until the ceremony...wow how time has flown!

Welcome to all the newbies.....can't wait to meet you all at the DISmeet!

Oh....need to get in on the DISers Navigator and etc. Fill me in on what else I'm forgetting......

count us in for bracelets...2 adult, 1 child, and 1 little child

you can highlight our cabin too! 5013!!!!

we are getting so excited....i cannot wait for our cruise...i still have so much to do!!! i need to make door signs and lose about 100 pounds...i think i can get it all done though!!!

Thought I would share that they had the Crocs featured on our new tonight. Nothing but good things about them and they are great for diabetics as well. Have to mention that to my Mil.

Hey Kris...long time no hear. Glad things are progressing for you on the big plans.

txaggie94gigem said:
...i still have so much to do!!! i need to make door signs and lose about 100 pounds...i think i can get it all done though!!!

Two things we're still working on ::yes:: Though I'll be content with another 20 off by cruise time ;) I was hauling a 20 lb box of kitty litter through the store tonight and it did help me realize how much better I'd feel 'dumping' that!

Jackie..thanks for this morning. I was exhausted all day and all I could think was it was for nothing. At least I got to spend it with you

As our pal :goofy:would say "Garsh..... :blush:" Thank goodness it was one of those rare 'light' days at work. It's 9:30 now and I'm heading off to bed.

Had A TEAM MEETING with our group our Saturday. I have no more information than I had on Friday, but it was a good time to have a couple drinks and laugh a lot.
I did finish the new DCL book which is all of the DCL web site, Nav., The Passporter (the pages were starting to rip so I photo copied it and put in my 3 ring binder) the add on ro The Passporter book, our schedule, any information I find on our excursions, Maps planed route, and since we are driving and my not book is on the fritz just about all the restaurants that I wouldn't mind stopping at on the drive down.
Like I said I am planning super freak.
Oh our hotel info and restaurants around the hotel. Every one laughs at THE BOOK until they need it than all I hear is do you still have that Disney Book?

Jeanna came up and saw me last weekend....had a great time. Learned I really suck at miniature golf but I'm not too bad at darts and my dart throwing seems to actually IMPROVE with beer!!!

How funny is that? The night I met my wife I was at a club Drinking away my problems (long depressing story) and they (DWs Best friend and her) were there playing darts and they asked us if we wanted to play (My army buddy and I) IT was the one and only time I have had Jack Daniels. My Dart game go better with every drink and I tried with my eyes closed and wow hit what ever spot I was thinking of. Most people around were pretty scared and when it was my turn all but my DW would hide behind the wall (ok she was hiding too sometimes. Silly girl little did she know than that she would spend most of her time with my hiding. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: The story is a lot longer and much funnier but it is defiantly not G rated! But it is funny. :lmao:

Devin...you are my kind of planner. I even made one of those binders for each family in my group. They joke me as well, but I noticed on more than one occassion they were in it looking for something.

This time I am letting them all flounder. Oh yeah, and I am gonna hide as well becasue I am already getting a ton of questions. Then I will get the last laugh :stir: Gosh it is not even Halloween and I am in full costume. :rotfl2:

That felt good to say that, now all I have to do is practice it. :rotfl2: Anyone who knows me, knows that will not happen. Darn it, I want to learn to be mean once in a while. ;)

Oh yea I spent 2 hour at work Photo copying sunday night. I made 3 other copies and did theres two sided. (less paper and smaller binders) My DW one is in a 6 inch binder.
I was going to do that my self but we have friends going and I wouldn't do that till them. :rotfl2:

michelle9343 said:
Pandamom and Shelly
when are you doing the sting ray encounter? I guess the line for Palo ressie once we board will be long with all of us in it.

I booked our Stingray Adventure for Sunday at 12:00. I figured, we may as well start the cruise off with a bang! That is the only excursion we have so come the end of the week we can just relax and whine about going home.

:tinker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter