• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 11, 2006 - MAGIC - Special Western "Double Dip" Cruise 11/11/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
TiggersPal said:
So, how many neighbors were watching and inhailing heavily while the house burned? Also, just curious - but did the change shifts at the fire house afterwards....or did the guys all go out and eat?:rotfl2: :goodvibes :rotfl:

So funny, Jackie! I was picturing the impromptu block party Wendy's neighborhood must have had. What a strange way to start the day!

Carolyn

ibouncetoo said:
Who else is doing the "Southwest Airlines watch" for November to show up in their booking window? :scratchin :bored: Man, I gotta get on those THE DAY they open up....don't want to be spending $400 each for this trip...(though that's what I budgeted for). Every penny saved off that airfare is more $$ for FUN STUFF.

We're very fortunate on this front. We've decided to drive down to save some bucks. I have a company car, so our trip down will be made free of charge. :thumbsup2 It would have been far more convenient to fly, but like you said...more $$ for FUN STUFF! :thumbsup2 :)

clynne said:
So funny, Jackie! I was picturing the impromptu block party Wendy's neighborhood must have had. What a strange way to start the day!

Carolyn

Can't take credit for that...that was Peggy's post ;)

Jackie, thanks for posting the link for the CC pictures. The shirts and totes look cute.

Starting Tuesday, Dh and I will be in orlando for 4 days for a conference at a Universal Resort. I'll be on my own during the day and so far, I am not planning on going to WDW b/c it doesn't sound fun to do alone. (Plus, the summer crowds....) However, it gives me pain to think about being in Orlando without actually going, so we'll see... :confused3

Still NOT planning on doing US, eventhough our hotel is connected. It doesn't interest me. We'll explore Citywalk at night though.

Jennifer

Strange that we didn't smell any smoke from the fire... guess it was all inhaled by the time it got to my house. Actually, the fire was contained to the garage and circuit breaker box outside the house. Firefighters soon discovered the "farm"and started watching for traps that might have been set. Everyone came out safe, and fire was out within a half hour or so. I'm sure there are some druggies in withdrawl from the loss of their plants. Too bad, so sad... well, not really!

Jake's promotion ceremony went well (all sort of awards and his speech went well too). :woohoo: I'll miss seeing some of the kids next year as some kids that Jake hangs with are going to a different Middle School than he is. Guess it's all part of the growth process. Well, we're off to celebrate with dinner out with friends, then he needs to pack for camp. Talk to you all soon.

Hi! I'm back!!!

ok...i love to plan but planning 2 cruises and a trip to DL was a little much so last month i had to drop almost everything and focus on my DL trip....but now i'm back and ready to cruise!!!!! i keep having dreams about cruising so i hope times flies...

count me in for the buttons and bracelets...

we are another family that is staying at the new residence inn...i am glad i made my resie a few months ago...i have heard prices have now gone up by about $30-40/night....we will be driving....i know it takes longer but 4 of us can drive for about $400, way cheaper than airfare these days....

now i have to go look at the navigators and start planning!!!

I remember someone talking about meeting on Friday before the cruise. I too will be driving down (I think) I plan on getting there a day at least before so I can recover from the drive (I drive right no stopping through) I have family in Orlando. Well she works in Orlando one week a month and has an n apt. there that we can use. I was wondering where and when the get together was. ) Anyway I have a B-day party for one of DDs friends soon so I don't have time to look. Thanks.
I want to thank all of you for your messages following my Wife’s Grandmothers passing. She was really grateful for all your kind words.

Oh yea my Sister in-law and her family are booked finally. So that is six more.

Hi, I'm finally biting the bullet and jumping in here. My name is Betsy and I am Wendy's friend (one of them, anyway). My family is one of many who will be traveling with the Van V's in November from CA. DH is Larry, DS, 11, is Eric, and this will be our second DCL cruise.

I peeked at your thread last summer when we first rebooked for this date, but the number of pages you already had scared me off. Silly me, I should have realized it would only get longer, and if it was scary then...but better late than never.

I'm a third grade teacher, DH is an engineer, I'm not sure what else you need to know, but we're excited to be joining you and can't wait until November!

If you all are having troubles loggin in or posting replys....don't panic...it's the DIS,not your computer....NO you haven't been banned! Tech support is working on it.

You may be able to post using 'quick reply (the little note pad just to the right of the quote option on the bottom of someone's post).

HI BETSY! Glad to see you 'showing up'. Just jump right in and start jabbering away!

Your family is doing the David & Ivan Mayan Ruins tour too, right? You know, we should get a head-count for this puppy....seems like there are a lot of us booked ::yes::

ibouncetoo said:
HI BETSY! Glad to see you 'showing up'. Just jump right in and start jabbering away!

Your family is doing the David & Ivan Mayan Ruins tour too, right? You know, we should get a head-count for this puppy....seems like there are a lot of us booked ::yes::

Our family is doing what ever ruins tour our TA (AKA Wendy) booked for us. So wherever they're going, we're going. We make three to add to the list, and thanks for the welcome! I've heard you're a fun group-thanks for welcoming our family, too.

Vanvmom said:
Strange that we didn't smell any smoke from the fire. . .

When I read this, it reminded me of Bill Clinton's famous quote, "I did not inhale."

Yeah, sure, right.

Woody

ibouncetoo said:
If you all are having troubles loggin in or posting replys....don't panic...it's the DIS,not your computer....NO you haven't been banned! . . .

Jackie, thanks for the info. I thought I was banned for that last 24 hours -- and I could not figure out why.

Woody

ibouncetoo said:
. . . Your family is doing the David & Ivan Mayan Ruins tour too, right? You know, we should get a head-count for this puppy....seems like there are a lot of us booked ::yes::

Jackie,

DW and I are booked on David & Ivan's tour. Please include us in the headcount. Thanks.

If the entire tour group is from the Magic, I wonder if they could pick us up at the port?

Woody

Woody, I wouldn't be surprised if they picked us all up from the port (I know that they have done that at least once before when there were 3 ships in port that day). It's got to be ALL Magic people as I'm coming up with over 30 booked:

NATIVE CHOICE MAYAN RUINS TOUR:*

Jackie & Peggy
Woody & DW
Wendy & Tim, DS 13, 10, 6
Betsy & Larry & DS11
3rd family traveling with Wendy 2 Adults, 2 Kids
4th family traveling with Wendy 2 Adults, 2 Kids
Linda, Ed, Sarah, Debbie
Pat & Tom
Carolyn & Brent DS8, DD5
Dee....group of 14
Karen, Jerry, DS13, DD9, DGM
Becky, Mick, Jack & Lisa
also....not checked into this thread...PrincessCindi's party of 7

That's 61. Did I forget anybody?
*are any of you doing the longer version with the lunch with a local family?

While I'm at it....COZUMEL ROYAL DOLPHIN SWIM 2PM

Peggy & Jackie
Pandamom and DD8

anybody else want to join us and play with the dolphins? Pandamon's DH & DS will be doing the Dolphin Encounter at 12P...anybody else doing that?

OK now....who's up for PARASAILING AT CC - SUN 11/12?

Jackie & Peg(?)
Wendy & Friend & 2DS(?)
Nicci & DH

I really want to do this...Peg are you going to? Don't know what time to select, but do want to do it the fisrt stop at CC ('cause the second one is gonna be all about relaxing ::yes:: ). Who's with me on this....? Let's do in in the AM.

I have one more thing to say...but I'll do it in a new post.

Edited: tour list. Dee...how many in your group are booked?

dclmoving.gif
5 MONTHS...WE CRUISE!
dclmoving.gif

:cheer2: :grouphug: :sail: :drinking1 :rockband: :boat: :woohoo: :cool1: popcorn:: :music: ::MickeyMo

...........TWENTY TWO WEEKS AND COUNTING! ........

Which day is the Mayan ruins tour? Cozumel or Costa Maya? Is there any room left on the tour? Dh and Ds (8) would probably like to go. I think the long drive and the heat would be too much (for it is too pleasant to travel with) younger Ds. He and I might have a ship day.

My DS (8) is very interested in foreign cultures and history, etc. I was thinking of taking him to Chankabaan to see the 'fake' ruins b/c I thought the real ruins were too far. Now, I don't know if Chankabaan will be open--or if they will have ruins if they are open.

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter