• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 1, 2008 "Election Day Castaways!"

You are too funny !! I am actually going to give them to my Dad/Brother for an early Christmas gift. They have had Season Tix for years and they were Freaking out this A.M. when I talked them about scalping tix etc....I didn't have heart to watch them spend $500 each on tix when I had 2 chances for some at cost.
I am such a great daughter/sister....:lmao:

IF I won 'Skins tickets I am not so sure that I would share them w/ any of my siblings :rolleyes1

Was in 10th grade for 1980's world series, the "babies" I work with, just remember 1993 series. DH woke up at 5am went to Models by 7am and home by 7:30 with our shirts. DD could wear hers to school today because of school pictures. Co-workers had to double read date and stated to laugh. Could not beleive we had the shirts. DH co-worker told him that he was glad he was correctly dressed for the day.:lmao:
Will try to avoid having to see a washing machines for 10 days, hoping to wait until we get home(that means during wash on birthday-better than going in to work).
Who is trick-or treating at Downtown Disney? :hippie:
Go Phillies!!! Let the parade planning begin!

My first post on the DIS Boards!! My wife, daughter and I will be taking our first cruise on the election day/Jersey week cruise. Can't wait to be staring at the open seas. Look forward to meeting you all!!

:beach:

My first post on the DIS Boards!! My wife, daughter and I will be taking our first cruise on the election day/Jersey week cruise. Can't wait to be staring at the open seas. Look forward to meeting you all!!

Welcome aboard !!! 2 weeks from today and I am at the airport at this exact time !!

Who is trick-or treating at Downtown Disney? :hippie: !

Well, we plan to be AT Downtown Disney on the 31st, but we will be cleverly costumed as people excited to go on a cruise in the morning ;)
I have not liked halloween since I was a kid and worked like crazy on these "Beautiful" cardboard fairy wings and a headband with some sort of fairyish thing on it, and had to wear my coat and winter hat trick or treating.
Well, then I was just a girl in a dress with a coat and hat on.
I was SOOO mad at my mom!

IF I won 'Skins tickets I am not so sure that I would share them w/ any of my siblings :rolleyes1

Well, don't give me all credit. I started thinking in this fashion.... O.K. this is Phila....traffic is going to be god awful getting into CBP for game, so gotta leave no later than oh I don't know...2pm?! I work until 2pm. I would have to find someone to watch DS7 which is frankly impossible in my family, they have careers..blah blah. Anyway. Get to game, have to buy food/beer etc. O.K. another $75. Parking probably around $20. Sit through game and get out of CBP to car somewhere around 12mid. Get into car and finally hit Walt Whitman Bridge around 1am...maybe get lucky and get home by 2-2:30am. Get up for work at 6am all the while still trying to get ready to leave for trip.

Or...I give tix to Dad/Brother, let them kill each other fighting over who's driving and paying for gas etc., all the while I sit at home, in my PJ's, Wings for dinner, Ice cold Beer in fridge at disposal with a CLEAN bathroom and watch everything on my 52" Plasma...hmmm :confused: :lmao:

Hey all...

Does anyone know how far it is from the docks at KW to Truman Annex? :confused3 Seems there are power boat races that week and the power boats will be on display as well as various racing concessions on Sunday 11/2 while we're there. Admission is $5 a person so this may be an option for some if they're interested. I for one LOVE :lovestruc powerboat races and am thinking about going over there. Just wanted to pass it on. Here's the link if you want more info:

http://www.superboat.com/events.cfm?action=details&id=107

CC

Hi all,
We received some bad news yesterday.....my Dad was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. We don't have much details yet as to what stage but we're praying for the best. His doctor thinks they may have caught it early but more tests (Blood and CAT scan) are needed. The results of the tests will be in just before the cruise and I don't know how I'll handle it if it's bad news. Any prayers on my Dad's behalf would be greatly appreciated.
Kim

Hi all,
We received some bad news yesterday.....my Dad was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. We don't have much details yet as to what stage but we're praying for the best. His doctor thinks they may have caught it early but more tests (Blood and CAT scan) are needed. The results of the tests will be in just before the cruise and I don't know how I'll handle it if it's bad news. Any prayers on my Dad's behalf would be greatly appreciated.
Kim

Hi Kim - SO sorry to hear about this. I'll be praying for you and your Dad to receive some good news about this. :hug: Keep us posted!

Hi all,
Kim

:grouphug: EDC group :grouphug:

I am off 2 start the bedtime routine.

I will check in on the EDC thread in the EARLY am :thumbsup2

Have a great night!

wuv tigger

PS I had to put the AC back on yesterday! The temp in the house was TOO hot for me & the kiddos even noticed that they were TOO hot. That is a 1st in this house!

Hey all...

Does anyone know how far it is from the docks at KW to Truman Annex? :confused3 Seems there are power boat races that week and the power boats will be on display as well as various racing concessions on Sunday 11/2 while we're there. Admission is $5 a person so this may be an option for some if they're interested. I for one LOVE :lovestruc powerboat races and am thinking about going over there. Just wanted to pass it on. Here's the link if you want more info:

CC

Too far to walk I can tell you that much. Dock is one one side and Truman Annex is kinda on the other. They have pink taxi's that will take you there if need be. Good luck...I can tell you from the past, the boats are pretty cool to look at and watch out in the Ocean, but it will be VERY CROWDED !!

Hey all...

CC

The only other time I've been in Key West this was going on, too- the boat captains were EVERYWHERE livin it up!:banana:

Hi all,
Kim

I am wishing for the best news, but I'm sure your dad would not want it to affect your trip either way. He knows how excited you are about it. I know when my dad was diagnosed with the Aortic Aneurysm it was right before our trip to the Keys for first time, it weighed heavy on me the whole time. He was very emphatic about us having a good time, for he didn't want his health to be the guilt factor.
Sending you guardian angels and lords prayers. Good luck !!

Hi all,
Kim

I will keep you and your family in my prayers! Here is another group hug and some pixie dust...

:grouphug: pixiedust:

I think we have a new one to add to the first page....welcome aboard -

Hi all,
Kim

Your way.....:grouphug:

Thayes21, glad to have your crew onboard! We always need some new swabbies to clean the deck, hoist the sails, and such. Your crew has been added to the manifest on page 1, which means you are official "Election Day Castaways"!

Remember to join the gang at our DIS Meet Saturday afternoon at 3 pm in the Promanade Lounge. We look forward to meeting you!

My, this has been a busy thread as of late! A few of us might be getting excited!!!:banana:

Whew... lots of catching up to do! Kim, I'm thinking positive thoughts for your dad. And welcome aboard thayes21!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter