nov member clubhouse --wow!!

daddiojiggy

Mouseketeer
this month's clubhouse mentions some upcoming news "All this, plus the announcement of a long-awaited Member perk".
what's this all about?are we finally getting park discounts?:eek:

Originally posted by daddiojiggy
this month's clubhouse mentions some upcoming news "All this, plus the announcement of a long-awaited Member perk".
what's this all about?are we finally getting park discounts?:eek:
If so, the loud THUD you hear will be me falling over in shock! ;)

It's 6:00 am and too early. I read it too fast and must of missed it. Will have to go back to read it again later after work. A better park discount would be great - I always say more visits, bring people down - more $$$ spend in the parks/resort/rest., etc.

I think it will be: "we will be allowing 5 persons in a 1BR, but will not be providing additional bedding." LOL.

Oh, this is not fair! I am not a patient person. When does the Winter issue of Vacation Magic come out? Does anyone really think they would tease us like that and then have it be some other lame perk?

P.S. Okay so if they announced that they are going to announce this new perk, that means that someone knows what it is? Does anyone have any inside contacts?

From the DVC Board:

I went to dvcmember.com and sure enough, the offer is there. It's under special offers and "bring the magic home for the holidays." Down in the fine print it says something about 1 day/1 park passes for each 25 additional points.

poohj80..... I don't think that is the long awaited member perk. That is considered an incentive.

Originally posted by Terry S
poohj80..... I don't think that is the long awaited member perk. That is considered an incentive.

I have never been told we get free 1 day passes when adding on and this is listed as a Special Offer on the DVC Member site:

Special Offers

Bring the Magic Home for the Holidays

Receive Walt Disney World® Theme Park tickets when you add to your Disney Vacation Club Membership.

The Gift of Magic offer requires a minimum purchase of an additional Ownership Interest equal to 50 Vacation Points and includes one Walt Disney World 1-Day/1-Park ticket for each additional allotment of 25 Vacation Points purchased as an additional Ownership Interest.

Yes, I agree that is a new incentive. The other thread was talking about 2 different items in the member clubhouse. The first one was this line:

"In the spirit of the holiday season, Disney Vacation Club is, for the first time ever, offering Walt Disney World Theme Park admission to Members who purchase an additional Ownership Interest equal to 50 or more Vacation Points"

This is the incentive that you are referring to.

The other second item that was being talked about in the other thread was this line further down in the clubhouse where it is talking about what is coming up in the Winter Issue of Vacation Magic:

"All this, plus the announcement of a long-awaited Member perk"

Most are hoping this new perk that is going to be announced in the Winter Issue of Vacation magic is some type of AP ticket discount.

I don't know whether to be excited or scared...it seems the only time they "give" is to draw the attention away from whatever the "take" is. Let's all keep our fingers crossed !!!

My guess is they just want to encourage buying more points directly from Disney instead of buying a resale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter