• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov 8 Three day Dream cruise

how many cabins before we split the FE list? and how many in each group?

• 50 cabins with 2 groups of 25 cabins

• 50 cabins with 3 groups (16/17/17)

• 50 cabins with 4 groups (12/12/13/13)

• 40 cabins with 2 groups of 20 cabins

• 40 cabins with 3 groups (13/13/14)

• 40 cabins with 4 groups

• 30 cabins of 1 group

• 30 cabins with 2 groups of 15 cabins

• 30 cabins with 3 groups of 10 cabins

• 30 cabins with 4 groups (7/7/8/8)

• Don't split it at all

• unsure - I will do all the groups no matter the size

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was told by a friend and a post on a message board to bring either pillow cases, autograph mat, or etc to the pursers desk at the beginning of the cruise. At the end the cruise the characters would sign which ever item I left. Does anyone know how many items you can leave to be signed. I would love to keep a momento for myself but if I'm only allowed one I would definitely get one for my 6yr daughter.princess:

Hi Linda!

We get into MCO at 9:19 and are taking Disney's transportation> I'll look for you and Jamie!

That's great. We can start the party on the bus! We are flying in on Delta from Atlanta. What about you and is anyone coming with you?

I was told by a friend and a post on a message board to bring either pillow cases, autograph mat, or etc to the pursers desk at the beginning of the cruise. At the end the cruise the characters would sign which ever item I left. Does anyone know how many items you can leave to be signed. I would love to keep a momento for myself but if I'm only allowed one I would definitely get one for my 6yr daughter.princess:

Don't know if there is an actual rule, but if you are doing a pillowcase, put it in a big ziplock bag with your name and stateroom number when you leave it at Guest Services.

I have left 2 pillowcases at one time in two separate ziplock bags and it has not been a problem.

Mom2nik: thank you. We were discussing if we ate going to dress in costume or not. A friend made us pirates shirts but I definitely like the idea of a cosyumr

We dress up for it! It is a blast, me & the kids did it last year the wait staff was complimenting the kids on the costumes. Not a lot of adults dresses up but since me and the kids have a slight pirate obsession I was more then happy to join in on the fun

I believe it was 4 items per cabin. We did 3 pillow cases and one photo mat. Make sure you lable every item with your cabin number and put them in a ziplock bag with markers for them and lable the bag too. Drop it off at guest services the first night and it will be ready the last night. I can't remember if they left in our cabin or if we picked them up at guest services.

Thanks Cayla for your work on the FE list!

I broke down and bought airline tickets. We are flying out at 12:55 a.m. on Thursday morning the 8th arriving into MCO at 9:18 a.m. Guess we will take Disney's ME to the port.

Afterwards, we are headed to WDW and will stay Sunday night and fly out at 6:30 a.m. Monday morning so Jamie can get back to college.

At least we can hit the parks on Sunday and hopefully catch Illuminations that evening.

I will then be an official member of the "4321 Club".

Since we are crusing again from Galveston on December 15th, Jamie will end up being a member of the "3321 Club". I wonder if Michael can make a one of a kind shirt for her.....:rotfl:
no worries about the FE list - this is the last one for the year (maybe all together - the NYC cruises were painful - VERY painful!)

that is a nasty arrival time - you are going to be on a bus for hours after flying all night...eeeewww

One of a kind shirt? Michael? now that was a silly question! I am sure he can - email him and surprise her with it!!

Cayla-
Thank you so much for adding us. My husband is sailing with us but I wasn't sure if the adults in our cabin were going to participate. I am not really sure what type of gifts the adults exchange? Any guidance you can give would be great. His name is Adam. Thanks again and I am not sure if my cousins are going to try to add.
MIndy
Adam is added, thank you! Adults do all types of things - I have gotten CDs of photos, music and cruise specifc graphics. Mini bottles of homemade port, door magnets that are specific to the cruise. Laundry bags, post it notes, pens with printing on them...the list goes on and on!

Cayla-
Just checked google sheet am so excited to be on! Can you change the kids total because I have 2 boys and a girl and I think it says 2 girls and a boy.
Mindy
all fixed - sorry about the typo! Glad you checked it!

Just saw this message. I will encourage the others to make a decision soon. It is all new to us, but we are aware of deadline. If you end up splitting the group and all of our (family) cabins are close together is there anyway that we can swap with others that we do not know?
Mindy
You can do the whole list if you like - a lot of us do it that way. I am splitting it because a few folks felt the number of people is too high to make gifts for everyone. We do a cabin gift, so 19 isn't an issue - I understand that 59 gifts can be a lot to make.

Cayla

The closing date is approaching - any lurkers out there who want to be part of the Fish Extender Exchange PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

I will split the list since we are at 19 cabins now. Please review the Google sheet and confirm your information is correct and you are sailing.

The reason for this - last May I had 3 cabins that had canceled off the cruise and never notified me - folks were making items and this caused some grief. I had to track those folks posts down on a port day - cost me a LOT of time and phone charge to do this.

IF YOU DO NOT CONFIRM WITH ME - YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST.

the following people HAVE confirmed:
Cherylp3 - Cheryl
padalyn - Cayla
Lynn G - Lynn
TraditionsAtSea - Michael
italyla - Katrina
Mom2nik - Lisa
Amandaka78 - please confirm 2 cabins
NCtoFl
zooski1

from postings I will confirm the following:
SeaULater - Linda
Janis - Janis
Daddyto3 - Mindy

The following people have to confirm:
NewJerseyMomma - please confirm 5 cabins
YensidFan - I am very sure you guys are still sailing - just making sure!

So, now that I have been 'yelling' so much - here is how I figure to split the list:

if you are on decks 2 through 7 - you will give to those decks (yellow paper)
if you are on decks 8 through 12 - you will give to those decks (green paper)
if you want to give to BOTH lists - you will give to all from your deck list PLUS those from the other deck list that are giving to all. (purple paper)

So - who is doing every cabin? I can work from the poll for some of this -but not all - please post if you are wanting to be on the split list or all cabins list.

I will have printed copies of the lists with me - so, how do you get a copy? Meet me at SailAway on the top deck Starboard side. Look for the loud noisy group!! (Michael does great job at sailaway).

I will also have the copies in my "fish" for folks to grab if they miss me - I will also put a write on board on my door for any upgrades or last minute changes to cabin numbers.

Any questions? Any confusion? let me know if I can make this any clearer...

Cayla

So, now that I have been 'yelling' so much - here is how I figure to split the list:

if you want to give to BOTH lists - you will give to all from your deck list PLUS those from the other deck list that are giving to all. (purple paper)

So - who is doing every cabin? I can work from the poll for some of this -but not all - please post if you are wanting to be on the split list or all cabins list.

I will have printed copies of the lists with me - so, how do you get a copy? Meet me at SailAway on the top deck Starboard side. Look for the loud noisy group!! (Michael does great job at sailaway).

I will also have the copies in my "fish" for folks to grab if they miss me - I will also put a write on board on my door for any upgrades or last minute changes to cabin numbers.

Cayla

Hi Cayla,

Thank you for all the work you are doing for the FE. :thumbsup2

Please consider us confirmed and we will like to be on the split list so yellow it is. We are very excited to start our vacation and deliver all of the gifts. :banana::woohoo:

Thanks
Lisa (mom2nik):)

Hi Cayla,

Thank you for all the work you are doing for the FE. :thumbsup2

Please consider us confirmed and we will like to be on the split list so yellow it is. We are very excited to start our vacation and deliver all of the gifts. :banana::woohoo:

Thanks
Lisa (mom2nik):)
got it!

We are confirmed. There may be a change to one of the adults on our cruise but we most likely won't know until 2 weeks before. I don't know if anyone on here can answer this but we did buy the insurance and my father recently started dialysis and we don't think he will be able to come with us. I know because its medical it is an exception but can we put someone else in his place with paying massive penalties. If we can we'd like to talk my grandmother into coming in his place. But anyways we will definitely be there.

The closing date is approaching - any lurkers out there who want to be part of the Fish Extender Exchange PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

I will split the list since we are at 19 cabins now. Please review the Google sheet and confirm your information is correct and you are sailing.

The reason for this - last May I had 3 cabins that had canceled off the cruise and never notified me - folks were making items and this caused some grief. I had to track those folks posts down on a port day - cost me a LOT of time and phone charge to do this.

IF YOU DO NOT CONFIRM WITH ME - YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST.

the following people HAVE confirmed:
Cherylp3 - Cheryl
padalyn - Cayla
Lynn G - Lynn
TraditionsAtSea - Michael
italyla - Katrina
Mom2nik - Lisa

from postings I will confirm the following:
SeaULater - Linda
Janis - Janis
Daddyto3 - Mindy

NCtoFl
zooski1

I'm In and Can't wait!!!pixiedust:

NCtoFl
zooski1

confirming. ::yes::

We are confirmed. There may be a change to one of the adults on our cruise but we most likely won't know until 2 weeks before. I don't know if anyone on here can answer this but we did buy the insurance and my father recently started dialysis and we don't think he will be able to come with us. I know because its medical it is an exception but can we put someone else in his place with paying massive penalties. If we can we'd like to talk my grandmother into coming in his place. But anyways we will definitely be there.
got the confirm - good luck with the exchange, you might want to have your TA work on it for you. DCL usually works with folks if possible.

I'm In and Can't wait!!!pixiedust:
got it - split or all?
confirming. ::yes::
got it, split or all?

Cayla

Cayla, we will be doing all as we do a cabin gift (besides purple is the best color LOL)

I also want to add a warning to all doing FE's - we are no longer the only group who uses fish extenders - so - do not automatically put your gift into every FE you see - match the name and room number with Cayla's list!!!!

Cayla, we will be doing all as we do a cabin gift (besides purple is the best color LOL)

I also want to add a warning to all doing FE's - we are no longer the only group who uses fish extenders - so - do not automatically put your gift into every FE you see - match the name and room number with Cayla's list!!!!

gotcha as an all - and I thank you for the warning to watch the list!

yea - I agree about the purple!

Hey Cayla,

Just confirming that Terri and I are still in for the FE and we will also be doing a cabin gift and will be doing the entire group.

Thanks for your work on this!

Cayla

Count on Jamie and I to do everyone. Our information is correct on the list.

seaulater said:
That's great. We can start the party on the bus! We are flying in on Delta from Atlanta. What about you and is anyone coming with you?

I am on US Airways and I am traveling with my friend Terri with whom I do an annual"Ladies"trip to WDW. This is her first Disney cruise. I'm sure it won't be her last!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter