• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov. 4th, 2012 Dream cruise meet thread!

Is this the meet thread for the Nov. 4-8 Cruise on the DREAM? The title didn't list the ship's name so I wasn't sure. If so, this is the one I am looking for as that is the cruise we will be on. :goodvibes

Is this the meet thread for the Nov. 4-8 Cruise on the DREAM? The title didn't list the ship's name so I wasn't sure. If so, this is the one I am looking for as that is the cruise we will be on. :goodvibes

It sure is! I'll go edit that first post. I never even thought about that.

I would like to participate. We love doing the FE. I just hope it's a little better experience than our last cruise. Not trying to sound like a negative Nellie, but our last one (Which was VERY well organized!!) got too Large (over 50 families on a 4 nighter) had too many people join at the end and some of those people decided that they were only going to leave things for those with children (young kids) but yet they didn't seem to have a problem that others without children left things for them. That just didn't really sit very well with me. I think that was really inconsiderate. But maybe it's just me. Our coordinator did put in a cut-off date and anybody who joined after that date was not guaranteed exchanges by those already signed up since many Dis'ers make their exchange items or do their shopping/packaging early.
We have gotten some really cool items and I really look forward to doing it. But I think last cruise we got about 27 things and we distributed 50. Slightly uneven... ;) But I know that's not what it's about.... I've already picked up a few kiddy trinkets that I couldn't use last time because there were just too many kids!!! :scared1: I can't remember the number of people but the cabin count was 50+! I did it over the course of 3 nights because I am physically challenged when it comes to walking and the Dream is a HUGE ship for me to walk!! :eek:
The nice part about a smaller exchange is I can do better things and that is what I like to do!! Looking forward to that!! :thumbsup2

I would like to participate. We love doing the FE. I just hope it's a little better experience than our last cruise. Not trying to sound like a negative Nellie, but our last one (Which was VERY well organized!!) got too Large (over 50 families on a 4 nighter) had too many people join at the end and some of those people decided that they were only going to leave things for those with children (young kids) but yet they didn't seem to have a problem that others without children left things for them. That just didn't really sit very well with me. I think that was really inconsiderate. But maybe it's just me. Our coordinator did put in a cut-off date and anybody who joined after that date was not guaranteed exchanges by those already signed up since many Dis'ers make their exchange items or do their shopping/packaging early.
We have gotten some really cool items and I really look forward to doing it. But I think last cruise we got about 27 things and we distributed 50. Slightly uneven... ;) But I know that's not what it's about.... I've already picked up a few kiddy trinkets that I couldn't use last time because there were just too many kids!!! :scared1: I can't remember the number of people but the cabin count was 50+! I did it over the course of 3 nights because I am physically challenged when it comes to walking and the Dream is a HUGE ship for me to walk!! :eek:
The nice part about a smaller exchange is I can do better things and that is what I like to do!! Looking forward to that!! :thumbsup2

I agree with that being not right. EVERY cabin that joins should get something...even if it's just a candy bar. I also agree about keeping it smaller. I think if we get too big we can divide it in half to keep it more manageable. I think we had 16 on our last cruise and that was a nice amount.
My Mom ended up coming instead of my DH as he ended up not being able to come due to unforseen problems and many people even made her special items just for her..at 2 weeks out. We had a fabulous group.

My husband and I will be on this cruise. It'll be our first, and we're very excited. Our grandchildren will be there, too, with their parents. I'm wondering if a couple of old fuddy duddies will feel out of place?

We'll also be spending a few days at DW after the cruise.... again, our first time. I'm going to be scouring these forums to find out all the information I can about what others have done and recommend. I feel like such a kid as I think ahead to planning :-).

Alexa

Hi!:goodvibes
Here is a good trip report that you can read that will prove to you that "a couple of old fuddy duddies" will definitely not feel out of place. We have cruised with these couples a few times in the past and LOVE them!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2899739

Enjoy!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Hi everyone!
We are looking at booking this cruise. I am just waiting on the approval from the powers that be for my time off.:cool1:
It will be me, DH, DD(16), DD(9), and DS(7). It will be our 8th Disney cruise!!!!:banana::banana::banana: We are totally addicted.

That's a great trip report. I wish those folks were going to be on our cruise! Thanks for sending the link. I'm going to check out some more trip reports as well. This board is a wonderful source for information!

AlexaJane

That's a great trip report. I wish those folks were going to be on our cruise! Thanks for sending the link. I'm going to check out some more trip reports as well. This board is a wonderful source for information!

AlexaJane

You are welcome. They are great and have loads of fun!

We just got back from Universal Studios/WDW today. A very short trip but it filled the void. I can't wait till Nov!!!!

Very Nice!! We have never been to Universal. I am afraid to try it esp now with my disability issues. :(

We are going to spend our summer vacation in Melbourne at my parent's home where we can set our own pace and just relax going to the beach and just doing whatever but also being 'away from home'. DH doesn't care to spend any time in WDW this summer so he has given DD and I his blessing that when it is time for him to go back to work, she and I can go to the World! I got a pin code in the mail for this summer. And she and I are planning on getting AP's since we will be back next June for her Senior trip. So we are pretty excited about that! I know it will be hot, but we get fairly hot/humid weather her in MD during the summer. What we like is the late night EMH and the parks are open much later in the summer. and she and I are night owls! :lmao: We did it that way during my older DD's senior trip a few years ago and it worked out fabulously. Don't know that I'll get to do a whole lot, but just being in WDW is surely going to lift my sometimes drooping spirits. I love to pin trade and enjoy the streetmosphere of the parks. So I shall not complain! :goodvibes
We figure we'll have our rental car beforehand so we'll get some snacks and light foods and drinks before we turn the car in. We know from past experience when it's hot we do NOT eat alot and esp big/heavy meals. So food won't be a big deal. We'll do a few counter service and maybe 2 sit-downs. but I figure the sit-downs shouldn't be bad because we won't want appy/entree/dessert when it's so hot! Now let the planning begin... :woohoo:

Now what kind of FE are we doing? The kind where you meet in person, or when you hang something on your door and Disers walk byand put stuff in them? :confused3

I personally prefer the second one because I an going with a bigger party than I am used to and it might be hard to schedule a place and a time that we can ALL commit to!!:laughing: I am willing to do the FE's though.

Please respond soon!
DisneyGal

Another thing, what will our "team" name be?? (for example, the DREAMers or When You Wish Upon A Starfish)

Even though we'll be traveling with the Podcast group, we are up to joining in on a FE group with the group here. Getting to meet and know other Disney fans is what these trips are all about!

I agree with that being not right. EVERY cabin that joins should get something...even if it's just a candy bar. I also agree about keeping it smaller. I think if we get too big we can divide it in half to keep it more manageable. I think we had 16 on our last cruise and that was a nice amount.
My Mom ended up coming instead of my DH as he ended up not being able to come due to unforseen problems and many people even made her special items just for her..at 2 weeks out. We had a fabulous group.

I agree every stateroom should get a little something. Having a few smaller groups would be much easier to handle than one large group.

Hi!:goodvibes
Here is a good trip report that you can read that will prove to you that "a couple of old fuddy duddies" will definitely not feel out of place. We have cruised with these couples a few times in the past and LOVE them!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2899739

Enjoy!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Goofyfreak - thanks for the link! I love reading trip reports and that poster has a great sense of humor. Plus seeing the picture of the ship always makes me happy. I LOVE the idea of a "Smoothie Meet" I don't drink either and feel like I miss out when the various tastings are going on. Who would like to join me for a Smoothie Meet in the Quite Cove one day?

Now what kind of FE are we doing? The kind where you meet in person, or when you hang something on your door and Disers walk byand put stuff in them? :confused3

I personally prefer the second one because I an going with a bigger party than I am used to and it might be hard to schedule a place and a time that we can ALL commit to!!:laughing: I am willing to do the FE's though.

Please respond soon!
DisneyGal

I've never participated in a FE where you exchange the gifts in person. I like the drop it off when you have time approach, but that is just me.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Spring Day. Happy Easter or Passover (whichever you celebrate)!

Please respond soon!
DisneyGal

Another thing, what will our "team" name be?? (for example, the DREAMers or When You Wish Upon A Starfish)

The 2nd. Of course if anyone wants to do a meet that is fine too. We also are traveling with a large group, so I doubt we'll have time for a meet up, but we love the gifts for the kids. My DD loves to come back to the room to find a surprise.

I have never heard of a team name, but I've only been involved in one FE group. If anyone wants to name the team, thats fine.

I know it's still over 200 days away, but it sounds like we have a couple of people/rooms who want to participate. We'll see how many we get and then decide if we need to make 2 groups or one.
I think as we get closer to the cruise, more people will join in. I know the one I was in last year, we got several last minute people. And most joined about 8-6 weeks prior.

In my last FE we had a team name to remember our group by. It added a personal touch and was really cute. I wouldn't mind a name myself but we should all agree.

One more question, who will be in charge of the master list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter