Nov. 4th, 2012 Dream cruise meet thread!

I cannot believe that we are getting so close! 18 days from today and we will be leaving and 20 days from today we will be cruising.

FE gifts are done and packed and so are our door decorations!

I am thinking of going to the spa one day if anyone would like to join me! I would love to meet with some people who also want to relax. Not quite sure what day, but just planning on doing the day spa. Maybe during our Nassau day after we have the Richard Sherman (WDWRadio Group) event.

Let the packing begin!

20 days?!? Is that all the time we have left of waiting? woohoo!!! Although I am still busy with school that I can't celebrate just yet - still having to write a final paper that is due this week..aaggghh!!

But...FE's are done! I had so much fun putting it together - seeing that it's our first Disney cruise, thus first time with FE's. My husband is actually shaking his head at me commenting that I spent too much time making them "FOR SOMEONE ELSE." I told him I didn't care - it was fun and I was having fun.
I did decide not to make my own fish extender so I just forked up the bucks and ordering from etsy, and it looks good! I also ended up making my own door magnets - just to see for myself how they're done, so I think we're set! pixiedust:

I haven't yet told my girls that we're going on a cruise. They think we're going to meet up with cousins at Cocoa Beach for a couple of days and then visit WDW - so I know they'll be super excited when they find out we're actually be boarding the ship instead! While they are not truly Disney fans I do know that they love cruising - plus they know about the Aquaduck. I can't wait to try that one.

Since I will be a solo parent I do plan on spending some time at the spa. I'm thinking of purchasing the Rain Forest package for those days when the kids are in their clubs and I'm left to my own devices - namely the big movie screen or the ebook.

This cruise better come fast...I'm so excited! .....and I keep thinking of things to add to my fish extenders...I will be broke if I don't stop soon! ;)

It's been forever since I posted here and I feel like I should go back and read the entire thread to try and remember who everyone is.

We are also doing the budget minded cruise (unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any discounts) so you'll find us lounging on the deck in the Adult area (or on my one splurge day at the Rainforest room - Nassau day probably).

We are also doing the WDW Radio group so I just imagine that we'll do those activities and then relaxing and chatting with our Disney friends.

I'm waiting for my hubby to print off my decorations for the door so I can finish them up. We were only able to participate in one FE group so we did the WDW Radio one and I spent last weekend making the items, I just now have to do some minor work on each one to make it perfect.

We leave in 17 days according to my countdown calendar.

Is anyone else going to any of the New Fantasyland previews before the cruise? I was really lucky and was able to get some D23 passes for 11/3. Can't wait to see it all!!!

:banana::banana:

It's been forever since I posted here and I feel like I should go back and read the entire thread to try and remember who everyone is.

We are also doing the budget minded cruise (unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any discounts) so you'll find us lounging on the deck in the Adult area (or on my one splurge day at the Rainforest room - Nassau day probably).

We are also doing the WDW Radio group so I just imagine that we'll do those activities and then relaxing and chatting with our Disney friends.

I'm waiting for my hubby to print off my decorations for the door so I can finish them up. We were only able to participate in one FE group so we did the WDW Radio one and I spent last weekend making the items, I just now have to do some minor work on each one to make it perfect.

Is anyone else going to any of the New Fantasyland previews before the cruise? I was really lucky and was able to get some D23 passes for 11/3. Can't wait to see it all!!!

I would LOOOVE to see the Fantasyland preview, but we are no longer part of any group that would allow us to see it! We might be in MK on Nov 3 - so we'll see you enjoy from afar! :wave2: Such a bummer...two years of DLR Premium APs and one year of Premier, and a year of TiW, and nothing that worked or available... :headache: We keep telling each other that we picked the wrong year. ;) Hope you enjoy it!

If DH and decide to rent bikes on Castaway Cay, after we've been to the beach in the morning, than what would we do with our bag? Would we need to bring it back to the ship first?

And also, I should probably know this, but do we bring towels off the ship?

We've rented bikes before on Castaway Cay but I'm having a hard time remembering what we did with our stuff. I just googled a map and didn't see any lockers listed. Do you have a backpacy type of bag that you can use?

You don't need to bring any towels with you off the ship they are already on the island just waiting for you.

Do you geocache? A friend of ours had a GPS and there were a couple of locations listed for Castaway Cay. We used the bikes and were able to find two of them. It was a great way to spend the day.

hurleysweety said:
If DH and decide to rent bikes on Castaway Cay, after we've been to the beach in the morning, than what would we do with our bag? Would we need to bring it back to the ship first?

And also, I should probably know this, but do we bring towels off the ship?

After you disembark onto CC, there will be CMs handing out towels. I would suggest grabbing an extra or two (for a family) as we could not find them anywhere else once we were out on the island when you really needed them. Unless someone else can share where maybe they 'hide' them! ;)

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I can't believe how close we are. After this weekend we are so ready for a relaxing vacation. I need to do laundry but DH said I could start packing! :cool1: I need to finish the FE gifts too. So much to do!

We've rented bikes before on Castaway Cay but I'm having a hard time remembering what we did with our stuff. I just googled a map and didn't see any lockers listed. Do you have a backpacy type of bag that you can use?

You don't need to bring any towels with you off the ship they are already on the island just waiting for you.

Do you geocache? A friend of ours had a GPS and there were a couple of locations listed for Castaway Cay. We used the bikes and were able to find two of them. It was a great way to spend the day.

Wow - thanks for the geocaching tip! I never would have thought of doing it on Castaway Cay! My kids love geoccahing, so this should be neat!

DH will have his backpack - so maybe we'll use that over my usual tote. Or we'll use our cinchpack that we take to the parks. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

But wait...if we can google a map...do you mean I'll have access to the internet on the island on my phone??? :confused:

We are doing a preview tour on 10/28. Our DD (a WDW CM) has had several previews since she works at MK. She is taking us on a CM preview tour that day. She is raving about it.
For those interested, according to people at the park, there is a soft opening most days, so you may be able to see the new addiitions prior to the grand opening.

We are doing a preview tour on 10/28. Our DD (a WDW CM) has had several previews since she works at MK. She is taking us on a CM preview tour that day. She is raving about it.
For those interested, according to people at the park, there is a soft opening most days, so you may be able to see the new addiitions prior to the grand opening.

I was sooo hoping for soft openings! We'll be at WDW before and after the cruise, so we're hoping to have the chance to at least see the be our guest restaurant in person. (And if they happen to need people to...ya know...train servers or sample food for quality, I guess I'll just have to take one for the team and volunteer! :goodvibes)

Anyone renting a car for before/after our cruise at MCO?

Alamo rates have dropped quite a bit. We have a rental now for 11 days for $179. We used Southwest ID 7015765 and coupon code AD2335FDC. It is still more than what we paid last year, but the rates have been steady around $400-500 for the past 8 weeks!

Is the FE list now current? Everyone has their correct stateroom numbers. I am labeling tags today!

Anyone renting a car for before/after our cruise at MCO?

Alamo rates have dropped quite a bit. We have a rental now for 11 days for $179. We used Southwest ID 7015765 and coupon code AD2335FDC. It is still more than what we paid last year, but the rates have been steady around $400-500 for the past 8 weeks!

Dollar dropped too today.

Don't forget that Sunday, the 4th we have to set our clocks back 1 hour too.

Thanks for the reminder! We'll change ours before we leave on the 3rd here at home. Then I'll have to change is my watch (and the clock in our room) Saturday night, my phone will automatically change. Love getting the extra hour of sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter