Nov. 28, 2009 Western - Post Thanksgiving Relaxation Cruise

Hi gang!

I'm on the Western following your sailing. We have suggested that people call in and ask DCL for more scheduled activities on port days based on the recent reports of crimes against cruise line customers (in Nassau and Cozumel). We are not asking for things that would eliminate the shore time that some CMs get on port days, but simple things. For instance, if DCL would run 4 different movies in an 8 or 10 hour shore day instead of running the same 90 minute movie twice, that would not involve much crew time but would make something else available to us.

For those who haven't followed the threads, in the past few weeks there have been 2 reports of robbery in Nassau, one involving a DCL tour group. In addition, there was a traffic accident in Cozumel involving some people from the Magic; before the authorities arrived, those injured or killed in the accident had their personal items "disappear."

Then leave for the airport. I forgot we are traveling to Indianapolis on Black Friday. My husband doesn't seem to think that will be a problem. We are going on the busiest interstate to the biggest Indiana city on Black Friday. And, DH thinks it will be no problem. I did convince him to leave an hour earlier. I am still trying for even earlier. See you all Saturday.:dance3:

I actually realized the same thing the other day! Not only do I NOT get to shop on Black Friday, but I have to deal with traffic at 5 a.m.! What in the world was I thinking! :confused3

I think I'm loosing a hour of sleep each night the closer we get to leaving - who needs sleep anyway! I'll get to nap on the ship!! :cool1:

Here's to Kathy - wish you could've made the trip this year!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Everyone have safe travels and see you Saturday!!!

Shelley

Not only am I not packed... but I am now trying to scrounge together 4 pirate "costumes"... uggghhh! What was I thinking? :confused3 One down 3 to go!:cool1:

Safe travels everyone!

Hi gang!

I'm on the Western following your sailing. We have suggested that people call in and ask DCL for more scheduled activities on port days based on the recent reports of crimes against cruise line customers (in Nassau and Cozumel). We are not asking for things that would eliminate the shore time that some CMs get on port days, but simple things. For instance, if DCL would run 4 different movies in an 8 or 10 hour shore day instead of running the same 90 minute movie twice, that would not involve much crew time but would make something else available to us.

For those who haven't followed the threads, in the past few weeks there have been 2 reports of robbery in Nassau, one involving a DCL tour group. In addition, there was a traffic accident in Cozumel involving some people from the Magic; before the authorities arrived, those injured or killed in the accident had their personal items "disappear."

Thanks for the heads up and I'll make that call! I appreciate all your help and advice on the boards. Thanks again!

Bumping up our thread. We will be leaving tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday! Safe travels to all.

Ummmmm, freaking out just a little...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2339063

Does this sort of thing just happen sometimes? Pleaseohpleaseohplease say it does and cruises don't get canceled???

This sort of thing just happen sometimes. We were on the Mexican riviera cruise two summers ago and a HUGE storm hit us coming out of Puerto Vallarta. Ship was flooding a bit - water running down the elevator shafts. Staff took it in stride. Shut down one bank of elevators. Got out the clean up equipment and activities just continued as usual. No worries. Vacation is close!!! We leave the house in 3 hours for the airport. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! We are flying down to Florida today-- leaving in a couple hours :cool1: I can't believe it's finally here -- for some reason I feel totally unprepared this trip:confused3 Can't wait to meet everyone - I think we will have green beads on at the terminal- if I can find them- well at least 1 of us-- that's all I found so far:) See ya in a few days:banana::banana: Oh and as a reminder, our new rooms are 6140 and 6142.

This sort of thing just happen sometimes. We were on the Mexican riviera cruise two summers ago and a HUGE storm hit us coming out of Puerto Vallarta. Ship was flooding a bit - water running down the elevator shafts. Staff took it in stride. Shut down one bank of elevators. Got out the clean up equipment and activities just continued as usual. No worries. Vacation is close!!! We leave the house in 3 hours for the airport. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Alright, thanks for the reassurance. The way people are talking on that thread all "I wonder about the NEXT cruise" Oi! :sad2: :confused: That sounds crazy about the flooding on your cruise! My dad said one of the engines stopped working on the RCCL cruise we went on in '94 (my only other cruise)

Happy Turkey day to those who celebrate, and safe travels to all. We're in CT at my parents' everything is packed in the car...we fly out tomorrow afternoon. I can't believe it's FINALLY here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Ummmmm, freaking out just a little...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2339063

Does this sort of thing just happen sometimes? Pleaseohpleaseohplease say it does and cruises don't get canceled???

Oh thanks for letting us know! This is what happens when I finally get around to getting my packing done! Hmmmpphhh!:scared:

And of course I didn't buy trip insurance because of the added extra cost! Hope it really will be fixed and not a problem!

Happy Gobble Gobble Day! Leaving tomorrow a.m. See you Saturday!

Oh thanks for letting us know! This is what happens when I finally get around to getting my packing done! Hmmmpphhh!:scared:

And of course I didn't buy trip insurance because of the added extra cost! Hope it really will be fixed and not a problem!

Happy Gobble Gobble Day! Leaving tomorrow a.m. See you Saturday!

I'm glad it happened on another trip so we should be good to go with no problems! :thumbsup2 Leaving first thing in the a.m. See you all Saturday morning! :)

It was an amazing time, made even better by meeting everybody here. It really added to an enjoyable cruise. Thanks for all the great gifts, it thrilled Michaela to know end.:worship:

We had such a great time last week and think we all lucked out with the weather! Somehow it was easier leaving the ship with dark skies and rain but feel bad for the next cruisers. We are up to our eyeballs in laundry today but just downloaded all our photos and took a quick buzz through them (nearly 900). Such good memories for a lifetime.

Thanks everyone for all the FE surprises - that was so much fun. Nice to meet you all - and happy holidays!

Debbie

Finally, home early this morning. We detoured to DTD to do some Christmas shopping. My credit cards are smoking this morning. :scared1:

I just read the report of what happened to the Magic just before we got on!!! Oh my goodness its a good thing I didn't know about that beforehand. :eek:

It was a wonderful trip. I'm so glad I got to meet so many of the disboarders. I even have a picture of Nessa and her husband. Once I upload it to photobucket I will post it. The wedding was beautiful (we peeked over our balcony) and Nessa was a beautiful bride. :bride:

Thanks for all the wonderful FE gifts. My DD has a backpack to unpack still!!

Home finally! It was snowing when our plane landed.... lol It was actually kind of a nice surprise! Loved the cruise and was so happy to meet everyone. Would love to see pics of Nessa's wedding as I don't think I ran into her at all during the cruise and she was only a few doors down!

Got on the computer first thing and started shopping for the next cruise! The Mediterranean one is at a very tempting price right now, but I'm afraid of taking the kiddies out of school for 10 days in addition to the 5 they were just out... maybe I'll go talk to our school principal and see what she says. Such a great deal though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter