• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov. 28, 2009 Western - Post Thanksgiving Relaxation Cruise

Yikes. Only a couple of days before we leave.

Lots of work to do still
Need to start packing
Still have errands to run

Would now be a good time to panic? Doesn't matter though because one week from this moment I will be on the ship after a day in Key West and hoping that time stands still for the next five days....

Yikes. Only a couple of days before we leave.

Lots of work to do still
Need to start packing
Still have errands to run

Would now be a good time to panic? Doesn't matter though because one week from this moment I will be on the ship after a day in Key West and hoping that time stands still for the next five days....

Yea, THAT ^^^ :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Just checked Accuweather for our trip. What a mixed bag but overall way colder than I would have hoped for. Oh well, we're on our ship. Way too many fun things going on to worry about the weather.

Thursday in Orlando - High 77 Low 53
Friday in Orlando - High 67 Low 47 (brrrr)
Saturday in Port Canaveral - High 68 Low 58
Sunday - Key West -- High 73 Low 66
Monday - at sea - Captain, find us some warmth and sunshine!
Tuesday - Grand Cayman - High 80 (real feel 86) possible showers in the AM
Wednesday - Cozumel - Sunny High 84 (real feel 91) - woohoo
Thursday - Day at Sea - Captain, stick around near Cozumel!
Friday - Castaway Cay (abaco 72, nassau 84 - hopefully it will be somewhere in between at worst...)
Saturday - Orlando - High 66 Low 48.

Just checked Accuweather for our trip. What a mixed bag but overall way colder than I would have hoped for. Oh well, we're on our ship. Way too many fun things going on to worry about the weather.

Thursday in Orlando - High 77 Low 53
Friday in Orlando - High 67 Low 47 (brrrr)
Saturday in Port Canaveral - High 68 Low 58
Sunday - Key West -- High 73 Low 66
Monday - at sea - Captain, find us some warmth and sunshine!
Tuesday - Grand Cayman - High 80 (real feel 86) possible showers in the AM
Wednesday - Cozumel - Sunny High 84 (real feel 91) - woohoo
Thursday - Day at Sea - Captain, stick around near Cozumel!
Friday - Castaway Cay (abaco 72, nassau 84 - hopefully it will be somewhere in between at worst...)
Saturday - Orlando - High 66 Low 48.

Brrrrrr!! You're making me cold! Guess I should rethink what I'm packing!:sad2:

I can't believe how darn close we are. Someone is sleeping in my cabin right now...but come SATURDAY--just mere days away--I WILL BE IN IT!!!! My head is swirling with excitement, and still panic about packing....;)

That weather doesn't look too bad to me. I mean, yes...the FL weather is a bit on the chillier side...BUT...still warmer than CT right now. I don't mind Key West being in the lower 70's...cause we don't plan to go to the beach or anything...and that will be comfortable to walk around, right?

Do you think we'll need a sweatshirt for the port, and the first night if it's that chilly at Port Canaveral? How quickly will it warm up once we leave the Port? I only plan on having the jeans/long sleeve/sweater that I fly into Florida in for my "warm clothes"...so I hope this is good enough....

Whoooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm going on a cruise.in.five.days.

The weather reports actually sounds pretty good. We went on the Eastern in January. We drove down and when we hit the FL border it was 30 degrees!!! :scared1::scared1:
By the time we hit the boat the next afternoon it had risen to a high of 60. Brrr. Didn't stop DD from getting into the pools though. She had the best time that day because no one else was in the water. Gee, I wonder why?? :rotfl2:
We used sweatshirts the first day and in the evening but were fine after that. :thumbsup2

Someone is sleeping in my cabin right now...but come SATURDAY--just mere days away--I WILL BE IN IT!!!! My head is swirling with excitement, and still panic about packing....;)

I only plan on having the jeans/long sleeve/sweater that I fly into Florida in for my "warm clothes"...so I hope this is good enough....

Whoooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm going on a cruise.in.five.days.

Someone is sleeping in my bed...:rotfl: very funny! I too was only going to have my clothes from when we fly in as warm clothes. Now I am thinking I should pack a pair of jeans for all of us and maybe one long sleeved shirt... hmm.

The weather reports actually sounds pretty good. We went on the Eastern in January. We drove down and when we hit the FL border it was 30 degrees!!! :scared1::scared1:
By the time we hit the boat the next afternoon it had risen to a high of 60. Brrr. Didn't stop DD from getting into the pools though. She had the best time that day because no one else was in the water. Gee, I wonder why?? :rotfl2:
We used sweatshirts the first day and in the evening but were fine after that. :thumbsup2

This is our fourth year in a row on this sailing and I don't think it's been quite this chilly before though we have had rain and rough seas. I'll be fine. I spend so little time at the pools on the ship anyway that it's not a big deal. I just really want our three beach days (CC, GC and Coz) to be great.

Do we know if Morgan's Mommy is doing FE? Just finalizing all the gifts.

Thanks-
Debbie

As far as we know she is.. maybe she is still on gtty and hasn't gotten a room number yet. I included her and figured if she didn;t show up with a room number I'd give their gifts to someone else instead.

O.K. Now I've started to clean my house so I don't have to come home to a messy house! I have officially put everyone (including the dogs) on notice. If I find anything on the floor, it's gone! :laundy: :lmao: Yeah.....who am I kidding? I try anyways!

3 1/2 days until I leave for vacation! Woooooo Hooooo!

O.K. Now I've started to clean my house so I don't have to come home to a messy house! I have officially put everyone (including the dogs) on notice. If I find anything on the floor, it's gone! :laundy: :lmao: Yeah.....who am I kidding? I try anyways!

3 1/2 days until I leave for vacation! Woooooo Hooooo!
The serious plus side of my DSD house sitting is that she's a much better cleaner than I am. I come home to a cleaner house then what I left. :lmao: Only downside is that it takes me about a month to find everything. :rotfl2:

The serious plus side of my DSD house sitting is that she's a much better cleaner than I am. I come home to a cleaner house then what I left. :lmao: Only downside is that it takes me about a month to find everything. :rotfl2:

Lucky you about the cleaning part :thumbsup2 Sucks when you know you have something and can't find it! I'm doing that now. I know I have Dramimne - where could it be?:confused3

Thanksgiving mini-dinner cooked and a success - yummy! Had to have some Thanksgiving cooking smells in the house before we left...

Packing about half-way done. Why does it take twice as long to get the second half finished? All the last minute things to add in. I like it when we are at the airport and the packing is over!

Now to finish some work projects and bills.

Can't believe our trip is two days away! Much excitement at our house!

Have a good night everyone!

as far as I know Morgansmommy has cabin1073 I will try and email her and find out for sure later today then post whatever I find out. Still have packing and so much else to do before we leave, thank goodness I only have nightshift tonight then Im done with work! Hope the weather is nothing but sunny skies and clear sailing for this much waited for cruise!:woohoo:

Is it time yet????? I can't wait any longer. Just need to finish everything up at work, get some blood work done (yippee) and pack the suit bag. DH is going to pack most of the car today! We leave tomorrow as soon as DD gets home from school and changes her clothes. :cool1::cool1:

I'm ready now! Let's go!

Well, I was hoping to work from home :rotfl2: tomorrow but the boss says today "why don't you stop by tomorrow before you leave at the end of the day". DANG IT! I have to come in anyway since I still haven't finished my door magnets - nothing like waiting until the last minute! :thumbsup2 But, I can tell you I will be stopping in WAY before the end of the day! :dance3:

Hopefully, the warm weather will hold up. It's nice this week. Wouldn't you know when the newbie's are going the weather decides not to cooperate. If it doesn't, I have NO DOUBT that we can all make it a great time either way!

Have a safe trip down everyone!:wave2::drive:

Shelley - Sorry to hear you have to work at the office tomorrow. I'm "working" from home. I have to have a blood test tomorrow. Earliest they can get me in for fasting bloodwork is 9:15. I hope I last that long. :lmao: Then I need to go to the bank to deposit GS money and cash out the last of the change jar for DD. We did our big cash out the beginning of the month. We told her that everything we save from then until now is her's. I think she made $27!! :cool1:

Then I'll go back home to "work". I figure I have my bberry on me at all times so that's working, right??? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter