Nov. 28, 2009 Western - Post Thanksgiving Relaxation Cruise

Grey hair gone - Check
Lime Green Mickey Paint Chips - CHEck
FE Gifts - CHECK!

Going to finish packing (except the last minute stuff) this weekend but we are busy too! Thankfully, I don't have to worry about Thanksgiving Dinner. We leave Friday 7 a.m. get into Orlando at 12 p.m. We are staying at the Hilton Cocoa Beach and plan to be at port first thing!

I am off to Fort Wayne (an hour away) to spend the day with my sister. First a Mary Kay Meeting, then mani/pedi, then Target (the closest one to me). Then it is back home to do more homework. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who will do all the laundry. He has himself packed even. I think we are ready to leave. (if it weren't for the homework.) Hope you all have a glorious day.:dance3:

How did you like it? I find it time consuming, but relaxing in a strange way.
As I was working full time and was shoved into the role, it wasn't relaxing. I was the corresponding secretary, our president had a relapse with her MS and the VP couldn't handle it. And as I work 2 hours from home, it was always a long day when it came to days of doing things with the school. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had more time to commit. Glad you're enjoying it. I love doing things for my DD's school.
Thanks for the reassurance. I was pretty sure we wouldn't have a problem, but I am in panic mode that we would somehow miss this trip (afterall, we have been to Disney 9 times with my 8 year old and she has been sick on 7 occasions - hospitalized 3 times, so I feel a little jinxed). We have 1 week to get rid of all this sickness (cross your fingers). By the way, I have an 8 year old daughter so our girls will be in the kids club together. Thanks again and I hope you all feel better soon (my youngest will be going to the Dr. again tomorrow).
Kim
:goodvibes
Holy Crap! Your poor DD. I hope she recovers well from this. :hug:

I hope everyone recovers in time to enjoy the cruise. I have been fighting a sore throat for two days. I just hope nobody else does. We are doing the Vitamin C, washing hands and not sharing anything but space. Which can't be avoided. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Get Vit. D3 and multi-vits. We don't do D3 daily because I think it's fat soluable but I give it to DD every other day. She does seem to be coming out of whatever she has a lot quicker. And good luck staying healthy. :hug:

It has been so long since I was posting regularly - I don't remember how to respond with the quote - :)

I am getting super excited - we all are! Can't believe it is only one week away!

The one thing I can't wait to do - I think the sail away party. I love that part. All the excitement and anticipation and then there you are and watching the ship sail away. One of my many favorites - can't wait!
Me too! I love the sail away party. DD and I go out on the deck and just dance. I move into the "who cares who's watching" mode. :dancer:party:

Grey hair gone - Check
Lime Green Mickey Paint Chips - CHEck
FE Gifts - CHECK!
:rotfl2: I burst out laughing when I read this. DH just looked at me and shook his head. And the jerk (loving DH) told me that if I didn't do my hair he could pass me off as his "older" sister. :mad: I'll cut him a little slack because this summer we were at the mall and someone called me his daughter. The guy was serious. :eek: Poor DH. He hasn't forgotten it. But his beard was fully grown in and was filled with grey and my hair had just been cut short and dyed. I was wearing a cute top and shorts (my obsession since I lost a lot of weight). Poor DH. And the guy who said it was like "THAT'S your wife?" DH said it wouldn't have been so bad if the guy had said something like "Wow, good job for marrying a young one." But no, guy was embarassed and walked away just shocked! :rotfl2::rotfl2: So now I'm going to get the same hair cut today!!! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Good morning everyone! Busy day of errands to get ready for vacation! Manicure (was not sure I was going to get that in), Target, etc. plus dance class and swim meet for the girls.

One week from today we will be at the port :):):):):):)

Have a great day!

Ooh...we started packing today. DD is mostly packed- no small feat. She grew a lot since the summer and we had to try everything on then narrow down what she absolutely HAD to have (her words) versus what she simply wanted (everything). Does anyone know which Princesses will be on the boat? She's planning on bringing her Minnie, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle dressesI told her not to bother with the Jasmine one...we should all have such tough decisions in life.

Now, I've got to get my son to sit down to pack...he announced 2 days ago that his summer shorts didn't fit and could we please go get some new ones. In New York. In November. Like the racks would be full of them. We did thankfully find a few pair in his size left on clearance racks (thank you H&M, Marshalls, and Old Navy)

Ooh...we started packing today. DD is mostly packed- no small feat. She grew a lot since the summer and we had to try everything on then narrow down what she absolutely HAD to have (her words) versus what she simply wanted (everything). Does anyone know which Princesses will be on the boat? She's planning on bringing her Minnie, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle dressesI told her not to bother with the Jasmine one...we should all have such tough decisions in life.

Now, I've got to get my son to sit down to pack...he announced 2 days ago that his summer shorts didn't fit and could we please go get some new ones. In New York. In November. Like the racks would be full of them. We did thankfully find a few pair in his size left on clearance racks (thank you H&M, Marshalls, and Old Navy)

For sure princesses - Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty. Other princesses appear in the shows and sometimes come out for "til we meet again" on the last night. Plus Alice is there, Wendy Darling and in the shows are Mulan and Jasmine.

Grey hair done - CHECK :lmao:
Pedicure - CHECK
Waxing :rolleyes1 - CHECK
DD's hair done - CHECK (and looks really awesome)!!!

Last minute errands have been run. I do need to hit the vitamin shop but that's just cause I'm crazy. Otherwise, tomorrow's to-do list is: church, Borders, Vitamin Shoppe, and then home so DD can work on a report and I can work on work. The home office in Paris doesn't do Thanksgiving and they take all their vacations in the summer. :confused3 This fall vacation has them utterly confused. :rotfl2: (which really isn't hard)

I am looking forward to 5 full hours by myself tomorrow morning to get the family packed and finish wrapping up FE gifts. Wonderful DH is taking all 4 kids to oldest daugher soccer game (long drive) so I can have 1/2 day to get 95% ready for trip - not easy since we are trying to keep the surprise for the kids and need to finish packing all their stuff. Just hoping I kick my cold & cough before we leave on Friday

PS - Keeping fingers crossed the Princess & Frog movie is on our cruise - THAT would be the biggest bonus to see that on the ship but guessing we will miss it by 1-2 weeks - oh well.

I am looking forward to 5 full hours by myself tomorrow morning to get the family packed and finish wrapping up FE gifts. Wonderful DH is taking all 4 kids to oldest daugher soccer game (long drive) so I can have 1/2 day to get 95% ready for trip - not easy since we are trying to keep the surprise for the kids and need to finish packing all their stuff. Just hoping I kick my cold & cough before we leave on Friday

PS - Keeping fingers crossed the Princess & Frog movie is on our cruise - THAT would be the biggest bonus to see that on the ship but guessing we will miss it by 1-2 weeks - oh well.

Good luck kicking your cold! I've been taking Airborne 3x;s a day and it seems to be helping. If nothing else, perhaps it's helping me to not pick up another illness!

I am also hoping that they show the Princess and Frog movie on board as I passed on a chance to get tickets to the advance screenings in NYC. Would be a big bummer if we didn't see it on board!

You must be so excited keeping the surprise from your kids! I would be just about crawling out of my skin!

Working on laundry, bills and cleaning the house. This short week has totally messed up my usual schedule.:sad2:

But I'm so excited!! 6 more days !:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Kids are officially gone from house now and I am supposed to go into packing overdrive mode but instead checking in on our meet board - just so excited for next week. With our crazy hectic lifestyle, I am so looking forward to a week of quality family time - no errands, soccer games, etc. Gonna get packing now (well after a quick shower)!

Travel - let me know of any good activities for plan ride - especially for 3 yr old boy - the longest flight we have taken with all the kids is 2.5 hours so the LA to Orlando is pretty scary for me right now. We have the DVD player, new DS games, crayons/markers, etc. and not too worried about the girls but my son is a whole other story! And since we are not telling them exactly what we are doing in Florida, it will be hard to keep them motivated to be good!!!

BTW - here is what we plan to give the kids in an envelope when we are entering the port area - I understand you come over some hill and then see the ship? Figured we would hand them this when we are getting close and they can see the ship. And in advance, sorry if our kids are hyper and excited during check in at the port!!

Debbie

ReadyForMagicBlank-1.jpg

I can't believe you have kept this a secret. We were upgraded from standard inside to deluxe oceanview and I am finding it hard to keep that a secret. See you in 6 days.

Debbie, they're going to be SO EXCITED!!!! Too cool! And don't worry about them being crazy--they'll blend right in, remember we're travelling 4 adults and SIX kids :rotfl2: They're gonna be wacko. :yay::yay::yay::dance3::jumping1:

Wasn't it yesterday that we were doing the one month countdown? Now it's just DAYS away!!!!

I'm still no where near packed...

Grey hair done - CHECK :lmao:
Waxing :rolleyes1 - CHECK

Too funny! :rotfl: You crack me up!

Got myself most of the way packed. Waiting to pick up yet another suitcase so I can put the FE stuf and all the misc. I'm up to 4 huge suitcase now! UGH! This is really going to hurt when we check in at the airport!:scared1:

I'm going through my lists to make sure I haven't forgotten anything but I KNOW I will because I alway do. The only things that aren't on the list are the important stuff (deodorant, toothbrush, perfume) so I'm sure I'll be making a stop at the closest Target/Walmart on Friday evening.

I've started like 8 things today and haven't managed to finish any yet. Laundry, cleaning, bills, checking my lists and yet here I am on Facebook and this board to see what everyone is up to today! I wish I could stay focused but this is more fun!:banana:

BTW - here is what we plan to give the kids in an envelope when we are entering the port area - I understand you come over some hill and then see the ship? Figured we would hand them this when we are getting close and they can see the ship. And in advance, sorry if our kids are hyper and excited during check in at the port!!
[/IMG]
Debbie - This is cool! No worries about crazy kids. It's the Disney cruise, we're all crazy! And yes, when you crest the hill you can see the ship. :thumbsup2

I can't believe you have kept this a secret. We were upgraded from standard inside to deluxe oceanview and I am finding it hard to keep that a secret. See you in 6 days.
Do you have your new stateroom number for the FE? I have you listed in room 2000. I want to make sure we deliver to the right cabin.

FE stuff - when I put it all together I freaked out how much it weighs and space it takes up. I am trying to put it together by cabin - can someone post a summary of cabin changes so I can make sure to get that updated on my sheet. I did not make a note of them but hoping someone is tracking the changes so I don't need to go back through all the pages of posts. Thanks

I am worried about suitcases - probably paking way too much for the kids but feel like they need daytime pool/beach clothes, dinner/show/photo clothes and comfy stuff for the kids club at night. Add in the shoes and it is almost 2suitcases just for the kids. Plus the FE stuff and things I have for my kids to put in the cabins before they arrive (stuffed mickey/minnie and goody bag with trading pins, markers, stickers, etc.) - yikes this is kind of crazy.

Of course did not get as much done this AM as I wanted - kids are on their way back home. Still need to get me packed - yikes!

Yep - no one has posted any new rooms since the FE list went out so we should be good. The only changes now will be the one's that come at Port. Pixie Dust for everyone! pixiedust:pixiedust:
Jen-n-greg got their upgrade to 6142 and 6140. I had different numbers on my chart. :confused3 I figure we'll nail it down at the meet on the first day.

DD packed her car/ship carry-on bag. Apparently she needed 3 notebooks, a bunch of DS games (forgot to pack the DS though :rolleyes:), a bouncy ball :confused3, books (good) and to top it off - a pair of chopsticks and one of those small tornado tubes. :confused3 I took the last 2 items out of her bag and her response was "Well when I need to have chopsticks and a pocket tornado, you'll be sorry." :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Of course she said it laughing. :goodvibes Not quite sure what she was thinking but she was scurrying around the house grabbing as much as she could. :goodvibes Crazy kid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter