Nov. 28, 2009 Western - Post Thanksgiving Relaxation Cruise

Still working on my formal gown. Almost finished.:thumbsup2 Only a week and a day till we start our drive down. :cloud9: Now if only I can stop having those nightmares of getting to port and not having everything:scared1::scared1::scared1:. It happens every year about a week before vacation.

On the water question -- I have heard there is a walgreens or cvs or the like very close to the port in Key West and that many people on the Western itinerary actually buy a case there to bring on board.
I have stocked up on crystal light lemonade packets and will pack a couple of large empty sport water bottles, since I live on water. I just add a tiny bit of the lemon flavoring because I enjoy lemon in my water.

You are correct. There is a CVS very close to port. we hit it for stuff we forgot or needed. and a pepsi for me (hate coke, like pepsi)

You are correct. There is a CVS very close to port. we hit it for stuff we forgot or needed. and a pepsi for me (hate coke, like pepsi)

I'm with you Jeff. Mt. Dew!! :thumbsup2 Can't live without the stuff. Trying to decide how to bring enough but that just answered my question!

Gown is finished. Now all I have to do is hope for a good night sleep without any trip nightmares.

11 more days till the cruise. 8 more till we start driving down to Florida.

Morning everyone!!! One more weekend to pack and get everything done. Now if we could just sell these last 17 boxes of GS cookies, all would be well. :thumbsup2

We leave one week from today! I cannot wait!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Good pointer on the water. I was wondering how I would get some onboard...I'm not really down with paying the 40 bucks a case...and I drink a LOT of water. I will prolly do the "fill up at the drink station"....but I'm thinking that having a case would be good too. We go through a case within days....I don't drink soda or anything (well as far as non alocoholic beverages...;))...so water is a MUST!

I can't wait to see the formal gown! I'm impressed that you're so talented....:)

MMMM...you keep talking about those GS cookies Allison...and it's making me drool...lol...Does this mean I should be seeing my local GS's outside of the stores soon? HEY WAIT--Jen...Your GS isn't selling cookies? I almost had my very own GS this year--but the darn invite only Gymnastics class was offered only ONE day/time...the SAME day/time as GS's....

I feel like I'm really getting somewhere with the packing. I have packed all the kids day clothes (well...no thanks to the cat...who overtunred my FINISHED/organized suitcase....Grrrrrr)...and PJ's. I've gathered almost all the "beach ware"....and decided what the kids/me will wear for dinners and have it all set aside. I had to get Cohen a few pairs of pants for dinner...and a couple shirts. I'm still bummed that he doesn't fit into many of his collard shortsleeve shirts...and no stores are really selling that right now.

Now, I just have to make sure I don't forget those things that can't really be packed in advace (all the stuff we use daily)...That is the stuff I tend to forget...and that stresses me out because I can't pack it until the day of...AND THE CAMERA--I swear I'm always forgeting the camera...

It's only a little over a WEEK until we leave. I really can't believe how fast this week is going....Usually when I'm so excited for something time stands still. I'm sure each day next week will feel like an eternity...hehe..I think it helps that Thanksgiving is next week (YUM! I love turkey day!) and we leave the next day....Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

FE Gifts are done. I can't believe it. We are packed. Is it the 28th yet? In the past year my parents have divorced after 40 years of marriage, I graduated from college (at age 39) and my husband was promoted to Sergeant at the local Police Dept. That doesn't even take into consideration the 8 and 12 year olds that I call my little blessing. I NEED THIS CRUISE!!!!!!

Can't wait to meet all of you. This group will make this a trip we will never forget.
:dance3:

Can't wait to meet all of you. This group will make this a trip we will never forget.
:dance3:

I can't agree more! Even though it's a family vacation, it's always more fun when you get to know other people that are in the same place (place in life, etc) that you are! I'm SOOOO excited to meet everyone. The itsy bitsy pieces that I've learned about each of you has made the anticipation of this vacation SO worth it! :banana: (token banana for the previous cruisers!)

Tomorrow is a big day for me! Getting my hair done! I've been delaying so I could get it done right before we go so it looks great....not that anyone else will care but me BUT. Also picking up the last borrowed suitcase so that I can put my stuff in. Also stopping by Home Depot to pick up my Green Mickey Head so that you can all find me in the Terminal! :yay: We leave next Friday! :cool1:

Shelley

I can't agree more! Even though it's a family vacation, it's always more fun when you get to know other people that are in the same place (place in life, etc) that you are! I'm SOOOO excited to meet everyone. The itsy bitsy pieces that I've learned about each of you has made the anticipation of this vacation SO worth it! :banana: (token banana for the previous cruisers!)

Tomorrow is a big day for me! Getting my hair done! I've been delaying so I could get it done right before we go so it looks great....not that anyone else will care but me BUT(I'm a hairdresser, so I will be checking it out LOL.). Also picking up the last borrowed suitcase so that I can put my stuff in. Also stopping by Home Depot to pick up my Green Mickey Head (Thanks for the reminder. Just found them under my computer keyboard)so that you can all find me in the Terminal! :yay: We leave next Friday! :cool1:

Shelley

Got lots to do yet and just doesn't seem to be enough time. And yet it can't get here soon enough. Isn't time a funny thing. When you're trying to get stuff done it goes fast, but when you're waiting for something it slows down, all at the same time. Go figure.

See you all soon if that part of time goes a little faster.:lmao:

I'm getting the hair done on Saturday. I guess we thought the same. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

And the toes get done too! No reason to have bad looking feet. :goodvibes

LOL! Brilliant minds and all that. De-greying is this week. Fingers and toes, next week. :)

Since I work in a salon I already have my haircut and if I need a cleanup I just have to sit in someones chair. I'm hoping to get a pedi, but not sure if anyone will have the time for that including me. We have a lot of hairdressers, but only 2 manicurists. If not I do know how to do it myself, just not as relaxing. As for color, I just recently left my hair grow out to the natural. Got the last of the color cut out on the last haircut. I am mostly white with some of my blond still in it so it is more of a very light beige. I am happy with it for right now.:lmao: That could change at any time though. After all I am a hairdresser & a woman!

I've got to tell my DH. :rotfl2::rotfl2: He just shakes his head at me. I always insist on having the hair dyed before any trip/vacation. I don't want permanent memories of me with all this grey! Glad to know I'm not the only one (or in this case 4 :lmao:).

:lmao: :rotfl2: I'm going to get my hair cut on Saturday too :lmao: :rotfl2: Not only that but I'm bringing two out of three of my kids to get theirs cut as well :thumbsup2 The way I see it we're about to be in tons and tons of pictures so you may as well be able to see my kids eyes and have me not look like a peacock or something (I can hope :confused3:lmao:) :laughing:

Gown is finished. Now all I have to do is hope for a good night sleep without any trip nightmares.

11 more days till the cruise. 8 more till we start driving down to Florida.

Congrats on finishing your gown! I'm sure it looks great! According to my DH I still have about 5 days before I truly start freaking out over what is or isn't packed... or many of the other details! :)

Oh, and a question...

What does everyone have planned pre-cruise?

We're flying out on a 5:35 on Friday evening, and we've hired a van (with a grocey stop to pick up alcohol...;)) to take us to the Raddisson at The Port. We're booked on the 10am shuttle to the port.....YAY!!!!

I still have to pick up my Lime Green Mickey paint chips from Home Depot....but I will have them for sure so you can spot up at the Terminal (or just listen for the kids screaming??? cause it'll be 4 adults and 6 kids....;))...

I can't wait to meet you all.

Since I work in a salon I already have my haircut and if I need a cleanup I just have to sit in someones chair. I'm hoping to get a pedi, but not sure if anyone will have the time for that including me. We have a lot of hairdressers, but only 2 manicurists. If not I do know how to do it myself, just not as relaxing. As for color, I just recently left my hair grow out to the natural. Got the last of the color cut out on the last haircut. I am mostly white with some of my blond still in it so it is more of a very light beige. I am happy with it for right now.:lmao: That could change at any time though. After all I am a hairdresser & a woman!

I have a cosmo license too so I totally understand! Seems like you're the last one to get your hair done! You would think it would be the other way around! I can do my own pedi but I decided it's worth paying to have someone else do it just to get my vacation started out just right! I'm leaving work early on Tues. next week to get it done. Our kids don't have school on Wed. because of conferences so I won't have any time to do it then. But, it'll be a good day for them to pack their airplane activity bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter