Nov. 24, 2010 4 Day Wonder Turkey Cruise!

Not to be rude but I am thinking the mods dont like all the TA discussions.
And it seems as though the thread is starting to block out the normal discussions with everyone. No one wants our fellow passengers feeling cut out of a thread they started over a year ago. When we all joined in a few days ago.
How about all the TA's try to get together oneday on the cruise and we can chat about work related stuff?
Hope I didnt step on toes :love:

On the kids club, we have only sailed the Magic but I dont think there is much different about the kids club for that age (3-10)
They do have the kids seperated by age. And they rotate them from Disney's Oceaneer Club, Lab, and other places around the ship.
When one age group is in the club, another age group would be in the lab...
We have never saw a 3 year old in the the 10 year olds.
My DD is almost 10 and is accustomed to being with older kids also but I am sure she will be fine.

Great idea!! We definitely don't want to spoil anyone's fun or planning by talking about industry stuff.

I am glad to hear that the kids are separated by age. My stepdaughter is 8 and was looking forward to spending time with kids a little older than she is.

My stepdaughter is 8 and was looking forward to spending time with kids a little older than she is.

We need to make sure they all meet the first day. :littleangel:
I am pretty sure there was a meet and greet mentioned.
Can someone verify when and where?

For those who are new to the thread, the previously suggested Dis-Meet would be Deck 10 Starboard (overlooking the pier) right after the mandatory drill and just before the Sail-a-way party....

Also, Wendy's husband and I will be very easy to spot both on Deck 10 and at the port (or anywhere else I suppose) as we are both about 6'8" tall...

Chuck:cool1:

Here is the info on the meet from an earlier post.

Since there are so many veteran Turkey Day cruises, do any of you have tips for us first timers? Is there anything you wish you had known before your first Turkey Day cruise?

For those of you using Oriental Trading company to buy FE goodies there is a coupon code that will save you $10 on order of $79 or more and give you free shipping.

ACNOV10

:)

Not to be rude but I am thinking the mods dont like all the TA discussions.
And it seems as though the thread is starting to block out the normal discussions with everyone. No one wants our fellow passengers feeling cut out of a thread they started over a year ago. When we all joined in a few days ago.
How about all the TA's try to get together oneday on the cruise and we can chat about work related stuff?
Hope I didnt step on toes :love:

On the kids club, we have only sailed the Magic but I dont think there is much different about the kids club for that age (3-10)
They do have the kids seperated by age. And they rotate them from Disney's Oceaneer Club, Lab, and other places around the ship.
When one age group is in the club, another age group would be in the lab...
We have never saw a 3 year old in the the 10 year olds.
My DD is almost 10 and is accustomed to being with older kids also but I am sure she will be fine.

I second that motion...I think it's best not to discuss industry related things on this thread. I try to not to blend work with play anyway. I bet 90% of my fellow Dis'ers don't even know that I am a Travel Agent. Just that I worked for Disney for 10 years, because it says retired on my profile. We could all PM each other though now that we know who we all are and set up a meet and greet onboard.

I called the minute they put the cruises out and there were no insides available, only OV and Balcony. It was worth the extra $130 to get the balcony. I probably would have gotten and inside though that day. When I called back a few days later though, they had all three levels available. I had my assigment by then though, so didn't move down to inside.

We got our trip paid for by my DHs work...he is celebrating ten years with them, so they are paying up to $2000 for any trip. Since the cruise wasn't even half that, we have LOTS of spending money!!

Wow, that's an awesome appreciation for 10 years of service. Where does he work and our they hiring! :) Enjoy, need some help spending that? LOL! You know if I had all that extra I would absolutely be booking the Dream while onboard. :)

We cruised on the Magic in Feb of this year and they had just changed the kids program. They still have the club and lab, but they don't make one age group stay in a certain area anymore. The kids have the choice to go to either any time they want. So, there could be a 4 yr old in the same place as a 10 yr old.

My daughter is 6, and she actually liked it better than in 2009 when she was forced to stay in a certain activity because of her age.

Well the Dis-Meet has been set per the earlier post (reprinted above on this page) and I believe Wendy is putting together some form of mini-Navigator to that end as well.

As to FE, I am not aware of who has or has not PM'd Jennifer...therefore, and I will apologize to Jennifer in advance if this is all under control and I am just out of the loop, please respond to this post if you want to participate in the FE...unless Jennifer posts something negating the need for same...

The families I knew originally were Jennifer, Larry, Wendy and Chuck (me), plus one more who I cannot find in my quick and rather cursory scan of this thread.

Also, the other answer I meant to include in the prior post is that there have been very mixed reviews on the Wonder's policy of mixing the kids by activity rather than by age...generally, those parents with multiple kids like the idea and those with one child have often liked it less so on average...

However, what has worked very nicely is for the 11-13 year old tween set...the new Out and About program for them has been a strong success and our son loved it on our last cruise in August 2010.

Well the Dis-Meet has been set per the earlier post (reprinted above on this page) and I believe Wendy is putting together some form of mini-Navigator to that end as well.

As to FE, I am not aware of who has or has not PM'd Jennifer...therefore, and I will apologize to Jennifer in advance if this is all under control and I am just out of the loop, please respond to this post if you want to participate in the FE...unless Jennifer posts something negating the need for same...

The families I knew originally were Jennifer, Larry, Wendy and Chuck (me), plus one more who I cannot find in my quick and rather cursory scan of this thread.

We are in on FE

Wendy, Larry & Lindsey (Age 11) # 2601

Thanks

OK, I knew I was correct in that they are mixing the ages. I hope it works out for my two. From what I have read, there really aren't a lot of three yr olds in with the ten yr olds because of the interest in the activity, but it can happen.

please respond to this post if you want to participate in the FE...

We are in for the FE
DS 13
DD 9
Me
cabin 6307

I have heard different ways of doing the FE. Are we doing the one family assigned another family for the day? Or has that been talked about yet?

OK, I knew I was correct in that they are mixing the ages. .

Sorry for the mis info. We last sailed Magic Nov. of last year. And it wasnt that way then. At the time my daughter was 8 and she was always with the kids her age. I am shocked they allow the kids to be actually together now. Seems it would be a liability issue. With the amount of kids on Disney cruises.
I am also confused on how it works, I mean a 3 yr old has to stay put. So I guess its really that the older kids that have sign out privilages can go into where the younger group is? So if you think about it, its just like you said, that is not going to happen often. Maybe if they have a younger sibling / friend they want to be with.

I think and could be wrong ,that its just the Wonder doing this!? We were on the Magic in Dec. last year and they had a 3 age range on the groups.

I believe the Magic still has the old system for the kids, but not the Wonder.

We are in for the FE
DS 13
DD 9
Me
cabin 6307

I have heard different ways of doing the FE. Are we doing the one family assigned another family for the day? Or has that been talked about yet?

We are planning on giving gifts to all families participating in FE. Our DS loves going around the ship like a scavenger hunt and finding all of the FEs and dropping off gifts.

Lisa

I think and could be wrong ,that its just the Wonder doing this!? We were on the Magic in Dec. last year and they had a 3 age range on the groups.

Not sure about the Magic. However, the Wonder this summer had the new system where all children ages 3-10 were able to choose any activity in the Lab or Club at any time. Our DS who had been a huge fan of the OC and OL really did not like the new mixture. However, he had a wonderful time in the Out and About program (I believe ages 10-12 with sign out privileges). The only shortcomings of Out and About is that the Wonder does not have a real Tween space. As a result, some activities were in the Conference Rooms on Deck 2 and other activities were on various decks. Also, unlike the other programs that run all day and evening, the Out and About programs are for definite blocks of time. This summer, Out and About had 3 counselors and the same 3 counselors were at every activity. They needed breaks b/w activities. Our DS loved the counselors and the activities!!

Lisa

Hi Gang! I'm SO sorry I've been away from the boards--it has been a hairy few weeks!

I'm working on the FE list right now and will have it completed in a few minutes. Hold tight!

:cool1:

Sorry..I have email, PM and thread requests, so I wanted to wade through them all one more time and make sure I have everyone.

Here are the screen names of the participants that I have. Please let me know if I missed anyone (I apologize if I did)! I left off identifying information and stateroom numbers and will PM them to each person.

I will be online tonight and early tomorrow (and throughout the day), so I"ll check in for updates. At least now we have totals! :cool1:

KimMS--2 adults, one girl age 6
gtali97--2 adults, one girl age 8
nettii--2 adults, two boys ages 16 & 9
tinkerbell99mom--2 adults, one girl age 11
ICEMANPAD--2 adults, one boy age 11 (I don't have your stateroom number)
Larry Gadget--2 adults, two girls ages 12 and 14
Beccadoby--1 adult, one boy age 13, one girl age 9
Allisonjones--2 adults, 2 kids age 6 and 4 (could you send me genders)
Zanygirl--2 adults, 2 girls ages 1 and 5
BuckeyeJennifer--2 adults, one girl age 3

when we are docked in Nassau....do they continue to have the Kid's activities on board the ship? DH and I are planning to spend the day at Sandals Bahamian and our DS (13) is worried that there wouldn't be anything for him to do with other kids on board....we just cruised the Magic, but we were all scuba diving at our ports of call, so it wasn't an issue. Thanks for any info! :banana:

Hi Gang! I'm SO sorry I've been away from the boards--it has been a hairy few weeks!

I'm working on the FE list right now and will have it completed in a few minutes. Hold tight!

:cool1:

Jennifer:

We all really appreciate your hard work on this... It gets crazy around our house too !!! Thanks again !!

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter