Nov. 24, 2010 4 Day Wonder Turkey Cruise!

I'm with Carlson Wagonlit. I was a corporate agent for years and then moved into data and reporting. I remember taking cruises on Carnival for $35/per person per day, but nothing like this fabulouse TA rate on Disney. We have a deposit on the Dream for April 7. Unfortunately it is retail and we could only book a verandah cabin. We'll decide after the Turkey Day cruise if we will still do the Dream in April. We are spending 5 days at Disney before the April cruise so may just decide to do a couple of extra days in Orlando and skip the April cruise to save some money.
:)

$25 pp???? For which cruise and for how long??? I've NEVER seen a cruise at that rate for TA's! WOW...sorry I missed it!:confused:

The call from Mickey did not work for us! :confused3 The phone rang, Mason pressed #1 per the directions and then some music played and the call disconnected. Five minutes later the same thing repeated. :confused3 I tried rescheduling on line, but I received a message that said that a call had already been scheduled. Oh well!! We tried. :confused: :sad2: :sad1:

Lisa

Oh man what a pooper. :( I wonder what will happen if you don't answer at all? I was hoping to not answer it and let me voicemail pick up so I can have it recorded. Guess that may not work either...we'll see my call is the Sunday befor our cruise.

Do many people dress up for Pirate's night? This is our first cruise and we found tons of pirate costumes and gear super cheap after Halloween.

Well it's been a few years since I have been on DCL and back then Pirate Night and the fireworks were a "new" thing and everyone dressed up. Their were so many Jack Sparrows running around that they could have an awesome costume contest. But, I am thinking the adults probably aren't into it as much now.

Personally, I'll be wearing black jeans with a pirate shirt and I'll be decorating my outfit with all those cute pirate night bandanas they hand out at dinner - I got a handful now. :) I figure that way I am particpating, but not going over board, plus less to pack! LOL! Gosh, speaking of packing- I have to go work on that some more now. TTFN....

$25 pp???? For which cruise and for how long??? I've NEVER seen a cruise at that rate for TA's! WOW...sorry I missed it!:confused:

They actually had some $25 rates this year on the Disney Cruise Ships for the longer transatlantic cruises this year. They had quite a few $25 rates last year. I took a 7-Night Eastern and Western last year at those rates. You can't pass them up at that price!

I'm with Carlson Wagonlit. I was a corporate agent for years and then moved into data and reporting. I remember taking cruises on Carnival for $35/per person per day, but nothing like this fabulouse TA rate on Disney. We have a deposit on the Dream for April 7. Unfortunately it is retail and we could only book a verandah cabin. We'll decide after the Turkey Day cruise if we will still do the Dream in April. We are spending 5 days at Disney before the April cruise so may just decide to do a couple of extra days in Orlando and skip the April cruise to save some money.
:)

I do think Disney offers the best rates!

Well it's been a few years since I have been on DCL and back then Pirate Night and the fireworks were a "new" thing and everyone dressed up. Their were so many Jack Sparrows running around that they could have an awesome costume contest. But, I am thinking the adults probably aren't into it as much now.

Personally, I'll be wearing black jeans with a pirate shirt and I'll be decorating my outfit with all those cute pirate night bandanas they hand out at dinner - I got a handful now. :) I figure that way I am particpating, but not going over board, plus less to pack! LOL! Gosh, speaking of packing- I have to go work on that some more now. TTFN....

I agree with you! Alot of the adults really do not dress up. Most of the people that dress up are the kids. The adults tend to wear bandanas or hats for the night. It is still alot of fun! I did not think about hitting up after Halloween sales for the kids - great idea!

I saw the $25 pp rates, but wasn't that per DAY? I would have booked it in a heartbeat but I can't take that much time off work in a row....have to break it up throughout the year....I get 7 weeks, but still can't take more than 5 work days in a row....MAYBE 6 if I take the Friday before, but that's the most I've tried at one time...haha. Can't WAIT for our very first THANKSGIVING cruise....it's already gotten cooler here so I will be ready for some more HEAT!:dance3::dance3:

We would LOVE to change ours, but hey...at the rate we paid, can't hardly complain, but I do NOT by choice book a cabin at the back of the ship...tried to swap to another Cat 10 cabin (which there are several available), but was told that we can't change unless we ask at the pier....they said we can upgrade or go back to a GTY status, but that was our only choice....I told my hubby it's all his fault since he insisted on booking an INSIDE cabin..HA HA...oh well no matter what cabin we are in, we will have an AWESOME cruise! :cool1:

I called the minute they put the cruises out and there were no insides available, only OV and Balcony. It was worth the extra $130 to get the balcony. I probably would have gotten and inside though that day. When I called back a few days later though, they had all three levels available. I had my assigment by then though, so didn't move down to inside.

We got our trip paid for by my DHs work...he is celebrating ten years with them, so they are paying up to $2000 for any trip. Since the cruise wasn't even half that, we have LOTS of spending money!!

I saw the $25 pp rates, but wasn't that per DAY? I would have booked it in a heartbeat but I can't take that much time off work in a row....have to break it up throughout the year....I get 7 weeks, but still can't take more than 5 work days in a row....MAYBE 6 if I take the Friday before, but that's the most I've tried at one time...haha. Can't WAIT for our very first THANKSGIVING cruise....it's already gotten cooler here so I will be ready for some more HEAT!:dance3::dance3:

Yes, it was per person per day! I am excited, too. I have never tried a cruise during a major holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas, so this will be different for us. My husband already bought this huge blow up Turkey that he wants to use to decorate the door. I think he is going a little crazy!

Disney cruises for TAs are almost always $25 a day, per person. Royal Caribbean is $40 per day, but never taken one of those at their TA rates. They just lowered the Disney ones though to $15 per day. Thats for insides though. I think we paid $30 a day for the balcony, but not sure. We have to prepay gratuities, so not sure how it worked out. Its a good 85% off regular rates though.

Disney cruises for TAs are almost always $25 a day, per person. Royal Caribbean is $40 per day, but never taken one of those at their TA rates. They just lowered the Disney ones though to $15 per day. Thats for insides though. I think we paid $30 a day for the balcony, but not sure. We have to prepay gratuities, so not sure how it worked out. Its a good 85% off regular rates though.

I got in on the $15 pp per day rate for the Inside. For me, that is less money than it costs us to host a Thanksgiving Dinner for me family. We are actually making some money on this vacation! :cool1:

Any word from Jennifer on the FE cut-off? Definitely want to get that shopping out of the way....

Kim

so I will for SURE be watching for $40 TA rates on RCCL and/or $35 on Carnival....saw Holland America has 7 nights for $199 TA rate which I WISH I could have booked....looking at spring for next cruise for my daughter's spring break.....:banana:

Well, we are close to retail on this one, but, we have had some exceptional rates in the past, though I cannot go into details, so we really have nothing to complain about....this will be our 7th straight Turkey week cruise and I think the 3rd or 4th with Wendy and family, though the others were on the Magic.

As to the location on the ship, I really do not think it will matter b/c this is a slow speed cruise as the ship is not going very far....if we were heading out to St Maarten, location would matter much more for anyone prone to seasickness b/c then the ships goes full speed quite often....on this cruise, the only possible slightly rough spot may be the first evening, as always, cutting across the gulf stream, and then only b/c many people do not yet have their sealegs.

The other thing I suggest for those asking about room location is to go to passporter.com or buy a copy of the passporter book on Disney cruises...the book identifies the pros and cons about many of the rooms, including those to possibly avoid and why....best book we have seen out there on the subject of Disney cruises, and we have sampled most of them...

Chuck:cool1:

so I will for SURE be watching for $40 TA rates on RCCL and/or $35 on Carnival....saw Holland America has 7 nights for $199 TA rate which I WISH I could have booked....looking at spring for next cruise for my daughter's spring break.....:banana:

Carnival and Princess have changed their programs. They only let you book a TA rate if you are a cruise agent. Since I work for an agency but don't book cruises I wasn't able to get a TA rate on Carnival and Princess. For RCCL and Holland America are there any special sites you need to join like with Disney?

RCCL is cruisingpower.com. They have a list of available cruises and a form you fax in.

Disney does make it super easy for us to get their discounts, since we only have to have CLIA and not IATAN.

And just so we don't get kick off this thread for discussing things unrelated..............

What is this I am reading about the Kids Club being all ages (3-10) combined??? My 10 year old already is worried about it thinking its the typical 8-10 range. We cruised Disney last December and while she loved it, compared to RCCL, she didn't! RCCL was much much better suited for her. She wants to be active at all times and Disney doesn't provide that...too much free time. Where my 7 year old actually does better with that.

IT's a short cruise and it will work out, plenty for us to do. But just curious what everyone knows about the new kids club layout.

And just so we don't get kick off this thread for discussing things unrelated..............

What is this I am reading about the Kids Club being all ages (3-10) combined??? My 10 year old already is worried about it thinking its the typical 8-10 range. .

Not to be rude but I am thinking the mods dont like all the TA discussions.
And it seems as though the thread is starting to block out the normal discussions with everyone. No one wants our fellow passengers feeling cut out of a thread they started over a year ago. When we all joined in a few days ago.
How about all the TA's try to get together oneday on the cruise and we can chat about work related stuff?
Hope I didnt step on toes :love:

On the kids club, we have only sailed the Magic but I dont think there is much different about the kids club for that age (3-10)
They do have the kids seperated by age. And they rotate them from Disney's Oceaneer Club, Lab, and other places around the ship.
When one age group is in the club, another age group would be in the lab...
We have never saw a 3 year old in the the 10 year olds.
My DD is almost 10 and is accustomed to being with older kids also but I am sure she will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter