Nov 23rd cruisers

DisneyDarwin

Mouseketeer
Gee, the "Who's Cruising" list makes me feel lonely! Not really, but I would be interested in talking with, and possibly meeting, any fellow DISers...if there are any!

Aren't you lucky to be going again! We are jealous.

Have a great trip.

Allison

Hi Allison! Well they made me an offer I didn't want to refuse, so here we go. We just cruised the 7 day and went home last time. This time we're doing 2 days before and 4 after at WDW. So, I can get rested on the cruise and exhausted at the world!

Disney Darwin - I'll be there on the 23rd! Got a great offer, and jumped on it for my family of 4, and another family of 4... So we know 3 staterooms will be taken anyway! Is there any other reliable way of finding out how full the ship will be? Or does anyone out there have any historical info on cruising just before Thanksgiving?

John in MD

Disney Magic 7/98, 2/99
WDW 41times since 1979

Originally posted by DisneyDarwin
Hi Allison! Well they made me an offer I didn't want to refuse, so here we go. We just cruised the 7 day and went home last time. This time we're doing 2 days before and 4 after at WDW. So, I can get rested on the cruise and exhausted at the world!

If I recall correctly, went home last year not feeling too well...?

If you can believe it, I could not get DD to miss school to go this year! She had a bad time of it with the teacher last year and so now she is aiming not to miss any school on purpose. I am hoping to get her to change her mind for next year, but if I have to, I guess we'll have to cruise during a vacation period.

Are you doing the Western again? Your DD must be so psyched! What a trip! Where are you staying at the World? I still can't believe we never met last year, although DD is sure she met your DD.

We'll be joining you for our first-ever cruise (deck 8). Will be me, wife, DD 6, DS 4 and DD 1. We will be doing WDW for the 4 days before the cruise, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge (also first time to WDW)--not sure who's more excited me or the kids!

Having an empty ship sounds pretty good to me. But then again maybe I have just read too many guide books jammed full of suggestions on how to enjoy yourself notwithstanding the crowds!

BTW, we have 3 other cabins with family members along with us, all celebrating my mom's [age deleted by request] birthday! :D

Alan in MD

McNuss, sorry to hear about hassles with the teacher, that's not right. We didn't miss any school last time, but will miss a couple of days at the front and back end of this trip. DD's teachers are cool with it and we'll have her caught up before she goes back to class on Tuesday.

We're taking a 4 day staying at a Priceline hotel TBD for the two days beforehand and All-Star Movies after. We're going to La Nouba, an Illuminations cruise, the candlelight processional, an FDP, and MVMCP. Mom is joining us after the cruise, and my brother is cruising for his first time with DD and me. This one is 4 days on the Wonder; probably our last 4 day, I'm hooked on 7 day cruises after last year. I took this one only because of the discount from that illness thing. Wish y'all were there!

John and Alan, we'd love to meet you and your families, perhaps we can set something up. I'll certainly be easy to spot the first day, I'll be wearing a yellow CC shirt with character and CM signatures all over it...hard to miss. We've got an inside cabin at the back of deck 7...I went inexpensive on this whole trip. We've requested the first dinner seating. I'm green with envy about your stay in the AK lodge, I couldn't part with the bucks this trip. We are going over to eat at Boma's one evening so we can scope it out.

That teacher was a pain all year, so I should not have been surprised when she sent home 20+ pages of worksheets, plus a book & vocabulary, when all DD was missing were the Mon-Wed of T-giving week. Imagine DD's fury when she got back and found out that the other kids did not do any of that work while she was gone!

Your trip sounds awesome. I thought about the 4 day but feel like you do about the 7. I've heard that people get some good deals thru PL on hotels. I've also heard some good things about hotelkingdom.com, but have never used them. We stayed recently at the Cypress Pointe timeshare off of 535 which was great. I have heard people get $89 rates there for 2BR condos!

Have a great trip and Thanksgiving. Maybe we'll get together next year!

Allison

DisneyDarwin,

We'll keep an eye out for the yellow shirt! We've requested first seating as well. Maybe we can meet--I'd gladly trade all of the scoop I can give about our experience at AKL for the advice of a Disney veteran. What is the best way for people to contact one another on the ship? I have no idea of course what our schedule will be like on board, although I do think we are going to stick around and enjoy the ship instead of Nassau.

Alan in MD

We're going to Atlantis in Nassau, it's the only thing I like there. It'll be good to swap tales. I'll send you a Private Message with my name and room number.

Hi! My husband and I and our two children (9,11) will be traveling on wonder on the 23rd!
We are first time cruisers and are really excited!

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Microbio (interesting handle),
Are your kids boys, girls, one of each? My DD is 10 and would love to "hang" with some new girlfriends. Boys, however, are only just now starting to become "not yucky". Regardless, we'd love to meet y'all! This is our 4th DCL cruise so we'd be happy to share any tips that you haven't already picked up off the boards!

Hi! My daughter is 11 and my son is 9. It would be great to get the two girls together at least!
And enjoy boys being yucky while it last. We went from our daughter being a serious tomboy to wanting to wear make-up and earrings overnight! What a shock!

Have you ever had problems with seasickness? Our daughter used to get mild car sickness and I'm wondering if I should be a little bit more prepared for some sort of motion sickness on the cruise.

What's your daughter's name and does she have an e-mail address? My DD, Bethany, could e-mail her, I'm sure they will hit it off. B just got her ears pierced this week, and she now things boys are cute or mean (pick one), but so far still hangs out with girlfriends, not would-be boyfriends.

No, we've never had a lick of trouble with seasickness. But, others on the board have, so I guess it depends on an individual's constitution. When the ship first starts moving, you DO notice it. For our part, we quickly get used to it and then take no further notice of it. We DO always notice that on the days following the cruise we feel slightly unusual on our land legs --- no feeling bad, just feeling slightly...different. It passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter