Nov. 2011

Has anyone heard anything if Disney is going to extend the free dining into November? :confused3 We are booked for the deluxe dining plan, but free dining would be a huge plus!

No word on it yet, but historically they've released the discount to the public in either July or early August, so hopefully soon!

Soon, I hope! Just today started planning. Missed last year, but very excited to visit in November. We are hoping to stay at AKL - but looking at rack rates - it just kills me!! My girls are getting to the age that we are out ALL day - so trying to figure out best place to stay.

We are also going to be there Nov. 11 - 16. Thinking about even arriving on the 10th:cool1:. No pin here either, and I've tried all the tricks. Would take 10% if I could get it. ;)

Just received a 'Disney deal' in my husband's inbox. Unfortunately, the deals being offered in the email are exactly the same as those in Disney's website's Special Offers section-- nothing for our November dates.

Hopefully we'll receive something more of a PIN *fingers crossed*. That, or a FD in November. Either one would work just as well for us :) *double fingers crossed*

Just received a 'Disney deal' in my husband's inbox. Unfortunately, the deals being offered in the email are exactly the same as those in Disney's website's Special Offers section-- nothing for our November dates.

Hopefully we'll receive something more of a PIN *fingers crossed*. That, or a FD in November. Either one would work just as well for us :) *double fingers crossed*

I received that e-mail yesterday, too. I was so excited when I saw something from Disney Destinations. I thought FINALLY I'm getting a pin, but no, it was just that ad. :sad1:

Donna

I was so excited that I got an email from Disney Destinations yesterday until I opened it and it was for DisneyLAND. Still hoping for a discount or free dining.

I got one too and was so excited when I saw the email! Boo on Disney for teasing us! I need Nov/Dec!

Has anyone had any luck with NOT receiving a pin notice, but called and found that one is attached to your name? I am wondering about whether this has happened recently:)

TIA:thumbsup2

Has anyone had any luck with NOT receiving a pin notice, but called and found that one is attached to your name? I am wondering about whether this has happened recently:)

I read yesterday on another thread, I forget which, where this was happening A LOT. I think the Nov Code Watch Group?

Yes, this happened to me. I did a lot of the tips mentioned here (saving a trip on the site, requesting the DVD, requesting the free maps, etc.). I didn't receive a pin by email or snail mail but when I called to try to apply the DY9 code that was floating around here, she couldn't do it but said there was a different code attached to my name (that code hadn't been there a few weeks earlier when I had asked if there was anything attached to my name). It gave me 35% off my room at the Beach Club. :thumbsup2

So I would encourage anyone who has done all the site tips and not received a pin to call and see if there is one attached to your name.

I read yesterday on another thread, I forget which, where this was happening A LOT. I think the Nov Code Watch Group?

IS there a Nov Code Watch Group?? I have searched and searched and cannot find it! I figured there was somewhere, but apparently I am not using the right search criteria to find it.

I sure hope free dining is coming for November. If not, I'll be cancelling my on site ressies at Pop Century and we'll stay off property to save some money. I am really hoping it doesn't come to that though... Come on Disney- show us the Magic. :wizard:

for the last 3 years, i have not gotten any notification of a pin code, yet when i called up to book our yearly Nov trip, I had a pin attached to my name, usually always by June.

But this year.. nothing yet :(

I thought this was the November code watch thread! I've been subscribed to it from the beginning...:surfweb:

:sunny:

I thought this was the November code watch thread! I've been subscribed to it from the beginning...:surfweb:

:sunny:

Yeah,
I kinda decided this must be the code watch thread also... just wondering if I was missing out on another thread somewhere that might keep me "in the know" lol. :cool2:

Also patiently waiting for a code or a PIN for November. Our dates are still flexible and we could still rent DVC points to save money instead! Oh the decisions! This is really the best time for us to go since I am so busy at work in 2012.

okay... yesterday, against my wishes, i needed to call to take my bcv studio/dxddp/4dayPH cash reservation (nov 10-14) down to asmovies because we just have too much wedding $$ stuff going on right now to justify bcv for a 4 night weekend. so when we moved it down it came to 1747, we talked about why i was downgrading, i asked him to check pins for me and my fiance--nothing. of course i was disappointed to downgrade, who wouldn't be? but at the end of the day--we're still going. so the guy said he had an offer that i would have to take or refuse today on this call and it could not be modified after that call. he offered me CSR-king bed, dxddp, 4dayPH for 1780. I didn't ask questions, I just took it. i have no clue how this happened, and not that i want to question it because it's amazing :banana: we stayed at csr for our engagement trip and we did really like it--we're very excited!!

has this happened to anyone else??

did i get random pixie dust? :wizard:

okay... yesterday, against my wishes, i needed to call to take my bcv studio/dxddp/4dayPH cash reservation (nov 10-14) down to asmovies because we just have too much wedding $$ stuff going on right now to justify bcv for a 4 night weekend. so when we moved it down it came to 1747, we talked about why i was downgrading, i asked him to check pins for me and my fiance--nothing. of course i was disappointed to downgrade, who wouldn't be? but at the end of the day--we're still going. so the guy said he had an offer that i would have to take or refuse today on this call and it could not be modified after that call. he offered me CSR-king bed, dxddp, 4dayPH for 1780. I didn't ask questions, I just took it. i have no clue how this happened, and not that i want to question it because it's amazing :banana: we stayed at csr for our engagement trip and we did really like it--we're very excited!!

has this happened to anyone else??

did i get random pixie dust? :wizard:

Is it just me...... or does making a reservation at Disney now seem more and more like a trip to a used car lot!

Seriously....... these "take it now, don't hang up, can't make any revision" things make me feel like I'm sitting in the showroom waiting for the salesperson to consult with sales manager!

Is it just me...... or does making a reservation at Disney now seem more and more like a trip to a used car lot!

Seriously....... these "take it now, don't hang up, can't make any revision" things make me feel like I'm sitting in the showroom waiting for the salesperson to consult with sales manager!

lol, it did feel a little like that. oh well... i'm pretty happy with the outcome. next year we get to stay at bwv-studio in may and for the wedding a split stay in bwv-1br and blt-lv-1br.... i guess we can stick out a moderate this time :laughing: we've actually never stayed at a value--that's why i was kind of nervous about asmovies. i know there's no need to be... but i still kinda was.

i wish he would have been like.... but wait!... there's more! that would have cracked me up.

lol, it did feel a little like that. oh well... i'm pretty happy with the outcome. next year we get to stay at bwv-studio in may and for the wedding a split stay in bwv-1br and blt-lv-1br.... i guess we can stick out a moderate this time :laughing: we've actually never stayed at a value--that's why i was kind of nervous about asmovies. i know there's no need to be... but i still kinda was.

i wish he would have been like.... but wait!... there's more! that would have cracked me up.

I was going to call and check to see if I have any deals attached to my name....... but now I'm afraid to. I'm waiting for free dining, and don't want to have to make an on the spot, non-changeable decision! One of the things I like about planning our Disney trips is the ability to change if I need to.

I'm glad you got a deal to make this work for you though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter