Nov. 2011

This code is a bounceback offer. Those who are getting agents to use it are not supposed to be using it. It is for those who are currently staying on property at Disney who want to book for next trip. I know there are some who claim to have gotten it to work, but that's not what this code was intended for. You can try and call and see if you can get it to work, but I'm betting against it happening. Some have claimed it was for a percentage off, other claim it was for free dining. I think that they have gotten a cast member who has applied a different pin or code and not necessarily the DY9. Good luck in whatever you decide to try. ;)

I can use my bounce back code which is different than DY9. i called during my stay in may and what i wanted wasn't available so I was told I could call back and keep checking.

Actually, if you call Disney directly and ask - it's about 99% that you will be told this is a bouceback offer. The code does change every so often and as has been posted by about 40 people already on this thread....that's what it is. Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for. There are MANY of us who have tried it repeatedly (to see if it is bounceback or a regular public offer) and bounceback is what it is. I, too, wonder what will happen if Disney sees you have booked a bounceback you aren't entitle to use. I'm willing to use it if it is one that my vacation is eligible for. I'm not willing to try and use a bounceback that I have no business using and then finding a problem with my vacation later. Not worth the hassle.

Actually, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the CM's who DO apply this for people over the phone get in trouble for it later.

Actually, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the CM's who DO apply this for people over the phone get in trouble for it later.

And what will happen when those vacationers check in and are informed that they were not eligible for a bounce-back? Will Disney be able to charge them full rack rates?

I am not a gambler willing to test it out for everyone. I hope it works for those of you who have booked at the bounceback rate but also wonder if those booking with an invalid bounceback will use up so many rooms that FD for November and December will not be offered.

There have been people who have posted that have had additional charges when checking in because they used a code they weren't eligible for. Wouldn't that be a shocker!

My question is why is the first week of November blocked out? I called and she said this code was for Dlx dining but my week was blacked out. It isn't Jersey week or Veteran's day. What is going on that week? If it is going to be super busy I will switch to the week after Veterans day, but I am nervous about the first day or two being busy and the last few days being the weekend before Tgiving. I didn't have any issues getting ADRs for the first week of November.

To be clear, I'm not recommending trying to use a code you are not eligible for. But surely just calling and asking if there are any discounts available wouldn't hurt? That is what I did, and the CM found me a 40% off discount. I have no idea what code they used.

And what will happen when those vacationers check in and are informed that they were not eligible for a bounce-back? Will Disney be able to charge them full rack rates?

I think once you have paid your package in full on its terms, Disney would have no legal (or other) grounds to suddenly charge you more money once you show up at the Check-in desk.

As I have mentioned numerous times, my CM had the DY9 code approved by guest services before she applied it to our two rooms. When she returned from guest services, her first comment to me was it must be your lucky day!.... I am not at all concerned that this discount will be taken away. I was also told by the CM that I was a loyal Disney vacationer because she mentioned that guest services told her that my sister and I travel to Disney together every fall so they must have looked up our stats.

To be honest, I am a little tired about hearing that my CM is going to be in trouble for giving me this code...she had permission to do it by guest services, thereby relieving her of any responsibility.

ETA...when I booked my room, I did not even ask for a code. I expected to book at the full price and then apply the resort discount at a later date when they became available usually mid August. It was the CM who offered it to me along with approval from guest services!!!

Good luck to anyone who does get this code.

To be honest, I am a little tired about hearing that my CM is going to be in trouble for giving me this code...she had permission to do it by guest services, thereby relieving her of any responsibility.

Who exactly is "guest services"? Is this like a supervisor group or something?

Yes. When the CM has questions or problems with a person's account, they put you on hold while they speak to their 'superior' who makes the final call. They get the final say and can make allowances as they did in my case.

Two years ago my sister and I had reservations at one resort and decided to change to another. The CM checked that there were two rooms available for us before she cancelled our current rooms and by the time she went to book the second room at the new resort, it was gone. It was at CR and the CL rooms were now totally sold out. My sister had her room and at this point I didn't even have any...the CM put me on hold and went to speak to her boss and came back to tell me there was a second room made available for us. In fact because my CM had trouble transferring our down payment to the new reservation, I was transferred to guest services who told me they would call me back when everything was sorted out. An hour later, I was called and the guest service worker had everything solved and our two new rooms were exactly as we wanted.

I'm always happy when the CM puts me on hold because then I know no mistakes will be made.

I called the other day about the DY9 code and was told it was for Deluxe Dining. The CM offered me a decent deal but it was not as good as the one I already have.

I called the other day about the DY9 code and was told it was for Deluxe Dining. The CM offered me a decent deal but it was not as good as the one I already have.

Yup, you are exactly right! We do have the deluxe dining plan on our reservation. I can't wait to try all the signature restaurants this trip!!!

:thumbsup2

In May, I received a pin via e-mail. It was for a room discount. I wanted to book the Poly, but was told there was no availability. So, we booked POR. THe pin said we had to book by June 26 and travel by October 28. So, we booked for October 27 - November 8. The CM told me to keep calling back to see if the Poly came available. I called back several times...nothing. Yesterday I tried again. I also explained up front that I knew my pin expired, but I was hoping to be able to find something at the Poly and just still apply the pin already in use for the same dates even though it expired. The CM checked and got me the Poly!! :cloud9: He also told me it was probably always available and the other CM's didn't look in the right place. The code was actually for Value and Mod's but could be applied to Deluxe if you looked in a different section. Anyway the discount is for 35% of...I'm pretty happy with that! But if FD comes out, we will try for that since 4 of us are Disney adults. The CM also then told me that the discount wasn't actually expired. He said that I could book with it until November 11th and travel through December 22nd. I asked why it said the other dates in the email. He told me because Disney wants to make the bookings an urgency and also they try to fill certain dates so that's why they say the expiration is earlier than it really is. Sort-of deceiving, but it makes sense...I booked in October. We wanted to go then anyway, but it got me on the ball for sure! Anyway, moral of the long story...check on your pins...you never know what you may have, what may not have expired and what false information another cast member may have given you!!

Hello all, noob here. My family and I are wanting to go to DW Nov 14th to Nov 19th. Is there still some time for deals to come out for these dates? Or is it too late in the year? I ordered the DVD and should be signed up for special offers so keeping my fingers crossed for a pin but we may have to book shortly.

Hello all, noob here. My family and I are wanting to go to DW Nov 14th to Nov 19th. Is there still some time for deals to come out for these dates? Or is it too late in the year? I ordered the DVD and should be signed up for special offers so keeping my fingers crossed for a pin but we may have to book shortly.

Yes, the general public discounts are probably (or at least I'm really really hoping!) still to come for Nov and Dec as all that came before was almost a full year out. It looks like you would probably be in a good date frame for no blackouts since you're post Jersey week and pre-Thanksgiving as well, I think.

Remember too that you can always book now and apply a discount code as they come out as well!

I wouldn't urge folks to book sans discount. It makes the deals once they do come out not as good because Disney will not count it as a room needing to be filled.

Yes! Definitely wait, the more of us that wait, the more it encourages Disney to give us some decent discounts. I've gone the last three years in a row on FD and now I'm vowing not to go back without it. Full table service free dining for moderates or bust in my opinion.

I wouldn't urge folks to book sans discount. It makes the deals once they do come out not as good because Disney will not count it as a room needing to be filled.

That may be true, but it hasn't seemed to make a huge amount of difference as there are so many people who book and then adjust. There's also other things to take into consideration like first choice of resort, etc. For those who are going, regardless, I would definitely book to get the resort and room type you want and then apply a discount later. Of course, I am always willing to change resorts for a better deal, but if I can't get it then I'd better be able to get the resort I promised to DD.

I just booked, for November, last night! We're staying CL at the Poly and desperately need a discount code. LOL! I hope they come out soon. :)

We were debating free dining vs the room discount and I think for our family of 4 (2 being very little kids who don't each much), the room discount is a much better deal. We are definitely going with the DP this time around! We've done disney a ton, but have never booked the DP. Makes total sense. Heck $12 a day to feed my 4 y.o. is a no brainer! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter