Nov. 2011

Does anyone know how the week before Thanksgiving typically is? We are planning to go during that time next year. Is the Christmas party going on then? Are things mostly decorated? Are discounts ever offered during this time? Would the week after Thanksgiving be better? TIA!

The week b4 is supposed to be a slow time, at least I am hoping. We'll be there. Christmas decor will be up & there will be MVMCP as well. I am curious to find out if the parties that week are crowded or not. WE are thinking of doing one, but not if it's crowded.

Does anyone know how the week before Thanksgiving typically is? We are planning to go during that time next year. Is the Christmas party going on then? Are things mostly decorated? Are discounts ever offered during this time? Would the week after Thanksgiving be better? TIA!

We've been there the week between Jersey week and Thanksgiving week, and it was one of our best trips ever. The weather was perfect, crowds were slower during the week, and we went to MVMCP and Osbourne lights.:santa:

We've been there the week between Jersey week and Thanksgiving week, and it was one of our best trips ever. The weather was perfect, crowds were slower during the week, and we went to MVMCP and Osbourne lights.:santa:

How was the crowds at MVMCP that week?

How was the crowds at MVMCP that week?

It was pretty busy and crowded, which surprised me because it was only the second party that season. We missed one of the shows in the theater that was past Buzz Lightyear because it was full but we got a good spot for the parade. That was the coldest night of the week; it was in the 40's and we weren't prepared.:eek: We were freezing.

Last year I received the "Monster" and "ROOM" pin discounts in my email early June. I hoping for the same email(s) so I can go again in November cause for me it's the best time for low crowds, great weather and Christmas decor.

Did anyone receive these same pin codes last year? If so, have you received any yet so far this year? I signed up again on Disney site to receive latest discounts, but so far haven't received anything to date.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. Desparately want to go back again, but can't go unless I have a discount in hand.

Help!!!!

I'm thinking further on the Veterans day potential crowds in the parks, are the parks really uncomfortably busy that day?

I'm trying to decide whether to skip parks that day and stick to DTD or perhaps go to a shopping mall (but also concerned about the shopping malls being really busy as it's a public holiday?).

Any advice please?

I'm thinking further on the Veterans day potential crowds in the parks, are the parks really uncomfortably busy that day?

I'm trying to decide whether to skip parks that day and stick to DTD or perhaps go to a shopping mall (but also concerned about the shopping malls being really busy as it's a public holiday?).

Any advice please?

I'll preface this by saying I've never been for Veteran's Day...so this is only my impression...generally everything I've read is that it may be a slightly more crowded day than the days around it, but not the high crowds of Thanksgiving. Since it falls on a Friday, you may get more locals coming for a long weekend, but since no school systems have more than a single day off with Thanksgiving break around the corner, it isn't a super crowded day. However, since Friday is also the last weekend of Food & Wine, AND more people will be off for the holiday, I expect Epcot to be the most crowded on that day.

(We actually have a day off the 11th for Vetran's day, and another day off the next week for PTC (parent teacher conference) and so are taking advantage of two off days from school.)

I'll preface this by saying I've never been for Veteran's Day...so this is only my impression...generally everything I've read is that it may be a slightly more crowded day than the days around it, but not the high crowds of Thanksgiving. Since it falls on a Friday, you may get more locals coming for a long weekend, but since no school systems have more than a single day off with Thanksgiving break around the corner, it isn't a super crowded day. However, since Friday is also the last weekend of Food & Wine, AND more people will be off for the holiday, I expect Epcot to be the most crowded on that day.

(We actually have a day off the 11th for Vetran's day, and another day off the next week for PTC (parent teacher conference) and so are taking advantage of two off days from school.)

That's great, thank you - I was worried about it being huge like Thanksgiving.

Ok, that's it! I've narrowed it down to traveling the week of Nov. 13th - 20th! I couldn't be more excited! Wait a minute, yes I could - if I could get a PIN code! I desperately need a room discount as this trip is for our 10th anniversary and it will just be my DH and I at our dream resort - AKL CL! That makes a room discount much smarter for us than FD (which we typically go for with our 2 teens!)

:cloud9::banana::yay: :cloud9::banana::yay: :cloud9::banana::yay: :cloud9::banana::yay:

I am scheduled to arrive on Thursday November 10th (taking advantage of Veteran's Day on Friday). I looked at the free dining dates from last year and Veteran's Day was covered - but I didn't realize that it was also Jersey Week.
IF free dining is offered again this year - what is everyone's take on the first few days of my stay being covered? Am I going to have to move my days a little? When they "black out" Jersey Week - when does the black out technically end? Would it be Friday the 11th or Sunday?
Thanks! I know I am going to have to jsut wait and see what is released, but would like to have a back up plan in mind.

I am scheduled to arrive on Thursday November 10th (taking advantage of Veteran's Day on Friday). I looked at the free dining dates from last year and Veteran's Day was covered - but I didn't realize that it was also Jersey Week.
IF free dining is offered again this year - what is everyone's take on the first few days of my stay being covered? Am I going to have to move my days a little? When they "black out" Jersey Week - when does the black out technically end? Would it be Friday the 11th or Sunday?
Thanks! I know I am going to have to jsut wait and see what is released, but would like to have a back up plan in mind.

I'm interested in the answer to this question also. We are scheduled for the week of November 7th and I didn't even think about a black out date for that time. :confused3

Donna

I'm interested in the answer to this question also. We are scheduled for the week of November 7th and I didn't even think about a black out date for that time. :confused3

Donna

OK - know I have no inside information. I just watch the boards and look at the past and try to anticipate the future....so take this with a grain of salt.

We are also planning on coming in on Thursday Nov 10th and anticipating the possibility of free dining. While last year they started the FD on Nov 12th which was a Friday, so based on that you would anticipate that the FD offer would start on the 11th. But "normally" FD starts on a Sundays and with the long weekend due to the holiday, and the week before being Jersey week, I am anticipating that IF they do have FD, theres a possibility of it not starting until Sunday November 13th.

But, being an uber-planner - I have a contigency plan...

If this happens, what we would do is start the package with free dining on the 13th. We will book the nights of 10th, 11th, 12th under a room only (hopefully with a discount, as they typically have room only discounts through most of October and November). So, this might seem like a problem since if the package doesn't start until the 13th, the park tickets won't start until the 13th.

But actually if you look into the details of how Disney works...you can pick up the tickets from your package up to 3 days before your package starts at Guest Services (check out Chesire Figment's ticketing sticky). So we would just go through with no dining package the first few days, and use the tickets starting the 11th.

What really surprises me so far is there have been absolutely NO late-season (oct-dec) discounts this year. Not even PINs...

There was a pin - we got 35% of our hotel - but it had limited dates, we ended up with a room only for Saturday, November 12th, then moved on to the discounted package starting on Sunday.

Long time lurker, and finally posting!!!!!

We are heading down for a split stay Universal HRH 11/4 - 11/7 checking out and at CBR 11/7 - 11/13. I did have the pin code for the 11/13 but it was so close to turkey day couldn't take advantage of it.

Hoping for a FD, I know, I know highly doubt with my dates. But my question is: any hopes for % off room.

Also wanted to thank everyone for all the tips, this is a 5th trip down and I have learned so much for all of you.:goodvibes

We will be arriving GF CL on November 13th leaving the 19th for first time stay. I have read many people talk about pin codes and have tried all the "tricks" mentioned. Nothing yet.:cool::sad1: How likely is it that there will be free dining for that week? I know it is just a guess right now but others here seem like old pros.

Are pins for FD sometimes sent or just room disc? Any ideas to help ease my Disney obsessed mind?
Thanks!

We will be arriving GF CL on November 13th leaving the 19th for first time stay. I have read many people talk about pin codes and have tried all the "tricks" mentioned. Nothing yet.:cool::sad1: How likely is it that there will be free dining for that week? I know it is just a guess right now but others here seem like old pros.

Are pins for FD sometimes sent or just room disc? Any ideas to help ease my Disney obsessed mind?
Thanks!

I think you picked ideal dates to get a code or discount. Last year I got a pin code for Nov 13-19 but we didn't go. It was 40% off room. This year I snagged a bounceback offer for 40% off that didn't have alot of dates in Nov, but it certainly did have the 13-19th. We are going the 15th-22nd so I could apply the discount for some of my days. But...what I'm saying is that for the last 2 years, your exact week has for sure had pincodes or bouncebacks so that tells me it's a pretty dead week. I think you'll get some sort of deal for sure.

What really surprises me so far is there have been absolutely NO late-season (oct-dec) discounts this year. Not even PINs...

I had (expired in March) a % off PIN for most dates throughout the year, including Oct-Dec with the regular blackouts for the holiday weeks). Unfortunately, I am an idiot and didn't use it! :sick: I thought we were going week of T-giving...now we can go the week after! I still think there will be PINs for Nov/Dec. If memory serves, last year I went the first week of December, and I don't think I booked until mid summer....which means the PIN was not out until then because I never book until the PIN is hand. Good luck to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter