Nov 20, 2011 Dream - 3 Nights

Sorry, I have to stop this normal day to do the happy dance :cool1:

We leave in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost randomly cried with excitement when I thought about it today! We have been planning over a year for this trip!!

Tomorrow starts single digits countdown!!!!!!!

I got the link for the FE list. Thanks so much for putting that together!

I know how you feel about getting so close after planning for so long. We booked this cruise in Jan 2010! So I have really been waiting a very long time for this vacation of a lifetime! I'm having a hard time these days holding out on my surprise for the kids but I've come this far and I'm not about to change my plans now! Tomorrow marks 3 weeks until we leave for WDW! :cool1::yay::cheer2:

I got it too! :thumbsup2 Thanks! :cool1: Can't wait to see everyone.:yay: Have we figured out when and where we are all meeting? :confused3 Our FE gifts won't fit in the FE's, so I wanted to hand out to all we can at the meeting. :-)

I think we agreed

3:30pm, first day, atruim stairs on deck 3 (next to admiral Donald Duck) :thumbsup2

Is the deadline already gone for the Fish Exchange? I would love to sign my two daughters up, but I think I am out of time--is there anyway that I could still sign them up for this?? Thanks!

Is the deadline already gone for the Fish Exchange? I would love to sign my two daughters up, but I think I am out of time--is there anyway that I could still sign them up for this?? Thanks!

Actually, yes, it is closed. It closed two weeks ago on the 15th. We had to close it so other DIS'ers had enough time to get all their gifts together..Also, it's not just for the kids, its for the whole family. It's a gift exchange, you give gifts to other DIS members doing the FE and you also recieve gifts. I'm sorry you missed the deadline but your more then welcome to join us for the meet-up at 3pm in the atrium next to admiral donald duck! Can't wait to meet everyone!

I got the FE list tonight....I've been so busy buying things for the FE bags and starting to organize them that I almost forgot about the list! ;)

Our bags are probably too big to leave in the FE's as well but I'm not 100% sure if we'll be able to make it to the meet n greet at 3pm...but we'll try!

Wow, so much to do...so little time!

I want to send out the final list today but I need a one more family's stateroom number..Brianjoy81 ((Are you out there!?!?)) lol
I sent an email to them but if I dont hear back by Friday, I will send out a list and keep their name on until we get closer! I cant keep ALL the eager DISer's waiting for their list!!

Are we still supposed to do a FE gift bag for BRIANJOY81? I didn't see them on the final FE list.

Hope everyone is having a great time getting gifts together!

Yes we are! We normally fly to Orlando, but this time we are driving, which is a good thing because our goodie bags are bulkier than I had realized and will likely take up their own suitcase. Lucky FE friends!! :yay:

WHOO-HOO!!!!
I cant believe in three weeks from today, we will be sailing away!!!
I booked this cruise 2 years ago on our last Disney cruise AND NOW IT IS FINALLY HERE!!!
I thought I mabey should give a "heads up" on our FE gift...I think we will hang the bag on the actual hanger attached to the wall because there will be some glass in it... Cant wait to meet up at 3:00!!!
Have a safe trip to the port!!!
SEE YA SOON!!!
Ellen

Ok, some 'logistical' questions about the FE from a FE newbie:

1) Do you recommend bringing the FE gifts bags in the carry on or the checked luggage? We haven't decided if we will drop off the gift bags first thing as we explore the ship, try and do the 'meet up', or drop them off later that evening. I figure if we put them in the checked luggage there is no guarantee we will see them right away!

2) I thought I read something about attaching the FE with zip ties...was that to attach the FE itself to the fish or the FE GIFT BAGS to the fish? :confused3

I know I am making this more complicated than it needs to be...LOL...but just wanted to plan appropriately. DH is getting alittle frustrated with all of the little goodies I keep telling him I want to get too. :rolleyes1

1) Do you recommend bringing the FE gifts bags in the carry on or the checked luggage? We haven't decided if we will drop off the gift bags first thing as we explore the ship, try and do the 'meet up', or drop them off later that evening. I figure if we put them in the checked luggage there is no guarantee we will see them right away!

I can't answer about where to pack (we drive) but more than likely most people won't have the FE up right away. Luggage may not make it to the room in time for a super early delivery.

2) I thought I read something about attaching the FE with zip ties...was that to attach the FE itself to the fish or the FE GIFT BAGS to the fish? :confused3
The zip tie is to attach the FE to the fish-I guess some have had the FE disappear if it isn't attached.

I know I am making this more complicated than it needs to be...LOL...but just wanted to plan appropriately. DH is getting alittle frustrated with all of the little goodies I keep telling him I want to get too. :rolleyes1

Ha! He'll be the one rushing to check the FE to see what's in it!

I usually bring mine in the carry on along with my FE and magnets for the door-with the exception of the maiden voyage of the Dream where we had around 88 or so cabins, so I had to use one large suitcase for those FE gifts and have that luggage checked at the port. I hang our stuff up right away. Not sure about others. I usually try to deliver after dinner. That way others have time to put theirs up. You attach you FE to the hook with the zip tie to help ensure it doesn't walk away. Our is personalized with our last name so that helps keep those sticky fingers away.
Several of us from the Tampa Bay area.

I am sooo behind. I have so much to do for the FE and the trip! I'm mostly done with my FE shopping although there's a few extra little things I'd like to try to get. But I'm no where close to finished with my FE itself, assembling the bags, making the tags, etc. I'm going to be crazed the next two weeks and I have to do this all in secret from the kids! I have all these plans of what I'd like to get done but I seem to just keep reading these boards! Gotta go now... too much to do!

I am sooo behind. I have so much to do for the FE and the trip! I'm mostly done with my FE shopping although there's a few extra little things I'd like to try to get. But I'm no where close to finished with my FE itself, assembling the bags, making the tags, etc. I'm going to be crazed the next two weeks and I have to do this all in secret from the kids! I have all these plans of what I'd like to get done but I seem to just keep reading these boards! Gotta go now... too much to do!

I know what you mean. I'm glad the first leg is a smaller group. My kids still don't know either. They don't know I'm going on the first leg yet with my best friend. When she comes into town November 11th we're going to say the first leg is my birthday gift from her. I'm to the point I have to do some of the stuff on the weekends now not just while they are at school. I have been volunteering too much!! So, I just them I'm getting a head start for the maiden voyage of the Fantasy because it will be a large group. Yesterday had to focus on halloween treat bags for the classes. I may not have time to do one of the things I wanted. We'll see. This isn't supposed to be a stressful time.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter