Nov 20, 2011 Dream - 3 Nights

Is he getting excited for vacation too??? I know my kids are excited but it seems like I'm more excited than them...

My almost 5-yo DD asked if we could set up a calendar in her room to count down the days until we leave to get on the Mickey Boat. She cannot wait. And our 2-yo DS points out boats at every give opportunity. We celebrated his 1-yr birthday on the Transatlantic Westbound Magic cruise last year. Don't know if he remembers it at all, but 14 nights on the Magic was amazing! But we are all super excited to be going on the Dream for the first time! :cheer2:

My almost 5-yo DD asked if we could set up a calendar in her room to count down the days until we leave to get on the Mickey Boat. She cannot wait. And our 2-yo DS points out boats at every give opportunity.

Thats too sweet!!!

I was thinking about how much I LOVE cruising, and I realized I LOVE DCL for the fact that for myself, I really enjoy seeing kids reactions to the characters ect...too precious!!! Not to sound too sappy but, even going to WDW is a great escape from reality. Its awesome to be in such a positive environment for a few days, I guess I appreciate that since I work in law enforcement and see and hear some pretty harsh stuff...:sad2: I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH!!!!:dance3::cheer2::dance3:

Thats too sweet!!!

I was thinking about how much I LOVE cruising, and I realized I LOVE DCL for the fact that for myself, I really enjoy seeing kids reactions to the characters ect...too precious!!! Not to sound too sappy but, even going to WDW is a great escape from reality. Its awesome to be in such a positive environment for a few days, I guess I appreciate that since I work in law enforcement and see and hear some pretty harsh stuff...:sad2: I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH!!!!:dance3::cheer2::dance3:

Wow, so you work in law enforcement? My DH does too and I believe SucalT does too! So its not only a nurse's cruise anymore!! LOL

And I pinky promise to have the list by Sunday!! FOR SURE! I have written it up in excel but now the program is acting up! I can internet surf ALL DAY, EVERYDAY but the moment I need something important it mess's up!! LOL

:worship:

And I pinky promise to have the list by Sunday!! FOR SURE! I have written it up in excel but now the program is acting up! I can internet surf ALL DAY, EVERYDAY but the moment I need something important it mess's up!! LOL

:worship:

Here is my updated info the FE list:

Disneygirl319
Michelle DW (celebrating Nov bday)*
Robert DH (celebrating Dec bday)*
Alex DS/10 (love Star Wars!)

*The cruise is virtually 1/2 way between both of our birthdays! :wizard:

I started packing a few weeks ago but DH gave me such a hard time I had to stop and take the clothes back out (though I just set them aside). :rotfl2:

OK,....I'm a little embarrased to say that I still haven't made or purchased a Fish Extender! Does anyone have any ideas on where I can buy something that would "look like' one, or even resemble one, or....oh goo'ness! I'm lost!! LOL

I'm not typically a procrastinator, but this one item has been in my thoughts for some time and I've been on the lookout ever since I purchased my cruise!

Should I just jump on Ebay?? Advice and suggestions welcome to this busy single working Mom! :upsidedow

I'm not crafty in any way shape or form so I ordered mine off EBAY. There are a bunch posted on there right now, different options and different sellers but I think I ordered mine from seller gradysmommy. I would just email a couple of them ahead of time and make sure they know you need it very soon before you commit to buying from one of them! I can't remember how long mine took but it vaguely remember it taking a couple of weeks, but it didn't matter since I had canceled the original Disney cruise we were going on and re-booked for months later.

Otherwise, you could check Craiglists for your area and see if any Seamstress / Sewing services are being offered by someone near you. Again, email or call and let them know how quickly you need it. You can send them the link: http://www.scrappingthemagic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2739 to show them what you need to see how quickly they can get it to you. Though just as a heads-up they will most likely want you to buy the material, so ask about that ahead of time too. If you have no idea what type of material to get and/or where to get it from, just be honest about that up front and ask if they can get that too (which of course you will pay for as well as their 'services').

Hope that helps!

I'm not crafty in any way shape or form so I ordered mine off EBAY. There are a bunch posted on there right now, different options and different sellers but I think I ordered mine from seller gradysmommy. I would just email a couple of them ahead of time and make sure they know you need it very soon before you commit to buying from one of them! I can't remember how long mine took but it vaguely remember it taking a couple of weeks, but it didn't matter since I had canceled the original Disney cruise we were going on and re-booked for months later.

Otherwise, you could check Craiglists for your area and see if any Seamstress / Sewing services are being offered by someone near you. Again, email or call and let them know how quickly you need it. You can send them the link: http://www.scrappingthemagic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2739 to show them what you need to see how quickly they can get it to you. Though just as a heads-up they will most likely want you to buy the material, so ask about that ahead of time too. If you have no idea what type of material to get and/or where to get it from, just be honest about that up front and ask if they can get that too (which of course you will pay for as well as their 'services').

Hope that helps!

Oh my Goodness. Did you see the cute one made from duct tape?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2821566

Dis Friends, have we decided about what time and where we are meeting? :confused3 Can't wait to meet you all. :yay: 28 days till we board the Dream!! :banana::banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::yay::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Good morning everyone. I was just on looking for a family cabana again, but no look. But, if any of you were interested in Remy there are still availabilities as of this morning.

Nov 20: 6:30 6:40 6:50 8:10
Nov 21: 6:40 6:50 8:00
Nov 22: 6:20 8:00

There wer also Palo reservations as well. My search was based on 2 people. Hope that helps someone.

I feel so behind now! :confused3 I haven't started packing yet. Although I did measure my luggage to see what would qualify as carry-on and what wouldn't (for the airlines). My main excuse is that I am taking five classes this semester (I graduate in December) and I have been swamped with homework and studying for tests.

My daughter is working on getting her laundry done today so I have her pulling out vacation clothes to set aside and I will pack them tonight.

We are taking a service dog with us and I finally received his permit from the Bahamian Consulate yesterday. As of right now, we are in #8500, but DCL said that might change if they feel that they need to put us in a verandah room for the dog's sake.

I am getting ready to purchase the material to make my Fish Extender, but I'm not sure what the dimensions should be. Any help there?

Anyone else getting butterflies in their tummies in anticipation of sailing on the Dream?

I've been working on my Fish Extender gifts today :cool1: (and watching the Redskins lose :sad1:)

Will be happy to see everybody on the ship in just about a month. :)

Hope everybody is getting excited. :banana:

We haven't been on a vacation in over a year, so I am so, so ready to go.

After the Fish Extender gifts are done, then I can think about packing.

I am trying to figure out how to send the FE list to everyone since it is a excel format...It would be too difficult to get everyone's email address but let me know if you want to go that route!

Thanks for all of your work on this! I can PM my e-mail address if that is the way you want to send it.

I am trying to figure out how to send the FE list to everyone since it is a excel format...It would be too difficult to get everyone's email address but let me know if you want to go that route!

Yeah, I'd be happy to PM my email address if that's easier for you. Or can you copy/paste from excel into a PM to everyone? And just those that want the excel format can email you to get the excel version. Just a thought.

I think it will be easiest to host it in Google Docs or some other hosting source. You can then either PM the link to everyone, or for all I care, just post it in this thread. No one can do anything with our first names, ages and room numbers.

If you want me to host it, just send them to the email address that I PM'd you.

I got it too!!! Thanks for putting it together! CAN'T wait to be on our Dream cruise!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter