Nov 20, 2011 Dream - 3 Nights

I couldn't get the family one either. I don't need a family one for the leg of Nov 17th, and they have it available. Go figure. The kids join me on this leg of the trip. I don't the adult one for this trip. Have you ever gotten a cabana before? We haven't and was wondering if it was worth the price point.

Just noticed your from the Tampa area. We're practically neighbors!!

"We" had one in May. The "we" is DH and 2 DD. I was supposed to be on the cruise but had to cancel at the last minute to care for my sick mother. DH wanted to cancel the whole thing but it was so close to the sail date that we would have lost all of our $.

They absolutely loved the cabana. DH found that it was so much easier to be in the cabana vs. the beach. DD#1 is disabled and having their own private space was really helpful. He and DD#2 were able to enjoy the beach while DD#1 took a nap inside the cabana.

In our situation it is absolutely worth the money. I guess it will be ok in Nov to miss out on the cabana. It won't be overwhelmingly hot and DH won't be outnumbered!

Hi Pam,
Welcome to the group and on board your first cruise! You will LOVE it. Where is Fordtran Texas??? We live in the DFW area (Southlake). Look forward to meeting you on board!

Fordtran is just north of Victoria, and just south of Hallettsville. (LOL I know that isn't much better of a description.) We are about 2 hours south of Houston and San Antonio. Fordtran is actually just a small ranching community where everyone commutes to Victoria or Halletsville for work. We are about 6 hours south of Dallas.

Wow...
November 20th will be here before we know it!!!:banana: This year is FLYING by for me!!!
I am having a BLAST making FE gifts!!! We have been on other cruise lines (and have one booked for Spring Break) but, I must say...participating in the FE really adds to the excitement of the cruise!!!:cheer2:
Just wondering...has there been a decision if we will split the list and when the cut off date will be?
Take care,
Ellen:flower3:

Fordtran is just north of Victoria, and just south of Hallettsville. (LOL I know that isn't much better of a description.) We are about 2 hours south of Houston and San Antonio. Fordtran is actually just a small ranching community where everyone commutes to Victoria or Halletsville for work. We are about 6 hours south of Dallas.

I had never heard of that town. I don't get to that area too often. However, we are trying to plan something down to the "german" area of Texas around Christmas. Look forward to meeting you soon!

Unfortunately due to some changes in our family, we've cancelled our reservation for this cruise. I'm really upset but feel that we are making the right decision at this point (being an adult sucks sometimes!). Hope you all have a magical cruise and hopefully we will cruise with you guys in the future.

Just wondering...has there been a decision if we will split the list and when the cut off date will be?
Take care,
Ellen:flower3:

Wondering that too!

Also, how are we supposed to know if a family switched cabins or, heaven forbid, had to cancel at the last minute? :confused3

Not like the new person in the cabin (if either one of those happened) would mind getting a nice FE...it would just be nice to know how we are supposed to confirm a last-minute cabin move or cancellation!?! So if we did have an extra we could always re-do our remaining FE and split out the items or just find some random family to 'pixie dust'. :wizard:

Wondering that too!

Also, how are we supposed to know if a family switched cabins or, heaven forbid, had to cancel at the last minute? :confused3

Not like the new person in the cabin (if either one of those happened) would mind getting a nice FE...it would just be nice to know how we are supposed to confirm a last-minute cabin move or cancellation!?! So if we did have an extra we could always re-do our remaining FE and split out the items or just find some random family to 'pixie dust'. :wizard:

Typically the person coordinating the FE list will post a master list on their stateroom door. I don't know if that is what mnrhannah07 is planning to do, but that has worked well in the past.

Hi All!!

I have not split the list yet, and only will if we get above 25 cabins, we are only at 19. So if we get 6 more interested by Oct 15th, then we will split. I have not yet released any stateroom numbers to make sure I wont have 5tochange people's room 5 times lol I leave for Orlando on November 3 so I will send out a master list then. I will also have some copies on board for people who might have forgotten them! Anything else?? lol

Cant wait to meet everyone!

Sounds good!!!
By the way....Thanks so much for organizing this!!!:flower3:

Ellen

Hi All!!

I have not split the list yet, and only will if we get above 25 cabins, we are only at 19. So if we get 6 more interested by Oct 15th, then we will split. I have not yet released any stateroom numbers to make sure I wont have 5tochange people's room 5 times lol I leave for Orlando on November 3 so I will send out a master list then. I will also have some copies on board for people who might have forgotten them! Anything else?? lol

Cant wait to meet everyone!

Thanks for stepping up and organizing the FE exchange. Having not been on vacation in over a year, we are really forward to vacation this year.

Hello! We would also like to participate in the FE fun! It's just myself and my 9 yr old daughter for our 2nd DCL cruise! :cheer2:I'm going on Ebay to see if I too, can find a cool FE! Thank you so much! :yay:

Welcome BBCakes:goodvibes,
So glad you are cruising with us. My DD is turning 10 on the 21st!! Hope our DD's can meet. :yay:

Hey Everyone! hope your summer's are going well! We are just starting to warm up here in Wisconsin. Any who, wondering who is interested in a quick dis-meet up the first day..? I am getting so excited! We are almost to the 120 day mark until we leave for Orlando!! Cant wait to meet everyone!

Would love to meet everyone. Can we make it sometime after the drill, so we have a chance to grab a bite and grab our suitcases? :worship:

I'm interested in participating in the FE also. This will be our first Disney cruise and the first cruise ever for our kids! I think it would be so great for them to get little prizes when they get back to their rooms. Adds to the excitement... Plus I love bargain shopping and assembling things like this so it will be a fun project for me too. My good friend who is a Disney fanatic told me about this so hopefully between her and disboards I'll get some good guidance on how to do this best :-)

Oh, yes, it is so exciting for the kids...our DD was so excited every time she got something!:woohoo: We had to make frequent trips to check for surprises. :yay:

Is it too late to join in on the FE fun? We are booked on this cruise and also the one right after (the Thanksgiving cruise). These will be our 9th and 10th Disney cruises but the first time we've done a B2B. Is anyone else doing the Thanksgiving cruise?

Sailing will be myself, my DH, DS (13), DD (11), DD (7) and DS (5). The kids don't know yet that we're doing this trip. We sailed on the Magic for Christmas last year, the Dream in March and the Wonder to Alaska in June so hopefully they'll think we're all "cruised out" and they'll be surprised when we finally tell them about this one! Haven't decided yet when we're going to tell them...maybe on Halloween as that is my youngest DS's birthday! I'm thinking, though, that we won't tell them we're doing a B2B until we actually get on the Dream!

Looking forward to chatting with you all over the next 3 months! :banana:

Kim

Can't wait to meet you all. Our DD will be looking for some friends to play with. :dance3:

Unfortunately due to some changes in our family, we've cancelled our reservation for this cruise. I'm really upset but feel that we are making the right decision at this point (being an adult sucks sometimes!). Hope you all have a magical cruise and hopefully we will cruise with you guys in the future.

I am so sorry you can't join us. Hope to see you on a future cruise :-)

Thanks so much for organizing the FE. We are so excited! Would you be able to e-mail or post an updated FE list? I need to get started on getting my goodies together.

The FE list on post #130 is updated as of last week! I will be emailing a list to everyone once it is closed on Oct 15th. I will still have to send out one final list right before the cruise with stateroom numbers. As I stated before, I will have a few extra copies with me on board in case any one forgets. I am hoping we can pick a spot for a quick meet and greet, we all just have to decide where and when! Hope everyone is having a good week!

the link below will take you to the updated FE list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter