Nov. 17-Pin Trading Cruise-Who's Going?

We got our docs on Monday!!

Now I'm frantically going through the guide books for Disney World trying to figure out which rides are good for the DS(6-yo) and DD(3-yo) and which ones I'll be riding alone. :D Gotta do the parks and the Poly in Orlando first.

hydster: I've heard good things about earplanes but have never used them myself. I think they come in sizes so make sure you get some to fit children's ears. You might try taking a decongestant (sudafed or nasal spray) prior to leaving. If you add one with an antihistimine your kids might just sleep the whole trip out. :D I just hold my nose and blow to relieve the pressure. Haven't blown my brains out yet. :D

No worries, sail happy!! :cool:

dive in, I recommend the Buzz Lightyear ride GReat for all ages... Bright colors and moving object for the little ones and fun for us older kids as well....
congrats on getting your docs, we are still waiting ... but ready to board that ship... have fun in the parks.

Hi Everyone,
I just found this thread. My DW Janet & I will be on the cruise. This will be our second cruise. The first time was on the Magic, only 6 weeks after the inaugural sailing.
We haven't got our documents yet but keep hoping every day. We faxed our shore excursion choices about 9 days ago but haven't heard back if we are booked into them. I called about a month ago to see why I never get anything from the Castaway Club. It took them a while to locate the fact that we are previous cruisers but finally they did & promised to send out info right away. Needless to say, we're still waiting! Despite that we are confident everything will come together & we'll have a great cruise.
We fly in on Sat morning & are spending one night at Port Orleans Riverside & after the cruise we'll spend Thurs, Fri & Sat at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Can't wait!
We look forward to meeting all of you. We'll be wearing our green DIS Board pins on our lanyards.
Chris

Welcome Chris, Glad you found the this thread... look forward to meeting you and your wife... we are also looking into staying on the Disney property the night before...
We went tonight to the disney store in the outlet mall they had buy one get one free pins.... wow... that was a great surprise and they were having a pin trading session right in the store we did not know it but they do it every Friday night... Guess I will just have to go back...

see ya soon...

Hey guys moving us back up to the front so others can find us... Still no docs here how about the rest of you. Did read the schedule of events on dizpins... looks like we are going to be busy trading those pins...

We are not crusing until nov 20th but just a note for all you pin traders....I was at the Disney Store in our mall last night...they have a new series of pins....all the old pins are 50% OFF that only $2.50 a pin...great for trading....have fun :D

I'm still waiting for my doc as well. I did although buy my hopper passes yesterday for our stay at WDW before our cruise. It's getting so close i'm losing sleep at night(lol)!!!!

Shadawn I am with ya on the loosing sleep thing...tylonol pm works great...lol... I cannot believe that it is just around the corner. I think my husband is ready for me to get on the ship it is all I have talked about... We are going to leave a day early and spend a day in orlando and just get in the spirit of things... I am so ready....

Hey guys the Docs are here.... .26 days..time to start packing....
where is everyone... Not heard much from you guys are you still going?...Dont forget that Lime Green ribbon....

so what has everyone decided to do....lets keep this post up to the top....so other disers can find us...

Since the Pin Event on board this cruise is a hard ticket event (separate $25 fee) and those of us registered already received our RSP forms in advance, you can forget what I said in my post on Page 5 about rushing to Studio Sea to sign-up for the RSP.

But ticket holders do still need to go to Studio Sea that first afternoon to pick-up our event packages (t-shirt, pin, lanyard & other goodies).

Our group TA said she is sending out the docs today so we should have them tomorrow. Yippee!

~Nancy~

Thought I would follow cindilou's lead and post something to get the thread bumped up again.

I've had the cruise doc's for probably 3 weeks now so that part of the excitement has worn off some. My 3 year old DD had her tonsils out last Friday so we've been watching a lot of Disney movies during her recovery. It's fun to hear her say "We're going there!!" at the start of every movie when they show Cinderella's castle. We are having breakfast at the castle with all the princesses on our short visit to the parks prior to the cruise. She's constantly saying, "We're going to Disney World tomorrow!" If only that were true. :)

While I've been out helping the DW in the DD's recovery effort, I also booked 2 dolphin swims and 2 dolphin encounters for the family in Nassau. I booked it directly w/Dolphin Encounters to get the swims for DS and myself. The ladies are doing the encounter. We also saved some money booking it directly instead of the official shore excursion. That will be one of the highlights of the trips. It should be right up there with the breakfast at the castle.

No worries, sail happy!! :cool:

shadawn,
are you guys going to Epcot for the Food and Wine festival... we are thinking about going on Saturday before the cruise.. We have Reservations at the WL... we are thinking about taking in Epcot on Saturday.... anyone else going to any of the parks before the cruise?

staying at the Polynesian resort on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We have PS for Cinderella's Castle on Friday morning so we will do WDW on Friday. Saturday we will do MGM and then Sunday we are going to go to Animal Kingdom in the morning since we arent going to get any Palo or Spa reservations we dont have to do the scramble. We will get to the port about 1 pm or so anyway and then put the kids in the clubs and eat and enjoy time on the boat. On Thursday when we get back we are heading back to Port Orleans Riverside (the only resort we could afford that held 5 of us in 1 room) and we will do WDW that day and Epcot that night and then Friday we will do MGM/WDW again that day and then come home on Saturday. I cant believe it 3 weeks from today (21 days) we leave! I am psyched! I am going to start getting stuff together this weekend and shopping for airplane supplies to keep the kids busy and stuff. We dont get into Orlando until LATE on Thursday night (Orlando time not too bad our regular home time) so we miss out on 1 day at the parks. I cant wait to get suitcases packed and ready to go.

Heidi

cindilou--- Yes we will be the parks for a full week before the cruise. I don't think we'll be doing the food and wine festival but instead, the fireworks display at the Magic Kingdom. It's only Saturday night and I think it will be a wonderful kick off party before we head over to the coast for the cruise. BOY am I excited!! We are down to 13 days before we hit the road for this amazing experience!! Can you tell I'm a first timer? Who am I kidding, I'd probably be like this EVERY time I go!!! I've got to get myself together so I don't forget anything. Oh well, I can always hit a Wal-Mart (lol). Hope to see you there!!

Shannon:crazy: (it's kind of looking like me lately!)

hydster

We'll be at the Poly Thursday-Saturday prior to the cruise and our PS for Cinderella's Castle are on Friday morning as well. Maybe we'll see you there.

Darrell

We're arriving Sat. morning(16th) & have ressies for the Party of the Senses Dinner at Epcot, which includes VIP seating for the Chubby Checker concert before the dinner & reserved viewing area for Illuminations afterwards. I just have to make sure I don't drink too much wine as I have to drive to Port Canaveral the next morning!LOL
Chris (& Janet)

My mom and I will be on the cruise, we are going to be late bookers, so hopefully there will be availability when we book by next week. I will be staying on for 2 nights at one of the All Stars, sure beats flying home on ones bday!!! Hope to meet some new friends there!!

Jules

Ok, are we all going to wear green ribbons so we can know each other? Some people dont like to do this because they think we all have to be "buddies" during the whole cruise. But I rather like being able to at least say hello and have some casual conversations with fellow DISers!

RSVP if your in on the green ribbon thing.:bounce:

If we're not wearing our lime green ribbons, Janet & I will be wearing our lime green DIS pins. See you all in less than a month!
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter