Nov 17, 2016 Magic Kingdom - closing at 4:30pm ??????

That's too specific and early of a time to be a mistake most likely. My guess is it's the IAAPA convention, which just so happens to start that day. Last year, it was in May and they rented out MK for the night. I believe it closed at 6pm that day though. If I remember correctly, the few members of the online Disney fan community who somehow schmoozed their way into that event reported not just short waits but lots of unique character greetings (I remember GotG being mentioned and photographed in particular) and entertainment. The upside is crowds will certainly be very low that day.

This years Cast Celebration is at MK instead of DHS. I'm not 100% sure of the date but I'm guessing that's it.

It's around the time frame for that, I did hear that last year would be the last year it would be at DHS. At first I thought night of joy but that's in September this year.

It's around the time frame for that, I did hear that last year would be the last year it would be at DHS. At first I thought night of joy but that's in September this year.

This has actually been a source of much confusion interestingly enough, but NoJ will not be taking place at MK this year. The actual event on Friday and Saturday night is being hosted at the EWWoS complex with park ticket combos and shuttle transportation to/from MK throughout the weekend but the park itself will not close early like in years past and will remain open to all guests.

November 17th is our last day before we go home.
We always finish the day watching Wishes. Really disappointed. :sad2:

That's too specific and early of a time to be a mistake most likely. My guess is it's the IAAPA convention, which just so happens to start that day. Last year, it was in May and they rented out MK for the night. I believe it closed at 6pm that day though. If I remember correctly, the few members of the online Disney fan community who somehow schmoozed their way into that event reported not just short waits but lots of unique character greetings (I remember GotG being mentioned and photographed in particular) and entertainment. The upside is crowds will certainly be very low that day.

Andyman8... Any chance you can recall or find where you saw that report of someone schmoozing their way in to the private event. I can schmooze. :)

Andyman8... Any chance you can recall or find where you saw that report of someone schmoozing their way in to the private event. I can schmooze. :)

I'm not a bad schmoozer myself but alas you're going to have to find someone who's with IAAPA to get in. I believe you may be able to secure a ticket to the conference though. Those go on sale in May I think.

I can only imagine that there will be many non-planners who find out about this 4:30 close when they get to the park for the day. Imagine the family who drove 2 hours for a day trip to the magic kingdom to find out that the mk ticket is more expensive than other park tickets and is only for half a day.

I'm not a bad schmoozer myself but alas you're going to have to find someone who's with IAAPA to get in. I believe you may be able to secure a ticket to the conference though. Those go on sale in May I think.

Already all over that conference registration angle. Looks like conference registration was $150-230 last time, plus $150 per person for their MK private event. Certainly keeping this as something to monitor when conference tickets go on sale in May. Might get expensive to get conference registration and special event tickets. I wonder if you can get discounted park passes through the conference? If so, maybe that savings offsets the added costs. The idea of going to MK with a few hundred to a few thousand people vs 10s of thousands of people at a party night is very intriguing.

I can only imagine that there will be many non-planners who find out about this 4:30 close when they get to the park for the day. Imagine the family who drove 2 hours for a day trip to the magic kingdom to find out that the mk ticket is more expensive than other park tickets and is only for half a day.

If I were going to drive 2 hours to be somewhere for the day, I might look up the hours for that day.

Nov 17 is a Thursday so hopefully it won't catch too many one day visitors who didn't check hours! I feel worse for the week long stays who have to work around the parties already. Back in 2000 before I spent much time here on the DIS we went in May and several areas of the parks were closed at different times for a millennium dreamers group (we were not aware ahead of time).

Rumor is with the staffing cutbacks they will need the extra time for fewer workers to transform the park from Halloween to Christmas theme.
I have an extremely hard time believing that. I can't imagine a business willing to lose such high amounts of revenue to set up for a theme..that kind of loss would negate the purpose of any budget cut.

If I were going to drive 2 hours to be somewhere for the day, I might look up the hours for that day.
My thoughts exactly. I think this board is great, but before coming to disboards this past August I went to WDW maybe 30 something times..and guess what? I always knew what time the park opened or closed.

Where is everyone seeing these hours for November? That's the week we're visiting. I just looked on Disney's website and they're not up yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter