Nov. 10, 2013-4 Night Bahamian Dream

Last day of triple digits!!! 100 days to go! WOOHOO!

Just a reminder, if you're interested in joining the FEE or want to join our group's Facebook page, send me a PM or an email to katiepetty@hotmail.com and I'll give you the info. :-)

The FE group is FINALLY growing!! As we get nearer to the pay by date and the numbers grow, I'll determine if/how to split it into groups and what the cutoff date(s) will be. This is my first time coordinating a FEE so if anyone has any ideas or input, I'm definitely open! Right now I'm thinking of keeping groups to less than 15 cabins each (unless we only have 20 total or something) to keep it manageable but if you want to be in multiple groups you can. I'd also considered splitting it by deck or by ship location (forward, mid, aft) to save on walking distance for delivering. It will all depend on how many people sign up I think.

I have been having a lot of fun spending a few hours a week "assembling" the FE gifts Mom and I will be giving.

My 2 cents:
  1. October 1 cut off
  • If more than 15 cabins sign up,
    -split the list, by pulling cabin numbers out of a hat and not by deck or ship location. We all need an excuse to check out other decks:goodvibes
    -if we do split the list and others want to deviate outside their group and give gifts to all, then that would be their choice :cheer2:

Hi everyone. Our plans changed and now we will be on this cruise with you all. I read through and applied to join the Facebook group. I sent a PM to the lady who it said I should with my information.once I am approved for the fe. List, then I can know what j can add!

Can't wait to see what you have planned and help where I can!
(Now I have to go tell the other sailing that we are leaving :( )

My TA sent me an update last night and said the itinerary has been changed to the following lineup:

Monday: At Sea
Tuesday: Nassau
Wednesday: Castaway Cay

We were out of town and just saw this so I apologize if it's old news for the rest of you. I'm kind of bummed because we really enjoyed this sailing two years ago when it was Nassau, CC, and a day at Sea ... seemed a lot more relaxing to us having a sea day after spending a day at CC.

My TA sent me an update last night and said the itinerary has been changed to the following lineup:

We were out of town and just saw this so I apologize if it's old news for the rest of you. I'm kind of bummed because we really enjoyed this sailing two years ago when it was Nassau, CC, and a day at Sea ... seemed a lot more relaxing to us having a sea day after spending a day at CC.

I felt the same way. CC is such a long, tiring day. Oh we'll, it's also the best IMO so I'm still happy. :)

Our 1 year anniversary is Nov.10. We cruised last year for our honeymoon and are excited to be back!! Especially excited for the Christmas theme!

Welcome to the group. Our 5 Year Anniversary is also November 10. So exciting that you cruised for your honeymoon. Looking forward to celebrating on this cruise.

Linda

Yeah - I had posted this somewhere (can't remember where). I agree, I was looking forward to a day at sea at the end of the cruise. Oh well, this will be our first time on the Dream so this will give us a day at the beginning to explore all the decks.

Should be good as long as we are on a cruise.

Linda

I may be in the minority but I like having the at sea day before Nassau and CC. Since I'm a brand new cruiser, it'll give me a chance to explore the ship and learn my way around!

I'm far from a professional photographer, but will most likely be bringing my Nikon D3100, since this is my daughters first cruise.

We'll have our Cannon Rebel as well. It's great for capturing shots around the ship but I'll take my little point-and-shoot to Castaway Cay. No way I'm risking the Rebel on the beach! :scared:

Actually, I think I need a new battery charger for my little camera. I haven't seen it since our cruise in February. I probably left it in the room! :scratchin

We'll have our Cannon Rebel as well. It's great for capturing shots around the ship but I'll take my little point-and-shoot to Castaway Cay. No way I'm risking the Rebel on the beach! :scared:

Actually, I think I need a new battery charger for my little camera. I haven't seen it since our cruise in February. I probably left it in the room! :scratchin

I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should bring it because I'll have to carry it around everywhere with me. But as of right now, it's going. When we went last year, I didn't have it. All I had was my phone. So I definitely want better pictures this time around. I use to have a point and shoot, but I have no idea on where it may be.

My husband and I have just booked on this trip and are very excited - doing a getaway without our three teenage boys.... Sounds like there are a lot of anniversary celebrations happening this cruise. Congratulations to all of you!

My husband and I have just booked on this trip and are very excited - doing a getaway without our three teenage boys.... Sounds like there are a lot of anniversary celebrations happening this cruise. Congratulations to all of you!

Welcome Tired....hopefully this cruise will revive you!!! :goodvibes

We're on this cruise too! So excited I can post now. It's been too long since we cruised last. It will be DH, DS (2 on nov. 1) and me. We'd like to join the FE too.

I asked to join the FB page, Melody.

Can't wait to cruise and meet everyone!

Excursions! What are you planning to do or looking at? My 17yr daughter wants to snorkel, so, we are probably going to go on the snorkeling cruise at Nassau.

Hi. I am completely new to the DIS boards and this is our first cruise. Myself, boyfriend and my 10 year old son will be on this cruise. We are DVC members and have spent a bit of time at DW but this is a new experience for us.

What info can you all tell us?

all checked in and signed up for all the things we wanted with an 11AM port arrival time. now I just have to do the same for my parents in 15 days when it's their turn! :thumbsup2

hope everyone else who hit 90 days had the same ease online that we did! :goodvibes

Excursions! What are you planning to do or looking at? My 17yr daughter wants to snorkel, so, we are probably going to go on the snorkeling cruise at Nassau.

No excursions for us. DH HATES Nassau so we'll be spending that day on the ship. We do have a cabana booked for CC day so that should be fun. First time in a cabana! :-)

Hi. I am completely new to the DIS boards and this is our first cruise. Myself, boyfriend and my 10 year old son will be on this cruise. We are DVC members and have spent a bit of time at DW but this is a new experience for us.

What info can you all tell us?

It's going to be awesome!!! :-) There's tons of info available on disboards so be prepared for lots of reading. A lot of us are veteran cruisers so feel free to ask any questions you have. Just know that you won't be able to do everything on a 3-day but it's a good way to get your feet wet, so to speak. Be prepared that it will just be the first of many cruises with DCL though...it's very addictive! :-)

all checked in and signed up for all the things we wanted with an 11AM port arrival time. now I just have to do the same for my parents in 15 days when it's their turn! :thumbsup2

hope everyone else who hit 90 days had the same ease online that we did! :goodvibes

Yay! That's awesome that you got an 11am time! Fingers crossed that the ship is empty. *wishful thinking*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter