Nov.1 2009 on the Wonder! it's never too early to chat!the

Leaving Sat morning! My "swine" flu girl is 85% better! Thanks for the well wishes! It was not a nice flu to have so get the vaccine!

We have been planning this for 1 year...17 people! I cannot wait to sit my butt down in a castaway cay chair down by the water, with a "Tropical Depression drink" in my hand! ahhhhh

Leaving Sat morning! My "swine" flu girl is 85% better! Thanks for the well wishes! It was not a nice flu to have so get the vaccine!

We have been planning this for 1 year...17 people! I cannot wait to sit my butt down in a castaway cay chair down by the water, with a "Tropical Depression drink" in my hand! ahhhhh

Glad she's feeling better!!! Have a safe trip down tomorrow. We leave today, picking the kids up early from school. See you on the Wonder!!:cool1:

Hope all you guys/kids feel better. I have been a walking Purrell dispenser the last couple weeks.

Also, we can't decide what to do in Nassau, Im sure our 3yr old would rather play at the pool than wander around Nassau. Maybe we will just run down for some quick pictures and back up.

Change to room for FE exchange

Hello all, I tried sending a PM to TJBaggott, but she probably doesn't have access. We got an upgrade so the new room for us is 5502. WIll try to send a PM to those on the list, but not sure how to do that, hopefully it will work :wizard:

ps, on the list there is a disneynewbeeb and a pyramid2000b, I think that just means there are two additional groups with the regular posters, but if not and you see this, please note the change to 5502. Thank you, see you all tomorrow! :yay:

Hi everyone,

We're back home. We got off the ship at around 8:30am and were home by 9:30a.m. We went and took naps right away before the car was even totally unpacked! We had a great cruise. It wasn't very relaxing because we were always on the run doing something, but it was very fun!

DD went back to school this morning, and I go back to work on Monday.

Thank you for all the great fish extender gifts! DD had a blast checking the FE. I loved seeing everyone's decorated doors when we went around delivering gifts, too!

We got to meet TJBaggott and eyes4mickey briefly on Sunday afternoon by the Goofy pool. I wish we would have gotten to meet more of you; I didn't expect the ship to be as crowded as it was during "off season" and thought I might spot some of you...:laughing:

As I had suspected and feared, we loved the cruise and want to go back. I need to see when we can plan to go back and do it again! :D

We got off the ship about 7:45 am and then drove and drove and drove and finally arrived home approx. 14 hours later.:upsidedow

Welcome back everyone! I don't remember what time I got off the ship but we were in AK by mid morning! Did AK then hopped over to MK for one last blast. LOVED LOVED LOVED our Castaway Cay Day! My kids and I went to wait to disembark, no one else was there and there was a rope across the stairs so you couldn't go any further. So we sat on the stairs. Within a few minutes, Security Officer TOM came out, looked surprised to see my kids, then asked them if they would like to be secruity officers and give him a hand, AND if we would all like to be the FIRST Family on Castaway Cay that day! There was a photographer there to take pictures of my two younger boys wearing Tom's Hat, and putting a bag through the scanner, then we were set FREE onto the island and had it all to ourselves for about 15 minutes! Later that evening, before dinner, TOM came to our stateroom to deliver two Magical Moments Certificates. One for the boys for being security officers and one for our Family as the First Family on the Island that day!
Brian, Kim, Alisa, and Bonnie (ntongan) it was Wonderful meeting you! It would have been great to hang out by the pool or elsewhere some more with you all, but we too seemed to be going from one thing to the next. I didn't find this cruise as relaxing as our first, but just as Fabulous nonetheless!
After MK on Thursday, we drove as far as Jacksonville and spent a night at a hotel there. Then yesterday morning after breakfast, we drove straight through to home, arriving here safe and sound at 8:15 this morning. I'm currently running on One hour of sleep in the past 24 hours:scared1:
I've got SO much to do and figure if I get it all done by tonight, then I can spend a day relaxing tomorrow before back to work on Monday!
I LOVED ALL the FE gifts! Each of you made your gift unique weather you made it yourself or put the items together yourself. All very thoughtfull
Thanks for the NJ hat! DS12 now won't wear the DHS hat I got him, only the NJ one! OH, and DD18 left her brand new Castaway Cay cowgirl hat in the stateroom. Anyone know how I can try and get that back? I"m going now to check for a number to call in the Dis Faq's section.
I SO want to book another cruise, this time a longer one!

I'm sure everyone here purchased something at Shutters. Can any of you find a receipt from there and post the phone number that is at the bottom of the receipt? I purchased the photo CD and not all my pictures are on the CD! I can't find my receipt so hoping one of you can help me.:worship:

I'm sure everyone here purchased something at Shutters. Can any of you find a receipt from there and post the phone number that is at the bottom of the receipt? I purchased the photo CD and not all my pictures are on the CD! I can't find my receipt so hoping one of you can help me.:worship:
My family makes fun of me for saving receipts but I still do it anyways just in case I need it. I knew exactly where to find it too in my lanyard KTTW case. Here is what the receipt says at the bottom: "For Customer Service call 305-476-3666".

Thank you so much tydye! I've sent them off an email and will try and call them as soon as they open (the answering message indicated that they are closed for the weekend?) Apparently, photo's are kept for 6 weeks, so it should be an easy fix! Thanks again.

Were back!!! Welcome back everyone. We flew in last night. I have a ton of unpacking to do before going back to work on Monday.

Great vacation. We went to Universal for 2 nights when we got off the ship.

Did anyone rebook? We will be on the 7 night western same week next year.

Judy it was great meeting you and your family. Troy saw Daniel wearing the hat, he was so happy to see that he liked it.

Thanks for all of the awesome FE Gifts. My kids loved opening everyone of them.

Were back!!! Welcome back everyone. We flew in last night. I have a ton of unpacking to do before going back to work on Monday.

Great vacation. We went to Universal for 2 nights when we got off the ship.

Did anyone rebook? We will be on the 7 night western same week next year.

Judy it was great meeting you and your family. Troy saw Daniel wearing the hat, he was so happy to see that he liked it.

Thanks for all of the awesome FE Gifts. My kids loved opening everyone of them.

I would love to do a 7 night and am looking into that. Trying to think what would have been better, book onboard with the discount, or use the DVC points we now have since DH bought into that? I was looking at the kids sail free promotion dates in March and April? but think thats just too soon to sail again in the same school year. I loved going this time of year, but it's not likely to be kids sail free, OHHHH decisions, decisions! Never doing just a 4 night again, we loved it, but have now done it twice so will now be only back to back or 7 nighters straight out! Yes, Daniel LOVES that Hat! I had trouble getting him to take it off in the restaurants! If it would stay on his head, I think he'd wear it to bed too! When we arrived home yesterday morning (drove straight here from Jacksonville), we had a light covering of snow on the ground (melted by the time the sun was on it long enough), it was 44 degrees! Though today it's 60.

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the gifts the girls loved them. It's been tough getting back into everyday life. We got home late Thursday night, our flight was at 2pm and was 2 hrs then we had a 2 hr drive to drop my mom off and get home. With getting bags and all the other added stuff we got home at 8pm. On Friday we laid the kids down for a nap at 1:30 and laid down with them, none of us woke up till 6pm. Then I had to run out the door for my daughters cheer practice and yesterday she had a cheer competition so we were there all day. I am so worn out. My kitchen and living room look like a tornado hit it with stuff from the trip still everywhere and mounds of laundry. :laundy: We had a great trip though and loved our first cruise. We got off to a rough start though. We got up the morning we were to fly out and my now 7yo came in the room bright and early saying she didn't feel too good. She didn't have a fever or anything so we finished packing and headed out. By time we got to our room at pop she had a fever. We were supposed to have dinner at 50's prime time that night so dh stayed in the room with her and the baby and me, my mom, Ashley, and Marinah headed to dinner without them. Had a great time there! The next day her fever was gone and she was fine but Ashley had a fever. We were going to Epcot which is her favorite so she took some motrin and once it kicked in she felt fine and decided she wanted to go. She took motrin all day and the next day the fever was gone. After that we were all good other than some sinus stuff which is a constant in our house in winter anyway. The parks were great but after 7 days we were ready for a relaxing cruise. When we got to the terminal I looked high and low for the lime green shirts with no success. Once we got on board dh convinced me to go to the goofy pool instead because they had sports on the big screen so never made it to the meet up. The service we received on the cruise was amazing and the shows were so great. The highlight for us was definitely Castaway Cay though. We did the second round of crab races for the day and came in second place by a hair. It was the baby's first time on the beach and she sat for hours with a bucket and shovel. My only complaint about the whole cruise would be the size selection of the onboard and Castaway Cay merchandise. I saw 3 tshirts I liked for the girls at CC and they didn't have any of their sizes in stock only lg and xtra lg. Dh and I also both had problems finding our sizes in shirts. We saw lots of people walking away with nothing after asking if their size was available so I think they are losing a lot of $$ there. I did write about that on my comment card. Julianna loved the kids club although she wasn't there that much, Marinah wouldn't go in since she couldn't be with Julianna. Ashley loved the teen club. I don't know what they did in there but I couldn't even get her to come out to come to the shows and she loves shows. Half the time she left her plate almost full to run off to the club. She loved having the freedom and being able to stay out till they closed. Where we live there isn't a lot for teens to do so it was great for her. I was worried about her getting sea sick the most but she did great. Me and my mom did get queezy the first night, not too bad but a little, because we didn't put our patches on. So that night we put them on and felt great the rest of the trip. Next time we'll put them on ahead of time like we were supposed to because her and I both missed the golden mickey's because of it. We were worried about the side effects so we didn't take it, in the end neither of us had any bad side effects from it. We definitely want to cruise again but want to do a longer cruise next time. We also would love to find one with a double dip on CC, that would be ideal. Anyway I've gone on long enough. I hope everyone had a great trip.

Disneynewbee, I too had trouble finding sizes we wanted. My son forgot his sandals and our day on Castaway Cay, he felt horrible having to wear his running shoes. We went into the gift store, they had NO mens sandals or flipflops. There were all sizes for women and children, but for boys only the medium boys ones. The sandals that would have fit him were womens but too girly for him to wear. DH bought a shirt. I tried to find a shirt but couldn't find one I liked enough to wear lots. Instead of a shirt for me, I purchased the Cruise ship Through blanket they sold on board. I love it!
I've finished unpacking everything and two items are missing (the photo of my boys as special security officers and a shirt my DS16 purchased in Nausa for his girlfriend. So I'll make another call to lost and found tomorrow. They did find DD's hat by the way, and will ship it to us. We are definately booking another cruise! A 7 day for next fall. We just have to pick out a date. Thinking of the halloween cruise. Asked my kids if they had a choice between WDW and a Disney cruise, which would they choose? We did both this time around. Hands down, they both said "CRUISE"!

I also want to do a 7 day now. :) It will need to be at least a year from now, or maybe even early 2011, because my mom wants all of us to do an Alaska cruise (not Disney) in June 2010 for her 65th b-day. We are going to discuss this when we are all together at Chirstmas.

By the way, I am using my Canada key chain now and I brought my Disney Cruise pen to work (not sure who I got that one from, but I love it!)

disneynewbee, I'm glad my house wasn't the only one looking like a disaster when we got back. I got things mostly in order as of yesterday and laundry done, but still have some stuff lying around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter