Nov.1 2009 on the Wonder! it's never too early to chat!the

Ntongan, I sent you a pm.

ALSO, does anyone know if we are to still use the luggage tags if we are DRIVING TO PORT ourselves, and leaving in our own vehicle. We are on a land and Sea package. On the one hand, how will CM's Know what room to put our luggage in, so perhaps we do use the tags? Or once we check in at the hotel, will we be given tags there to put on our luggage?
I think you have to put the luggage tags on regardless because when you check your luggage they will need to know what room you are in to deliver it to. We just got our luggage tags from our TA a couple days ago. We will be taking the Disney Cruise Line bus to the port.
I love you FE's and your t-shirts, they are so cute.

Hi everyone.....my family of 4 just booked for the Nov 1 cruise on the Wonder. :banana:My family includes me (9th cruise) my adult daughter (8th cruise) my mom (4th cruise)and dad (3rd cruise). I know its too late for the FE exchange, but I leave gifts for my family members in my FE. I love to decorate our door so if you are out and about come by 2518 and see what I have. November is a good month for us as it is just after both my birthday and my daughters and just before my parents anniversary. I look forward to walking the halls of the ship and looking for everyone's doors and FE. Have a great cruise everyone, and perhaps we will see you onboard!!!:woohoo:
:welcome: luvalldisney! Only two more weeks.:yay:

Does anyone know if when you do an excursion or are on Castaway Cay if they supply towels or do you have to bring your own beach towels from home?

DCL supplies the towels. They have them right there when you get off the ship at Castaway Cay, but possibly you have to get them on board? when at Nassau? Either way, your towels are supplied.

Taking DD to the Doctors right now. I called them and told them her symptoms and then when they heard we are leaving a week from tomorrow for Florida, I was told to bring her right in! Classic Flu Symptoms, hmmmm. What will/can they do? Flu shots here aren't in City run clinics till the end of the month. Perhaps Dr.s offices have them already?

Taking DD to the Doctors right now. I called them and told them her symptoms and then when they heard we are leaving a week from tomorrow for Florida, I was told to bring her right in! Classic Flu Symptoms, hmmmm. What will/can they do? Flu shots here aren't in City run clinics till the end of the month. Perhaps Dr.s offices have them already?

Sorry your DD is not feeling well! I would imagine they will give her Tamiflu and tell her to rest. Not sure about up there, but down here in FL the flu that has been going around has been lasting 3-7 days. Hope that she is feeling better soon!

I officially canceled my Comfort Suites reservation. That's $200 back into my pocket...woo hoo!

Just back from the doctors now. DD has H1N1 moderate FLU. Dr. did give her a prescription for Tamiflu. I likely had this but in mild form last weekend, and it only lasted 3 days. The Doctor said this only day two, and her symptoms are moderate, so there is a good chance based on her medical history, that she could get hit hard if we don't do something about it now, thus the Tamiflu. So I'm glad I took her in as Tamiflu only works if given within 24 hours of first symptoms. Dr. feels that what she had last week and on Monday/Tuesday this week, was a cold, and yesterday the Flu developed as I guess it tends to start with a headache? Anyway, he wished us all well for our trip! My only question now is (and I forgot to ask him), when can/should she go back to school/work, and should I have my daycare kids here on Monday? I'll have to make some phone calls as to policy best course to take. My gut says call all parents and cancel for Monday at least.
Now off to work on Pirate Costumes (I"m almost done!)

Just back from the doctors now. DD has H1N1 moderate FLU. Dr. did give her a prescription for Tamiflu. I likely had this but in mild form last weekend, and it only lasted 3 days. The Doctor said this only day two, and her symptoms are moderate, so there is a good chance based on her medical history, that she could get hit hard if we don't do something about it now, thus the Tamiflu. So I'm glad I took her in as Tamiflu only works if given within 24 hours of first symptoms. Dr. feels that what she had last week and on Monday/Tuesday this week, was a cold, and yesterday the Flu developed as I guess it tends to start with a headache? Anyway, he wished us all well for our trip! My only question now is (and I forgot to ask him), when can/should she go back to school/work, and should I have my daycare kids here on Monday? I'll have to make some phone calls as to policy best course to take. My gut says call all parents and cancel for Monday at least.
I hope she is feeling better soon! Please don't let anyone else catch it - I'm petrified of the flu because they won't let you on the cruise if you are showing signs of it. I'm afraid one of my kids will have a cold & we won't be allowed on the ship.

I hope she has a speedy recovery!!!

We just came back from getting regular flu shots. The H1N1 vaccine isn't available in NJ yet in the injectable form. I hope we can get the shot before the trip.

I keep threatening my kids about getting sick! Told them they would have to stay home!:rotfl2: They are going to be giving the H1N1 at the kids' schools sometime in Nov, but they will be going to the doctors right after vacation so they won't have to freak about it at least. :lmao:

I have been going back and forth with booking a room at the COmfort Suites in Nassau...I just decided we will do the Sheraton/Wyndham instead. I am too afraid we could have bad weather and I don't want to lose my money!;)

I just can't believe the weather...it is down right miserable here. Seems like a repeat of this past Spring! :sad2: To top it off, the heater isn't working in the downstairs and our heater guy is on vacation til next week.:scared1:It isn't that cold so it is doable, but one more thing added to the long, lond list (which I actually don't make;)).

Give that girl some pixiedust!! pixiedust:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for DD. We've moved her into the living room on the main floor so she isn't cooped up in her room 24 hours, and where we can keep a better on her. She is still sleeping! She has taken some fluids in though (OJ, ginger ale, a little soup broth). Going to wake her soon and give her some Ensure along with her next dose of medication. I've cancelled my daycare kids for Monday, and possibly Tuesday too. Does anyone know how long after Tamiflu one should still be kept isolated? I'm thinking perhasp 24 to 48 hours after last flu symptoms disappear? DH has gone crazy with all the Lysol spray and wipes and purell he bought today!
Hopefully this will run it's course sooner rather than later. Definately she will be over this by the time we cruise, just not too sure about by the time we are scheduled to drive to WDW. Time will tell!

Does anyone know how long after Tamiflu one should still be kept isolated? I'm thinking perhasp 24 to 48 hours after last flu symptoms disappear? DH has gone crazy with all the Lysol spray and wipes and purell he bought

I think the general rule of thumb for returning to school is that it is okay if you are free of a fever for at least 24 hours.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for DD. We've moved her into the living room on the main floor so she isn't cooped up in her room 24 hours, and where we can keep a better on her. She is still sleeping! She has taken some fluids in though (OJ, ginger ale, a little soup broth). Going to wake her soon and give her some Ensure along with her next dose of medication. I've cancelled my daycare kids for Monday, and possibly Tuesday too. Does anyone know how long after Tamiflu one should still be kept isolated? I'm thinking perhasp 24 to 48 hours after last flu symptoms disappear? DH has gone crazy with all the Lysol spray and wipes and purell he bought today!
Hopefully this will run it's course sooner rather than later. Definately she will be over this by the time we cruise, just not too sure about by the time we are scheduled to drive to WDW. Time will tell!
I know here they say that a child can return to school after a fever has been gone for 24 hrs. My DD came home from school yesterday not feeling well and today she woke up with 102.6 temp. I figure if she is not better by Mon. I will take her into the Dr. or I will take her to an Urgent Care Center tomorrow if she gets worse. The kids aren't coming on this trip with us but I still need them to be healthy because I don't know how my mom will feel about watching sick kids and I don't know how I would feel about leaving them. We have never gone on a trip before without them and I'm nervous enough about leaving them, much less if they are sick. As it is I am going to miss my DS first and possibly second H.S. football playoff games. I have never missed one of his games in the 10 yrs he has been playing and this is his last year unless he plays in college. Even though I am looking forward to it being just my husband and I on this trip I am probably going to be a nervous wreck and cry when I send the kids off to school the morning we leave. tjbaggott I hope your daughter feels better really soon.

Thanks Kika and minniemouses1969. Thats typically what I keep them home till when they are ill with anything else. I would guess that fever free and feeling well enough too will play a part. Her fever is down, just low grade and she hasn't had tylenol since this morning. She did start vomiting this evening, so a step forward in one direction but a step backward in another.
I dread keeping her home all week as she is already going to miss two weeks of school for our trip. She actually has an appointment at our Children's Hospital on the 23rd for her last "OFF TREATMENT" checkup before being transferred to the Adult Hospital. I will definately be cancelling and rescheduling that appointment for after we are back from our trip. Her appointment is on a floor where most kids there have extreme compromised immune systems.

Aside from all that, I did get the rest of our FE gifts packed up. On the master list, I made put all the staterooms in order of delivery by placing a number between 1 and 9 beside all stateroom numbers. This will help me with delivering to all on each deck in order instead of running here and there. I noticed that most of you in the FE are on deck 6! I don't know how people do this when there are 50 or a 100 participants!:scared1:

I hope your dd feels better soon tjbaggott. My sister was supposed to go to a Halloween party with us today and woke up to her son having a high fever. She took him to the doctors and turns out he has the FLU but he just has the standard flu. He had the flu shot 2 1/2 wks ago but got it anyway. Thank goodness we haven't been around them since last Saturday, I hope that's long enough. Dh is freaking out and making the kids wash their hands every ten minutes so if you see 4 girls with dry cracking hands they would be mine LOL. We got the girls autograph books done this wkend, and most of our tshirts, and my fish extender is done except the rod. I might go ahead and post it unfinished sometime tomorrow since some of us are leaving early. I have to wait for dh to cut the rods and then I can paint them and he's going to go pick up some ends for the rods too. So much to do, so little time.

We will be on this cruise too!!! We are DH(36) Me (36) DS (11 turning 12 on cruise) and DD (8). Our neighbors are going with us they have 3 kids all about the same age as our kids.

I can't wait!!!! :cheer2: We will be at disney from Oct 29th then cruise Nov 1 then back to disney through Nov 9th.

We will be on this cruise too!!! We are DH(36) Me (36) DS (11 turning 12 on cruise) and DD (8). Our neighbors are going with us they have 3 kids all about the same age as our kids.

I can't wait!!!! :cheer2: We will be at disney from Oct 29th then cruise Nov 1 then back to disney through Nov 9th.
:welcome:tinkfan34. We will also be arriving at Disney on Oct 29th, but we will be leaving to go home on Nov 8th:sad:. The one thing I will be happy about is seeing my kids again. We will be bringing them back to Disney with us for a week in Jan so I don't have that much of a wait until I return to Disney:yay:. Are you going to the MNSSHP? We are going on the 31st because when I bought our tickets they didn't have the 29th date available:confused3. Only 11 days left:woohoo:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter