Nov.1 2009 on the Wonder! it's never too early to chat!the

Hi guys

I haven't been in here for ages - too busy trying to organise dragging the family half way around the world!

We have 3 kids - DD4, DS3 & DS8mths, and this is our first cruise. We are having 2 weeks at Windsor Hills before the cruise. Not too sure what we are doing for Halloween, but I want to do something as it will probably be the one and only time we will ever experience it.

MJ, you are on the same deck as us! I LOVE Deck 1! Although I've never been on another deck, we loved our rooms last trip so booked the same ones this trip. (plus they were the only Connecting ones available in our Cat.) I find it very peaceful and quiet at night down there.

DisneyNewBee, what deck are you on?

Oh, and it's officially "Tomorrow" and things already look brighter.
DH isn't sure he wants to get the lift gate on the van fixed before our trip as it is likely going to cost more than we want to dish out just before the trip. But since we are driving down, I think it would be a MUST to fix the door from which we'll be getting our luggage in and out of. Unless we can TRUST whoever will have to hold it open till everyones out of the way. I'll drop it off at the mechanic this weekend. Need to find out first How much we are looking at before ultimately deciding.

OH, and hello SANDY6879! Welcome to the Cruise meet board. Did you book your land package as a land and sea or separately? We are aslo doing the parks. Found out this summer when free dining was extended that I could have gotten that if we had booked separately. But then again, maybe maybe we got a deal with the package. Thinking of doing it separately next time though, if there is a next time.

Now I just need to get to bed and get some sleep, it's almost 1 a.m. :scared1:

I'm on deck 6. I'll pm you our cabin #s today.

Hello everyone! Just booked this cruise a week or so ago! It will be myself, DD - 15 1/2, DD - 11, and DD - 6 1/2. My niece and her family will also be going (her, DH, DS 4, and DS 1).

This will make my 6th Disney cruise and it will seem REALLY short as our last one was the 15 day Panama cruise. But we have been on a 3 day and a 4 day before. As long as we are on the ship! Can't wait to see Toy Story, but will sadly miss Hercules....

Is it too late to get in on the FEs?

I was surprised not to find this thread full of fellow NJians as it is Teacher Convention weekend, hence why we chose it. I am sure the ship will have plenty though.

We will be driving in on Saturday and are trying to figure out what we may do afterwards. I'm going to go back through the thread to see who has kids similar ages. Mine love to meet new friends!

Welcome! I have kids around the same ages. I have a dd who just turned 16yo in Sept, a dd 6yo who will turn 7 on the cruise, an almost 4yo dd, and a 1yo dd (16 months on cruise).

Welcome Pyramid!!! We are a from NJ too. This is our 2nd Disney cruise, last year we were on the Magic for Teachers week.

Wow, the 15 day Panama must've been awesome!!

I'm sure you will find plenty to do on Saturday. They have Trick or Treating in Downtown Disney if you don't do the parks.

Thank you for the warm welcome! It is great to hear they have T or T in DD. I was going back and forth with doing it at MK, but they are sold out.:rotfl: We are leaving Friday after school and stopping for the night in NC at my niece's (who is coming also). Then we are making the longer trek Saturday. Not sure when we will arrive since she has little ones and one is not so car friendly.:rolleyes1

Tell me what you've done recently to prepare for your trip everyone?

I made my fish extender last Sunday! Unfortunately, that's about it. I have been so busy with work and the kids' school plus all of their activities that I haven't been able to give our vacation the attention it deserves! Luckily I have been (over)planning since September 2008 so all I really have left to do is the packing - but with our trip (Disney, Cruise, back to Disney), I really need to pack carefully! I did buy "cubes" for my luggage that I read about on one of the disboards a couple of weeks ago. I think they are going to help a lot! I also have to figure out the fish extender gifts, but I'm going to wait til we have our finallized list before I make any purchases (I have been looking though!)

Sheryl

Welcome! I have kids around the same ages. I have a dd who just turned 16yo in Sept, a dd 6yo who will turn 7 on the cruise, an almost 4yo dd, and a 1yo dd (16 months on cruise).

Thanks! :cutie:
My DD will be 16 in Feb. Is your daughter a sophmore or a Junior? My 6yr old will be 7 in Jan.

MJ, you are on the same deck as us! I LOVE Deck 1! Although I've never been on another deck, we loved our rooms last trip so booked the same ones this trip. (plus they were the only Connecting ones available in our Cat.) I find it very peaceful and quiet at night down there.:

That's great to hear that it's very peaceful and quiet. I was thinking that it would be. I'm actually happy with whatever they gave me because I knew that I booked what I could afford. I'm really looking forward to the split baths. This will be extremely helpful when getting ready for dinner.

Maybe we will run into each other down on Deck 1. We're not doing the FE exchange. It's just too much for me right now with planning a wedding and vacation.

Quick question, when we dock, what floor do we exit on?

I made my fish extender last Sunday! Unfortunately, that's about it. I have been so busy with work and the kids' school plus all of their activities that I haven't been able to give our vacation the attention it deserves! Luckily I have been (over)planning since September 2008 so all I really have left to do is the packing - but with our trip (Disney, Cruise, back to Disney), I really need to pack carefully! I did buy "cubes" for my luggage that I read about on one of the disboards a couple of weeks ago. I think they are going to help a lot! I also have to figure out the fish extender gifts, but I'm going to wait til we have our finallized list before I make any purchases (I have been looking though!)

Sheryl

Packing is going to be so hard for us this time. We usually drive and throw everything we need or might need in the van. Trying to pack for flying this time is going to be interesting. We are flying Airtran so will be paying for all checked bags. Are you going to post your fish extender? I would love to see it.

Thanks! :cutie:
My DD will be 16 in Feb. Is your daughter a sophmore or a Junior? My 6yr old will be 7 in Jan.

She's a junior. I'm so nervous about the amount of work she's going to miss. I told her dh and I would help her with it. The stuff we are smart enough to anyway LOL.

Packing is going to be so hard for us this time. We usually drive and throw everything we need or might need in the van. Trying to pack for flying this time is going to be interesting. We are flying Airtran so will be paying for all checked bags. Are you going to post your fish extender? I would love to see it.

We have to pay per bag also. I have a very simple FE. I just used craft glue - I cannot sew, but I was pleasantly surprised with how it came out. I still want to add our names to the pockets. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll take a picture and post it.

Sheryl

She's a junior. I'm so nervous about the amount of work she's going to miss. I told her dh and I would help her with it. The stuff we are smart enough to anyway LOL.

I have a hard enough time helping my 4th & 2nd graders with their homework - especially because they are taught to do things differently then we were. I can't imagine the high school homework!

I have a hard enough time helping my 4th & 2nd graders with their homework - especially because they are taught to do things differently then we were. I can't imagine the high school homework!

I know. I won't be able to help her with Math at all she's in college prep classes and what they are learning is beyond me. Are they teaching your kids to do long addition backwards? My niece is learning long addition now and they start in the opposite column as we did. It's so confusing for me and seems like it would be harder.

Hi guys

I haven't been in here for ages - too busy trying to organise dragging the family half way around the world!

We have 3 kids - DD4, DS3 & DS8mths, and this is our first cruise. We are having 2 weeks at Windsor Hills before the cruise. Not too sure what we are doing for Halloween, but I want to do something as it will probably be the one and only time we will ever experience it.

Does anybody know when we should be expecting the cruise documents? I don't think they will reach us before we leave home.

If you filled out all the online forms for check in ect.... at Disney Cruise Line, then you won't be receiving anything (or maybe you should since you are flying in, but all you would need in there are the luggage tags). We are driving and my TA said we won't be receiving anything in the mail. The online check in saves you time in the terminal, but if you don't get it done online, they will have all those forms at the terminal, and you can fill them out there.
I think a few of the parks other than MK have trick or treating at them.
How exciting for your kids to see and experience this fun event!

That's great to hear that it's very peaceful and quiet. I was thinking that it would be. I'm actually happy with whatever they gave me because I knew that I booked what I could afford. I'm really looking forward to the split baths. This will be extremely helpful when getting ready for dinner.

Maybe we will run into each other down on Deck 1. We're not doing the FE exchange. It's just too much for me right now with planning a wedding and vacation.

Quick question, when we dock, what floor do we exit on?

When we dock in Nassau and CC, we exit if I recall correctly just down the hall on DECK !! Makes it easy to be the first off the ship if thats what you want (we are hoping to be one of the first off at CC!) What stateroom are you in? We are booked in 1074 and 1076

LAST CALL FOR FE EXCHANGE!

We are almost 3 weeks out from leaving for our trip (we leave on the 25th), so I think that over these next few days will be the last to sign up for the FE exchange.
If you are interested and haven't yet joined, send me a PM with your family's names children's ages and stateroom number. You may gift however you choose (adults only, one per cabin, kids only, each individual, or one for parents combined and then one for each child. Gift whatever you want, some ideas (stickers, magnets from where you live, candy, grab bag type items, WHATEVER YOU WANT

Pyramid2000, I will add your family if you want me to. Pm me your info.
I will make the master list and pm it to everyone Next weekend ( between Oct 10th and 12th) That will be our Thanksgiving weekend here, so most likely you'll get the PM on the 12th. I can't believe how close this is getting!
Still no word on weather the DryDock has started, other than that the Wonder left PC yesterday evening. No more word on FreePort Workers striking or not, but info seems to be SLOW coming out of there! Lets hope all is well!

Hi guys

I don't know if you plan on visiting Sea World but they are doing some neat stuff for Halloween.

I was searching around and found out there is trick-or-treating at DTD. Very happy to know this. Hopefully we make it the full way down that day. LOL

Thanks for the Halloween ideas. I reckon we will head to DTD. Just hope the kids don't get scared. I have been showing them some photos and DS3 has declared he does not want to go anywhere near the scary pumpkins.

Don't mean to sound dumb here, but how does trick & treating work? I gather that the kids get lollies/candy, but do they need a bag? Any other info for a Halloween newbie would be appreciated.

When we dock in Nassau and CC, we exit if I recall correctly just down the hall on DECK !! Makes it easy to be the first off the ship if thats what you want (we are hoping to be one of the first off at CC!) What stateroom are you in? We are booked in 1074 and 1076

How wonderful that would be to exit on our deck. We're in 1065 just up the hall from you. We have an end stateroom near the elevators. We're less than a month away! :cool1::cool1:

Hello everyone! Just booked this cruise a week or so ago! It will be myself, DD - 15 1/2, DD - 11, and DD - 6 1/2. My niece and her family will also be going (her, DH, DS 4, and DS 1).

This will make my 6th Disney cruise and it will seem REALLY short as our last one was the 15 day Panama cruise. But we have been on a 3 day and a 4 day before. As long as we are on the ship! Can't wait to see Toy Story, but will sadly miss Hercules....

Is it too late to get in on the FEs?

I was surprised not to find this thread full of fellow NJians as it is Teacher Convention weekend, hence why we chose it. I am sure the ship will have plenty though.

We will be driving in on Saturday and are trying to figure out what we may do afterwards. I'm going to go back through the thread to see who has kids similar ages. Mine love to meet new friends!

Hi Caroline,

My DD is 7 and also loves to meet new friends. I think she probably knows more people than I do! :laughing:

Very cool that there will be a lot of NJ people on board. I have lived in Orlando for the last 15 years, but was born and raised in NJ so I will always be a Jersey girl at heart. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter