Noting celebrations on reservations?

Swimmergirl

DIS Veteran
Before online booking became a thing and we still had to call Disney to make dining reservations, the cast members would always ask if you were celebrating anything on your trip when you called in. They'd make note of it on dining and hotel reservations, and sometimes cast members would sprinkle you with a little extra magic. Now that we do pretty much everything online, is there a still a way to notify Disney of special occasions? Or do we just wear a celebration button and hope for the best? I'll be celebrating my actual 20th anniversary at Disney next week and we'll be having a special dinner. We spent our honeymoon at Disney, so it's fun to be back there exactly 20 years later! I'm not going to be upset if I don't get anything extra magical - the trip itself and being with my husband is enough! I'm just curious if folks still do something to let Disney know in advance it's an extra special day. Though every day in Disney is special! :)

We like to go around our anniversary.We let desk or any cast members know.Some have given us the happily ever after button.We told one cast member we were celebrating our 39th anniversary he said come back on your 40th.

If the restaurant allows for mobile check in (because some restaurants don't. I know La Hacienda didn't when I was there), there is a section that asks if you're celebrating anything. For the restaurants that don't, you can tell the hostess when you check in. I find it to be very hit or miss as to whether anything will happen. When my sister celebrated her birthday at Jaleo, she got a free dessert but when I went for my birthday none of the restaurants I went to did anything. Not that I was expecting it or demanded anything to happen.

Happy 20 Years Mine will be in November but not at Disney.
Years ago if you think back the theme was what are you Celebrating so they made a big deal out of it. We have a birthday around or at the time we go most years great things sometimes now rarely even a Happy Birthday....
The new theme is what are you paying for......... so I hope you splurge on a nice meal or 2.

When you reserve your room and it’s on your MDE there’s a section that lets you log whether it’s a special occasion and it gives you various options on that kind of occasion. You can edit reservation and add it there. This is for hotel only not ADR.

You can call Disney dining and ask them to add it to your reservations. We did that for this trip and it’s been noted and commented on at every reservation we’ve been to and most of them we’ve received a special dessert or glass of champagne in recognition of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter