Noticed something odd about the VMK calendar

Cabelle1863

Mouseketeer
I looked at the calendar this morning to write down the events I don't want to miss. What's strange is that the next two weeks events are an hour shorter than this week. For example on March 12 Host Hula's Easy to be Green is 11:30-12:30, today the same event was 11:30-1:30. Host Fin's Laws of Nature is tonight from 5:30-8:30 but on March 12 it will be 5:30-7:30. Is the calendar wrong for those weeks? I'm confused. :confused3

I looked at the calendar this morning to write down the events I don't want to miss. What's strange is that the next two weeks events are an hour shorter than this week. For example on March 12 Host Hula's Easy to be Green is 11:30-12:30, today the same event was 11:30-1:30. Host Fin's Laws of Nature is tonight from 5:30-8:30 but on March 12 it will be 5:30-7:30. Is the calendar wrong for those weeks? I'm confused. :confused3

Yes we discussed and i think Yavn commented on this a little while ago. It is to help out us ETers because the times that were going on during the week were way to late for some of us. I really think it is great they are doing this.

That would make sense if the events started an hour earlier but they don't. All the events are one hour shorter which will make it even more impossible to get into the host rooms at all. Host Hula's Easy to be Green events will only be one hour long. Very few people will have any sort of a chance to get in. :scared:

I guess I was confused because I'm used to seeing the events scheduled for a 3 hour block. If they're now all going to be 2 hours or less I'll have to get used to it and expect to rarely be able to make it through the queue. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

I don't like this idea. It doesn't give us as much time to get into the Host event, so everybody's gonna be trying to get in right as it opens. Oh well, I can't change anything :)

Only one hour for Easy to be Green? I couldn't make it in today with a two-hour window, and I got in line as soon as it opened!

What on earth are they thinking? :confused3

This makes no sense:confused3 It is hard enough to get in a line of 1100 people and make it into the actual room in two or three hours. It will be impossible now. At least with the old system, you could click and click and get back in a 50 person line to try again.

Oh. Yeah. I can see how shortening the games would be helping people.

NOT!

All it does it make it so less people get in and get a prize.
At least it seems as though they are going to have 2 events most days permanently.

My guess is this is some ploy to minimize people from running through games multiple times with Mules. With less time there are fewer amounts of characters you can run through (although I do understand you can have multiple screens up at once, hence the flaw in this plan). I have a feeling this may be the motivation behind this, especially an hour for the quest, if it takes 20 minutes to do a quest with a mini-game involved, at most you can only get two to three chars in tops. I am sure I am way off on my assumption, but wouldn't doubt it has something to do with it.

But why shorten the events? How does that help us on the East Coast out?

It won't.

It will just make it harder to get into the game and win the prize. But since you can't get in the game anyway unless you are in there in the first few minutes they might as well close it after 1/2 an hour and then take the next 3 hours to play those 1000 people in line.

I was thinking about the daylight savings issue. My computers all had to be re-programmed because the daylight is three weeks early. We can only hope. :)

It won't.

It will just make it harder to get into the game and win the prize. But since you can't get in the game anyway unless you are in there in the first few minutes they might as well close it after 1/2 an hour and then take the next 3 hours to play those 1000 people in line.

I agree. I was trying to get into host games all day Sunday and Monday. Every time I got close, I would dc. On Monday I started at 140 in line. I was waiting for 2 hours and with only 23 minutes left to go and 49th in line, VMK crashed. I was so frustrated by wasting all that time, I have given up. I'll wait for the giraffee pin to go on sale. If it took me that long when I started at 140th in line, how on earth could someone over 300 in line ever get through in time? And that was with a three hour game!

Maybe they shortened the games from daylight savings time. That might have something to do with it. I am confused about that also. I hope they change it back to normal instead of shortening that hour. Well anyway have a great day!

Hugs!!!
cuteswimchick

It must have been some sort of error in the calendar. The calendar is changed now and the scheduled times for the events are the same length they were this past week. I'm glad it's been fixed.

I was thinking about the daylight savings issue. My computers all had to be re-programmed because the daylight is three weeks early. We can only hope. :)

That just confuses me. My computer is 6 1/2 years old. And when it was supposed to change time, it did. I didn't have to do anything for it to change. :confused3

That just confuses me. My computer is 6 1/2 years old. And when it was supposed to change time, it did. I didn't have to do anything for it to change. :confused3

cteddiesgirl, your computer probably automatically downloaded the update that fixed the time thing. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter