Nothing to See Here...

I agree Sherry, Bret's firework photos are insanely amazing! :thumbsup2 I guess I'm leaning on both of you to scratch my Disneyland Christmas itch. :rotfl2:

Jenny -

I will not disappoint! Everyone who has followed along with this thread from the beginning - or at least followed along with the last few holiday TR's that I've done - knows that I will come back to regale the masses with tales of merriment and mayhem; peppermint ice cream and gingerbread cookies; evil chairs and scary scarves; tree quests, Twilight Zone Lady and terrible Toon Town trees, etc. I will come back and have you all laughing and singing along while I unveil the results of my mad photo sprees! I will hone in on the smallest hidden details and strangest angles! I will be all up in the window displays! I will deliver the goods!

By the way, last night I did a call-in show with the DIS Unplugged podcast team - all about the holidays! Between the callers and the rest of us on the panel, we covered a wide array of holiday goodness - the holiday tour, holiday goodies, the Castle, the fireworks, snow, special meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, the Candlelight Processional, those famous handmade candy canes, the decorations on Buena Vista Street and elsewhere...and so much more! It is a holiday spectacular!

Here is the link to the call-in show.

It only depends if I am still continuing coaching basketball next season. We also don't know what will happen during the Holiday season next year with all the rumors of the possible party event at DL. I have enjoyed the CP at Epcot and one day would look forward to the CP at DL.

Hope the pluming issue will be done before your trip.

Bret -

I think that a paid party is coming next year, one way or the other. I think the real question will be what TDA will decide to include in that party - and on which nights the holiday parade and fireworks will be available to the general public. To me, it seems a bit extreme to take our existing holiday fireworks, the snow on Main Street, our existing holiday parade and the Candlelight Processional and make them all party exclusives for most of the holiday season (until the week of Christmas and the week of New Year's). That's a lot to do all at one time - it's a huge change in the schedule of holiday entertainment, and in the holiday tour (which usually features seats to the parade starting on the first day of the season in November). I keep thinking that Disney will go back to the drawing board and re-think these plans, coming up with a less extreme plan to start the party with.

In a way, I'm eager to get to 2013's holiday season to see what's in store for us. On the other hand, I'm almost afraid of what's in store for us!

This will probably be the last time I check in here before I head to Anaheim on Sunday. If history repeats itself, the next few days will be full of chaos and cyclonic, Tasmanian Devil-ish packing activity.

Well, in actuality, I probably will not be packing until the last minute...but that's why it will be cyclonic, Tasmanian Devil-ish packing activity.

As of this moment, I'm still not sure who I will be seeing at which times on Sunday. but I'll be seeing at least one friend. I have no clue if Goofy's Kitchen will be on the agenda or not. And then I will embark on an intensive photo spree for the next couple of days.

I did not order PhotoPass Plus - I changed my DLR arrival dates and everything was too uncertain to order it 2 weeks in advance. Regular PhotoPass will be fine - IF I even get that. I would only get PhotoPass Plus if I were paying $70 for it. I know I can get it while I'm at DLR, but then I'd be paying $100 and I can't do that.

I'm going to get to the PPH very early on Sunday morning - because, as you may recall from my "Aunt Betty..." December 2011 TR, I really love getting to DLR before most people have gotten out of bed. There's an extra special spark of magic in the atmosphere at that time of day. I love the crisp chill in the air (says the girl who was sick for 2-1/2 months after her last holiday trip!). I love the stillness. I love getting there before the sun has even fully risen, so I can catch glimpses of holiday lights twinkling as the dawn breaks. I love the quiet, and the ability to just kind of ease into the day.

But first...I have to get out of the house.

No, really. I have to get out of the house. Literally.

Apparently, there is some sort of concrete work being done around the perimeters of my building starting tomorrow (Friday). I heard one of the foremen say, "It shouldn't affect anyone," and then about one minute later he said, "So they won't be able to walk on this until Monday." We (the tenants) received a notice that said we would have "little to no access" while this work was being done.

Um...sorry, but I am not going to be trapped in my apartment building all weekend, when I have to get out and run errands, as well as leave early on Sunday. No way. I have things to do; places to go. Get out of my way!

So...that will be something I have to discuss with the managers here. Well, that and the water seeping up (slowly) through the floor in my entry way.

Anyway, if I can get through the next couple of days of mayhem, I will be relieved to finally arrive at DLR.

I have a feeling I may return home to the same chaos - if not more - than what I left behind, but it is what it is.

:santa:

Just in case you happen to be brand new to this thread and have never read or followed one of my wacky holiday TR's before, I will direct you to the links in my signature below. Those do not cover all of my holiday TR's (in other words, the pre-2010 holiday reports), but they cover the ones that are noteworthy (in other words, late 2010 to 2012) - and the ones on which I worked the hardest.

I write. I crack jokes. I take many, many photos. I write more. I tell stories. I have a good memory. I quote Christmas songs. I take even more photos. I give you a glimpse into my world - which is sometimes a world of laughter and a world of tears. It is also sometimes a world of madness. I shed light on the little details that many of us overlook as I wander the mean streets of Disneyland Resort - often solo, and often with old friends. I tell tales of dancing wombats, disappearing gingerbread houses and Twilight Zone Ladies. I wave my lethal scarves around wildly at passersby. I frighten children with my chairs of destruction. I climb under and around people to get to window displays. And I cannot get near a trash can or a curb while I'm holding an ice cream cone and a camera, but that's another story (see the "Evil Chair..." TR).

I'm a seasoned Disneyland holiday visitor. While Disneyland itself has been in my life since at least 1972, over the last 22+ years I have made many visits during "the most wonderful time of year." My trips are usually not without some kind of stress and uncertainty leading up to them - and possibly even during them - but I still love the holiday season, and Disneyland Resort does the holidays better than anyone!

The holidays would not be the holidays for me if they didn't involve a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth. The trips may be a little askew at times, and I may end up on an occasional bench in California Adventure as I weep uncontrollably...but I keep going back for more!

So stay tuned as I try to bury the fiasco that was the bulk of my December 2011 trip (see the "Aunt Betty..." report), and do this holiday thing right! Time for the do-over! I will be at DLR from Sun., 12/9/12 - Wed., 12/12/12, and I will try to start the TR shortly after that!

Here is a highlight reel of some of my past Disneyland holiday excursions...

From December 1990...before there was a "Winter Castle" or "It's a Small World Holiday"

See? No Winter Castle! Not very impressive!

1990-DECEMBER-DISNEYLAND-SHERRY--1.jpg

And no IASW Holiday! (That's yours truly on the right, covering up my nose and ears because it was 30 degrees and I was freezing!)

1990-DECEMBER-DISNEYLAND-JENNI-S-1.jpg

From December 1992...

The old Candy Cane Lane at the Disneyland Hotel...

DisneylandHotel-CandyCaneLane-Dec19.jpg

The old Christmas tree/sleigh photo spot at the Disneyland Hotel - it would have been nice if the person who snapped this photo had centered it!

1992-DECEMBER-DISNEYLAND-DISNEYL-1.jpg

From December 1993 (for some weird reason I lumped my 1993 photos in with my 1994 photos in the same albums, so now I have to always remember which trip was which!)...

Disneyland Hotel...

1993-DECEMBER-DISNEYLAND-DISNEYL-1.jpg

Back when the characters used to dress up in Christmas garb at Goofy's Kitchen...

GOOFYSKITCHEN-DEC1994-MANDY-SHERRY-.jpg

From December 1994...

SherryPluto-GoofysKitchen-12-94.jpg

We thought we looked cute in the reindeer ears...

MICKEYSHOUSE-DEC1994-SHAWN-JENNI-SH.jpg

From December 2000 (New Year's weekend)...

The crazy-looking It's a Small World Holiday (which I know that deejdigsdis was puzzled by!) - what was up with the coloring?

2000-NEWYEARSEVE-DISNEYLAND-SMAL-3.jpg

2000-NEWYEARSEVE-DISNEYLAND-SMAL-2.jpg

From November 2001 (Thanksgiving break)...

The old tree in Downtown Disney...

2001-NOVEMBER-DISNEYLAND-DOWNTOW-3.jpg

The very first Christmas tree ever to be put up in the Grand Californian Hotel, 11 years ago!

2001-NOVEMBER-DISNEYLAND-GRANDCALIFORNIANXMASTREE-scan0016.jpg

From December 2007...

007_16A-1-1-1.jpg

SHERRYHEATHERSHAWN-TOONTOWNTREE-DEC.jpg

From December 2008...

image003.jpg

You can see some of the decorations that used to be in the Hollywood area of DCA...

image178.jpg

From December 2009...

Image0121.jpg

Image0294-1.jpg

From 2010 (November & December)...

IMG_1131-1.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

From December 2011...

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3732.jpg

From November 2012 (just a few weeks ago)...

Silent night, holy night...

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_6565.jpg

Have a wonderful miraculous and not too adventurous trip. I look forward to reading your trip upon our return. I am thinking about doing a trip report this time. We just added a day to the trip this morning.

Kris

See ya soon Sherry!!!! :cool1:

Yep!:thumbsup2

Have fun!!

Thanks, Michele!

Have a blast! Can't wait for your report. I enjoyed the trip down memory lane :goodvibes

Thanks, TK!

You know that this trip only came to be because of some miraculous Christmas magic. It could very likely be my last overnight/multi-night visit to DLR for a long, long time (I only foresee day trips for me in the next couple of years, unless the tides turn in my favor)...so I have to make it count. Also, this thread is coming to an end very soon. So I have to go out with a bang!

Have a wonderful miraculous and not too adventurous trip. I look forward to reading your trip upon our return. I am thinking about doing a trip report this time. We just added a day to the trip this morning.

Kris

Thank you, Kris!

I don't mind the adventure part of it, as long as it doesn't wind up with me sitting on a bench in tears again!:rotfl2:

My holiday TR's (not counting this last Christmas photo report from 11-12-12) are always epic journeys and descents into madness, so stay tuned. There is always something eventful (and funny) that happens. The main thing I am looking forward to in my solo time is burying myself in photo-taking. That's what I really love doing. That's what gives me all the good ideas and photos for the Theme Week Countdowns in the Superthread.

I can kind of already foresee how Day 1 (Sunday) is going to go, but I'll reserve commentary and just let the chips fall where they may. I am looking at this as, "Whatever happens is meant to be. I'll roll with it."

One thing I am encouraged by is the recent reporting of random people being given tickets to the CP! Even though Lou Diamond Phillips is not my narrator of choice, I would love to get a seat at random! (Oh please pick me, nice Cast Member friends handing out tickets! I'll make sure to rave about you and about the CP on the DIS!)

Kris, I'm so glad to hear you added a day to your trip. I know you had to modify the trip from what it was originally going to be (been there, done that), so adding a day is better than subtracting a day!:thumbsup2

If only the hotel would once again offer me one of those nifty "stay one more day at a highly discounted rate" deals on my check-out day that I have received a couple of times in the past, I might take them up on it (if the rate were highly discounted). But I have not gotten one of those since - I'm trying to remember - 2007 or 2008. Other folks still get them, but I don't.

Okay, the concrete folks are here to trap us in the building. I guess I'd better go find out from them how I can escape.

:santa:

Don't get encased in concrete!! :rotfl2:

I hope you have a great trip and that your health cooperates. You deserve to have an awesome time. Eat something peppermint flavored for me! :thumbsup2

PHXscuba

Hey, long time lurker here. Thought I'd come out of my shell for just a moment to tell you thanx for all the effort you put into entertaining us. I'm not going to make it back to the parks until January (after the Christmas stuff is down) so I am really having to live my Disney through you.

I should post more to say I appreciate your trip reports, 'cause I really do. (I have before, but not in a long while.)

Hope you have so much fun this week!

Don't get encased in concrete!! :rotfl2:

I hope you have a great trip and that your health cooperates. You deserve to have an awesome time. Eat something peppermint flavored for me! :thumbsup2

PHXscuba

Thank you, PHX!:goodvibes

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Wouldn't that be a heck of a start to a DLR trip - getting encased in concrete?:rotfl2: It might slow things down a bit.:rotfl2: IT would make for a good story, though...

My health is okay so far! No sudden illnesses, and the back/hip pain has settled down to its usual everyday level now. It's not hurting to sit in a chair or stand up - which is a good thing!

I am going to eat more peppermint ice cream! I feel I have to, since my Ralphs doesn't seem to want to carry the 'real' stuff this year. And I will grab another Ghirardelli sample or two. I also have to get my usual purchase of gingerbread cookies.

Oh! Don't forget! I plan to set aside at least one evening of eating a Cannonball meatball sandwich from Earl of Sandwich, and grabbing one of those peppermint bark thingies at Haagen-Dazs! Yum!

Right now I am trying to do little things like separate the housekeeping tips into envelopes, put my tips for the Bell desk in another envelope, put my shuttle money in yet another envelope, etc. I'm trying to pack whatever I can pack that doesn't need to be washed first. Little odds and ends.

Hey, long time lurker here. Thought I'd come out of my shell for just a moment to tell you thanx for all the effort you put into entertaining us. I'm not going to make it back to the parks until January (after the Christmas stuff is down) so I am really having to live my Disney through you.

I should post more to say I appreciate your trip reports, 'cause I really do. (I have before, but not in a long while.)

Hope you have so much fun this week!

DebraDi -

Of course I remember you! You're introducing yourself as though I'd forgotten who you are! I've just been waiting for you to come back!

I know you told me long ago that you prefer lurking and only speaking up here and there, but because you were silent for sooooo long (like through my whole "Aunt Betty..." trip report), I wasn't sure if you were still there! You stuck around while I was posting my Christmas countdown photos here last year, and you popped into the Christmas Superthread a few times. I also remember that you commented right after I got back from last year's December trip, when I posted a quick update that mentioned that I ended up crying on a bench in DCA.

Welcome back!:cool1::cool1: Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it. I know that a lot of people lurk and linger silently, but it is nice to hear from folks every now and then that they are actually enjoying the TR's.

I'm just a-checkin' things off the list as launch into warp speed, Tasmanian Devil mode...

• Shuttle reservation made (and the guy who answered the phone sounded like he was sleeping or caught off guard when I called to book) - CHECK

• Money for shuttle set aside - CHECK

• Envelopes for housekeeping made & money enclosed - CHECK

• Money for tips (Bell Desk) set aside - CHECK

• Double-checked Accuweather to be sure it won't rain on me - CHECK

• DVR set to record favorite Sunday - Wednesday shows - CHECK

• Camera battery #1 currently charging (battery #2 to charge overnight) - CHECK

• Two friends set to show up tomorrow; Other friend is not responding or communicating at all:rolleyes1; Yet another friend may or may not show up - CHECK

• Packing - NOT DONE:guilty: (that's where the Tasmanian Devil mode/cyclonic packing frenzy comes into play). I still have a bit of laundry to do, and I have to wait for a time when the laundry room is not being used (too many tenants in the building - only a couple of machines for all of us) - so the packing can only be partially done until the laundry is done!

Well, at least I'm moving in the right direction!

Countdown commencing well!! You inspired me to find my Disney Rewards card so I can get our park tickets.

I LOVE Christmas at Disney!!

Sherry, I hope you have a blast! Crossing my fingers for only magical moments and not a single thing going wrong. Grab an extra Ghirardelli sample for me since I somehow managed to go for 2 weeks and missed getting that squeezed in my trip. Oh, and if you need a suggestion for a Starbucks treat.... the Carmel Brulee Frappuccino is so yummy! Can't wait to hear about it all when you get back!

Grrrrr.....

I decided to make myself go to sleep extra, extra early so that I could wake up extra, extra early. Knowing this shuttle company I use (Sav-On Shuttle), they will show up ahead of time...and I'd already arranged a very early pick-up to begin with (you know how I like to arrive at the hotel at the crack of dawn - literally - for pre-check in). I wanted to be sure I was wide awake and ready to go when they got here, with a good night's sleep on my side. This method worked when I did the day trip in November.

Since I was using my phone as an alarm, I left the ringer on. Sure enough, some sort of spam/telemarketing call came through not long after I'd fallen asleep. I woke up and had a hard time getting back to sleep.

But I finally did. Ear plugs in and the promise of at least several hours of golden slumber ahead of me, it didn't take long before I was awakened by the dulcet tones of holiday music...and talking...loud talking. It was a party.

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding.

My neighbors (and I still have not figured out which neighbors) were/are having the loudest party in the history of parties. It is still going strong. It sounds like there are 200 people at this party, jabbering away. I'm all for festive holiday merriment - but not when I have to sleep and wake up early. I'm not going to 'bah, humbug' on their celebration, but I'm not pleased.

So now I find myself awake at 11:45 p.m. I can't really go back to sleep, as I'd only have to wake up in a couple of hours to do some extra last-minute packing before getting ready. I'd actually feel worse if I only slept for a couple of hours and then woke up instead of just staying up straight through.

This isn't exactly going to be the energetic start to the day that I'd hoped for. If, by some miracle, my PPH room is ready to check into when I arrive (it has happened before - you never know), I may have to plop right down on the bed and go to sleep!:rotfl2:

Countdown commencing well!! You inspired me to find my Disney Rewards card so I can get our park tickets.

I LOVE Christmas at Disney!!

Get those tickets, TK! You don't have long to go before you get to see the new Fantasyland in person!!

Sherry, I hope you have a blast! Crossing my fingers for only magical moments and not a single thing going wrong. Grab an extra Ghirardelli sample for me since I somehow managed to go for 2 weeks and missed getting that squeezed in my trip. Oh, and if you need a suggestion for a Starbucks treat.... the Carmel Brulee Frappuccino is so yummy! Can't wait to hear about it all when you get back!

Thank you, Marie!

I can tell you that, aside from the lack of sleep problem I described above, one friend has already basically blown me off (by ignoring messages and not communicating at all).

So, I will start out this trip with no sleep and one friend not wanting to see me and, still, I will somehow make the most of it and try to do things I want to do (translation: take pictures).

I may try one of those Starbucks concoctions! Then again, they should be serving up their peppermint mochas about now, shouldn't they?:idea:

In about 5.5 hours I will be dancing around the gorgeous tree at the Paradise Pier Hotel, singing "The hi-i-i-lllllls...are alive...with the sound of mu-u-usic..." (And then I will probably pass right out on the floor, from exhaustion...)

Relative newbie here. Just wanted to say have a fantastic time...have loved looking at your pictures. Can't wait to be there ourselves!!!!

Just a quick question if you know the answer...we are arriving in Anaheim and have 14 day passes (being from New Zealand) from the 8th of January. I know the official Christmas period is until the 6th...but I'm guessing that surely ALL the Christmas decorations won't be coming down immediately, or will they? I know IASM will still have their holiday overlay up, but will we miss out on everything else?

Thanks so much...can't wait to read your posts-to-come :goodvibes

Relative newbie here. Just wanted to say have a fantastic time...have loved looking at your pictures. Can't wait to be there ourselves!!!!

Just a quick question if you know the answer...we are arriving in Anaheim and have 14 day passes (being from New Zealand) from the 8th of January. I know the official Christmas period is until the 6th...but I'm guessing that surely ALL the Christmas decorations won't be coming down immediately, or will they? I know IASM will still have their holiday overlay up, but will we miss out on everything else?

Thanks so much...can't wait to read your posts-to-come :goodvibes

nzer -

Hello and welcome! I just got back home today - and I have plenty more photos to share!

I'm surprised that tksbaskets didn't speak up and address your question, as she has been to DLR around that time frame.

As far as I know, IASWH stays open until mid-January-ish, and the area around it stays decorated.

Disney is pretty fast in taking down the major decorations after the season officially ends. When the season is over, it's over (except for IASWH). You may see some traces of things still around, and some leftover merchandise, but the bulk of the decor will be gone by January 7th.

Something that will likely still be up (even beyond January) are the stunning New Orleans Square Mardi Gras masks - those tend to stay up until Mardi Gras in February, or even beyond that.

:santa::santa::santa:

Anyway, here is a brief highlight reel of my trip:

1. I GOT AN AWESOME SEAT FOR THE CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL - not once but TWO nights in a row!!!:cheer2::cool1::cheer2: I saw it twice! I got lucky and there were lots of no-shows for both nights. (I can tell you all exactly where to stand and when to try to get seats if you didn't win the AP lottery - if you're interested.)

I loved loved loved the CP. Oh my goodness...the lighting...the singers...the soloists...the songs... Pure Christmas glory. If you are a fan of Christmas and are connected in any way to the more spiritual side of it, the CP is for you! I am sooooooooooo glad I decided to try to see it. It is simply beautiful (and yes, of course, I took pictures)!;

2. I had a major celebrity sighting in DCA yesterday - Gwen Stefani and her super-hot husband, Gavin!! They were just a few feet away from me. This was the first A-List celebrity I've ever seen at DLR (I've seen B-List and below). Gwen walks with a strut, and was rockin' the red lips and gray pants/black tank top;

3. I ate peppermint ice cream (in a cone!), peppermint bark, gingerbread cookies, a peppermint bark Dazzler at Haagen Dazs and several Earl of Sandwich sandwiches (beware - before everyone gets excited about EoS, make sure to check your order before you leave because they make mistakes! They made two big mistakes in the visits I made over the last few days);

4. Did I mention that I love love love the Candlelight Processional and Lou Diamond Phillips was very charming and engaging?;

5. I got to see Laurie/DizNee Luver this morning at Surf's Up, and Liza/funatdisney joined us and kindly took me home - it was great to see both of them! I also saw my dear friends Jackie & Bob on Sunday, but Shawn was a no-show;

6. As usual, I took photos galore (not so many of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street this time, because I got tons of photos of those two lands in November [see link in signature below])! I love taking photos! On the first day I was not my usual self and felt kind of 'off,' but by Day 2 I got my photo groove back and I was on a roll! I have plenty of material for the Theme Week Countdown of 2013!; and

7. I got another free upgrade to a park view room at the PPH (third year in a row for a free upgrade)!:banana: (I love the PPH Christmas tree so much.)

Stay tuned for a photo-palooza!!

nzer -

Hello and welcome! I just got back home today - and I have plenty more photos to share!

I'm surprised that tksbaskets didn't speak up and address your question, as she has been to DLR around that time frame.

As far as I know, IASWH stays open until mid-January-ish, and the area around it stays decorated.

Disney is pretty fast in taking down the major decorations after the season officially ends. When the season is over, it's over (except for IASWH). You may see some traces of things still around, and some leftover merchandise, but the bulk of the decor will be gone by January 7th.

Something that will likely still be up (even beyond January) are the stunning New Orleans Square Mardi Gras masks - those tend to stay up until Mardi Gras in Feburary, or even beyond that.

:santa::santa::santa:

Anyway, here is a brief highlight reel of my trip:

1. I GOT AN AWESOME SEAT FOR THE CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL - not once but TWO nights in a row!!!:cheer2::cool1::cheer2: I saw it twice! I got lucky and there were lots of no-shows for both nights. (I can tell you all exactly where to stand and when to try to get seats if you didn't win the AP lottery - if you're interested.)

I loved loved loved the CP. Oh my goodness...the lighting...the singers...the soloists...the songs... Pure Christmas glory. If you are a fan of Christmas and are connected in any way to the more spiritual side of it, the CP is for you! I am sooooooooooo glad I decided to try to see it. It is simply beautiful (and yes, of course, I took pictures)!;

2. I had a major celebrity sighting in DCA yesterday - Gwen Stefani and her super-hot husband, Gavin!! They were just a few feet away from me. This was the first A-List celebrity I've ever seen at DLR (I've seen B-List and below). Gwen walks with a strut, and was rockin' the red lips and gray pants/black tank top;

3. I ate peppermint ice cream (in a cone!), peppermint bark, gingerbread cookies, a peppermint bark Dazzler at Haagen Dazs and several Earl of Sandwich sandwiches (beware - before everyone gets excited about EoS, make sure to check your order before you leave because they make mistakes! They made two big mistakes in the visits I made over the last few days);

4. Did I mention that I love love love the Candlelight Processional and Lou Diamond Phillips was very charming and engaging?;

5. I got to see Laurie/DizNee Luver this morning at Surf's Up, and Liza/funatdisney joined us and kindly took me home - it was great to see both of them! I also saw my dear friends Jackie & Bob on Sunday, but Shawn was a no-show;

6. As usual, I took photos galore (not so many of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street this time, because I got tons of photos of those two lands in November (see link in signature below)! I love taking photos! On the first day I was not my usual self and felt kind of 'off,' but by Day 2 I got my photo groove back and I was on a roll! I have plenty of material for the Theme Week Countdown of 2013!; and

7. I got another free upgrade to a park view room at the PPH (third year in a row for a free upgrade)!:banana: (I love the PPH Christmas tree so much.)

Stay tuned for a photo-palooza!!

Glad you had what sounds like a successful trip!! It sounds like you took my dream holiday trip -- room upgrade, CP, peppermint ice cream, friends, etc. Even a cute celebrity :p

Now don't get sick!!

PHXscuba

p.s. After your room-payment debacle a couple years ago I bet the Disney reservation system has an "upgrade" tag permanently attached to your name!

Glad you had what sounds like a successful trip!! It sounds like you took my dream holiday trip -- room upgrade, CP, peppermint ice cream, friends, etc. Even a cute celebrity :p

Now don't get sick!!

PHXscuba

p.s. After your room-payment debacle a couple years ago I bet the Disney reservation system has an "upgrade" tag permanently attached to your name!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:That may be true, PHX!

The PPH folks told me that they "had to move some things around" to get me a room earlier than 3 p.m., so who knows if the room to which I was originally assigned was a park view room? All I know is that I ended up with a 6th floor park view (though I think I like the slightly higher floors for the views better because the lower floors are closer to the trees that are in the way).

I can tell you that actual peppermint ice cream is better than the peppermint bark-in-the-ice-cream situation that the Haagen Dazs Dazzler involves. The peppermint bark in the ice cream was a little too harsh, I think, while the real peppermint ice cream offered by Dreyer's is just perfect - not too mild and not too harsh on the peppermint.

I'm not sick so far, but there were tons of sick people at DLR. Everywhere I turned there were people coughing up a lung and blowing their noses. It will be a miracle if I didn't catch anything. However, at least I didn't get sick AT DLR, so that's a good thing!

I think you would love the CP!

Sherry, it sounds like you had a great trip to make up for last years debacle. I can hardly wait to hear about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter