Nothing in pockets rides - No sunglasses, reading glasses or baseball caps?

fdecker

Mouseketeer
I am especially concerned if you can't even have small reading glasses in a pocket or fanny pack because if you have to locker up before the end of the queue, how will I read anything?

I wear my glasses on all rides - been wearing glasses since I was 6 years old & I'm blind as a bat without 'em, LOL!.

Only three - Velocicoaster, Incredible Hulk & Rip Ride Rockit - allow nothing in pockets/carried on except your lanyard (yes, glasses are ok!) - they all have metal detectors.

Other rides will allow a small three prong fanny pack - that's what I used & was fine on all others.

ETA: Hats will have to come off or may be lost on several rides, too. My husband usually just tucks it under his leg or sits on it.

That answers it. The rides I was concerned about are Hulk and Velocicoaster. So that includes no wallet in your back pocket? I was on RRR a few years ago at Halloween Horror Nights and don't remember a metal detector. I guess all this is in the last few years? I was in Universal in Hollywood in 2019 and didn't remember it there either. But then I was traveling light and would have only had a fanny pack or wallet.

That answers it. The rides I was concerned about are Hulk and Velocicoaster. So that includes no wallet in your back pocket? I was on RRR a few years ago at Halloween Horror Nights and don't remember a metal detector. I guess all this is in the last few years? I was in Universal in Hollywood in 2019 and didn't remember it there either. But then I was traveling light and would have only had a fanny pack or wallet.
Nope, no wallet in your back pocket on those two.

As someone who wears reading glasses, I have never needed to read anything in the Hulk and Velocicoaster queues. The lockers open with your ticket bar code though, so be sure to have a pocket or lanyard for that on the ride (you tuck the lanyard in your shirt).

The metal detectors have been on RRR and Hulk since 2015.

Funny @BrianL, I almost used your avatar. Mine is from the haunted mansion as well. My other choice was to photoshop this one:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter